The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russian GP Thread - Contains Spoilers of Qualifying & Race

+8
dummy_half
Born Slippy
Bull
mystiroakey
Gerry SA
dyrewolfe
sportform
Fernando
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Russian GP Thread - Contains Spoilers of Qualifying & Race  - Page 3 Empty Russian GP Thread - Contains Spoilers of Qualifying & Race

Post by Fernando Wed 08 Oct 2014, 3:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

For those who don't know what it looks like plus those who play the video game

The 2014 Russian GP preview: Everything you need to know about this weekend's race!

F1 heads to the Sochi Autodrom for the inaugural Russian Grand Prix around the site of this year’s Winter Olympics.

So read on below as Sky Sports Online provides your one-stop shop for everything you need to know about the grand prix weekend. You can also watch a virtual flyover of the brand-new circuit in the video above.

The 2014 Russian GP in a nutshell

Track: Sochi Autodrom. Temporary Circuit.

Designer: Hermann Tilke

Race start time: 12pm UK time Sunday (3pm local).

Laps: 53.

Track length: 5.853 km (the third longest of the season after Spa & Silverstone).

Corners: 12 right and six left-handers.

Predicted average lap speed: 215 kph

Tyre allocation: Medium (white) and soft (yellow).

DRS Zones: TBA.

Driver steward: TBA.

Sebastian Vettel, who drove the circuit in a road car in August, said: "Having driven the full circuit for the first time in the Infiniti Q50, it’s an interesting layout with a good mix of high speed corners and technical sections. It’s going to be a huge challenge in a Formula 1 car for sure and I’m really looking forward to coming back in October.”

Sergio Perez: “The location of the track inside the Olympic park is very unusual. If I get the opportunity I will definitely explore a bit. From the photographs I’ve seen it looks to be a very impressive facility. There are some long straights, some tight corners, and I think it will feel like a street circuit because the walls are close to the track in a lot of areas."

Nico Hulkenberg: “It’s hard to look at a track on paper and really get an understanding of how it will feel to drive. I prefer to go there and experience things before I make judgements and talk about track characteristics. So in that sense it’s too early for me to compare it with another circuit. What is clear is that there are some really quick sections and a lot of right-angled corners."

Ferrari Technical Director James Allison: "The dominant corner is a really quite aggressively fast long flowing left-hander, shortly after the start-finish straight. So you can see just by a casual look that this is going to be a track where there is going to be a competition between what you want on the straights and what you want for that series of slow speed corners. The slow speed corners are going to be crying out for downforce, the straights, the opposite."

Tyre allocation

Pirelli will bring the white-marked medium and the yellow-banded soft to Russia this weekend after carrying out “advanced computer simulations in collaboration with the teams to prepare for the demands of a new venue and predict the likely strategies”.

“Russia is a key territory for Pirelli, along with all the major automotive companies in the world, so we are very much looking forward to Sochi and the first Russian Grand Prix, which is a significant milestone in the sport’s history,” said Pirelli Motorsport Director Paul Hembery.

“From a tyre perspective it should be an interesting challenge; we’ve got a wide variety of corners that should test every aspect of performance. As has been the case at every grand prix this year, we’re aiming for between two and three pit stops per race and the nomination we have made reflects this. In terms of overall tyre energy demands, Russia is somewhere in the middle, and measurements also indicate low-abrasion asphalt.

“Regarding the weather, initial forecasts suggest that conditions will be temperate. Going to a new circuit is always exciting and it’s only when we get there that we will have a complete idea of what to expect, so the work done in free practice will be particularly important for everyone.”

Last edited by Fernando on Thu 06 Nov 2014, 3:27 pm; edited 4 times in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Russian GP Thread - Contains Spoilers of Qualifying & Race  - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian GP Thread - Contains Spoilers of Qualifying & Race

Post by Fernando Fri 24 Oct 2014, 12:23 pm

Caterham have officially been put into administration.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Russian GP Thread - Contains Spoilers of Qualifying & Race  - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian GP Thread - Contains Spoilers of Qualifying & Race

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 12:29 pm

Fantastic news for F1. It's been a good year so far, Lewis leads the Championship, the clueless idiot Whitmarsh got sacked from McLaren & now this absolute dogs*** Caterham team, who were an absolute embarrassment, are hopefully no more. Bubbly Russian GP Thread - Contains Spoilers of Qualifying & Race  - Page 3 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 24 Oct 2014, 12:32 pm

Actually the gives them more of a chance in surviving as now their be able to compete in Austin which means they don't default their F1 contract so still get the money at end of season.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 24 Oct 2014, 12:47 pm

All we need now is no 1 team dominance
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 12:53 pm

Fernando wrote:Actually the gives them more of a chance in surviving as now their be able to compete in Austin which means they don't default their F1 contract so still get the money at end of season.

Don't tell me that.

Seriously, time for them to pack up & go home for good. Nobody wants to see that stupid green thing going round anymore, we've had enough. Even worse, is that Haas has said this, 'our aim in the first five years it to survive, then we will begin challenging the mid-table teams'. picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 12:55 pm

John, your a crack-up. Nothing will ever please you. Christ knows what will happen to you, if Rosberg wins this Championship Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 24 Oct 2014, 12:56 pm

yep they should now be able to get into the factory and take the cars out.... I doubt they will come back next season though.. well lets see.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 24 Oct 2014, 12:57 pm

It appears Marussia are doomed too angel

Michael Schmidt, the highly respected correspondent for Germany's Auto Motor und Sport, claims the team has been living "hand to mouth" since August's Belgian Grand Prix, where Max Chilton almost sat out the race due to "contractual issues".
"We have now learned that another cash injection is required so that the team can make the trip to Austin and Sao Paulo," Schmidt said.
"This is happening while the owner Andrey Cheglakov wants to sell."

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 24 Oct 2014, 2:46 pm

Fernando wrote:It appears Marussia are doomed too  angel

Michael Schmidt, the highly respected correspondent for Germany's Auto Motor und Sport, claims the team has been living "hand to mouth" since August's Belgian Grand Prix, where Max Chilton almost sat out the race due to "contractual issues".
"We have now learned that another cash injection is required so that the team can make the trip to Austin and Sao Paulo," Schmidt said.
"This is happening while the owner Andrey Cheglakov wants to sell."

Again, its kinda sad, but maybe for the best as they didn't appear to be making any progress either. Just that one points-scoring race in Monaco to show for 3-4 years of competition.

Feel sorry for the drivers and the team in general.

Hopefully the penny will drop at some point that F1 teams aren't something that can be run long-term by individual owners...at least not in the modern era.

I think these days you either have to be a manufacturer that can sustain an F1 team on the side, or else a global corporation that can afford to throw buckets of money at the team.

Red Bull - backed by megabucks namesake company and won multiple titles

Toro Rosso - also backed by Red Bull and help their driver development programme. Reasonably competitive mid-grid team.

Lotus - just the name and badge. Actually owned by Proton(?). Maybe if they had someone with Colin Chapman's engineering knowhow they might be more competitive? Serious financial issues of late. Have veered between being reasonably competitive and downright awful.

Sauber - originally founded by Peter Sauber - not sure who owns them now. Bit of an enigma - another perennial mid-grid team who've never quite had the car or drivers to challenge the big teams. No known financial issues.

Williams - the baby of the legendary Frank Williams with a distinguished history...perhaps thats what helped them get through their recent turbulent times. Possibly on the verge of greatness once again, if they can sustain their comeback.

Force India - owned by Indian businessman Vijay Mallya (?) Always in and around the middle of the grid. Never great but never truly awful either. Have had financial troubles in the past but currently seem stable enough.

So out of those 6 teams, which make up half the grid, only 1 "new" team has achieved any kind of success. The only other title-winning team has been through a pretty barren last couple of decades and probably relied on its history to continue to secure sponsors.

When you look at that, is it any wonder that new teams struggle so badly? I just hope that Haas and whoever else comes in either have bags of money to throw at the team to make it competitive, or else unearth some genuine driving and design talent that won't demand the kind of salaries the likes of Adrian Newey, Ross Brawn, Alonso, Hamilton or Vettel can command.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 6:33 pm

We won't be seeing those ridiculous slow green things in Austin. Caterham given special dispensation to miss the next two races, while they find a buyer.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 24 Oct 2014, 6:41 pm

ok fair enough. But the administrators would be stupid not to let them finish the season- because otherwise they will have less money and miss out on there part of the prize fund and sponsorship- and they will still have to pay there contracted drivers and employees-well to a certain extent anyway- you cant get blood out of a stone!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 24 Oct 2014, 11:49 pm

mystiroakey wrote:ok fair enough. But the administrators would be stupid not to let them finish the season- because otherwise they will have less money and miss out on there part of the prize fund and sponsorship- and they will still have to pay there contracted drivers and employees-well to a certain extent anyway- you cant get blood out of a stone!

From the sounds of things, that isn't exactly a priority at the moment. Caterham are effectively writing off this season now to concentrate on finding a buyer. I don't imagine finishing bottom of the constructors' standings will bring a substantial reward and the new owners (if they find one) will take care of finding new sponsorship.

If the administrators are unable to find a buyer, I don't imagine we'll be seeing Caterham in F1 again.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 25 Oct 2014, 9:43 am

Well Finbarr(administartor) has made it clear that the assets they have are worth  much more if they are racing. But he is saying that the creditors will be paying if that happens.. So if that is the case well- they will not make more money back by fulfilling there contractual obligations to get there money at year end.

So it looks like they wont make more by racing. They need to find a buyer ASAP.

And unless a rich caterham lover comes along or a rich play boy looking to get into this prestigious sport comes along they have no chance in the future of this sport

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 10:06 am

Marussia are missing Austin. Apparently, Caterham already have a number of interested parties.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 25 Oct 2014, 10:55 am

I think I speak for everyone when I say, thank ****
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 25 Oct 2014, 10:55 am

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE

A rarity for me here or could be a first. I will say credit to Bernie Ecclestone for giving Caterham time and do agree when he says it is not good losing teams. I do feel he may feel a tad responsible as two or three years ago he spoke of giving better financial pay-outs to new teams but for some reason they never came about.

It is sad to see any team go to the wall and we could be losing two teams very soon. Something has to be done to address the death of so many F1 teams in recent years. Teams such as Super Aguri, Spyker, Midland, Toyota, BAR and so many more have gone to the wall and I am certain the way things are currently any incoming new teams will follow suit.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 25 Oct 2014, 10:56 am

If teams aren't competent enough to be competitive I won't miss them.

And I mean competitive, not consistently seconds off the midfield. Both teams are largely irrelevant.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 25 Oct 2014, 11:02 am

Rumour has it that Audi will join F1 in 2016 (Yeah not going to happen.)

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 25 Oct 2014, 11:10 am

GSC wrote:If teams aren't competent enough to be competitive I won't miss them.

And I mean competitive, not consistently seconds off the midfield. Both teams are largely irrelevant.

All teams have to start somewhere but like I said the way money is divided up does nothing whatsoever to encourage new teams to find their feet. The big money goes to the big teams who are largely self-funded and financially well-off anyway whilst new teams are fed crumbs and teams cannot thrive on crumbs in the present climate. Is it any surprise new teams aren't competitive when money is starved of them. It would seem that unless a new team is backed by billionaires it is destined to failure. The last new teams to break into F1 and flourish have been Red Bull (backed by billionaire Dieter Meserschmitz) and Force India (backed by Vijay Mallya another billionaire) and that funding enabled them to build a competitive outfit. Anything less in F1 and new teams are destined to fail in the present set up.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 25 Oct 2014, 11:30 am

This is Formula 1, you can't expect to be propped up just because you're awful.

Caterham and Marussia entered F1 in 2010, have 1 points finish between them, progressed nowhere even with a hard reset. The only time they get on TV is when they get lapped 2-3 times a race by the leaders or when they crash and bring out a safety car.

I won't miss them, I doubt anyone will, and if it opens a spot for someone with the resources to flourish, fantastic
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 25 Oct 2014, 11:44 am

You are totally missing the point here.

Caterham and Marussia will probably go to the wall but surely F1 should be distributing TV monies to better channels. Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull, McLaren are self-funded and well-off but still they get the massive chunk of TV revenues whilst the newcomers get next to zilch. How can anyone realistically expect them to be competitive on those terms. Like it or lump it the likes of Caterham are a part of F1 but you wouldn't think so with the miniscule cut of TV money they get. This situation smacks of the SPL deal in football where for years Celtic and Rangers were given about 80% of TV deal money and we all know what the SPL is like. Asking teams to compete with multi-billion pound teams on not even a shoestring budget is hard enough but it becomes impossible when they are flung microscopic shares of TV money. As for other teams coming in to flourish well that is very fanciful thinking. It won't happen unless the team is backed by a billionaire.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 25 Oct 2014, 2:32 pm

Bull wrote:Rumour has it that Audi will join F1 in 2016 (Yeah not going to happen.)

That rumor comes out on a yearly basis. This year is due to Domenicali joining their WEC team angel So expect Alonso to Audi rumors in the next few weeks.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 25 Oct 2014, 4:22 pm

Fernando wrote:
Bull wrote:Rumour has it that Audi will join F1 in 2016 (Yeah not going to happen.)

That rumor comes out on a yearly basis. This year is due to Domenicali joining their WEC team angel So expect Alonso to Audi rumors in the next few weeks.
Alonso to Audi is already doing the rounds in Germany and Spain...

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 25 Oct 2014, 4:25 pm

Looks like there won't be Q1 in Austin. As neither Marussia or Caterham are racing. And Vetted is out of engines so won't be entering qualifying

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 4:44 pm

Yeah, knew about Vettel after Russia missing qualifying, but is Q1 cancelled & confirmed or just an assumption, given the absentees?

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 25 Oct 2014, 5:00 pm

6 usually drop out- 5 already have.

I think they probably will stick with it for the one place. its part of the show for the fans.

Unless Gerry has a valid source

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 25 Oct 2014, 5:35 pm

I'd do 4 drop out in Q1 and Q2.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 25 Oct 2014, 5:45 pm

Sorry the article I read suggested another driver, unnamed, has run out of engines. So that would be the cars missing. 

Depends on whether that report is correct.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 27 Oct 2014, 10:48 am

Marussia join Caterham in administration.

Don't let the door hit you guys on the way out.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 27 Oct 2014, 12:48 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:You are totally missing the point here.

Caterham and Marussia will probably go to the wall but surely F1 should be distributing TV monies to better channels. Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull, McLaren are self-funded and well-off but still they get the massive chunk of TV revenues whilst the newcomers get next to zilch. How can anyone realistically expect them to be competitive on those terms. Like it or lump it the likes of Caterham are a part of F1 but you wouldn't think so with the miniscule cut of TV money they get. This situation smacks of the SPL deal in football where for years Celtic and Rangers were given about 80% of TV deal money and we all know what the SPL is like. Asking teams to compete with multi-billion pound teams on not even a shoestring budget is hard enough but it becomes impossible when they are flung microscopic shares of TV money. As for other teams coming in to flourish well that is very fanciful thinking. It won't happen unless the team is backed by a billionaire.

And even thats a dodgy proposition as the team is only secure as long as the owner is interested and prepared to finance the team.

You make some good points Craig. The big teams already have the sponsors and (in some cases) added financial clout from their road car businesses.

The smaller teams struggle to be competitive due to their smaller budgets and reduced ability to attract major sponsors. Giving them a smaller cut of the TV money is just creating a vicious circle, which keeps them firmly at the back of the grid.

I completely agree there needs to be more help / incentives to help new teams enter (and stay in) F1, otherwise we are going to have a revolving door of back-of-the-grid teams that come and go every few years.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 7:32 pm

British-Indian brothers Baljinder Sohi and Sonny Kaushal are in negotiations to rescue the beleaguered Marussia F1 Team following confirmation the outfit has gone into administration. The brothers, who made their money in the steel industry, are close to securing a deal according to Sohi, with a reported £55 million ($89m) offer on the table. "We are very close to a deal," he said. "But it has to be the right price. We have put in a serious offer and we will see what happens."

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 27 Oct 2014, 8:05 pm

Odds on how long this pair last.

I got 6 months
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 27 Oct 2014, 8:29 pm

And Max Mosley (okay not a great endorsement) has today said exactly the same. TV money has to be distributed evenly.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 8:40 pm

Marussia are an attractive option, hence the interest. At present, Marussia lie 9th in the constructors' standings and are set to land almost £40m ($65m) in prize money, compared to just £6m ($10m) for finishing in last in 2013. As long as the new owners are committed to the cause, Marussia should be fine. The same can't be said for Caterham. I think it's the end of the road for them, thankfully.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 27 Oct 2014, 8:54 pm

I'd rather have teams pushing boundaires than a vast quandry of mediocre.

You want more money, earn it.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 27 Oct 2014, 10:39 pm

GSC wrote:I'd rather have teams pushing boundaires than a vast quandry of mediocre.

You want more money, earn it.

This is like the chicken and the egg.

To push the boundaries you first must have vast swathes of collateral which your major teams have from money brought in from numerous sources - sources new teams don't have access to. And just to make new teams task all the more impossible they are given miniscule share of the TV money which is neither fair or going to aid anyone other than the big teams who don't really need the extra cash anyway. Like I said the football TV deals levy money out in the same way - mmost to the big clubs and crumbs to the small hence you only ever get a handful of clubs winning the trophies. Not good for competition and fatal to any incoming new teams. The FIA must address this or perhaps should cut down the amount they demand (which is grossly extortionate) for entrance fees for the season.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 28 Oct 2014, 8:07 pm

Of course the big teams need the cash. As I say, I'd have teams pushing for greatness than everyone looking for tiny margins over mediocrity. Don't get into F1 if you can't afford it would be my advice. I won't be taking out a loan to buy a lambo anytime soon.

Vettel confirms he won't qualify in Austin, and chances are he won't practice at all to save the engine.

So good job on that rule.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Oct 2014, 10:08 am

GSC wrote:Vettel confirms he won't qualify in Austin, and chances are he won't practice at all to save the engine.

Four engine units for 2015 isn't it? picard

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 Oct 2014, 10:25 am

Why you'd have a strict limit on new technology this year is beyond me
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 29 Oct 2014, 11:11 am

GSC wrote:Of course the big teams need the cash. As I say, I'd have teams pushing for greatness than everyone looking for tiny margins over mediocrity. Don't get into F1 if you can't afford it would be my advice. I won't be taking out a loan to buy a lambo anytime soon.

Vettel confirms he won't qualify in Austin, and chances are he won't practice at all to save the engine.

You are totally missing the point. F1 has always had a bunch of teams way off the pace and underfunded but in the past they survived as TV monies were divied out fairly I'd guess and the bigger teams weren't throwing so much cash into it. Just remember that some of F1's most memorable moments do contain these smaller teams such as Webber getting third in a Minardi, Vettel's success in a Torro Rosso and Jordan and the fleeting success they had. If F1 carries on with the same financial structuring of TV monies etc then pretty soon we could be looking at a grid of even fewer cars of say 12 or 14. Pretty dire proposition that.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 Oct 2014, 11:26 am

Don't know why Toro Rosso are included, they're funded by the same people as RB.

And do we really miss any of those teams greatly? I'd argue we don't.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 Oct 2014, 11:27 am

Well, actually I do miss Jordan because we have to suffer Eddie as a result.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 29 Oct 2014, 11:37 am

GSC wrote:Don't know why Toro Rosso are included, they're funded by the same people as RB.

And do we really miss any of those teams greatly? I'd argue we don't.

It is not a point of whether you miss them or not more that they are a vital ingredient of F1. Toyota were a big team but we don't miss them do we? Point is the lesser teams are lesser and going bust because of the current financial climate or way the FIA divvie out TV money. Even Mosley sees it as wrong. ALL teams are part of F1 regardless of their speed and size and they all pay the same entrance fees to enter F1 so they should all get an equal share of TV monies - not hard to implement but hard to argue with that is it not?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 Oct 2014, 11:44 am

I'd rather reward success than mediocrity. Should Fulhsm have received the same prize money as City for their efforts.

That was rather easy actually.

There are 3 teams I'd miss if they left F1.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 29 Oct 2014, 11:55 am

You are just not getting it. Success is based on funding so you can't really have one without the other. Heck we have seen some great men with great F1 experience and brains try to bring their own teams into F1 and fail such as Sir Jackie Stewart. It is not because of incompetence or mediocrity as you assume but simple lack of funding to build a really competitive team - the sort of funding that Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes already have in place. Take away their funding and they'd be equally uncompetitive. Are Hull not challenging for the EPL because they are mediocre or merely because they lack the funds to spend to get the players Chelsea and Man City have? Money (or lack of it from TV Money for some) is the root of the evil in F1 - plain and simple
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 Oct 2014, 11:58 am

If evil is having a F1 where success isn't rewarded, then I best start growing a pencil moustache and goatee.

As before, if you can't afford it, don't waste your money. City and Chelsea could afford it, unsurprisingly Tony Fernandes has been proven a failure in F1 and Football.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 29 Oct 2014, 11:59 am

To back up what I am saying - the last new F1 team who made an impact were Red Bull backed by the billions of Dieter Mateschitz.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 Oct 2014, 12:00 pm

And I understand the point perfectly. I just don't agree with the idea of being rewarded for participation and biting off more than you can chew.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 29 Oct 2014, 12:00 pm

GSC wrote:If evil is having a F1 where success isn't rewarded, then I best start growing a pencil moustache and goatee.

As before, if you can't afford it, don't waste your money. City and Chelsea could afford it, unsurprisingly Tony Fernandes has been proven a failure in F1 and Football.

Oh great so in this elitest world lets just say - may the richest team win. picard
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 Oct 2014, 12:02 pm

Then don't pay for something you can't afford.

As I said before, I'm not taking out a loan to buy a Lambo because I can't afford to repay it. Its not F1s fault Caterhams and Virgin/Marussias owners tried to bite off more than they could chew.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next