The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Rafa more impressive than baby Fed

+4
laverfan
Born Slippy
biugo
DirectView2
8 posters

Go down

Baby Rafa more impressive than baby Fed Empty Baby Rafa more impressive than baby Fed

Post by DirectView2 Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:04 am

Coric aka Baby Rafa @ 17 is more impressive and effective than Baby Fed aka Dimitrov in 17 as well as 23.

Very impressive performance from the youngster to take down one of his idols, a win was expected by many but in such convincing pattern? certainly not.Like how Fed build up is momentum and CV after winning a great match against one of his idols on his surface I hope baby Rafa takes the mantle from his idol.

On the question whom will you support after your fav player retire , I guess I will support baby Rafa after Rafa retires.

DirectView2

Back to top Go down

Baby Rafa more impressive than baby Fed Empty Re: Baby Rafa more impressive than baby Fed

Post by biugo Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:40 am

I like the Coric kid, I've not seen much of him but his name got stuck in my mind somehow - even when looking at the Basel draw I thought: Coric to bring down Nadal, and if not, then I expected Goffin would (I should have placed some bets!). Two growing players I'll like to see more of.

How is Coric's game? If it's a baby Nadal style, which Nadal are we talking about? from 2006 or from 2011?

I really like this season. It finally shows up a "new" generation building up, with not so new players progressing to the top spots (Dimi, Nishi, Marin, Goffin...) and younger ones showing good prospects (Kyrgios, Coric, Zverev, Thiem, Kozlov?..). The times, they're a changin' and it feels good Smile

biugo

Back to top Go down

Baby Rafa more impressive than baby Fed Empty Re: Baby Rafa more impressive than baby Fed

Post by Born Slippy Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:49 am

I don't see Coric as a baby Rafa. Maybe a baby Djokovic or Murray. Nice player though.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:10 pm

I would have been even more impressed if Coric had served out the set at 5-0. You need to also consider Nadal's physical ailments and travails in the last two weeks with Appendicitis, etc. No excuses though.

Coric has played impressively in the previous matches with Gulbis, Golubev. His USO2014 was also impressive.

I echo blugo's sentiments and see the infusion of new blood into ATP a must for its growth. Goffin may be too high a mountain to climb of young Coric, but very impressive so far. I hope he plays Paris too.

Happy to add Kuznestov, Sock, Lajovic to the list of youngsters.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:38 pm

More baby Djokovic in technique, but hes got the fistpumps, god awful colour schemes, and that touch of desperation in him which reminds one of Rafa. So

Technically - Djokovic
mannerisms - Nadal

Gonna be a long time till we get a technical re imagining of Rafa who can actually play. Ridiculously difficult game to recreate
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:11 pm

They were saying that Garin was the new baby rafa.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:49 pm

I think it will be another five years before we can tell how his careers going to pan out.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:52 pm

I will reserve judgement. A heartwarming win for him but lets not kid ourselves here - this was the shell of Nadal he beat here. A Nadal fully fit and motivated and the result would have been different of that I am certain.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down