Osbourne's Autumn masterstroke - Has he just won 2015 ??

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Osbourne's Autumn masterstroke - Has he just won 2015 ?? Empty Osbourne's Autumn masterstroke - Has he just won 2015 ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 2:27 pm

Well received.....Stamp duty was a masterstroke.....and he managed to put growth and borrowing on the middle pages and pretty much out of view....In the last year or so this smug little scumbag has unfortunately shown his skill as a political operator....Yep it's a highly political "Statement" but it hits the right spot in terms of middle ground aspiration!!

Is it a game changer or are minds already fixed in terms of voting ??..

I think it's a game changer !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Osbourne's Autumn masterstroke - Has he just won 2015 ?? Empty Re: Osbourne's Autumn masterstroke - Has he just won 2015 ??

Post by Rowley on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 2:43 pm

Whilst I am still not convinced they have enough support to get a majority cannot see anything but a Tory win next year. As you have said Osbourne delivered a statement that will play well this week. However the more I look at it the less I see the tories having to win it, think they just need to not do anything dumb and let Labour lose it. I am a lifelong Labour voter, but they are a disaster at the minute. Dearly wish this was not the case, but post Blair politics has become ridiculously image based and Miliband is a disaster, he makes Kinnock look statesman like. The bloke can’t even do something nice like giving money to a homeless person without making an arse of it.

Also the party seem genuinely devoid of an identity. Obviously the subject of immigration is pretty close to me and Labour are completely screwing that up. Leave the tories to try and out UKIP UKIP. Wish he would show some balls on at least one issue and try and find his own path or argue from a different perspective. Suspect he would get a boost in popularity from just having the courage of his convictions. He might just find that not everyone wants to build a wall round the country and that there are sufficient people outside London who are not feeling the effects of our supposed economic turnaround (yes, there are some people outside of London, and yes some of us are entitled to vote, and arsed to do so)

There is no debate about the election now for me other than will the Tories get sufficient numbers for an actual majority. If I thought for a split second there would be a candidate on the ballot paper in Rotherham I would vote Green. At least they stand for something.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Osbourne's Autumn masterstroke - Has he just won 2015 ?? Empty Re: Osbourne's Autumn masterstroke - Has he just won 2015 ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 2:54 pm

Absolutely excellent post......and I couldn't agree more !!

I've been toying with voting Green for a while....Though I'll probably hold my nose and vote Labour..

Though I'm the only one in my family that will.....

The big problem for Labour is it doesn't know who it's supporters are..

I fear it'll bite them in the butt..

You hit the nail on the head Mate

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 3:02 pm

I caught Yvette Cooper on Newsnight the other week and she was going through Labours big plans for immigration and EU migration. She had two ideas, both of which would need us either completely leaving the EU or getting a Europe wide agreement to redraft the reciprochal agreements that exist between the countries signed up. The first they are not proposing, the second they won't get. Brilliant!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 3:18 pm

UKIP is spooking them.....As they think the Labour vote that his drifted there spends 24 hours a day thinking about immigration !!

Reality is they are protesting because Labour doesn't seem to offer them anything these days. I think Miliband does care but he is woeful at getting this across..

Like you I'll be surprised If Cameron doesn't become PM again though he may be a few short of a majority.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 3:19 pm

Well I won't be voting...Again.

Not sure I would call it a masterstroke. As for the employment figures I take them with a pinch of salt, given that all the jobs in my industry are temp contracts and have been for nearly 18 months.

Looking at the savings targets they have set the local councils down here post 2015 is just insanity.

Stamp Duty could be a little vote snatcher, though I am out of touch with the buying schemes available to first time buyers and what have you.

The thing that frustrates me the most about Labour is similar when the Tories were in power in the 80's. Scoffed at all the privatisation that took place and what did they do to reverse it in the 90's? Nothing. The same is happening again. They oppose all the cuts the Tories have made and if they get into power again, will they undo all these cuts? Of course not! As Rowley pointed out, they really struggling for an identity the voters can connect with. Down here in the South most of the people I speak with are fed up with the Tories, but the alternative doesn't fill them with much hope either.

As for the Greens? I have them here in Brighton and they couldn't run a bath. The funny thing is they have failed on their recycling and environmental targets Laugh oh and they are trying to vote in a 6% council tax hike! Just a bunch of useless handshufflers!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 3:26 pm

Mili-Bland is so inept that Boris Johnson could stand naked atop Buckingham Palace screaming obscenities about Johnny Foreigners and bloody women being let out of the bedroom to do things other than be chained to the kitchen sink and STILL be deemed more popular than dear ol' D!ck Ed.

The reduction in stamp duty sounds great but the reality for first time buyers is that they're still going to have to stump up somewhere in the region of £30k to stand a chance of getting anything decent.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 3:30 pm

Perception is everything in Politics though isn't it !!

Though you make good points...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 3:30 pm

I don't doubt a word you say about the Greens legend, but I am at a loss as to who elese to vote for. I believe passionately you should vote, hell I even vote in police complaint commissioner elections! I grew up in a mining village, so won't vote tory, not now, not ever. Liberals can for the time being go F*** themselves after their U turn on tuition fees, UKIP are just the BNP with a better image consultant, which leaves Labour. I live in Rotherham, in the last two years we have had the paedo scandal and our previous long standing MP Dennis McShane was sent to prison for fiddling his expenses. Voting for them really does prove the old adage that you can stick a red rossette on a donkey round here and they would get in.

As the independents on the ballot round here tend to be people or parties who left the BNP over how moderate they were the Greens if nothing else represent a protest vote that does not make you feel like you need a shower after you have ticked the box.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 3:36 pm

Let's be honest Brighton isn't too indicative....As there are plenty of crap Con/Lab councils throughout the Country..

But I get legend's points...

I just worry without the constraints of coalition what these guys may do..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 3:49 pm

That's the thing Rowley. Who is the alternative? I know people get annoyed with me being a non-voter, but it would be a wasted vote. There wouldn't be any conviction or belief behind it.

We had Labour down here, to be fair they didn't do a bad job, they were just attributed to the failings of Labour nationally and people went along with it.

Immigration is like a dirty word and neither Tories or Labour want to lay the hammer down. The thing is with UKIP is that yes it's great they want to have the UK stand alone as it's own entity, but I don't have the confidence in them to run a country and meet all of it's operational needs. I don't doubt they wouldn't be scared of making tough decisions, but where would that leave the UK in general?

The thing that annoyed me the most about the Tories was the billions squandered to close loopholes in the welfare system which IIRC is around £12 billion and yet they invest next to nothing in closing in on the £40 billion owed in taxes!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 3:55 pm

So you are basically a Ukiper but haven't got the confidence in them to run the Country..

I'll be voting Labour with the same reservations..

You should vote Mate

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 3:59 pm

Nah not a UKIPer.

More un-decided. There are plenty of months to run to the GE so I shall see what transpires.

I would like to utilise my right to vote. Should at least try it once like with anything Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 4:04 pm

Yep I've just crossed off number 44 on my list of trying anything once..

45. Sleeping with my Wife..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 4:39 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Yep I've just crossed off number 44 on my list of trying anything once..

45. Sleeping with my Wife..
We've all ticked that box TRUSSY...she gets my vote...even though she's red!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 4:49 pm

Sure it can still be picked apart (haven't read entire thread to see who has...!!) but SDLT reform is massive and SO needed - a hell of a delivery and plays to those who want the rich hit harder to the benefit of the less affluent (famed 'squeezed middle' should benefit the most).

Don't think he pushed growth to the middle pages though, was front and centre as it is, again, a massive shouting point for this Government, along with employment. Fastest growing G7 economy and upwardly revised growth estimates? That's great news!! Especially as it's not been driven by fragile/transient things like consumer borrowing, public sector over-spend etc.

Just my initial thoughts........

(NB: still reckon we're on for a hung parliament tho)

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 5:18 pm

OBR predicts the recovery is stalling....Latest growth figures are disappointing (Down on projection) and borrowing is going up..

Just to put Toppy's post in perspective...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 5:41 pm

False.

See below from Beeb:

"K fastest growing economy in the G7

3% growth forecast in 2014, up from 2.7% predicted in March

2.4% growth forecast in 2015, followed by 2.2%, 2.4%, 2.3% and 2.3% in the following four years

500,000 new jobs created this year. 85% of new jobs full-time

Unemployment set to fall to 5.4% in 2015

Inflation predicted to be 1.5% in 2014, falling to 1.2% in 2015"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30307528

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 6:02 pm

Anyone worried about the deep cuts that are yet to be spelled out?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 6:08 pm

Nope, as I'm pro-cuts and pro-small government.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 7:03 pm

Any replies from someone who isnt a corporate slut?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 7:11 pm

Twas absolutely hilarious to watch Ed Balls abuse the Conservative front-bench for failing to completely deal with a mess left by the inept Labour government.

Thankfully, for the good of Britain as a whole, Labour are finished as a political party. They have nothing of any substance to offer the country any more, and they cannot be trusted on immigration or the economy. Ed Miliband is clueless. Just who are Labour's core support these days?

SNP will chip away in Scotland, UKIP (the party who are supposedly "just the BNP" despite having, amongst others, a Pakistani MEP!) likewise in the north of England, and Labour shall never maintain a challenge in southern England.

Conservative victory in 2015, owed heavily to a competent Chancellor.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 7:28 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Any replies from someone who isnt a corporate slut?

Laugh Cool ..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 11:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Laugh Cool ..

I'll have to second that one.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 8:09 am

trottb wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Laugh Cool ..

Why to both of them quotes?
Is he wrong? is the info he posted wrong?
Looks like your just not happy with someone who doesn't agree with your way of thinking.

I didn't really see any major benefits to the man on the street so to speak so have ignored this one. No idea who to vote for in the GE now as none of them are sounding great, and with Farage saying that 100K a year isn't enough (not the first time he's come out with that,) UKIP can stick it up their arris too.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 8:54 am

Laugh clap thumbsup

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 8:56 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Anyone worried about the deep cuts that are yet to be spelled out?

I guess it depends on the geographical area you are based in. I know the NHS are £2 billion behind the 'efficiency savings' (have to laugh at that term) and hence have deployed a task force to get those savings in by the end of this financial year which they have absolutely no chance of. The area I live in well the 3 main acute hospital trusts combined are currently trying to cut their defecits which run into nearly £70M. It's worrying as they are now being forced into a position of selling all their fixed assets and really scale back on the level of care they provide and consider cutting services. Quite shocking for the 21st century. The 2 councils have been set the target of £190M to save by 2020. So there is no end to the pain in sight.

I know it is a dirty word, but 'privatisation' is becoming more and more the favoured option for public services. Now my experiences of these arrangements within the public sector when it comes to outsourcing these contracts is one of despair. Purely because the whole process is rigid and offers no flexibility. You tender for the absolute bare minimum because of cost and when the contractor delivers the absolute bare minimum and less it becomes one big nightmare over legality and who is in the wrong and most of the time both parties terminate the contract and your back at square one again. Directors and CEO's want a Rolls Royce service for absolutely nothing! Doesn't work that way.

It's great that all the parties agree that the NHS needs more investment, however the NHS is not and never will be a financial sustainable model. I think the NHS Trust in Hinchinbrooke is currently run by a private provider and they are dying to offload it as it is sucking money from their pockets. Private healthcare might not be the way forward. The only perk about Private Healthcare is not having to wait. Most of the doctors and surgeons are NHS anyway. If people knew how much they were paying for an op with items used, you would want to nuke these private sector health providers!

I do feel for the Tories. It was going to be one hellashish mess they came into and if it wasn't them it would've been another party taking the brunt of this criticism. The Tories good at saving money, not so great at spending it. Labour just the reverse of that. I know Cameron was a fan of Canada of the late 80's/90's where they literally put a spending cap on everything and in the end they were able to turn the tide.

Population growth for me is the big concern as that influences everything. It will take more than just closing the borders to impact on it. Me, I would do away with Child Benefit. Maybe then we would see more closed legs and belts kept fastened!

I think back in 2010 I saw a documentary that showed the UK's total debt was £4.2 trillion! I shudder to think what it is now. They said if everyone in the country had to pay it off, the average portion of that the debt to the person would be £30k! It's frightening.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 9:03 am

Derbymanc wrote:
trottb wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Laugh Cool ..

Why to both of them quotes?
Is he wrong? is the info he posted wrong?
Looks like your just not happy with someone who doesn't agree with your way of thinking.

I didn't really see any major benefits to the man on the street so to speak so have ignored this one. No idea who to vote for in the GE now as none of them are sounding great, and with Farage saying that 100K a year isn't enough (not the first time he's come out with that,) UKIP can stick it up their arris too.

Thanks Derby. C'mon guys, does it matter that we don't all think the same? Surely that's a good thing...? Why can't we all just get along...... Hug

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 9:25 am

I don't mind getting along, but just stating 'ha ha ha, your wrong' doesn't help anyone (especially someone like me who is trying to understand the budget bits :-)

To answer LV2, I can see where your coming from but cutting child benefit will make the situation at the moment worse. I'm currently on the bones of my arris due to rising living costs and only a minimum wage rise, there's people that are a lot worse off, so all you'll do is have them digging a deeper hole. I would say it does need amending though as there's no reason people can't use more birth control.

The NHS is a bloated machine at the minute and I do think we need (as a country) to look at new ways of doing things and possibly charging for some things. (Maybe, i haven't properly thought it through.)

As for contracts, I seem to see it the other way with companies getting ridiculously easy terms in them with little to no punishments for either providing sub standard gear or charging an absolute fortune (Seriously, why are some departments being charged an absolute fortune for computer gear you pick up off the shelf for aobut 10 times less (450 quid for a mouse is my current gripe.)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:10 am

Companies don't get easy terms. The problem starts when the service overlooks little details on how the service needs to be provided and thus with the pressure from the gods above set out the most minimal service. On that basis the company tenders for the service word for word. Once that is agreed and accepted, it's not the company's fault that they provide the service which was asked of them. You don't find that the company is ever in breach of contract. It is the service owner who doesn't understand the service they need in the first place which makes the contract on a whole worthless and devoid of any value.

However, not all contracts are bad. There are some where the company agrees fixed pricing for a set period (which in long service contracts is lunacy) and find after year 2 they need to increase the price because of RPI and other costs. In the end they default on the contract, the organisation gets some compensation, but given the expense of the process is starts all over again and consumes money.

Take PFI's. The government will lease the crap out of buildings. They don't want to own the properties as that opens up all manners of additional costs. Down here we have a 30 year lease on the new Childrens Hospital. I can guarantee when that lease runs out and the ownership transfers to the government, we will kick it back out to a private provider.

In terms of Child Benefit, yes Derby it seems extreme, but in a way there's such a huge reliance on the state to help those. I am not knocking the poor at all. I do think the reliance needs to be eased though. At some stage you have to say no. There is a huge gap in wealth and it's not spread evenly. For example I was contacted about a job which was based in 2 locations. Leeds or London and yet if you chose to be based in London you would earn £4K a year more!

The one good thing the UK has going for it is the tax rate. I think in France for high earners and the rich the rate is 75%! Hence why some of the French investors are coming to our shores. God knows we need some form of industry and we need to stop being a service one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:33 am

We'll have to agree to disagree on the companies one LV, I've known any contract where the item can come back in a worse condition than when it was sent in to be fixed and the company has to pay again to get it fixed again.

I didn't think you were knocking the poor and I completely 100 percent agree that the reliance on the state needs to be eased. (I'd put a cap on child benifit after the second child, two mistakes is enough (that would also make me inelegible but we all have to take the rought with the smooth.) I don't think we'll ever really bridge the gap between costs in the North and the South. I have absolutely no idea at all on how to even start that one.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:54 am

Well the Tories are hoping the HS2 will help transfer some of the more skilled workers from North Southbound and vice versa. I know they were looking at trying to distrubute some of the wealth and work more northwards, being that the South thrives with the financial services being heavily based in London. I don't know how to even begin to bridge the gap.

I won't see any major changes in my lifetime that's for sure. Just hope that the future generations don't endure any suffering.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 11:23 am

Problem with hitting child benefit is you'll get attacked with the age old defence of "but think of the children".

That's why benefit reform is so tricky.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 11:26 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:Well the Tories are hoping the HS2 will help transfer some of the more skilled workers from North Southbound and vice versa. I know they were looking at trying to distrubute some of the wealth and work more northwards, being that the South thrives with the financial services being heavily based in London. I don't know how to even begin to bridge the gap.

There's meant to be another big push for moving civil servants out of London/SE (as there was following the Gershon/Lyons' reviews) which is a good thing. Civil Servant salaries are very good outside of the London market therefore it should help stem brain drain for the North and aid prosperity and distribution of wealth.

HS2 should assist in this also - if civil servants complain about access to Westminster, have a super-speedy rail link will help quash that argument.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 11:32 am

HS2 Is a joke.......The money wasted is ridiculous....I agree with Prescott just a vanity project !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 11:39 am

Ok, let's do nothing to tackle the north-south divide then.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 11:44 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:Well the Tories are hoping the HS2 will help transfer some of the more skilled workers from North Southbound and vice versa. I know they were looking at trying to distrubute some of the wealth and work more northwards, being that the South thrives with the financial services being heavily based in London. I don't know how to even begin to bridge the gap.

There's meant to be another big push for moving civil servants out of London/SE (as there was following the Gershon/Lyons' reviews) which is a good thing.  Civil Servant salaries are very good outside of the London market therefore it should help stem brain drain for the North and aid prosperity and distribution of wealth.

HS2 should assist in this also - if civil servants complain about access to Westminster, have a super-speedy rail link will help quash that argument.

I just hope that HS2 is affordable to all and that service isn't run down the toilet. It could prove to open the doors to all workers.

I did try commuting to London and gave up in the end. The service I used never ran on time and the fact ticket prices were going up 4% each year just pi$$ed me off. There used to be 2 lines that could run from the south to London and they closed one of them back in the 60's and never replaced it. Never understood that decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 11:53 am

Where are you based now, Legend?

I live & work in London and imagine when I move away it will only be to home counties.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 12:00 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Ok, j JD let's do nothing to tackle the north-south divide then.....

Yep coming from the North Prescott wouldn't want that would he ??

Waste of money..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 12:05 pm

That's a complaint, not a solution though.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 12:08 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Where are you based now, Legend?

I live & work in London and imagine when I move away it will only be to home counties.

I am based in Brighton, but I am looking to move out as the city is turning into a circus with silly speed restrictions and one lane traffic on main roads. It's beyond insanity! Hoping to find a property in Mid-Sussex. At the moment I am in talks about starting a job with Sussex University. Just hammering out pay details and perks. Be a right Clunge fest Laugh

I started working in London in September last year and the trains were painful! The so called express trains were anything but and the journey home was frustating as I would train from Vauxhall to Clapham Junction and most of the Brighton trains got cancelled and that effectively killed my day stone dead. Trying to get to London Victoria from Vauxhall in time for that train was knife edge. I would have about 3 minutes to get from the Southbound Platform on the Underground to the platforms for the Southern Trains. It was a real test of my ar$ehole dodging skills, but was a guaranteed train to Brighton, whereas Clapham wasn't. I put up with that for 4 months before working in Eastbourne and that in itself was a painful drive as all traffic got diverted to my route because of road works! It would take an hour to get home, which was only about 20 minutes short of the train to and from London.

The Uni is about 10 minutes from where I live at the moment. Means I could walk it no time and no worry about being stuck in a car or bus.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 12:12 pm

Yeh, my work colleague has just had to move home for a few weeks, near Hastings somewhere, and is commute is 2hrs20mins!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 12:15 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:That's a complaint, not a solution though.

HS2 is only a solution to the ignorant down South....Then again as Northern Councils are cutting jobs and services because of lack of funding...HS2 may replace some of them..

Jam tomorrow is no solution for hard up families today..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 12:17 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Yeh, my work colleague has just had to move home for a few weeks, near Hastings somewhere, and is commute is 2hrs20mins!!

One of my former colleagues does the Bexhill to London commute. Not sure what kind of insanity I call that Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 12:26 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

HS2 is only a solution to the ignorant down South....Then again as Northern Councils are cutting jobs and services because of lack of funding...HS2 may replace some of them..

How? Explain?

You just want to create money out of thin air and chuck it into a big northern black hole? Labour tried that, didn't work.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 12:39 pm

The disruption, The damage to the environment...The fact it's costing 50-100 billion ??...of money that needs investing in other public services..

Because all adventures like this end up over running and being run by incompetents and mainly because it won't bring the investment it say's it will !!

That enough for you ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 1:31 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

How? Explain?

You just want to create money out of thin air and chuck it into a big northern black hole? Labour tried that, didn't work.
That sounds like investing in TRUSSY's career at the Oyster

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 3:03 pm

My Oyster career is better value for money.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 9:23 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The disruption, The damage to the environment...The fact it's costing 50-100 billion ??...of money that needs investing in other public services..

Because all adventures like this end up over running and being run by incompetents and mainly because it won't bring the investment it say's it will !!

That enough for you ??

Any investment risks disruption, that's a nonesense argument. As is damaging the environment - given how much better public rail is to private car as an environmentally friendly mass transport method.

And that 'cost' is an 'investment', i.e. if it was just like throwing it into a hole it would be just usual simple public spending. HS2 will only go ahead if there is a case to support a return on the investment - i.e. wage growth in the north, reverse brain-drain, increased tax revenues outside of London, etc etc....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 3:27 pm

Hey everyone we'll take 20 minutes off a train ride and watch all these businesses come to the North !!

Dear oh dear.....

Ooh the BBC have been unlocking Osbourne's statement..

Bully boy doesn't like it

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum