The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+10
Silver
88Chris05
Union Cane
superflyweight
Pal Joey
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
kingraf
Rowley
ShahenshahG
14 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Galted Thu 20 Nov 2014, 4:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

ARSE

Last edited by Galted on Thu 20 Nov 2014, 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:25 pm

Pizza Hut? I don't think so. Haven't had one of those for ages. Their pizzas are too tangy.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:26 pm

What was it like outside Tino? Were harmful elements in the air?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:27 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Where've you been windows? Missed some good action. Galted saw a french bird (not my missus) fall in sh!t and I am likely to be made redundant in February which is good news (provided they pay their way).

I'm in Hong Kong for a couple of weeks.  Night off tonight so I'm sat in my hotel room.  I'll probably do a little bit of work and then have a w*nk.

I have literally just read the last few pages.  I think it was probably G-Unit that fell in the sh*t.  Soppy bastard that he is.

I would say sorry about the job but you don't seem upset so I won't.  This is the perfect chance to do something you want with your life.  Work outside and work in the industry you want to.  Get out on that lawnmower and do it with pride.  You'll feel better, that's for sure, and who gives a f*ck what anyone else thinks.

He'll be right. I have a lot of confidence in seany. He will always land on his feet.

So Tina, only 3 hours time difference now. Welcome to the Pacific Zone.

Why don't you go downstairs later (after you've finished your work) and do a bit of Feisty Red Bird spotting... weather permitting?
Alternatively, you could find some low key restaurant in the back blocks and slurp some soup with the locals.  Look for the place with the milk crates. Wink

I'm really struggling at night, LD. Can't get to sleep and then wake up at stupid times. Some lady did accost me and say "Harrow Mr white man. Tell your Aussie chum that I miss him. He very rough but nice man. Bonzer". I think she meant you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:28 pm

seanmichaels wrote:My face is proof that I've never yet landed on my feet!

Why don't you hook up with IG Windows? Bit of Night (yellow) Fever?

If he was still around, I would like nothing more than to meet Gia.

Alas, I think he may be dead.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:32 pm

I'm going to google Mnasfield man missing. It was Mansfield wasn't it?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:33 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I'm going to google Mnasfield man missing. It was Mansfield wasn't it?

Aye.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:35 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Where've you been windows? Missed some good action. Galted saw a french bird (not my missus) fall in sh!t and I am likely to be made redundant in February which is good news (provided they pay their way).

I'm in Hong Kong for a couple of weeks.  Night off tonight so I'm sat in my hotel room.  I'll probably do a little bit of work and then have a w*nk.

I have literally just read the last few pages.  I think it was probably G-Unit that fell in the sh*t.  Soppy bastard that he is.

I would say sorry about the job but you don't seem upset so I won't.  This is the perfect chance to do something you want with your life.  Work outside and work in the industry you want to.  Get out on that lawnmower and do it with pride.  You'll feel better, that's for sure, and who gives a f*ck what anyone else thinks.

He'll be right. I have a lot of confidence in seany. He will always land on his feet.

So Tina, only 3 hours time difference now. Welcome to the Pacific Zone.

Why don't you go downstairs later (after you've finished your work) and do a bit of Feisty Red Bird spotting... weather permitting?
Alternatively, you could find some low key restaurant in the back blocks and slurp some soup with the locals.  Look for the place with the milk crates. Wink

I'm really struggling at night, LD.  Can't get to sleep and then wake up at stupid times.  Some lady did accost me and say "Harrow Mr white man.  Tell your Aussie chum that I miss him.  He very rough but nice man.  Bonzer".  I think she meant you.

Ha ha. I'm really quite shy and polite when I travel. Especially when I ask "where raydal for floot salah, preez?... (need top-uh... by duh way...)"

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 04 Dec 2014, 1:54 pm

Carlton Palmer, now teaching in Shanghai, was from Mansfield.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 04 Dec 2014, 2:11 pm

As was Steve Ogrizovic. Have no idea what he is doing now.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 04 Dec 2014, 2:13 pm

As was Jane

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Dec 2014, 3:01 pm

rick_dagless wrote:As was Jane

Would have been a good one rick, if you'd spelt Jayne correctly.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 04 Dec 2014, 3:32 pm

That was handball.  It came off his arm.

I just woke up from a slumber and the tv channel in the hotel is playing Sunderland v Liverpool from the 2013/14 season.  Daniel Sturridge has just scored from a corner but it was clearly handball.  None of the Sunderland players are complaining though.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Dec 2014, 3:38 pm

Did they play football back in 1213?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 04 Dec 2014, 3:39 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Did they play football back in 1213?

It's 23:40, Jules. I'm tired.

But, seeing as it's you, I will edit it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Dec 2014, 3:45 pm

I could have edited it for you - I now have that power.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 04 Dec 2014, 3:49 pm

It's 0-2 now. That toothy bastard has just scored.

Made by a lovely pass from Gerrard to Sturridge. He beats the defender and crosses it for Suarez. Goal.

This could be all over by half time.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 04 Dec 2014, 4:03 pm

Listening to you talking about football is just odd Tina. Is like listening to Shah discussing being p*ssed, or posting something that is not wildly offensive to at least one person.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 04 Dec 2014, 4:07 pm

Rowley wrote:Listening to you talking about football is just odd Tina. Is like listening to Shah discussing being p*ssed, or posting something that is not wildly offensive to at least one person.

It feels more comfortable than I imagined, Jeff. It really was a lovely ball from Gerrard. I see Aston Villa got a win at the weekend? Where are they in the league now?

I've stopped watching a year old football match. I'm watching MTV now. Some young lady called Meghan Trainor singing All About The Bass.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 04 Dec 2014, 4:19 pm

We're 12th now Tina, shows how bad the league is given we are absolutely god awful.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 04 Dec 2014, 6:08 pm

Rowley wrote:Listening to you talking about football is just odd Tina. Is like listening to Shah discussing being p*ssed, or posting something that is not wildly offensive to at least one person.

Hi Rowley

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 04 Dec 2014, 6:41 pm

I too am all about that bass, no treble. Whatever treble was metaphor for.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Dec 2014, 7:11 pm

I'm no treble at all.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 04 Dec 2014, 8:01 pm

Finally finished my dvd/bluray shelves, complete phucking disaster - don't think a single one of the 6 shelves is parallel with another. Galtova burst into laughter when she got home and saw it though she soon stopped when she saw my expression, probably helped that I still had the hammer in my hand.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 04 Dec 2014, 8:32 pm

Very good Julius. You're such a bass turd
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 05 Dec 2014, 4:09 am

Firstly,
Good morning to whoever is around at this ungodly hour.

So raf, Centurion... are you near the cricket ground or that big overhead railway viaduct?

I'm watching a small lizard go beserk on my new concrete. A positive sign.

Off to see a sandstone man soon... to check out his art/workmanship. Need someone to translate my waterfall into reality. The stakes are high.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 05 Dec 2014, 7:18 am

Morning LD. I'm actually across the road from Supersport Park. It's a two minute walk. Speaking of cricket, We got our tickets for days 1-4 of all the Summer Tests, the Johannesburg T20, and the Wanderers and Centurion 50-overs matches. Bit disappointing as various members of the Windies side seem to be dropping out of the tour.

It's a pity SA-Aus don't do the six test super series' anymore. Would have absolutely loved day 1-4 of Boxing day Melbourne and New year's Sydney. Maybe I'll sneak in for an Ashes series?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 05 Dec 2014, 7:31 am

Centurion eh? Nope, I don't know where that is. 

Don't know where Pretoria is either, to be fair. 

I do know where Teesside is though,  as I drove there and back yesterday.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 05 Dec 2014, 7:41 am

Good story Union, you've set the bar pretty high for today. Morning all.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 05 Dec 2014, 7:47 am

Pretoria is near Johannesburg. About 30 minutes away. If you drive past Pretoria, five minutes later you'll be in Centurion. I do however have no idea of where Teesside is... although autocorrect hasn't corrected me, so I assume it's a real place
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 05 Dec 2014, 8:02 am

Good morning Jeff.

It's an amalgam of cities around Middlesbrough, raf... on the River Tees. A conurbation.

Do you prefer it near Pretoria or has Johannesburg got more things happening?
Was the move work related?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just inquisitive, mate.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 05 Dec 2014, 8:15 am

No worries mate, I love talking about myself. It's not really work related. But I suppose that played a part. I originally moved to Joburg as the apartment was literally five minutes from my old place of work. I've since moved jobs, and while Pretoria and Joburg are nearly the same distance from studios, Centurion has a national road highway linking it directly to Midrand (where I work). This means it's a much shorter trip now, as I avoid traffic. The main reason though, I guess is a mate needed a roomie, and my lease was up. Seemed worth a go for a year.

Johannesburg has way better nightlife, but Centurion/Pretoria area is generally a cleaner. Plus it has more dams, and wildlife parks, and is a shorter drive away from mama and papa's farm.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 05 Dec 2014, 8:16 am

(he must be busy watching Seabelo Senatla scoring a try for the BlitzBokke in Dubai)

Oh... posted too soon!

Perfect answer. That makes a lot of sense.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 05 Dec 2014, 8:22 am

Senatla is fast though hey? Proper pair of Wings on him. Runs a faster 100m time than peak Lomu (although, so does Spies). I can't believe he hasn't gotten a bok cap yet. Same goes for Sbu Sithole, who for me is the best centre we have. Blazing wheels on him as well.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 05 Dec 2014, 8:24 am

Cheers mate. I'm hoping my girlfriend says the same when I explain it to her when she gets back. Very Happy
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 05 Dec 2014, 8:32 am

Sydney is in Australia I believe, which is somewhere south of the equator.
Johannesburg is in South Africa, which is towards the south of Africa.

Morning lads. I know where you live.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 05 Dec 2014, 8:44 am

Very Happy
If she doesn't; then she has rocks in her head... (she's probably jealous?)

I've always thought Sithole was one letter away from a very rude name. Some seriously fast players there. Would be good to see some of them step up to Test level. Same goes for some of our blokes. I've often wondered how they would handle it. There are some very fit athletes who would have no problems adjusting to 80+ mins of rugby, surely. A bit like T20 and Test cricket... the skills are there; they just need more big game time and familiarity with the longer forms of the game.

I'm a big fan of dams and wildlife too. We've got plenty of both here.
Just got back from the wild west actually (about 20km from the foot of the Blue Mountains). Some spectacular lightning in the sky... it was a boiling hot day but now it's dropped down to only 22 degs. Our dams could be bursting if we get too much more rain. A inch in 10 minutes yesterday.

Would be a disaster on a major scale since the coastline is higher than inland areas where the bulk of the population lives... and all of the dams are around the foot of the mountains and most of Sydney is in a "basin" with the Nepean River acting like a trough. I'd have to check... but if we are already at 90% capacity (and it wouldn't take much more rain to reach 100% since the catchment areas are huge... it can happen in 3-4 days of heavy rain) then I don't think the dams would be able to cope unless they release major torrents of water down the Nepean R.

Lots of wildlife would be washed out to the ocean... a long distance away.

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 05 Dec 2014, 8:44 am

Morning Julius.

Remarkable to think it's been a year since Mandela passed. I remember the day so vividly, as I do most days. South Africa was facing India in an ODI match at the Wanderers, which I'd gone to with my mates and now ex girlfriend. It was the Pink ODI for cancer awareness and I remember getting home and a mate calling me telling me to switch the tv on, and the president, in his inimitable style, taking ten minutes to complete the sentence that Mandela was no longer with us. Was all rather surreal. Seemed incomprehensible. How quickly a year passes
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 05 Dec 2014, 8:59 am

Funny enough we had the complete opposite problem here this year. Water shortage, as the dam was drying up. Rained once or twice the whole winter. Luckily its rained a bit more this summer. Had a few spectacular thundershowers. I always feel a little guilty about enjoying them, as they generally lead to people's house and belongings being completely ruined. Still a magnificent sight though.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 05 Dec 2014, 9:16 am

We had that problem once about 15 years ago.
There was water rationing and restrictions on useage. Then we had a few years of wet... and levels are getting topped up pretty quickly.

Except if you go further out west of the Divide. Completely different story. As dry as a dead dingo's donga as they say. Like phucking Mars.

It's quite lush here on the coast in comparison.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 05 Dec 2014, 9:55 am

I had an argument last year with my in-laws as to whether or not South Africa was or wasn't a country.  They were convinced it wasn't and it was just a name given to a group of countries at the southern end of Africa.  

They both voted Yes in the independence referendum.

Last edited by superflyweight on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:01 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:Like phucking Mars.

Marianne?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:03 am

Union Cane wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:Like phucking Mars.

Marianne?

An old Marianne. Dry and seemingly lifeless...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:13 am

Lyric quiz with link

1. Hurricane Annie ripped the ceiling off a church and killed everyone inside
2. Caviar and cigarettes, Well versed in etiquette
3. Knowing, sensing. Seeing, eating. Sleeping that's just being
4. They say I'm crazy, they say that I'm a fool. And I feel so helpless because love can be so cruel.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:15 am

I think I know 2 but can't place it. Is it Queen?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:16 am

1 Prince - Sign of the Times

2 Queen - Killer Queen

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:18 am

Think 3 might be King Love and Pride, would have never got it without getting the first two though, as the link somewhat presented itself.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:23 am

Correct on all 3. The link is pretty obvious I admit.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:43 am

Are they all from Mansfield?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:44 am

Morning Culturites.

Was in Tesco's in Aldershot last night. Wall to wall feminists. Tracksuits and short back and sides all over the place. At least 5 pairs in one shop.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:56 am

TV personality:

Spoiler:

Last edited by seanmichaels on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next