The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moet & Chandon sponsor Federer as well as ATP awards; put out adverts showing how to vote that could disproportionately attract the attention of Federer fans

+6
temporary21
laverfan
hawkeye
Jahu
JuliusHMarx
It Must Be Love
10 posters

Go down

Moet & Chandon sponsor Federer as well as ATP awards; put out adverts showing how to vote that could disproportionately attract the attention of Federer fans   Empty Moet & Chandon sponsor Federer as well as ATP awards; put out adverts showing how to vote that could disproportionately attract the attention of Federer fans

Post by It Must Be Love Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:42 pm

Some facts:
-Moet & Chandon sponsor ATP awards and Federer, which is well publicised
-Moet & Chandon put out adverts in the Daily Telegraph with a big picture of Federer, and a talk of Federer's achievements
-The advert also detailed how to vote in the ATP fan poll

Opinion (what I see as 'fair comment'):
-This picture of Federer is likely to disproportionately attract the attention of Federer fans
-This means that a disproportionately higher percentage of Federer fans would know about the fan poll
-This could therefore skew the results of the poll, if used in comparison with an average cross section of tennis fans
-Federer also plugged this award on Facebook, which no other top player did. Federer has less fans than Nadal on twitter and facbeook, but his nearly 15 million Facebook fans could see the link to the poll where you can vote; while Nadal's greater number of Facebook fans didn't see it on his wall (as he did not plug it on Facebook). The post on Federer's wall also had a reference to Moet & Chandon, the sponsor. I think people who are fans of Federer on Facebook are more likely to vote for Federer on the ATP poll.
-Therefore once again disproportionately fans of Federer fans would vote, and the results are skewed compared to normal tennis fans.

For further information on defamation laws go on Julius's thread, or click this link: http://www.medialawjournal.co.nz/?page_id=273

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Moet & Chandon sponsor Federer as well as ATP awards; put out adverts showing how to vote that could disproportionately attract the attention of Federer fans   Empty Re: Moet & Chandon sponsor Federer as well as ATP awards; put out adverts showing how to vote that could disproportionately attract the attention of Federer fans

Post by It Must Be Love Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:47 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:I am starting to think your sponsored by Moët!
I'm not, such claims are potentially libellous and I will be contacting the pol.... just kidding Wink

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Moet & Chandon sponsor Federer as well as ATP awards; put out adverts showing how to vote that could disproportionately attract the attention of Federer fans   Empty Re: Moet & Chandon sponsor Federer as well as ATP awards; put out adverts showing how to vote that could disproportionately attract the attention of Federer fans

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:50 pm

I believe IMBL and I agreed that some people do take these awards far too seriously (or that it's wrong to take them to seriously - can't remember), so if anyone out there is one of them, it's time to move on to another thread please!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:52 pm

Sponsored by Bollinger or Krug!!!

Someone stop this Moët punishment to the forum!!
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:54 pm

Federer received the fan favorite award and an award for Sportsmanship named after his coach Stefan Edberg after his first match at the WTF. It was quite fitting that the sponsor of both these awards celebrated his win by presenting their ambassador with a bottle of their very own bubbly Bubbly

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:55 pm

@IMBL.. why is this thread being repeated? Is there a need for it?

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:00 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I believe IMBL and I agreed that some people do take these awards far too seriously (or that it's wrong to take them to seriously - can't remember), so if anyone out there is one of them, it's time to move on to another thread please!

I see these awards as a bit of fun. They are obviously not to be taken seriously.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:04 pm

hawkeye wrote:
I see these awards as a bit of fun. They are obviously not to be taken seriously.
Clearly so, especially as the adverts mean the results could potentially be skewed. The debate on this has also been pretty amusing.

There was once a vote on a Nadal fan website on who is the greatest Spanish icon, and he came above the royalty.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:06 pm

Anyway quite frankly I think there has been enough debate on this issue. I think it's fair to leave an account of what I think, and that's what I did here, if people want to counter they are free to do so; but I have said my piece and it's time to move on.

Last edited by It Must Be Love on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:07 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:
hawkeye wrote:
Clearly so, especially as the adverts mean the results could potentially be skewed. The debate on this has also been pretty amusing.

There was once a vote on a Nadal fan website on who is the greatest Spanish icon, and he came above the royalty.

I am surprised that the FIFA World Cup winning team did not make it.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:22 pm

laverfan wrote:@IMBL.. why is this thread being repeated? Is there a need for it?

Clearly IMBL feels there is a compelling need for it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:26 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
laverfan wrote:@IMBL.. why is this thread being repeated? Is there a need for it?

Clearly IMBL feels there is a compelling need for it.

Then why this contradiction... chin

... but I have said my piece and it's time to move on.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:34 pm

The old thread on this topic was one of the most popular recent articles on 606v2 but it had to be removed because of defamation rules. This thread is defamation free and on a popular subject.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:37 pm

HE, are you female too? So we have 3 ladies here?
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:56 pm

4 ladies my son. In any case thus us defamation free and reliable evidence has been given of the link before. It's also the third version and its still getting quite a few comments soo it's worth keeping up

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:55 am

T2... I am worried that all that was meant to be said (and cannot be repeated here anyway), will get regurgitated in alternative forms and will not add much value to the forum in general. The commentary so far has not added much to the original debate, but has just been he-said-she-said.

Having said that, I have no further interest in this specific thread or threads of such ilk.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:29 am

It Must Be Love wrote:
hawkeye wrote:

He is the royalty Wink

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:02 am

Temp, who is the fourth lady?
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:57 am

The fans award is voted for by the type of people who start articles like this so it obviously has no value.

The players award is voted for by people who actually know the participants and who have personal experience of them, so does.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:08 am

That sounds inherently wrong though BB. Tennis is hardly like football where you see your teammates everyday of your life for nine months of the year. I'd be surprised if too many players outside the top 30-40 see Federer more than a handful of times a year. Hard to believe a lot of voters don't just go by what they've heard and read. It's no shocker that guys ranked >50 aren't even nominated... Their good deeds literally go unnoticed. Is that Federer's fault? No, and I'm sure he's a fantastic individual, the greatest after Mandela in fact, but it's hard to believe any great proportion of his votes came from players who know him well enough to give him this award*...

*Unless voting is limited to top 50-100, which retards the concept.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:20 am

bogbrush wrote:

The players award is voted for by people who actually know the participants and who have personal experience of them, so does.

As a player given the choice who would you say was most deserving of a sportsmanship award? Federer or Cilic? It's quite cute that the award is named after Federer's coach. Isn't it a small world Bubbly

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:22 am

All I know is, Djoko ain't getting anything, poor daddy, all that acting effort for nothing Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:24 am

laverfan wrote:T2... I am worried that all that was meant to be said (and cannot be repeated here anyway), will get regurgitated in alternative forms and will not add much value to the forum in general. The commentary so far has not added much to the original debate, but has just been he-said-she-said.

Having said that, I have no further interest in this specific thread or threads of such ilk.

Some of us on 606v2 like to discuss such boring topics it must be frustrating for the more high brow tennis fans. Did you like the you tube I found of Laver and Connors playing an exhibition back in the day?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:29 am

Jahu wrote:All I know is, Djoko ain't getting anything, poor daddy, all that acting effort for nothing Laugh

Novak was working the teenage section of the audience last night. He was chatting to a member of 1D last night after his match. I have it on good authority that it went down well Smile Although I believe it was interpreted as Djokovic smooching up to a big celebrity for attention rather than the other way round.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:39 am

Oh I asked the question here last night, who is the boy Djoko was harassing in the alley.

Nobody knew it, so thx.

Yes, Djoko is the supreme attention (trying at least) grabber.

Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:46 pm

Year end no 1 is the one that really counts. I really hope Moet sponsors Rafa in the future, just as it will be good for a laugh on here.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:08 am

Henman Bill wrote:Year end no 1 is the one that really counts. I really hope Moet sponsors Rafa in the future, just as it will be good for a laugh on here.

In truth it's much easier to obtain year end number one if your biggest rival is injured for half the year. I don't think Rafa needs a bottle of Bubbly as proof of his popularity because he isn't exactly in need of a prop. However I did notice when Nole was handed a bottle of Rogers Moet & Chandon he looked at it with a little flicker of envy.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down