The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

+35
Marky
psycho-gooner
President Trump
ncfc_Tooze
Gregers
Dr Shoe
owen10ozzy
kingraf
MetalMotty
dyrewolfe
DrDeath
adamk
Nay
liverbnz
Nakatomi Plaza
Prometheus
bretmeharty
The_Enigma
Hero
nadeem2099
NickisBHAFC
Brilliant_yep
Crimey
XR
Shot 21 LCFC
RinoGattuso
crippledtart
TwisT
Kay Fabe
JamesLincs
talkingpoint
Jammy31
Enforcer
VDT
Adam D
39 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 7 Empty News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Adam D Tue 11 Nov 2014, 4:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Jim Ross has been signed for GWFs first show - New Japans Wrestle Kingdom 9 on Jan 4th.

That is all

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 7 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 20 May 2015, 4:12 pm

Pretty good group of wrestlers on that.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 7 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 20 May 2015, 4:31 pm

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 20 May 2015, 7:29 pm

Hope they put together Zack Gibson and Jack Gallagher for you Marky as at the fed I regularly go to see they've been feuding for months (after splitting as best mates), they've got great chemistry between them and both are fantastic wrestlers, Gallagher in particular is a technician expert (although he does look a bit like Ed Sheeran)

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 20 May 2015, 7:42 pm

Someone send that Scott Steiner video into Tough Enough Very Happy
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 20 May 2015, 9:46 pm

Daniel Bryan's autobiography News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 7 3559488474

WWE.com has the first two chapters here:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/first-two-chapters-daniel-bryan-yes-my-improbable-journey-to-the-main-event-of-wrestlemania-27394016

Interesting read, I'll probably buy it when its out.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 21 May 2015, 12:35 am

One perk in my life will be the company my sister works for is publishing this over here. Actually, second perk, cos I got free Smackdown tickets

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 21 May 2015, 3:32 am

Melter reporting TNA cancelled by Destination America
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 21 May 2015, 7:26 am

Yeah TNA has apparently been cancelled, will be off Destination America by September, they've tried to keep it quiet so as to not affect ratings in the meanwhile. Devastating news for TNA if true, not sure they will get another TV deal any time soon.

Also Eric Bischoff is suing TNA for breach of contract, claiming they owe him something like $114,000. 

Will be interesting to see if TNA's plight puts TV companies off signing up Global Force Wrestling.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 21 May 2015, 7:29 am

Also ratings not the issue, it is a highly rated show on Destination America, but as seen with WWE and WCW back in the day, its viewing figures aren't as valuable to the TV companies because advertisers do not want to advertise on wrestling.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 21 May 2015, 7:30 am

Somewhere in Glasgow Adam is crying over his Dixie action figures.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 21 May 2015, 7:32 am

I am genuinely concerned for Adam if TNA aren't on TV any more.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 21 May 2015, 9:21 am

Challenge TV to replace showings of Impact with more re-runs of Bullseye and Takeshi's Castle.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 21 May 2015, 9:26 am

Haha TNA being cancelled doesn't merit its own thread
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 21 May 2015, 9:44 am

NXT NEWS:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 21 May 2015, 9:46 am

Wouldn't that still be classed as a spoiler at this stage?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 21 May 2015, 10:14 am

Sorry if I spoiled it people - hadnt realised that it hadnt aired as I dont watch NXT.

Sorry again!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 21 May 2015, 10:16 am

Oh it aired, but only overnight, so I was just guessing that many people might have been tucked up in bed and would be watching this evening.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 21 May 2015, 10:23 am

WWE pretty much ruined it spoiler wise though by sending me a notification about it at 4am.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 21 May 2015, 10:28 am

Prometheus wrote:Melter reporting TNA cancelled by Destination America

Ignored everything written after "melter".

Which he would melt in a house fire.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 21 May 2015, 10:28 am

Adam D wrote:
NXT NEWS:

Spoiler:

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 21 May 2015, 10:36 am

Spoiler:
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 21 May 2015, 1:35 pm

Crimey wrote:Also ratings not the issue, it is a highly rated show on Destination America, but as seen with WWE and WCW back in the day, its viewing figures aren't as valuable to the TV companies because advertisers do not want to advertise on wrestling.

This is interesting I think on the back of what Impact has done in the last couple of weeks:
- Drop the "N" bomb
- Mr Anderson's "B1tch" promo
- Women in underwear
- Using a prosthetic leg as a weapon

I'd interpreted these as last ditch Attitude Era-like attempts to create some kind of buzz and draw more viewers. I still think that is the right interpretation, but I see an alternative. What if they are designed to stick 2 fingers up to Destination America, 'you think no-one wants to advertise on a wrestling show', well look at how much quicker we can make those advertisers run now!
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 21 May 2015, 1:39 pm

Crimey wrote:

Will be interesting to see if TNA's plight puts TV companies off signing up Global Force Wrestling.

Hey, just 4 days ago when there were rumours of Destination America pulling out I asked the same question. And
Crimey wrote:I actually think wrestling as a whole is doing better than the past 5 years. TNA managed to get a new deal (for now), Lucha Underground, NJPW could have a financially viable PPV in the US, ROH have got a TV deal I believe and now GFW will likely end up being on TV as well. 

Compared to a few years ago where there was WWE on TV and TNA with falling ratings, this is an improvement.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 22 May 2015, 12:24 pm

From Kayfabe news:
#
A medium-sized Alaskan wolverine afflicted with rabies feels unfairly discriminated against because of a gruesome crime committed nearly a decade ago, thousands of miles away, by a member of a different species.
Roaming the boreal forests northwest of Anchorage, its brain gradually deteriorating from the rabies it contracted during a recent fight with a lynx, the wolverine feels unable to escape the dark reputation the world has ascribed to it.
“Sure, I’m a scrappy little carnivore with pointy fangs and a bad case of rabies,” the wolverine mumbled to itself through a foaming mouth. “But I’m not a monster.”
There was a time when the weasel-like creature was proud to be a wolverine, because his species was the inspiration for a famous comic book superhero and successful Canadian professional wrestler.
But after the wrestler committed a heinous crime, wolverines worldwide — particularly rabid ones — felt a sense of shame ascribed to their species.
“I know the rabies will eventually make me crazy and violent,” the wolverine admitted while burrowing in the permafrost for voles.
“But I’ll probably just bite a moose and get trampled to death or something. It’s not fair that, just because I’m a rabid wolverine, the world expects me to be some kind of menace to society.”

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri 22 May 2015, 7:04 pm

Josh Mathews has been taking shots at WWE on Twitter for the way Samoa Joe was introduced on NXT.

Josh Mathews ✔@realjoshmathews
How did the @WWENXT announcers know who @SamoaJoe was if we are #obscurity in their world? Sick of hypocrisy.

He also claimed TNA, not ROH is where Joe made his name.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 22 May 2015, 7:31 pm

He had Samoa Joe on his T Shirt. Thats a pretty big giveaway.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 22 May 2015, 7:36 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:Josh Mathews has been taking shots at WWE on Twitter for the way Samoa Joe was introduced on NXT.

Josh Mathews ✔@realjoshmathews
How did the @WWENXT announcers know who @SamoaJoe was if we are #obscurity in their world? Sick of hypocrisy.

He also claimed TNA, not ROH is where Joe made his name.

That tells you all you need to know about his comments, He was well known on the Indy scene long before he joined TNA he even appeared on Sunday Night Heat in a tryout match. If you ask 95% of smarky wrestling fans name a Samoa Joe match they mention him vs CM Punk in ROH.

*Disclaimer the missing 5% is Adam related....

Last edited by Fernando on Fri 22 May 2015, 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 22 May 2015, 9:11 pm

Josh Matthews what a bitter man.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 25 May 2015, 1:47 pm

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 7 Myster10
Name the three people in the photo

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by adamk Mon 25 May 2015, 1:57 pm

Obviously ted dibiase and rowdy roddy piper. And unfortunately I think the one in the middle is bobby heenan.

adamk

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 25 May 2015, 2:00 pm

adamk wrote:Obviously ted dibiase and rowdy roddy piper.  And unfortunately I think the one in the middle is bobby heenan.
Correct.

I was shocked when I saw it earlier.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 25 May 2015, 2:02 pm

Jesus it is The Brain right enough. Thats depressing. I take it he's had his jaw removed?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 May 2015, 7:28 pm

Not news per se but has anyone noticed Jerichos twitter has been hacked, somebody is having a field day with it at the minute

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 25 May 2015, 7:37 pm

I can't imagine something I'm less likely to do than follow Jericho on THE TWITTER
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 26 May 2015, 8:22 pm

Not sure if this is a signing or an actual event but it's interesting either way...

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 7 CF9CpHcUEAArxRW

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 27 May 2015, 4:32 pm

Rusev left the SD tapings in a wheelchair & a leg brace not good news.

ROH have announced Samoa Joe/AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels/Kazarian for their PPV.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 27 May 2015, 5:09 pm

Fernando wrote:Rusev left the SD tapings in a wheelchair & a leg brace not good news.

Who would take him place in the Chamber then? Im guessing Stardust would be the obvious choice.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 May 2015, 6:09 pm

Small part of me thinks thats good news. Little time off and keeps him from going stale with this Lana stuff. Wyatt would be my pick if theres no plan for him, but he'd also have to win so I'm not sure. Maybe make Neville and Dallas a match for the last spot

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 27 May 2015, 6:24 pm

If he can somehow be half as entertaining as wheelchair flair or wheelchair angle, I will be happy!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 27 May 2015, 6:47 pm

Or Wheelchair Batista, it was one night only but it was still awesome.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDeath Thu 28 May 2015, 10:35 am

Samo wrote:
Fernando wrote:Rusev left the SD tapings in a wheelchair & a leg brace not good news.

Who would take him place in the Chamber then?  Im guessing Stardust would be the obvious choice.

Bray

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 28 May 2015, 12:27 pm

WWE are looking at AJ Styles again now NXT are going to be a touring brand.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 28 May 2015, 12:37 pm

Fernando wrote:WWE are looking at AJ Styles again now NXT are going to be a touring brand.

Yes. Obviously the amount of money WWE put on the table will be a big factor. But, at 38, if I were AJ I'd be asking myself which touring schedule is better for my body, NJPW's, or WWE's? He's proven he can draw in NJPW, I think he's putting on some great matches. If I remember correctly at G1 he'll be wrestling Okada. I hope he stays.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 28 May 2015, 12:39 pm

If he's in NXT he'd be based in Florida & go on tour around America. Not entirely sure if NXT are traveling the world like Raw/SD all ive seen is dates for America.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 28 May 2015, 12:43 pm

Fernando wrote:If he's in NXT he'd be based in Florida & go on tour around America. Not entirely sure if NXT are traveling the world like Raw/SD all ive seen is dates for America.

I think they have plans, just not yet for global domination. I think my concern was more about how many nights. I saw a couple of tweets from some of the NXT guys when they were on the road the other week that were kind of "gulp a lot of wrestling coming up, but looking forward to it". They work 2 and sometimes 3 shows back-to-back. And I think that is probably a lot more work that AJ is currently doing.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Thu 28 May 2015, 1:42 pm

Triple H going for Austin Aries when his contract is up at the end of June

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 28 May 2015, 5:11 pm

Brock Lesnar has been added to the Live RAW event on June 22nd

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 28 May 2015, 6:05 pm

He's also advertised to be at Battleground in July. I wonder if this is in addition to/or instead of Night of Champions

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 28 May 2015, 8:26 pm

Kevin Owens is scheduled for nearly every upcoming RAW taping up to and including the Battleground PPV, but he isnt scheduled for Money in the Bank.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri 29 May 2015, 6:00 am

Sheamus has been cast as Rocksteady in next years' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next