The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brit In World Title Challenge This Weekend.

+14
owen10ozzy
rob-glos
3fingers
kingraf
Hammersmith harrier
mobilemaster8
TRUSSMAN66
rIck_dAgless
neilodonnell
milkyboy
alanqlm
hazharrison
Strongback
Soldier_Of_Fortune
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Brit In World Title Challenge This Weekend. Empty Brit In World Title Challenge This Weekend.

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 23 Oct - 12:08

Doesn't seem to be much talk but Stuart Hall could actually become two time World Champ this weekend if he can beat Randy Caballero in Monte Carlo.

Not seen much of Caballero but how often does Golden Boy loose purse bids for there fighters? Not sure if they have much confidence in him or whether they think he can deliver the goods with miniminal effort on there part.

Hope Stuey does it! thumbsup

Anyone seen much of Caballero?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Brit In World Title Challenge This Weekend. Empty Re: Brit In World Title Challenge This Weekend.

Post by Strongback Thu 23 Oct - 13:51

Little or no hype for this and its on terrestrial telly!

I'll tune in for the main event. A big ask for Hall seems to be the word on the street.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Brit In World Title Challenge This Weekend. Empty Re: Brit In World Title Challenge This Weekend.

Post by Guest Thu 23 Oct - 14:06

Eddie Hearn would promoted this fight sooooooooooo much better

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 23 Oct - 14:20

Hahaha

It is a shame and this fight is not being spoke about much. Might have to do a little digging to see what Caballero is all about and I will provide some insight.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 23 Oct - 15:05

Caballero's a decent looking fighter. Comes forward, throws short hooks and uppercuts, handy with his left hook. Hall can be outboxed but I haven't seen him outfought.

Both like to come forward. Caballero might just benefit from having shorter arms in a punch-out. He'll land first as a result.

Hall comes on late and so I can imagine a distance fight with a controversial result. Hall looks good value at 5-1.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 23 Oct - 15:13

Hall has got a decent chin and fought most of the Malinga fight with a bad eye which proves his heart aswell because he wasn't having things all his own way against Malinga.

5/1 is not bad odds for Hall, might have to throw a cheeky £5 for interest.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 23 Oct - 15:16

McDonnell had to outbox him. Haskins is tricky as hell and Butler was far too nippy until he slowed late.

This is a different kettle of fish. Caballero comes to fight.

I still edge towards Caballero but have a feeling Hall might get the nod if it goes to the cards (Hobson obviously has some pull with the IBF).

Nice fight for C5 to pick up.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Fri 24 Oct - 10:32

Anybody know if 5 will also be showing the Martin Murray fight seeing as they are on the same card?

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 24 Oct - 11:39

Could be a cracking little fight. I'll be rooting for the darlo boy to upset the odds.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by neilodonnell Fri 24 Oct - 14:20

7/2 is the best you'll get on Hall.

neilodonnell

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 24 Oct - 14:24

Watched him win the first one in Leeds First Direct arena, hope he does well...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Oct - 20:52

Hope Hall loses.........He was a joke champion in the first place who lost to a Brit who isn't even big enough for that weight..

Certainly not a guy one wants to be calling a two time World champ..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 25 Oct - 19:08

A bit like Jamie McDonnel and Scott Quigg. Complete joke

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 25 Oct - 19:09

McDonnell was deserving of his world title, he did beat a highly rated power puncher in Ceja.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 25 Oct - 19:16

Disagree hammer, but that's just me sorry.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 25 Oct - 19:20

You would though because they're all useless bums according to you.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 25 Oct - 19:27

When did I say that hammer mate? I've not once mentioned in this thread about his opponents. I just don't agree with your opinion that's all.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct - 20:45

Sh.it, this Alvarez guy just took Liebenberg to the cleaners. Liebenberg is better than decent (he beat Grachev quite decisively a few months ago) who is he?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 25 Oct - 20:58

Lest there was any doubt... Looks like a phone booth fight, after round one.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct - 20:59

Hall knocked down.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct - 20:59

Seems a flash Kd.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct - 21:01

Rd 1 10-9 Caba
Rd 2 - 10-8 Caba
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat 25 Oct - 21:03

only caught the last round of McDonnell vs Malinga they looked very evenly matched from the little i saw

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct - 21:05

Hall's round easily
29-27 Caba
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 25 Oct - 21:06

Had the first even, 29-28 for me

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct - 21:10

Hall's I think
38-37 Caba.

No complaints if you have it even, mate. Was pretty close.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 25 Oct - 21:12

Tough round to score, caba looks slick on the back foot but didn't do much... And jnteresting it's him who's changed tactics

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct - 21:14

Ooh, low blow...

Close round but I think Caba had the cleaner work
48-46.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct - 21:16

Jeezus this is tough to score. I do wonder sometimes how different boxing is to gymnastics when picking a winner
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Sat 25 Oct - 21:18

Meanwhile on Boxnation....

Tom Stalker just got stopped in the 8th after being down a few times. 
No idea where he goes from there.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct - 21:18

Hall bossed that one I think
57-56 for me.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct - 21:19

Golovkin is so beautiful. What a class act
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 25 Oct - 21:19

I'm finding this really hard to score. Caba looks slicker has faster hands, hall forcing the face .

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct - 21:22

Hall is doing all the work. Not all of it is effective, but slightly iffy work is better than no work... Caba is just dancing, not firing enough back...
10-9 Hall
66-66
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 25 Oct - 21:22

Halls best round. Good fight.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat 25 Oct - 21:24

Can't catch this fight. No TV here. Anyway when I was  12 or 13...maybe 14? it was a long time ago, we were weighing in, and Hall told me he'd me he'd tried to slit his wrists. He showed me a feint scratch. I didn't know what to think. To this day I don't know if he was winding me up. He had a mushroom curtain basin haircut.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 25 Oct - 21:25

Very tricky fight to score, not exactly a great fight to watch.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct - 21:26

I think Caba did enough there, controlled the direction of that round, and did some okay work
76-75 Caba
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 25 Oct - 21:27

True raf... Not a bad maxim, that if you can't split them on anything else, give it to the guy forcing the pace. Caba came forward in the 8th but landed nothing for me. I've given up scoring!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct - 21:31

Decent finish - flurry Steals the round for Hall. I think so anyway
85-85.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Oct - 21:33

None of these two are world class.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct - 21:34

Caba is beginning to chew some leather.
95-94 Hall.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 25 Oct - 21:36

Interesting to see woodhall's card. Had hall a round up, 2 rounds later he has caba 2 rounds up!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat 25 Oct - 21:37

I'm pretty certain my mate Anth Wright (god bless his soul) beat Hall when we were kids. I was VERY surprised when he got a title shot. It seemed to come out the blue.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct - 21:38

Probably equal on attack that round... but Caba's slicker defense catches my eye.
104-104
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 25 Oct - 21:40

Impressed you're still scoring it raf! Truss is right about the lack of class, but can't fault the effort.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 25 Oct - 21:42

Got it 115-112 to Caballero, slicker cleaner work but I hope i'm wrong.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct - 21:42

Caba landed the cleaner shots... The prettier shots, the nicer looking defense... I'm giving him
10-9
So 114-113 Caba
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct - 21:44

Cheers Milky - Was a labour. Stuart could win it 118-109 and I wouldn't complain. So many rounds could have gone either way, it wouldn't be unfair to give one every round...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 25 Oct - 21:47

Was never a 118-110 fight but can't grumble with the result.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next