Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NZ vs Pak

Post by KP_fan on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 7:52 am

First topic message reminder :

Not many are giving a chance to NZ after what Pak did to Aus
But NZ cannot do worse than Aus

And Pak has won the toss and batting first again....unchanged side

Nz has gone in with 2 seamers, 2 spinners and 2 allrounders...both of whom are attacking batsmen
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Re: NZ vs Pak

Post by alfie on Sun 30 Nov 2014, 12:36 pm

Watched some of this...indeed a remarkable performance by NZ to destroy Pakistan in their own conditions , despite the hosts having the distinct advantage of batting first. After the way Pakistan cleaned up Australia , and NZ in the first match , this was a huge turnaround .
McCullum naturally will get much credit for his astonishing batting effort ; but in truth the whole team should be applauded for the character they have shown here.

Well done NZ clap Kiwi

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:19 pm

Like I've said before, I genuinely do believe NZ are a better team than us at the moment

Fantastic win for them
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan on Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:39 pm

NZ has good 3 or 4 batters and about 3 good bowlers.....and when some of them click and some other average players support.....they do very well

This win of NZ AFTER LOSING THE TOSS in Pak's backyard...and given what Pak had done to Aus....is HUGE clap clap clap
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan on Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:50 pm

I am sorry Misbah.......that's just an excuse...and a sad one

Misbah-ul-Haq has said it was difficult for Pakistan's batsmen to focus on the game after the resumption of the Sharjah Test, a day after the news of Phillip Hughes' death arrived. Pakistan were 283 for 3 on the first day but lost seven wickets for 66 runs on the third morning, after which Brendon McCullum and Kane Williamson smashed big centuries to lay the foundation for a New Zealand innings win.

"We started the first day well, but after what happened on the second it was really difficult to concentrate," Misbah said. "It was very difficult for the batsmen to carry on when we came out on the third day. It created difficulties for us.
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:50 pm

That is most remarkable. Good win for NZ. Pakistan, well, they've had a good summer, bad ending, but everything in perspective, they'll be happy, given the fact they had no spinner six weeks ago.
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:52 pm

I don't think that's an excuse at all, tbh. Would be almost impossible for them not have it in their minds, especially since Shehzad had a bad hit the test before. Would border on inhuman to think none of their batters had it on the back, and probably forefront of their minds
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan on Sun 30 Nov 2014, 3:04 pm

kingraf wrote:I don't think that's an excuse at all, tbh. Would be almost impossible for them not have it in their minds, especially since Shehzad had a bad hit the test before. Would border on inhuman to think none of their batters had it on the back, and probably forefront of their minds

it spurred NZ to greater heights...probably
if it's on mind it could effect thru positive performance
else do no talk about it..... as a reason ( excuse ) for bad show
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Sun 30 Nov 2014, 3:32 pm

Not how it works. Two people can't take the same situation the same way. If you really think it's impossible for players to be off-colour about batting having just heard of a player who died, and having had a teammate concussed the test before, then I'm not going to try convince you otherwise.
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by freemo on Sun 30 Nov 2014, 3:41 pm

well done NZ, fully deserved their win in this test!

freemo

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR on Mon 01 Dec 2014, 11:54 am

Excellent from NZ and McCullum in particular. Shame hardly anyone would have been there to see his innings - I really worry that Test cricket will be all but defunct in the next 10 years.

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey on Mon 01 Dec 2014, 11:07 pm

An amazing NZ innings in so many ways but here's one for the anoraks: when was the last time seven different players hit a six in the same Test Innings (as happened in NZ's Innings)? Extraordinary!

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket on Mon 15 Dec 2014, 12:20 pm

Interesting to see how many shifts in momentum there have been in Pak v NZ in the three formats of the game during current tour.  (Unusually for me) I'm interested in what happens in the last two ODIs

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by freemo on Mon 15 Dec 2014, 4:15 pm

Ajmal Shehzad in fantastic form in all formats of the game....also stunned to see Afridi actually score some runs!!

freemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket on Wed 17 Dec 2014, 6:25 pm

Building up into a cracking finale. After slow start Pakistan having a good go at reaching total of 300. Afridi just out so getting very tense, with 62 to win off 41 balls 4 wickets left.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Wed 17 Dec 2014, 9:07 pm

Love how Williamson has switched to bowling with short sleeves now that his action has been cleared.
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Fri 19 Dec 2014, 4:27 pm

I'd like to see Milne playing the extended format. Proper gas to burn
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Fri 19 Dec 2014, 9:40 pm

Great series win for the Kiwis.

I have a feeling they will cause Australia grief again in Auckland just like they did in their WC match there in 1992.

Pal Joey
TLD
TLD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum