We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by kingraf on Sat 29 Nov 2014, 8:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

You're both quite awful, but I wouldn't rule anybody out of anything yet. Liverpool are THIRTEENTH and they are just five points off a CL spot (although, they might give up on it this year, so they can make a run for it next year). The teams are just all so close this season, u don't think it would have even cleared up by Christmas (except Chelsea winning the league, they should be coronated by then). Citeh are basically trying the Suárez trick with Agüero, and while it's working at the moment, I'd say with his injury track record, the one with the thunder thighs is not someone you want to base your entire season around. If Agüero's out, Citeh struggle (hell, with Agüero in they've made heavy weather). I'd back both Utd and Arsenal to make it, but If Southampton can make it out of December still top five, I think it begins to get interesting
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16143
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 25
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down


We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Guest on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 5:33 pm

Rodgers is too stubborn to go & and it he needs help defensively & anyway, defensive coaches aren't necessarily going to fix anything. Just look at Bould at Arsenal, their still a shambles at the back.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Guest on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 5:37 pm

More accurately & being fair to Bould, he did improve things. Arsenal, when mounting that title charge were defensively sound when they had Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs & Sagn. Arsenal have just been unlocky with long term injuries & now an ageing & ducking obsessed Mertesacker. Bould did improve things, it's just now he working with players who aren't in right positions.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Liam on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 5:42 pm

Crimey wrote:I'd be looking for a loan deal for a keeper in January, more realistic and means that a new keeper can be found in the summer when teams are more likely to be selling. Cech would be ideal but appreciate Chelsea might not want to let him go to somebody in the Premier League and there may be more interest as soon as he becomes available. 

Don't want any more money thrown at central defenders, for me the personnel are not the main problem, it's their coaching. They are not being organised properly and Rodgers keeps trying to find a player to do it on the pitch when he would be better finding a coach to do it. As much as people do assert it, Skrtel, Lovren and Sakho are not bad defenders, all three have been very successful in the past, when they are coached well. Already spent £37 million on the two latter central defenders and it hasn't helped.

While signing a forward would be ideal, not sure if Benteke is really the answer, he's hardly been fantastic for Villa so far this season has just come back off a serious injury and would likely cost a lot. Bony is a possibility but I'm not sure he's the right fit right now, he's a very different kind of striker and I'm not sure it would work, he'd also cost a lot. I'm not sure who would be the best right now, but selling Balotelli would be the best start. I wouldn't even mind looking at cheap/loan deals for somebody like Defoe rather than spending over the odds in January for a striker.

Cech would be ideal but can't see Chelsea letting him go full stop until the summer.

For me, Skrtl I think get's rated because he chips in with a few goals. Defensively i've never rated him. Same with Sahko, he just looks so awkward and looks a mistake waiting to happen. Lovren had a good season at Southampton, so I feel he's just suffering a bad start which i'm sure he'll overcome. But I feel he needs someone along side him with real leadership. I don't think he's a natural leader of the back four.

I really rate Benteke. He's consistently scored goals in a poor Villa side, offers something different with his size and clearly wants to move on from Villa sooner rather than later.

Liam

Posts : 3574
Join date : 2011-08-09
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 6:32 pm

John wrote:More accurately & being fair to Bould, he did improve things. Arsenal, when mounting that title charge were defensively sound when they had Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs & Sagn. Arsenal have just been unlocky with long term injuries & now an ageing & ducking obsessed Mertesacker. Bould did improve things, it's just now he working with players who aren't in right positions.

My Arsenal supporting friends are reasonably sick of him, considered too much of a yes man. Funnily enough, the one they want is Henry but not because hes a legend, but because he was well known to stand up to and argue with Wenger when he thought he was wrong. In a way that still held mutual respect, but so much so that they think maybe he'll have an almost Dein like influence on him and bring back a bit of argument to Wenger's dealings

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23316
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 6:41 pm

West Ham will be signing 21 year old Canadian defender Doneil Henry. One to watch for a few years, coming in on the recommendation of Ryan Nelsen and some scout trips I believe

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23316
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by westisbest on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 7:27 pm

John wrote:Begovic £15m
Vlaar £8m-£10m
Benteke £25m

No chance happening, seeing as Villa would be commiting suicide selling those two & they've said they aren't for sale. Does signing a £15m keeper in January propel you to a top 4, not for me. Other areas need looking at that have a more significant impact.

I think Vlaar maybe off next month John.
We should get some money in jan than him going on a free in the summer.

No chance we will sell Tekkers next month.

westisbest

Posts : 7258
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by westisbest on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 7:32 pm

Liam wrote:
Crimey wrote:I'd be looking for a loan deal for a keeper in January, more realistic and means that a new keeper can be found in the summer when teams are more likely to be selling. Cech would be ideal but appreciate Chelsea might not want to let him go to somebody in the Premier League and there may be more interest as soon as he becomes available. 

Don't want any more money thrown at central defenders, for me the personnel are not the main problem, it's their coaching. They are not being organised properly and Rodgers keeps trying to find a player to do it on the pitch when he would be better finding a coach to do it. As much as people do assert it, Skrtel, Lovren and Sakho are not bad defenders, all three have been very successful in the past, when they are coached well. Already spent £37 million on the two latter central defenders and it hasn't helped.

While signing a forward would be ideal, not sure if Benteke is really the answer, he's hardly been fantastic for Villa so far this season has just come back off a serious injury and would likely cost a lot. Bony is a possibility but I'm not sure he's the right fit right now, he's a very different kind of striker and I'm not sure it would work, he'd also cost a lot. I'm not sure who would be the best right now, but selling Balotelli would be the best start. I wouldn't even mind looking at cheap/loan deals for somebody like Defoe rather than spending over the odds in January for a striker.

Cech would be ideal but can't see Chelsea letting him go full stop until the summer.

For me, Skrtl I think get's rated because he chips in with a few goals. Defensively i've never rated him. Same with Sahko, he just looks so awkward and looks a mistake waiting to happen. Lovren had a good season at Southampton, so I feel he's just suffering a bad start which i'm sure he'll overcome. But I feel he needs someone along side him with real leadership. I don't think he's a natural leader of the back four.

I really rate Benteke. He's consistently scored goals in a poor Villa side, offers something different with his size and clearly wants to move on from Villa sooner rather than later.

Where have you heard Benteke wants to move sooner than later?

Strange, cos noises coming out of Villa are that he is very happy where he is and loves the relationship with the fans.

westisbest

Posts : 7258
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 8:03 pm

Id keep Vlaar in Jan and lose him for free instead. He goes and you could lose some very key points

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23316
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by westisbest on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 8:13 pm

We have done ok without him last few matches.

Clarke and Okore have done well.

Having said that if we do sell him, Lambert will probably use some of the money on someone not as good as him, so keeping him could be good.

westisbest

Posts : 7258
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 8:20 pm

How that's not a sending off I'll never know.

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11658
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 25
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Ent on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 9:07 pm

westisbest wrote:
Liam wrote:
Crimey wrote:I'd be looking for a loan deal for a keeper in January, more realistic and means that a new keeper can be found in the summer when teams are more likely to be selling. Cech would be ideal but appreciate Chelsea might not want to let him go to somebody in the Premier League and there may be more interest as soon as he becomes available. 

Don't want any more money thrown at central defenders, for me the personnel are not the main problem, it's their coaching. They are not being organised properly and Rodgers keeps trying to find a player to do it on the pitch when he would be better finding a coach to do it. As much as people do assert it, Skrtel, Lovren and Sakho are not bad defenders, all three have been very successful in the past, when they are coached well. Already spent £37 million on the two latter central defenders and it hasn't helped.

While signing a forward would be ideal, not sure if Benteke is really the answer, he's hardly been fantastic for Villa so far this season has just come back off a serious injury and would likely cost a lot. Bony is a possibility but I'm not sure he's the right fit right now, he's a very different kind of striker and I'm not sure it would work, he'd also cost a lot. I'm not sure who would be the best right now, but selling Balotelli would be the best start. I wouldn't even mind looking at cheap/loan deals for somebody like Defoe rather than spending over the odds in January for a striker.

Cech would be ideal but can't see Chelsea letting him go full stop until the summer.

For me, Skrtl I think get's rated because he chips in with a few goals. Defensively i've never rated him. Same with Sahko, he just looks so awkward and looks a mistake waiting to happen. Lovren had a good season at Southampton, so I feel he's just suffering a bad start which i'm sure he'll overcome. But I feel he needs someone along side him with real leadership. I don't think he's a natural leader of the back four.

I really rate Benteke. He's consistently scored goals in a poor Villa side, offers something different with his size and clearly wants to move on from Villa sooner rather than later.

Where have you heard Benteke wants to move sooner than later?

Strange, cos noises coming out of Villa are that he is very happy where he is and loves the relationship with the fans.

What fans?

You get 15k more when a big side show up, they sit in silence unless they are booing the referee and are clueless.

Not to get personal but there isn't a pl side id want out of quicker than villa. As soon as anyone comes in for benteke he's gone.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Ent on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 9:13 pm

Someone should just smack Costa in the tunnel after a game, he is such an absolute ball bag during games it's clear he's never been sorted out properly.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by kingraf on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 9:17 pm

You think no one has tried?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16143
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 25
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 9:30 pm

I'm pretty sure Costa can handle himself.

Nonsense on Villa btw Ent. Proper club Villa, QPR, Hull and Sunderland can all naff off first, and West Brom too (sorry Mat). Leicester is a bit of a meaningless bowl too. Not a huge fan of Palace under Warnock either

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23316
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by westisbest on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 9:32 pm

Ent wrote:
westisbest wrote:
Liam wrote:
Crimey wrote:I'd be looking for a loan deal for a keeper in January, more realistic and means that a new keeper can be found in the summer when teams are more likely to be selling. Cech would be ideal but appreciate Chelsea might not want to let him go to somebody in the Premier League and there may be more interest as soon as he becomes available. 

Don't want any more money thrown at central defenders, for me the personnel are not the main problem, it's their coaching. They are not being organised properly and Rodgers keeps trying to find a player to do it on the pitch when he would be better finding a coach to do it. As much as people do assert it, Skrtel, Lovren and Sakho are not bad defenders, all three have been very successful in the past, when they are coached well. Already spent £37 million on the two latter central defenders and it hasn't helped.

While signing a forward would be ideal, not sure if Benteke is really the answer, he's hardly been fantastic for Villa so far this season has just come back off a serious injury and would likely cost a lot. Bony is a possibility but I'm not sure he's the right fit right now, he's a very different kind of striker and I'm not sure it would work, he'd also cost a lot. I'm not sure who would be the best right now, but selling Balotelli would be the best start. I wouldn't even mind looking at cheap/loan deals for somebody like Defoe rather than spending over the odds in January for a striker.

Cech would be ideal but can't see Chelsea letting him go full stop until the summer.

For me, Skrtl I think get's rated because he chips in with a few goals. Defensively i've never rated him. Same with Sahko, he just looks so awkward and looks a mistake waiting to happen. Lovren had a good season at Southampton, so I feel he's just suffering a bad start which i'm sure he'll overcome. But I feel he needs someone along side him with real leadership. I don't think he's a natural leader of the back four.

I really rate Benteke. He's consistently scored goals in a poor Villa side, offers something different with his size and clearly wants to move on from Villa sooner rather than later.

Where have you heard Benteke wants to move sooner than later?

Strange, cos noises coming out of Villa are that he is very happy where he is and loves the relationship with the fans.

What fans?

You get 15k more when a big side show up, they sit in silence unless they are booing the referee and are clueless.

Not to get personal but there isn't a pl side id want out of quicker than villa. As soon as anyone comes in for benteke he's gone.

Trust me, I'm not bothered. there maybe a few fans like you. Think its quite funny/ sad that someone would want a team out of the prem.

We actually have a big fan base, but the fans are fed up with the football, the manager and the board, so are voting with their feet.
Cant say that Utd fans are very vocal at OT.

Spurs wanted Benteke, but the price tag was to high.

westisbest

Posts : 7258
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 9:42 pm

John Obi Mikel has been outstanding tonight.

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11658
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 25
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 9:44 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:John Obi Mikel has been outstanding tonight.

Said no one ever...Matic has been so much better again

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23316
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Ent on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 9:53 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'm pretty sure Costa can handle himself.

Nonsense on Villa btw Ent. Proper club Villa, QPR, Hull and Sunderland can all naff off first, and West Brom too (sorry Mat). Leicester is a bit of a meaningless bowl too. Not a huge fan of Palace under Warnock either

Last 3 home games.

Burnley 25,312
Leicester 27, 692
Man Utd 41,273

Please get relegated villa, please.

Sunderlands minimum attendance was 40,799 last year - at least they turn up.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Ent on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 9:57 pm

westisbest wrote:
Ent wrote:
westisbest wrote:
Liam wrote:
Crimey wrote:I'd be looking for a loan deal for a keeper in January, more realistic and means that a new keeper can be found in the summer when teams are more likely to be selling. Cech would be ideal but appreciate Chelsea might not want to let him go to somebody in the Premier League and there may be more interest as soon as he becomes available. 

Don't want any more money thrown at central defenders, for me the personnel are not the main problem, it's their coaching. They are not being organised properly and Rodgers keeps trying to find a player to do it on the pitch when he would be better finding a coach to do it. As much as people do assert it, Skrtel, Lovren and Sakho are not bad defenders, all three have been very successful in the past, when they are coached well. Already spent £37 million on the two latter central defenders and it hasn't helped.

While signing a forward would be ideal, not sure if Benteke is really the answer, he's hardly been fantastic for Villa so far this season has just come back off a serious injury and would likely cost a lot. Bony is a possibility but I'm not sure he's the right fit right now, he's a very different kind of striker and I'm not sure it would work, he'd also cost a lot. I'm not sure who would be the best right now, but selling Balotelli would be the best start. I wouldn't even mind looking at cheap/loan deals for somebody like Defoe rather than spending over the odds in January for a striker.

Cech would be ideal but can't see Chelsea letting him go full stop until the summer.

For me, Skrtl I think get's rated because he chips in with a few goals. Defensively i've never rated him. Same with Sahko, he just looks so awkward and looks a mistake waiting to happen. Lovren had a good season at Southampton, so I feel he's just suffering a bad start which i'm sure he'll overcome. But I feel he needs someone along side him with real leadership. I don't think he's a natural leader of the back four.

I really rate Benteke. He's consistently scored goals in a poor Villa side, offers something different with his size and clearly wants to move on from Villa sooner rather than later.

Where have you heard Benteke wants to move sooner than later?

Strange, cos noises coming out of Villa are that he is very happy where he is and loves the relationship with the fans.

What fans?

You get 15k more when a big side show up, they sit in silence unless they are booing the referee and are clueless.

Not to get personal but there isn't a pl side id want out of quicker than villa. As soon as anyone comes in for benteke he's gone.

Trust me, I'm not bothered. there maybe a few fans like you. Think its quite funny/ sad that someone would want a team out of the prem.

We actually have a big fan base, but the fans are fed up with the football, the manager and the board, so are voting with their feet.
Cant say that Utd fans are very vocal at OT.

Spurs wanted Benteke, but the price tag was to high.

The fans must have been fed up for decades as they only turn up when they play the big boys- the biggest glory hunters in the league.

Honestly ever present in the billions generated by the pl and have never done anything. The biggest club in England's second biggest city pullig 25k attendances. Time for someone else to have a go.

Spurs spunk money at anything doubt they balked at benteke.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by westisbest on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 10:00 pm

Why does it bother you if other fans from clubs turn up.
Just seems a bit strange to me.
Eg, I couldn't care less if say if Leicester get 10,000 every home game.
Not a concern to.me.
Glad we're on your mind:)
Also sorry Ent, but we ain't going anywhere.

westisbest

Posts : 7258
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Ent on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 10:05 pm

Interested in the pl as a whole.

Want it to be te beat league in the world.

Ideally would see the 20 biggest clubs in the pl and hopeong term teams backed by big attendances and finances would raise the standards beyond what we've ever seen. I mean germany are amazing with one good side, Spain with 3. Imagine what england could achieve if the sides with 40k plus attendances pushed on.

Villa however dent my confidence in my wishes, just absolutely frim in all aspects. "We support our local team" when you can be arsed to turn up.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by westisbest on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 10:14 pm

If we had a full house at VP every week it would be great.
If fans don't want to turn up because the football is poor, don't like manager/board etc thats no bother to me.
Can understand the frustration.

Have seen us play a few times this season and its been pretty poor.

Its just the way some fans are and not just Villa fans.

westisbest

Posts : 7258
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 10:20 pm

Tbf to Villa fans if I had to pay to watch Gabby Agbonlahor every week I'd lose the will after time too
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47119
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by westisbest on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 10:24 pm

Ha, good ole Gabby.
Speaking of Gabby, think Ent might still be bitter about the tackle on Young Whistle

westisbest

Posts : 7258
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 10:24 pm

You're talking about a reasonably poor area who have very little to get behind and havent for a good while. Its not even that they arent achieving, they are giving very little for the fans to feel like getting behind. No money, poor performances against teams around them, an owner with no interest, a manager a good lot dont want.

Its just another one of those things a Man United fan would find hard to understand


Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23316
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by westisbest on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 10:25 pm

Olly wrote:Tbf to Villa fans if I had to pay to watch Gabby Agbonlahor every week I'd lose the will after time too
No substitute for pace olly:D Wink

westisbest

Posts : 7258
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 10:26 pm

westisbest wrote:
Olly wrote:Tbf to Villa fans if I had to pay to watch Gabby Agbonlahor every week I'd lose the will after time too
No substitute for pace olly:D Wink  
CAMJAM and Gabby = ultimate partnership
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47119
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Derbymanc on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 11:15 pm

Ent wrote:Interested in the pl as a whole.

Want it to be te beat league in the world.

Ideally would see the 20 biggest clubs in the pl and hopeong term teams backed by big attendances and finances would raise the standards beyond what we've ever seen. I mean germany are amazing with one good side, Spain with 3. Imagine what england could achieve if the sides with 40k plus attendances pushed on.

Villa however dent my confidence in my wishes, just absolutely frim in all aspects. "We support our local team" when you can be arsed to turn up.

This would make no difference as the top sides would still be payind stupid amounts for overseas players.
I'd prefer to see some rules come in to make the playing field a bit fairer, at the moment the 'bigger' clubs really get to cause the shots a bit more.
And you'd never have 20 or so clubs with 40k plus average attendances. It'd be the same sad structure it is now. top 4/5 same teams everytime with the rest fighting for scraps.

Derbymanc

Posts : 3848
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Mat on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 11:25 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'm pretty sure Costa can handle himself.

Nonsense on Villa btw Ent. Proper club Villa, QPR, Hull and Sunderland can all naff off first, and West Brom too (sorry Mat). Leicester is a bit of a meaningless bowl too. Not a huge fan of Palace under Warnock either

First Foster, now this. Me and you are going to have a falling out soon!

What's a proper club by the way? Genuinely interested as to what requirements need to be met to be considered a proper club. Do you have to play in claret and blue or something? Wink

Mat
6CW Creative

Posts : 4736
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 26
Location : Malvern

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 12:12 am

I think its probably just my mockney use of pwopa. I think its the feeling of heritage and, rightly or wrongly, Villa Park will always feel like a ground of "pwopa" club due to the old FA Cup semis. It would be nice not to have Villa and Burnley mucking up the claret stuff, I've never liked a Villa kit, they always look like knock off West Ham kits you'd buy on a Greek island market.

I just never feel like WBA ever have any ambition, well maybe not ambition, but any plan to be anything more than they are. Not as bad as Boro, who I used to hate when they got to 40 points then basically went on holiday till the end of the season. It just kinda seems like things may never get better than when Hodgson was about. I dont dislike Albion as such, it might be that I don't really notice them.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23316
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Ent on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 1:09 am

Mat wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'm pretty sure Costa can handle himself.

Nonsense on Villa btw Ent. Proper club Villa, QPR, Hull and Sunderland can all naff off first, and West Brom too (sorry Mat). Leicester is a bit of a meaningless bowl too. Not a huge fan of Palace under Warnock either

First Foster, now this. Me and you are going to have a falling out soon!

What's a proper club by the way? Genuinely interested as to what requirements need to be met to be considered a proper club. Do you have to play in claret and blue or something? Wink

Being old and knocking about for a while.

Never mind you drum up 15k extra fans for when United/chelsea/arsebal come to town.

I'm from ni, top level football doesn't exist and their are heavy sectarian connotations with attending local grounds.

I attend pl football whenever I can, I've been to blackburn and Wigan for home games.

I just do not understand how in a city of 1 million people, the major clu can only pull in 25k unless the big boys are playing - it's glory hunting.

For context ni has a population of 1 million people, belfast about 300k, the Linfield
Glentoran match will get about 5k people on Boxing Day for atrocious football.

I pay more than the price of a season ticket to go twice a year yet these retards at villa park turn up to a half empty ground, chant we support our local team for 90 seconds then boo the referee for the rest of the game. Please just go.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by westisbest on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 2:50 am

Grow up ent ffs. Retards. Really.

You support a team that is used to winning every week, every other week.
Used to dominating the league. You will have fans turn up.
Also look at the size of Utd. World wide fan base.

As it has been pointed out, we don't play good football. A manager fans are not happy with. A chairman who doesn't give a damn. Etc.
Can understand the frustration.
Me personally, if I was still up in the midlands I would go more often.

Your sounding like a little child.
Don't like Villa, they don't sell out every week.
Please go, pweese.
Rather you have the issue than me.

Sing for 90 seconds and boo the ref all game.
Your getting comical now mate.

As far as glory hunters go. Are you not one yourself?
Your from NI but support Utd.

westisbest

Posts : 7258
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Ent on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 3:25 am

Villa have always been like this, you can look back over 20 years for attendances and see a 25% plus Rise when a decent side comes to town. It's pathetic.

You can fill the ground but a huge number of people just decide they can't be arsed then turn up and boo the red for poor decisions - worst club/fans in the pl bar none.

About time they disappeared - after all 15k fans will just go elsewhere.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by westisbest on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 3:47 am

Fair enough your opinion
Rather it be your issue than mine.

westisbest

Posts : 7258
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Hulking_up on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 8:23 am

Stella wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:
Stella wrote:
John wrote:Watching Alnwick is unbearable

Got lucky with the corner.

Forgive my ignorance, but what was the round of applause for? It came in the 34th minute, if that helps.

was it not for those couple of fans who died?

May have been, yes.
I thought that was the 17th min for MH17?
I don't know what the 34th was for.

Hulking_up

Posts : 530
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by mystiroakey on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 9:56 am

Ent wrote:
Mat wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'm pretty sure Costa can handle himself.

Nonsense on Villa btw Ent. Proper club Villa, QPR, Hull and Sunderland can all naff off first, and West Brom too (sorry Mat). Leicester is a bit of a meaningless bowl too. Not a huge fan of Palace under Warnock either

First Foster, now this. Me and you are going to have a falling out soon!

What's a proper club by the way? Genuinely interested as to what requirements need to be met to be considered a proper club. Do you have to play in claret and blue or something? Wink

Being old and knocking about for a while.

Never mind you drum up 15k extra fans for when United/chelsea/arsebal come to town.

I'm from ni, top level football doesn't exist and their are heavy sectarian connotations with attending local grounds.

I attend pl football whenever I can, I've been to blackburn and Wigan for home games.

I just do not understand how in a city of 1 million people, the major clu can only pull in 25k unless the big boys are playing - it's glory hunting.

For context ni has a population of 1 million people, belfast about 300k, the Linfield
Glentoran match will get about 5k people on Boxing Day for atrocious football.

I pay more than the price of a season ticket to go twice a year yet these retards at villa park turn up to a half empty ground, chant we support our local team for 90 seconds then boo the referee for the rest of the game. Please just go.

wtf is wrong with you? are you evil santa

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 3181402168 leave dem poor midlander's alone.. I wish we had a bigger stadium so you could have a pop at us for not getting enough fans in.

and the population of NI is double your estimate and Birmingham (the city) are more likely to support Birmingham these days.

and fieck going to a football game on boxing day- how are you supposed to see the other side of the family? Its the only time of the year.

i would happily support a winter break.






mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 42
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by mystiroakey on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 9:58 am

"Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
I'm pretty sure Costa can handle himself.

Nonsense on Villa btw Ent. Proper club Villa, QPR, Hull and Sunderland can all naff off first, and West Brom too (sorry Mat). Leicester is a bit of a meaningless bowl too. Not a huge fan of Palace under Warnock either"

and you can sod of an all.. like anyone could have a pop at palace's support.. only some one that doesnt pay attention..


mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 42
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Guest on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 10:12 am

Ho, Ho, Hostilities all round We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 3845856932

Westy, just ignore Ent. He's a comedian.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by mystiroakey on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 10:44 am

Comedian?

I think we all know him long enough to know he just can be a grumpy so and so.

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 42
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Guest on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 12:04 pm

Mysti, my chrimbo gift to you:

Fabregas has made more assists in 16 Premier League games for Chelsea than Wilshere has done in his entire Arsenal career.

Enjoy! Run

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by mystiroakey on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 12:18 pm

I care so little that I am not going to even fact check it you grumpy clown.

Happy Christmas anyway.

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 42
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Guest on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 12:26 pm

Hug

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by mystiroakey on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 12:32 pm

Same goes. This stoopid nokia windows phone I have wont let me do an emoji. I smashed my Sony last week...

Note to everyone. Don't go windows...

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 42
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by westisbest on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 12:35 pm

Merry xmas to you Freek and you mysti.

westisbest

Posts : 7258
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by mystiroakey on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 1:02 pm

Happy xmass bud.


mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 42
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Guest on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 1:04 pm

westisbest wrote:Merry xmas to you Freek and you mysti.

Have a good one, Westy OK

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Guest on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 1:54 pm

Just heard on the radio that West Ham have never sold a player to Arsenal.

Staggering, that.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by westisbest on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 2:21 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Same goes. This stoopid nokia windows phone I have wont let me do an emoji. I smashed my Sony last week...

Note to everyone. Don't go windows...

I have one of those.

The screen froze on minethe other week.
Have a new one.

I dont think they are to bad.
Not a fan of the i phone.

westisbest

Posts : 7258
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by mystiroakey on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 2:43 pm

I like the camera. It really is good. But I prefer android.

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 42
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Fernando on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 4:08 pm

Agbonlahor has red card rescinded unsurprisingly...

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 36438
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 28
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum