The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SO, who's lining Big Eddie's pockets this weekend?

+23
AdamT
rob-glos
neilodonnell
westisbest
rycoys
hayemaker
tommyhearnsprodigalson
Seanusarrilius
mobilemaster8
TRUSSMAN66
milkyboy
spencerclarke
All Time Great
WelshDevilRob
compelling and rich
Strongback
Steffan
catchweight
Derbymanc
wheelchair1991
Dipper Brown
Rowley
theanimal316
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SO, who's lining Big Eddie's pockets this week?

SO, who's lining Big Eddie's pockets this weekend? - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%SO, who's lining Big Eddie's pockets this weekend? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 7 ]
SO, who's lining Big Eddie's pockets this weekend? - Page 2 Vote_lcap53%SO, who's lining Big Eddie's pockets this weekend? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 16 ]
SO, who's lining Big Eddie's pockets this weekend? - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%SO, who's lining Big Eddie's pockets this weekend? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 30

SO, who's lining Big Eddie's pockets this weekend? - Page 2 Empty SO, who's lining Big Eddie's pockets this weekend?

Post by theanimal316 Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's fight week, accompanied with the full Sky treatment of a build up show per night. Despite all the protestations on here and ridicule of it being on PPV, is anyone buying it?

I am, me and 2 friends are gonna split the cost and since I'm off the beer, coupled with a pizza it will be a cheap but good night's entertainment.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

SO, who's lining Big Eddie's pockets this weekend? - Page 2 Empty Re: SO, who's lining Big Eddie's pockets this weekend?

Post by Strongback Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:44 am

I see Dipper and Derby are still on the payroll. I hope Eddie's looking after you.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

SO, who's lining Big Eddie's pockets this weekend? - Page 2 Empty Re: SO, who's lining Big Eddie's pockets this weekend?

Post by westisbest Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:47 am

Been invited round the bro's to watch it, so may do.

Good day of sport tomorrow.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:09 am

I can live it without watching Clev-Bellew and a bunch of horse manure underneath it.....

£16 is trivial but it's an acid test for future shows this one I believe...

The one i'm sorry to miss is Eubank-Saunders........But I don't agree with Boxnation and that's that really...

But good luck to anyone that's buying ............Live and let live.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by neilodonnell Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:46 pm

I'm buying it. Can't wait for a good night of boxing!

neilodonnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:03 pm

Wrong again Strongback! I'm not buying the fight, 1) I'm not convinced by it 2) I already pay enough for sky, I'm not paying over the odds for something I should already receive.

Said this over and over, but you believe what you want to believe. No skin off my nose Smile.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:53 pm

Can you do me a favour and remind him then when you see him Strongy as I could do with the money this month Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:07 pm

Think we need to form a union Derby. I haven't seen a cheque from the big man yet! I'll be on the street selling strawberries before long!

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:21 pm

After all the millions he's made just from me and you saying some of his other cards have been decent you think he'd give us something.

(someones gonna have to explain this strawberries thing as well as I think i've missed someat)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:40 pm

Will PPV now mean "Punnet Per View" as a testimony to Eddie's generosity?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:Think we need to form a union Derby. I haven't seen a cheque from the big man yet! I'll be on the street selling strawberries before long!

We already have a "Union" on here..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Someone posted a video here of EH trying to justify tomorrow's card being PPV by saying that sometimes you don't mind paying above the odds for a punnet of strawberries if they're particularly juicy, the assumption being that this fight is juicier than your average domestic fight. An awkward comparison that had since grown arms and legs.

To be honest at this point Strongback's mind has been made up (apologies for speaking about you as if you aren't here SB). I can't recall ever heaping praise on Hearn, as a personality in boxing, I'm pretty ambivalent on the guy. Can't say he offends me or interests me too much.

But...on this particular point: I'm not convinced by Hearn's appraisal of the Clev Bellew match up. It's interesting but not worth £17 of my own money.

If that excludes me from the Hearn fan club so be it, although I struggle to see how a promoter can have 'fans'.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:59 pm

Cheers for the explanation Dipper, I can't access youtube or any video streaming sites at work so had no idea.

Dunno why it's so hard to grasp that he's going to try and make money regardless. If I was home I wouldn't pay for this but as i'm at work and it's freely provided then I'll be watching. (Not gonna cut my nose off to spite my face.)

Agree with what someone else said above, that this is a tester. If it's a success, see more cards like this on PPV, if not then it's back to the drawing board.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:03 pm

Interestingly the PPV is only £15 on Virgin rather than £17 on Sky. 
This might be because Virgin don't get the HD feed but still....

Hypocritically, I just bought it.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:25 pm

Take it you believe now strongy that me derbymanc and dipper are not longer part of a massive eddie payroll

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:56 am

DAVE667 wrote:Will PPV now mean "Punnet Per View" as a testimony to Eddie's generosity?

Maybe it refers to eddie's prosaic punnet vernacular

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:09 pm

I bought it, I see all the box nation fights free at my brothers so he's coming over here to watch it.

If he wasn't coming over I might still have paid it but I do not think it should be ppv. On saying that I think the main event will be a good competitive scrap.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:17 pm

Same as me Rob Glos. No HD is annoying as I watch boxing in HD most of the time.

But then saying that, I have Boxnation and watch some monster fights in SD so I suppose I don't care. Roll on 1800

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:06 pm

I''m such a chump, I've just bought it, Damn you Shiraz. Damn you sky remote select button.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:14 pm

Shiraz very nice one of my favorite grapes nice and fruity...Especially new world varieties.

Tend to stick to white though because of my head..

Enjoy the fights

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:20 pm

Opposite for me; White gives me a blinding headache and hangover. Can drink the Red all night...wish it was the other way round mind as nothing beats an Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc (no pun intended Truss) ..

Surprised no chat box up for this; very rarely seem to get it on the go for the boxing.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:25 pm

The Oyster house white takes some beating...and I was beating on him last night...

Only for connoisseurs..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:47 pm

Oyster bay Sauvignon blanc is a good call Owen. Look at us, the 606 wine club. Well wino club maybe.

Truss can keep his club to himself.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Cheers truss.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:55 pm

I will put the chat box on for you all

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarrayb Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:35 pm

Never once crossed my mind to pay for this show, there isn't a fighter on this bill who warrants chief support for a PPV event, let alone topping the bill.
No doubt its all been said before by others.

sugarrayb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2