The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Hell in a Cell gripe (spoiler)

4 posters

Go down

My Hell in a Cell gripe (spoiler) Empty My Hell in a Cell gripe (spoiler)

Post by DrDeath Mon 27 Oct 2014, 2:08 pm

Can we all please bear in mind that John Cena LOST a match with Dean Ambrose to ultimtely earn his title match.

How does that make sense?!?!?!

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

My Hell in a Cell gripe (spoiler) Empty Re: My Hell in a Cell gripe (spoiler)

Post by Samo Mon 27 Oct 2014, 5:40 pm

I wouldnt have minded if they made a mini tournament for the second match. Cena vs Someone and Orton vs Someone, the two winners go to the HiaC No1 contender match, and it would have felt alot more organic and unforced.

I dont mind their match being a no1 contender match, but the way they went about it stinks.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 27 Oct 2014, 11:28 pm

Got to disagree with you here DrDeath...

- Cena/Orton was given No. 1 Contendership because otherwise no one would have given a flying Frak about it
- Despite being previously labelled as a double main event Ambrose/Rollins was clearly marketed as the real main event
- All three participants in the main event came out looking better than they went in... Ambrose kicked Rollins ass; Rollins gained a slimy heel win; Wyatt is suddenly relevant and the bit with the light and smoke was awesome
- Ambrose has a chance to build another great and popular feud and maybe lose a few of the "comedy" bits that had started to creep in to his act
- Rollins can go on and now have needle on Orton, potentially leading to an Authority split, Orton face and Rollins backed by HHH/Steph
- Cena has something to do that doesn't involve the best story lines and keeps Brock relevant so he doesn't have to be on screen
- The No.1 Contendership could never have gone to anyone other than Cena... he is the only one that could feud with Brock and not get squashed flat. So what it there are some small logic holes in it? Doesn't it add to the storyline that Ambrose would do anything to get Rollins that he would prefer to get that match than a chance for the Championship?

Plus the WWE has in effect gone down the route of an interim champion (a la UFC) and that guy is Seth and he is a) the biggest heel b) fighting the biggest baby face c) in the main event

Feels like the rest is immaterial...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 28 Oct 2014, 12:18 am

The point is that they presented it stupidly. Sure, we all know its better to get him into that slot, but you have to imagine it as someone who just sees it for what the screen shows. Cena and Orton are losers who get a shot at the title.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down