The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 11 Results.

2 posters

Go down

Week 11 Results. Empty Week 11 Results.

Post by Holymiky Fri 28 Nov 2014, 9:32 am

Quick note: I tried to not consider league positions in this and just focus solely on tactics alone. It was honestly difficult to choose a winner in pretty much all of the matches so hopefully people aren’t too disappointed about results as I did what I could to pick a winner where I felt it necessary. I will post the tactics later I just wanted to get these done so I am posting them now.

Basel vs Bordeaux

Nando gets the default win against Basel as I have no tactics from Fluxy.

Genk 0 vs 1 Verona

(Zarate)

The quality in this match shows from the off as both sides show what they have got in a very open game. Verona have a more laid back approach to the game and just do their jobs whereas Genk just go for it in a controlled way. Both sides have plenty of chances and a very entertaining game between 2 managers who I think it’s clear to see have written some brilliant tactics. I am going to give the win to Verona here. GSC gave instructions to Zarate to go in as an extra striker when he cuts inside which was clever because of Costa being man marked by the Genk defence. This allows Zarate to get in behind onto a pass from Pjanic and score a late winner in the 85th minute. I feel Trebs will come back even stronger next season and I also feel that he will challenge even more for the title.

Getafe 0 vs 3 Twente

(Berahino, Suarez, Ljajic)

Getafe wanted to play deep today in defence and park the bus around the box, I feel this is what will invite more pressure from Twente who chose to go all out. Hero asked his Twente team to make him proud and that’s exactly what they did. Twente go on the attack from the get go and manage to score 2 in 10 minutes firstly putting the ball through to Berahino to get on the end of and then Suarez curling one into the top corner from just outside the box. The match is controlled by Twente and pretty much all of the chances go their way and in the second half Ljajic cuts inside and slips the ball into the back of the net to kill the game off.

Granada vs PAOK
(Kruse)

I was going to give a draw in this game with both teams going for it but I feel that with Viva asking Matic and Gerrard to sit on Xavi it will take one of the main controllers out of the game. I feel this game was tight instead because of this but in the end PAOK manage to sneak a win with Kruse breaking through in the 70th minute to take a chance nicely and score a winner. I like the approaches from the managers and feel that this will be an entertaining yet tight game as I said earlier.

Montpellier 1 vs 0 Palmero

(Sterling)

I feel that Palmero were good in this game but Montpellier were just better. Montpellier are such an organised team with concentrated tactics and the quality players to match. Clasie and Pirlo were the key players today as they were able to get on the ball and control the game having lots of possession in the process, the breakthrough came however when Sterling managed to cut inside and use his pace to get beyond the Palmero defence to win the game for Montpellier. I feel this happened because Palmero were focused on showing Montpellier down the line but when Sterling cut inside it was damaging to Palmero.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Week 11 Results. Empty Re: Week 11 Results.

Post by TwisT Sat 29 Nov 2014, 11:40 am

3-0 Wow Shocked

Any chance of seeing opponents tactics?

TwisT

Back to top Go down