The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dean Ambrose - the longest reigning WWE World Champion of modern times

5 posters

Go down

Dean Ambrose - the longest reigning WWE World Champion of modern times Empty Dean Ambrose - the longest reigning WWE World Champion of modern times

Post by Hero Fri 03 Oct 2014, 10:09 pm

Now it's well documented I'm a Dean Ambrose mark, a fanboy somewhat, but even I raised an eyebrow at the current headline article on WWE.com

WWE in 5 years time...

John Cena as GM
NXT competing with RAW for main brand
A WWE Network Champion
Roman Reigns undefeated at Mania
Wrestlemania held in China
Hideo Itami is Mr Money in the Bank
But best of all... Dean Ambrose as WWE longest reigning world champion of modern times...and managed by Paul Heyman.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-in-five-years-predictions/page-7

Having some of that.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Dean Ambrose - the longest reigning WWE World Champion of modern times Empty Re: Dean Ambrose - the longest reigning WWE World Champion of modern times

Post by Jammy31 Sat 04 Oct 2014, 12:18 pm

I get that WWE are probably just having a joke around on this, but to if these were ever reality, then there's only two of those that I cannot get behind... 1) Roman Reigns undefeated at Wrestlemania and 2) Wrestlemania in China.

1) I'm really not sure if Reigns would be the next best guy to have an attempt at an Undefeated Streak. To be honest, I think that sort of thing is/was an Undertaker exclusive, with the mystery of his character adding to the spectacle.

2) My question is...why China? I know that it's a huge market to hit, but surely the British market would be the next best choice for a Mania? The fans here are incredible, even helping make the Raw after Mania an event in itself. The NFL and NBA regular season games that are held over here prove that American sports in the UK are huge events that always sell out. The Froch/Groves 2 fight shows that a mainstream event like Wrestlemania could be held easily in Wembley. The only issue I believe would be the time difference.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Dean Ambrose - the longest reigning WWE World Champion of modern times Empty Re: Dean Ambrose - the longest reigning WWE World Champion of modern times

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 04 Oct 2014, 2:54 pm

Well, NXT will never get that far. Ambrose won't align with Heyman if they know whats smart. And he wont have a Punk like run. Reigns could be undefeated at Mania by then, but not in the way the Streak was, more just by coincidence.

Mania inside the Olympic Stadium would not surprise me

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 04 Oct 2014, 3:27 pm

Edge was undefeated at Mania until he came up against Undertaker and it was never really brought up, so they could easily do that with Reigns and not have a big deal made of it.

I doubt WWE would have their biggest PPV of the year anywhere but the US. This isnt TNA we're talking about -ZING-

WWE would need to bring back the prestige of the current midcard titles before introducing what would be a lower card title.

I can see KENTA being MitB at some point, if they havent retired the concept by then.

NXT wont get to the level RAW is, and Im perfectly fine with that. The NXT product works on a small scale. While its superior to RAW in almost everyway right now, it wouldnt translate as well to a crowd the size of RAW's or even SmackDown's.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 05 Oct 2014, 5:22 pm

Taker was undefeated at Mania around 5/6-0 by coincidence too IMO

I don't think it was ever something the really thought about until the late 90s - Realistically if Warrior didn't stand his ground at SummerSlam 91 then the streak would never have happened

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down