The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canelo pulls out.

3 posters

Go down

Canelo pulls out. Empty Canelo pulls out.

Post by alanqlm Tue 07 Oct 2014, 11:16 am

I guess the lack of comment on the Clottey fight being off probably says more about Saul's choice of opponent than anything else.

But apparently he has picked up an ankle injury and had to pull out of the fight. While there will probably be very few fans bothered by this as it was nothing more than a keep busy fight. Clottey though will undoubtably be cursing his luck as was probably more surprised than anybody at getting picked for the fight and payday.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Canelo pulls out. Empty Re: Canelo pulls out.

Post by bellchees Tue 07 Oct 2014, 11:38 am

The Clottey of a few years ago before the Manny fight would have been a good test for him, good engine, rock solid chin and decent punch. I've not seen his fights since then but don't imagine he was anything other than a large punch bag so I can't say I'm disappointed by this at all. Kind of hope Alvarez is out for a while leaving Cotto short of opponents not named Golovkin.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Tue 07 Oct 2014, 11:43 am

If GGG does fight and win Cotto, it is not the same scalp as getting a win over Cotto at WW or LM. Good fight all the same but not the one which will silence the doubters, and rightly so.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue 07 Oct 2014, 12:16 pm

aja424 wrote:If GGG does fight and win Cotto, it is not the same scalp as getting a win over Cotto at WW or LM. Good fight all the same but not the one which will silence the doubters, and rightly so.

That's part of the reason why myself and everyone else wants the fight. You've got a Light Middleweight who has never fought at the full Middleweight limit parading as the undisputed champion as he got a shot that Golovkin deserved and Martinez showed up practically disabled for the fight.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down