News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Adam D on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 4:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Jim Ross has been signed for GWFs first show - New Japans Wrestle Kingdom 9 on Jan 4th.

That is all

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 45
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down


Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 12:12 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Ive heard similar of recent efforts, it was a couple years back I think that WWE turned sour on them after the homophobic stuff, but its been a while of "good behaviour." ROH offered more money I think, or at least comparable money with less disruption. Personally, think the long term gain is a silly thing to turn down, and I really dont feel like they will a great deal more to achieve in ROH, but each to their own

It's not just the financial indy vs WWE debate they've got to have though, they are also business men (as hard as that is to believe) with families, to pack up everything and more to Orlando might be something they can't be bothered with, especially as I'd be shocked if any tag team has hit the real $$$ positions, at least in the past 15 or so years

Dr Gregory House MD

Posts : 3502
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 27
Location : Dundee

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 12:13 am

Prometheus wrote:I very much had the impression that was WWE covering themselves, as there was strong talk of them going to WWE and to my understanding those tweets are old.  The story sounds much more that WWE were only offering developmental money to proven draws.  And I think wrestlers can look at AJ Styles for example and ask, is WWE really the right move?  And I wonder also if the way Rey was treated in getting out of his contract is something that independent guys weigh up.

I think the other interesting WWE story is Dana Brooks.  I've not seen NXT yet, but I see a lot of people nonplussed by her debut.  And this is a potential NXT problem for me,  they have the bar so high with Zayn, Neville, Owens, Balor, Itami, et al, is there really genuinely that much developmental room?  In WWE's developmental program, they've set an expectation that wrestlers debut pretty much as the full article.

I wouldn't say thats true. You get to the main event pretty quick if you're ready, but otherwise they've got some promising guys in there that they train themselves. Thats especially true in the women's scene; none of their current flock started off perfect and even Paige got worked on.


Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 20720
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 29
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 12:15 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Ive heard similar of recent efforts, it was a couple years back I think that WWE turned sour on them after the homophobic stuff, but its been a while of "good behaviour." ROH offered more money I think, or at least comparable money with less disruption. Personally, think the long term gain is a silly thing to turn down, and I really dont feel like they will a great deal more to achieve in ROH, but each to their own

It's not just the financial indy vs WWE debate they've got to have though, they are also business men (as hard as that is to believe) with families, to pack up everything and more to Orlando might be something they can't be bothered with, especially as I'd be shocked if any tag team has hit the real $$$ positions, at least in the past 15 or so years  

Indeed, thats why I meant comparable money with less disruption.

I still think you can't push yourself to be the best in America, the best you can be anyway, if you don't try WWE. And if they're good enough, they'll draw.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 20720
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 29
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 12:26 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I wouldn't say thats true. You get to the main event pretty quick if you're ready, but otherwise they've got some promising guys in there that they train themselves. Thats especially true in the women's scene; none of their current flock started off perfect and even Paige got worked on.

I don't follow sorry?

The point I was making that, realistically (especially as a tag team) I don't know if the Briscoes see themselves achieving in the kind of spots where they make not just good money, but the kind of money that sets them up long term and makes it worth while to shut down their outside of wrestling practices, get their kids out of school and with the rest of their family move half way across america on the promise of a shot a big money, that lets face it their unlikely to achieve (if I know it they must know it), even if they make better money than they are in the indys is it worth it to disrupt the way of life they are clearly happy with?

Personally though I'm kinda bummed that they didn't go I agree they've gone as far as they can in ROH and could have given the E's tag division a real shot in the arm (which it is in need of for about the 18th time this decade)

Dr Gregory House MD

Posts : 3502
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 27
Location : Dundee

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 12:43 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I wouldn't say thats true. You get to the main event pretty quick if you're ready, but otherwise they've got some promising guys in there that they train themselves. Thats especially true in the women's scene; none of their current flock started off perfect and even Paige got worked on.

I don't follow sorry?

The point I was making that, realistically (especially as a tag team) I don't know if the Briscoes see themselves achieving in the kind of spots where they make not just good money, but the kind of money that sets them up long term and makes it worth while to shut down their outside of wrestling practices, get their kids out of school and with the rest of their family move half way across america on the promise of a shot a big money, that lets face it their unlikely to achieve (if I know it they must know it), even if they make better money than they are in the indys is it worth it to disrupt the way of life they are clearly happy with?

Personally though I'm kinda bummed that they didn't go I agree they've gone as far as they can in ROH and could have given the E's tag division a real shot in the arm (which it is in need of for about the 18th time this decade)

That one was my bad, you replied just as I was replying to Promotheus, thus ive gone back n quoted him

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 20720
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 29
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Prometheus on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 12:43 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Prometheus wrote:I very much had the impression that was WWE covering themselves, as there was strong talk of them going to WWE and to my understanding those tweets are old.  The story sounds much more that WWE were only offering developmental money to proven draws.  And I think wrestlers can look at AJ Styles for example and ask, is WWE really the right move?  And I wonder also if the way Rey was treated in getting out of his contract is something that independent guys weigh up.

I think the other interesting WWE story is Dana Brooks.  I've not seen NXT yet, but I see a lot of people nonplussed by her debut.  And this is a potential NXT problem for me,  they have the bar so high with Zayn, Neville, Owens, Balor, Itami, et al, is there really genuinely that much developmental room?  In WWE's developmental program, they've set an expectation that wrestlers debut pretty much as the full article.

I wouldn't say thats true. You get to the main event pretty quick if you're ready, but otherwise they've got some promising guys in there that they train themselves. Thats especially true in the women's scene; none of their current flock started off perfect and even Paige got worked on.

Who are the promising guys they've developed themselves? I guess there is Tyler Breeze and I admit to having a soft spot for Enzo and Cass, but they really aren't worth much in the ring. After that, it seems to me we are in the Baron Corbins and Rawleys.

I've not said that NXT can't develop talent. But it has made a decision to do this in a full spotlight. So, I think, even a year ago, a developmental talent could come to NXT get experience in the ring and progress. NXT has completely changed its agenda now. And it really has to work out, is this WWE developmental or WWE Indy. Because they hype up someone like Brooks and the viewers are expecting someone who can already work at the level of Charlotte or Sasha Banks, they are not expecting someone who's only worked a handful of matches.
avatar
Prometheus

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Crimey on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 1:24 pm

I think you're totally right Prometheus, the way NXT is booked means that soon you'll have to have a developmental for the developmental.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16397
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 24
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Hero on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 1:44 pm

What I think WWE should do going forward is have a developmental centre in each major region. WWE Canada, WWE UK, WWE Japan, WWE Mexico etc where they there feed through to NXT.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Posts : 27499
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 42
Location : Work toilet

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Crimey on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 1:48 pm

Hero wrote:What I think WWE should do going forward is have a developmental centre in each major region. WWE Canada, WWE UK, WWE Japan, WWE Mexico etc where they there feed through to NXT.

I am surprised WWE haven't bought up more wrestling schools, or at least sponsored the ones run by ex-WWE people like the Lance Storm and Shawn Michaels ones. 

I just think this idea is probably a bit too expensive though, we tend to think of WWE has this huge juggernaut who can spend what they want, but I don't think that's the case any more. In recent years they seem to be a lot more careful with their money.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16397
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 24
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Prometheus on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 2:03 pm

I know this isn't news. But the 15 April Lucha Underground show is one of the best hours of wrestling I've seen.
avatar
Prometheus

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Kay Fabe on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 8:51 am

Hero wrote:What I think WWE should do going forward is have a developmental centre in each major region. WWE Canada, WWE UK, WWE Japan, WWE Mexico etc where they there feed through to NXT.
I've been  saying that for about 7 years now, the WWE could create their own individual territories with its own unique feel to it

Kay Fabe

Posts : 9682
Join date : 2011-03-16
Age : 36
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Adam D on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 9:18 am

You have to love Meltzer. And by love, I mean absolutely despise.

He first of all reports that Bryan is pulled from the WWE tour due to concussion, according to a "source".

Now he is saying that other sources are telling him that its not concussion but he doesnt know what it is. So it is concussion, then it isnt and it could be anything.

Brilliant journalism.

Well here is a scoop for you Dave.

Meltzer is a complete and utter kumquat says a source from within v2. That source has been identified as me.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 45
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Samo on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 9:20 am

Dont mince your words Adam, say what you really mean.

Samo

Posts : 4131
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Crimey on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 9:25 am

Adam D wrote:You have to love Meltzer. And by love, I mean absolutely despise.

He first of all reports that Bryan is pulled from the WWE tour due to concussion, according to a "source".

Now he is saying that other sources are telling him that its not concussion but he doesnt know what it is. So it is concussion, then it isnt and it could be anything.

Brilliant journalism.

Well here is a scoop for you Dave.

Meltzer is a complete and utter kumquat says a source from within v2. That source has been identified as me.

His source could be wrong? 

I know he doesn't like TNA, but Meltzer does have a pretty solid reputation as a wrestling journalist. No journalist is always correct in any field.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16397
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 24
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Adam D on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 9:32 am

I am sure that he used to be really good. But most of his stuff now is wrong and just unspecific garbage. 

But like so many people within the industry, they are living off a reputation that they made years ago.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 45
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by bretmeharty on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 9:41 am

Adam D wrote:I am sure that he used to be really good. But most of his stuff now is wrong and just unspecific garbage. 

But like so many people within the industry, they are living off a reputation that they made years ago.

I agree, Back when he was actually a journalist he was a good source for information but now he and the company work together to make headlines.

bretmeharty

Posts : 1654
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Prometheus on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 11:20 am

I think what I most like about Melzer is when other wrestling "news" sites write up what he says as some kind of report. Umm, you just listened to what the guy said, then wrote down his words. Sometimes adding a Jerry Springer type end note.
avatar
Prometheus

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Kay Fabe on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 12:25 pm

Meltzer was the main man in the 90s and then when the IWC really kicked into gear around the first half of the first decade of the Millennium but as the Internet grew at an incredible rate and more and more people use Internet message boards the need for more material on an immediate basis has made him just another "blogger clogger"...ever since about 2008 he was spouting absolutely anything and everything,  using whoever it is at the time then giving loads of possibilities/potential explanations, he was hedging his bets big time, the more he did it the less impressive he became, Meltzer like many think they're the story now and not who they report on, he was a major reason why I stopped reading the dirts back in 2010 although every now n again I'll have a dabble.

When he had time to get stories and verify them from his sources for his magazine he was one of if not the best, since the Internet exploded he's just another forum crawler who gauges opinion of fans before using it mould the angle of his conclusions

Kay Fabe

Posts : 9682
Join date : 2011-03-16
Age : 36
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Hero on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 1:19 pm

It has become this Meltzer's word is gospel with dirtsheets now. If he says it happened then it must be true yet quite often he's forced into a backtrack a few days later (CM Punk returning as prime example).

Hero
Founder
Founder

Posts : 27499
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 42
Location : Work toilet

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Fernando on Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:44 am

WWE are having a King Of The Ring Tournament live on Raw tonight with the Semi's/Final taking place Tuesday live on the WWE Network...

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 35977
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Prometheus on Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:48 pm

Fernando wrote:WWE are having a King Of The Ring Tournament live on Raw tonight with the Semi's/Final taking place Tuesday live on the WWE Network...

This is a great idea and great use of the Network. But it feels like something Vince came up with over his Sunday dinner as its the kind of thing that IMO would have benefited from a couple of weeks of promotion and build up. Is this going to be for the IC?
avatar
Prometheus

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Fernando on Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:54 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Fernando wrote:WWE are having a King Of The Ring Tournament live on Raw tonight with the Semi's/Final taking place Tuesday live on the WWE Network...

This is a great idea and great use of the Network.  But it feels like something Vince came up with over his Sunday dinner as its the kind of thing that IMO would have benefited from a couple of weeks of promotion and build up.  Is this going to be for the IC?

It something he came up with over dinner....It's been planned for a whole week Laugh (since they saw my WWA show)

#CheapPlug

No idea what it's for though angel

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 35977
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Samo on Mon 27 Apr 2015, 6:15 pm

This is more like trivia than news, but with New Day winning the titles last night, Xavier Woods is the first man in wrestling history to hold both the WWE tag titles and the TNA tag titles without actually winning them. This is assuming New Day can defend under freebird rule.

Samo

Posts : 4131
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Fernando on Mon 27 Apr 2015, 9:33 pm


Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 35977
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Adam D on Tue 28 Apr 2015, 11:58 am

Apparently, the first confirmed staff member for Global Force Wrestling is.....



Eric Bischoff


Oh well, it was fun whilst it lasted.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 45
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Prometheus on Tue 28 Apr 2015, 12:16 pm

Adam D wrote:Apparently, the first confirmed staff member for Global Force Wrestling is.....



Eric Bischoff


Oh well, it was fun whilst it lasted.

I'm not giving up on it yet. If Bischoff is just used as an announcer type role and the boundaries around that are tight, then he might not ruin the product, but its not the kind of announcement that gets me excited.

I still don't know what to make of the whole GFW thing at all. On the one hand, if I look at all the promotions that they are working with then this could be really exciting, and could be a great platform for both established and (at least to me) new talent. A bit like Lucha Underground. On the other hand, I also think there's a chance the whole thing could be a lot of smoke. I hope its the former.
avatar
Prometheus

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Hero on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 7:17 am

After one half of the Wolves broke his ankle and they had to relinquish the tag titles in TNA... Jeff Hardy has broke his leg on a dirt bike.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Posts : 27499
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 42
Location : Work toilet

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Adam D on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 7:18 am

Just about to post about it too - here is the video

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 45
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by talkingpoint on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:28 am

why don't Matt Hardy and Davey Richards form a new tag team, splicing the Hardys and the Wolves together? That or Matt defends the tag titles in a handicap match against the Revolution loses and then TNA forget about the tag titles until both Eddie Edwards and Jeff Hardy have recovered.

talkingpoint

Posts : 1605
Join date : 2011-02-20
Location : Essex Made Punk

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Adam D on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:33 am

talkingpoint wrote:why don't Matt Hardy and Davey Richards form a new tag team, splicing the Hardys and the Wolves together? That or Matt defends the tag titles in a handicap match against the Revolution loses and then TNA forget about the tag titles until both Eddie Edwards and Jeff Hardy have recovered.

Its a great idea but how bad for Davey? First your partner is injured and then you are forced to team with Matt!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 45
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Fernando on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:35 pm

Don't worry he's pork swording Angelina Love too Ok!

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 35977
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by talkingpoint on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:48 pm

Adam D wrote:
talkingpoint wrote:why don't Matt Hardy and Davey Richards form a new tag team, splicing the Hardys and the Wolves together? That or Matt defends the tag titles in a handicap match against the Revolution loses and then TNA forget about the tag titles until both Eddie Edwards and Jeff Hardy have recovered.

Its a great idea but how bad for Davey? First your partner is injured and then you are forced to team with Matt!

The angle would get really muddled when Edwards and Jeff return - will team Hardy Wolf want to break up the partnership and return to their original teams or stay together? I'm not sure I really want to see that angle. When the Revolution tried to tempt Davey, I thought it was okay and Davey's response was the right decision. It's way too early in the Wolves TNA career to break up. They are a genuine tag team and have the potential to be one of the greats. TNA need to build their legacy.


talkingpoint

Posts : 1605
Join date : 2011-02-20
Location : Essex Made Punk

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Fernando on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 4:14 pm


Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 35977
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Adam D on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 4:15 pm

Are you posting TNA stuff now in response to me taking your turf with WWE results Laugh

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 45
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Fernando on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 4:21 pm

Nah saw it on Wrestlezone.com and thought it was funny but not quite news worthy Ok!

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 35977
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 7:37 pm

https://i.imgur.com/v7dcAfE.gifv

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 20720
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 29
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Fernando on Thu 30 Apr 2015, 1:19 pm

Adam D wrote:Apparently, the first confirmed staff member for Global Force Wrestling is.....



Eric Bischoff


Oh well, it was fun whilst it lasted.

Jeff Jarrett has dismissed those rumors Ok!

Apparently so far they've reached out to Rodrick Strong,Shelton Benjamin,Bubba & D'Von & Chris Masters (lol)


Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 35977
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Fernando on Mon 04 May 2015, 10:54 pm


Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 35977
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Tue 05 May 2015, 12:47 am

Fernando wrote:
Adam D wrote:Apparently, the first confirmed staff member for Global Force Wrestling is.....



Eric Bischoff


Oh well, it was fun whilst it lasted.

Jeff Jarrett has dismissed those rumors Ok!

Apparently so far they've reached out to Rodrick Strong,Shelton Benjamin,Bubba & D'Von & Chris Masters (lol)


Dunno what your lol-ing at Masters is a great worker these days

Dr Gregory House MD

Posts : 3502
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 27
Location : Dundee

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Tue 05 May 2015, 1:22 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/34uzas/tomspiracy_the_road_so_far/

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 20720
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 29
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Fernando on Tue 05 May 2015, 10:25 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Fernando wrote:
Adam D wrote:Apparently, the first confirmed staff member for Global Force Wrestling is.....



Eric Bischoff


Oh well, it was fun whilst it lasted.

Jeff Jarrett has dismissed those rumors Ok!

Apparently so far they've reached out to Rodrick Strong,Shelton Benjamin,Bubba & D'Von & Chris Masters (lol)


Dunno what your lol-ing at Masters is a great worker these days

It was more aimed at the people their trying to round up for a roster, Apart from Shelton & Roderick Strong i doubt many will be too interested tbh.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 35977
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Crimey on Tue 05 May 2015, 11:29 am

TNA's tour to China cancelled. 

Hogan is apparently training for a match at Wrestlemania 32, Vince has said if you pass the physical you'll get one. In other news, Vince knows that Hogan cannot pass the physical.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16397
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 24
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Fernando on Tue 05 May 2015, 8:05 pm

JTG is releasing a book tomorrow about his time in OVW & WWE

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 35977
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Samo on Tue 05 May 2015, 8:07 pm

I look forward to the WWE chapter.

"Once me and Shad split up I sat at home for 4 years and made myself World Champion on WWE 12, then when they stopped putting me in it I would spend ages creating myself, and put the Smackdown on Triple H in a Hell in a Cell."

Samo

Posts : 4131
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Fernando on Tue 05 May 2015, 8:10 pm

Could be interesting tbf

promotional material for the book from JTG:

DAMN! WHY DID I WRITE THIS BOOK? Is a compilation of short stories all focused around the four letter word that has ended more wrestling careers than steroids, pills and alcohol combined. HEAT!

HEAT - A "black cloud" that follows a superstar after a personal conflict or misunderstanding between two individuals or more backstage.

In Damn! WHY DID I WRITE THIS BOOK, I take the reader, on a journey, from the beginning of my career, to the final curtain call; sharing stories on how I battled Heat from day one, while managing to urine off more people for writing this book!!!

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 35977
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Nakatomi Plaza on Tue 05 May 2015, 9:54 pm

WWE were considering booking Justin Bieber to main event Summerslam last year according to former WWE creative team member, Kevin Eck.

https://kevineckwrestling.sportsblog.com/posts/2330971/floyd-mayweather-s-pal-justin-bieber-wrestling-in-summerslam-main-event-last-year-was-a-possibility.html

Nakatomi Plaza

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2012-07-27
Location : Suplex City

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Wed 06 May 2015, 2:21 am



Proving em wrong!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 20720
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 29
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Samo on Wed 06 May 2015, 8:08 am

Jeez Chris Hero looks out of shape.

Samo

Posts : 4131
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Adam D on Wed 06 May 2015, 9:03 am

I thought that was Luke Harper!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 45
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Wed 06 May 2015, 9:42 am

Yeh Hero's fat now, still wrestling like a boss though, so if he's happy I guess

Dr Gregory House MD

Posts : 3502
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 27
Location : Dundee

Back to top Go down

Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum