The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+8
Pal Joey
kingraf
Mind the windows Tino.
superflyweight
rIck_dAgless
Union Cane
seanmichaels
JuliusHMarx
12 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 16 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:46 am

First topic message reminder :

Phucking Phirst.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 16 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:03 pm

His official food & drink taster only died recently.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 16 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Union Cane Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:04 pm

Did he only have one ball?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Union Cane wrote:Did he only have one ball?

Himmler had something similar.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Saw a jet ski on Jaws 2 last night. Wasn't orange but the guy driving it had a sledgehammer mullet so was probably rivalling Hull KR in the cool stakes.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:05 pm

kingraf wrote:Hitler was right handed. Da Vinci was left handed. As was god

Oooh, hark at Nietzsche!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Union Cane wrote:Did he only have one ball?

Yes, a Titleist. He would have liked to have been a scratch golfer though.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Rowley wrote:Hitler was also not tee-total as is often stated. He often drank Champagne with a meal.

I heard he was partial to a pint after shooting a 96 at golf.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:09 pm

This probably ties up the morning's efforts quite nicely. Just heard on the wireless that some German bird won the Olympic High Jump with a world record. A couple of months later she was travelling by train when the conductor arrested her. Turns out he made her strip on the carriage and when the panties came down there was a knob and 2 Love sacks. Apparently Hitler had forced him to do it for the good of the nation.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:09 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Rowley wrote:Hitler was also not tee-total as is often stated. He often drank Champagne with a meal.

I heard he was partial to a pint after shooting a 96 at golf.  

Anything less than that then he would get his niece to urinate on his face in the Munich apartment.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:11 pm

Hence the short moustache. He had unbelievably high hygiene standards.

OK. Wassforlunch?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:14 pm

I had a slice of pepperoni pizza from greg's as I had to pay a few cheques in. suprisingly palatable.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:15 pm

Bavarian ham & Bavarian smoked cheese sandwich, grapes, apple, banana, orange (might have been a nectarine or tangerine, it was quite small).
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:16 pm

Haven't actually had lunch yet. Busier than normal day at the office. Had a banana about 15 minutes ago though.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:16 pm

Union Cane wrote:Bavarian ham & Bavarian smoked cheese sandwich, grapes, apple, banana, orange (might have been a nectarine or tangerine, it was quite small).

you've been to aldi.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:17 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I had a slice of pepperoni pizza from greg's as I had to pay a few cheques in. suprisingly palatable.

Interesting. Why do you pay your cheques in at Gregg's?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:18 pm

Chicken, chorizo and cheddar on a seeded bap. Packet of Salt n Vinegar McCoys. Empire biscuit (with blackcurrant chewy sweet placed delightfully in the middle of the icing).

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:20 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Union Cane wrote:Bavarian ham & Bavarian smoked cheese sandwich, grapes, apple, banana, orange (might have been a nectarine or tangerine, it was quite small).

you've been to aldi.

Phuck off, I'm not a phucking scummy benefits pauper.

It was from Lidl.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:20 pm

I had zero percent Bavarian beer on Sunday, it was actually quite enjoyable. Need more of that in my life
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:22 pm

superflyweight wrote:Chicken, chorizo and cheddar on a seeded bap.  Packet of Salt n Vinegar McCoys.  Empire biscuit (with blackcurrant chewy sweet placed delightfully in the middle of the icing).  

All washed down with a half pint of mother's milk no doubt. Sounds scrummy.

In fact all those lunches do. I can't wait for breakfast now.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:23 pm

3 slices (1 x crust) of cheese on toast. Extra mature cheddar.

A tomato cut in half with some salt on each half.

A pack of Pom Bears (stolen from kids cupboard).

A can of coke zero.

Currently on 4 jaffa cakes although this may increase over the next hour or two.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:23 pm

seanmichaels wrote:This probably ties up the morning's efforts quite nicely. Just heard on the wireless that some German bird won the Olympic High Jump with a world record. A couple of months later she was travelling by train when the conductor arrested her. Turns out he made her strip on the carriage and when the panties came down there was a knob and 2 Love sacks. Apparently Hitler had forced him to do it for the good of the nation.
I think if ever there was a time to introduce the word "ghoulies" to a conversation, that was it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:25 pm

You're my favourite poster, Tina.

I feel like sticking my ears between a buxom Bavarian beer wench's breasts now.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:27 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:You're my favourite poster, Tina.

And you're my favourite poster in emeritus.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:31 pm

I bought the 2008, 2012, 2013 and 2014 cheese of the year yesterday. Sussex Charmer. It is belting. The place where it is produced has a coffee shop and their speciality is cheese on toast.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:33 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:You're my favourite poster, Tina.

And you're my favourite poster in emeritus.

Now, now... let's not get too personal on here. It might create jealousy amongst some alumni.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:41 pm

Phuck all of you. Glorious Empire was my favourite poster. I quite enjoyed his work. Had me posting in threads I didn't even care about.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:46 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I bought the 2008, 2012, 2013 and 2014 cheese of the year yesterday. Sussex Charmer. It is belting. The place where it is produced has a coffee shop and their speciality is cheese on toast.

I love cheese on toast. I prefer it on fresh white bread but had to make do with sliced supermarket bread.

Sometimes I add a little Worcester sauce but not today.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:52 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I bought the 2008, 2012, 2013 and 2014 cheese of the year yesterday. Sussex Charmer. It is belting. The place where it is produced has a coffee shop and their speciality is cheese on toast.

I love cheese on toast.  I prefer it on fresh white bread but had to make do with sliced supermarket bread.

Sometimes I add a little Worcester sauce but not today.

Remember those 2 indian chaps on the telly making cheese on toast a while ago. It looked incredible. They had beer and allsorts in it. Check this bad boy out:

When I began my career at the Taj Mahal Hotel in Bombay some thirty-eight years ago, the most popular canapé item in banqueting at its restaurant was the chilli cheese toast – a spicy relative of the Welsh rarebit. Indians are habituated abusers of every cuisine and this creativity gets the taste buds tingling. I know you will make your own versions too, go for it! I am no purist, so add cayenne pepper as some do, or chilli powder as others do.

Ingredients

50g/2oz salted butter

50g/2oz plain flour

about 250ml/9fl oz beer or milk

100g/4oz mature Cheddar, grated

100g/4oz Caerphilly or other mature cheese, grated

25g/1oz Shropshire blue or other blue cheese, crumbled, or more to taste

3 free-range egg yolks

pinch salt

2–3 mild fresh green chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped

1 garlic clove, finely crushed (optional)

1 tsp crushed black peppercorns

1 heaped tbsp chopped fresh coriander

2–3 tbsp English mustard

6–8 thick slices bread

chutney, to serve

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:55 pm

making me hungry

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 16 Irish_rarebit_65884_16x9

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:57 pm

That's a lot of work for a simple dish.

I just go with:

12 slices (4 per piece of bread) of cheddar cheese (or equivalent amount of grated cheese)

3 slices of bread.

Toast one side of bread.

Put cheese on t'other side and then stick under the grill again till cheese is melted.

Worcester sauce, if you want, can be added during the cheese melting phase.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:59 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Check this bad boy out

Yay!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:59 pm

Honkey or brother for your loaf?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:01 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Honkey or brother for your loaf?

Honkey.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:03 pm

*Worcestershire
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:03 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Honkey or brother for your loaf?

Honkey.

Nice. I'm a honkey man myself.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:03 pm

Union Cane wrote:*Worcestershire

Correct.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:03 pm

kingraf wrote:Phuck all of you. Glorious Empire was my favourite poster. I quite enjoyed his work. Had me posting in threads I didn't even care about.

He asked me for a job a couple of years back. Imagine that? He'd always want to have the last word.
(Had to think of an excuse... like recession... even though there wasn't really one here technically speaking)
I never minded him but I can see how the other mods might have grown sick of him. I thought he was hilarious.

Just hearing some very light rain outside. Just gone midnight and there is a yellowy-greenish moonlight.
The pool is getting filled for the first time. Pity it's still clay and shale though. It will have the concrete in by next week.

Photo from mid afternoon. Looks like gold there but it's actually Wianamatta shale/sandstone bedrock. Still a lot of earthworks to be done around it.
Spoiler:

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:07 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:

Just hearing some very light rain outside. Just gone midnight and there is a yellowy-greenish moonlight.
The pool is getting filled for the first time. Pity it's still clay and shale though. It will have the concrete in by next week.

Photo from mid afternoon. Looks like gold there but it's actually Wianamatta shale/sandstone bedrock. Still a lot of earthworks to be done around it.
Spoiler:

Are you a builder?

We've been promised a bit of a buffeting tonight but I expect it'll amount to nowt. 21 degrees on Saturday here. Very strange feeling for end of October.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:08 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

Spoiler:

Are you a builder?

We've been promised a bit of a buffeting tonight but I expect it'll amount to nowt. 21 degrees on Saturday here. Very strange feeling for end of October.

LD is an architect. And a bloody fine one at that.

Does no one other than me pay attention to things round here.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Does no one other than me pay attention to things round here.

You sound like my missus.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:11 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Does no one other than me pay attention to things round here.

You should pay more attention to your Lea & Perrin's bottle.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:13 pm

Thinking of studying Law, Tino.

Hopefully the finished product will look a lot better. The digger got a bit carried away and will have to reform certain areas and put some earth back. The cut out bit at the back left will be a "waterfall" (more like a steep dam spillway with textured rock) with a seat at the bottom. Steps on the middle left... more like a Roman bath entry on the long side rather than piddly little steps on the short end. They have to form up another step in concrete though.

I'm not into big pools or lap pools. This one is sort of like an overgrown plunge pool.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:16 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Does no one other than me pay attention to things round here.

You should pay more attention to TIMC.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:18 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:Thinking of studying Law, Tino.

Hopefully the finished product will look a lot better. The digger got a bit carried away and will have to reform certain areas and put some earth back. The cut out bit at the back left will be a "waterfall" (more like a steep dam spillway with textured rock) with a seat at the bottom. Steps on the middle left... more like a Roman bath entry on the long side rather than piddly little steps on the short end. They have to form up another step in concrete though.

I'm not into big pools or lap pools. This one is sort of like an overgrown plunge pool.

is it a drop in pool (mould) or did you say concrete?

I used to spend a lot of my time at this open air pool in Sydney. Just outside Glebe - was it King George or something like that?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:20 pm

Union Cane wrote:

I do do, hence how she has ended up in the condition she is.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:21 pm

Ha, I found it on the map. Victoria Park. Near the uni

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:26 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

When is it due? Is it her first?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:27 pm

Concrete, sean.

He's dug it deeper to allow for the 150mm thick shell. (cut to 1.75-1.80m) for the 1.6m deep end, 1.4 in the middle (cut to 1.55m) and 1.2 in the shallow end (cut to 1.35). He's going to jackhammer the corners, etc and sculpt it a bit more tomorrow and do the skimmer box in the middle of the right hand side.

Can't wait. I saw it was going to be 35-37 deg early next week but thankfully the forecast has been revised to around 31-32. I hope to be swimming by mid-late November.

There is the Prince Alfred Pool near Central, Victoria Park near the Uni/Glebe. The new Ian Thorpe one is near the Powerhouse in Ultimo.
I just missed out winning the contract on a big one (actually 6 pools) near here (Ruth Everess Aquatic Centre).... came 3rd out of 11 entrants.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:32 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

When is it due?  Is it her first?

Due mid February, and yes it is her first.

Choosing a name is proving difficult, any ideas?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:35 pm

Union Cane wrote:

Due mid February, and yes it is her first.

Choosing a name is proving difficult, any ideas?

Pressure is on you then.  You've been there and done it.  She'll be leaning on you for lots of support.  No more swanning off for 4 hours playing golf.

I think Jeff if it's a boy and rowley if it's a girl.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next