The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agents Of Shield

4 posters

Go down

Agents Of Shield Empty Agents Of Shield

Post by hampo17 Wed 08 Oct 2014, 10:18 pm

Did anyone stick with this all the way through? I know a lot of people who weren't happy that it didn't involve the actual avengers, however I felt it tied the back story of Coulsens "death" up quite nicely and also tied in with The Winter Soldier story. Just started the new season as the ABC website streams them one week after they've aired, Coulsen is now trying to rebuild SHIELD.

Spoiler:

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Agents Of Shield Empty Re: Agents Of Shield

Post by Brys Thu 09 Oct 2014, 1:01 am

I've watched it all the way through and like many Whedon tv shows it got off to a very slow start. A previous show of his Dollhouse also had a similar problem but never recovered from it and while I think AoS will just hang in there for a 3rd and an automatic 4th season, its gonna be close though.

Personally found AoS to be very hard to get into and it didn't really get going as a serious till it got the Winter Soldier story out the way. A big part of the problem was it had to wait around for to many episodes for the events of CA/Thor to take place. This caused some serious pacing problems in the series and for me the cast mix has never been quite right, Ward especially has never convinced me as a character.

I've seen the first 3 episodes of the 2nd season and its a much better show for not being quite as tied down by the Winter Soldier storyline. They've even adjusted the characters a bit and I'm liking the cast mix more this season and it feels better for it. Whedon has seen some great shows (Dollhouse and Firefly) be cancelled due to his slow start approach and not being able to entice his audience to stick beyond a couple of episodes.

AoS is in a precarious position, it could easily be cancelled this year even if the storyline keeps picking up due to the damage that was done by the first 15 or so episodes. The new Agent Carter tv series this year could play a part in if its renewed by how well that's received, if it does well then I can't see Disney letting AoS fall even if its ratings merit such a thing normally. Smile

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 15 Oct 2014, 10:40 am

I watched through the first season. Thought it was pretty good actually (good enough that I stuck with it). Haven't started season 2 yet.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Wed 15 Oct 2014, 12:34 pm

I watched the first season and thought it was ok. Season 2 is coming on Channel 4 (UK) end of this month I think. Saw advertisement for it the other day.
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 15 Oct 2014, 1:52 pm

I'm up to episode 4 of season two at the moment, the way they are developing the character of Fitz following the end of season one is great.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Thu 23 Oct 2014, 10:02 am

The 2nd season starts on channel 4 (UK) tomorrow night (Friday).

Actually looking forward to as reports seem to say it as started off better than the 1st series.

Teaser trailer is out for The Avengers: Age of Ultron which was supposed to be on TV during the next Agents of Shield. Looks impressive - HULKBUSTER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:36 am

Did anybody stick with the second season of this? It's just restarted in the states, and can be watched on the ABC website with some tinkering about with your IP address.

Looking forward to see how they open up the Inhumans story, could lead well in to future Avengers films.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Thu 05 Mar 2015, 2:06 pm

I enjoyed the end of the mid season and the links with the Inhumans. I believe an Inhumans film is on Marvel's long list! Hope it links in with AOS and has the same characters (actors/actresses).

Just waiting for it to be back on channel 4 (believe its either this month or next). I know it has had its critics but I (being a superhero comic fan) have really enjoyed it so far.

hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down