Maybe it's just me...

Go down

Maybe it's just me...

Post by kingraf on Sun 23 Nov 2014, 6:31 pm

But Noble and Mercury are security for the authoritay? I mean, in a industry with 6'6 300lbs animals who seemingly are out to get your golden boy... you hire a pair of 5'7 has beens?

I haven't watched wrestling recently... has there been a vaguely passable reason for this?
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe it's just me...

Post by crippledtart on Sun 23 Nov 2014, 8:49 pm

Great point.

And nope.

crippledtart
V2 Journal
V2 Journal

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 on Mon 24 Nov 2014, 1:34 pm

They meant to be those types of security that are annoying and are easy to get rid off.
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom on Tue 25 Nov 2014, 9:10 pm

It is actually a really good move to have them in my opinion. So often the "security" looks more impressive than the main star that they are backing up.

Here Rollins is a good 3" taller than them and definitely looks like the main man.

It may be logically flawed but I think it works.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe on Tue 25 Nov 2014, 10:14 pm

I don't think height necessarily has to come into it while discussing the merits of a bodygaurd(s) what does mattwr though is perception, thats 9/10s of the problem here, almost everyone knows who Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble are, they were glorified nobodies in the WWE so to believe they are now trusted to protect WWE's most treasured talents are slightly incomprehensible. 

You don't need to be 6'6 and 250lbs to be a security gaurd but I think if you have a guy thats about 5'9/10 then they have to be known as absolute killing machines, if anyone tries to take out anyone they're hired to protect then they'll be restrained ASAP 

Noble and Mercury were just used as a cheap take on the original stoogies in Briscoe and Paterson, the difference with that for me was that these guys were known long time employees and frienda with Vince, they weren't security even though they would have protected Vince until their dying breath, it was all just a cheap nod at 1998

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum