Osbourne's Autumn masterstroke - Has he just won 2015 ??

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Osbourne's Autumn masterstroke - Has he just won 2015 ?? - Page 2 Empty Osbourne's Autumn masterstroke - Has he just won 2015 ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 2:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well received.....Stamp duty was a masterstroke.....and he managed to put growth and borrowing on the middle pages and pretty much out of view....In the last year or so this smug little scumbag has unfortunately shown his skill as a political operator....Yep it's a highly political "Statement" but it hits the right spot in terms of middle ground aspiration!!

Is it a game changer or are minds already fixed in terms of voting ??..

I think it's a game changer !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Osbourne's Autumn masterstroke - Has he just won 2015 ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Osbourne's Autumn masterstroke - Has he just won 2015 ??

Post by Derbymanc on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 3:32 pm

Gotta agree with Trussy on this one, HS2 is a daft idea that won't help in the slightest. First thing you need to do is figure out how to stop train journey's rising so high. With HS2 you've just given another reason to raise them again.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Osbourne's Autumn masterstroke - Has he just won 2015 ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Osbourne's Autumn masterstroke - Has he just won 2015 ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 3:35 pm

Vanity project...Derby..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 3:42 pm

Definitely. One of them things them down South think up cause obviously all us Northerners just want to get further down the country Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 4:02 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Hey everyone we'll take 20 minutes off a train ride and watch all these businesses come to the North !!

Dear oh dear.....

Ooh the BBC have been unlocking Osbourne's statement..

Bully boy doesn't like it

BBC have been rightly slated for its response.

For a tax-payer funded organisation with a specific remit to be neutral, its left-bias is disgusting.

Took a heavy beating from the regulator a few months back because it buried its OWN REPORT as the result didn't sufficiently slate the Tory's in the way the Beeb wanted (was ref NHS quality & satisfaction survey).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 4:03 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Gotta agree with Trussy on this one, HS2 is a daft idea that won't help in the slightest. First thing you need to do is figure out how to stop train journey's rising so high. With HS2 you've just given another reason to raise them again.

I'm confused, why do you want to 'stop train journies rising so high' (not actually even sure what that means)??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 4:07 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Definitely. One of them things them down South think up cause obviously all us Northerners just want to get further down the country Wink

Not about getting Northerners down, it's about encouraging them to stay UP!!

A proper 'Southerner' attitude*, would be "F*** off northerners, you rot in your cr@ppy ex mill/mining towns, stop sucking on the southern teet and just moaning, we'll keep our taxes and you can do one".

Instead, a tax-payer (read: majority London & SE) funded project is being suggested to decrease north-south disparity and have a positive effect on northern cities, not London.

*To be 100% certain, this is NOT my attitude/opinion.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 4:17 pm

Derby..Let's see If we can get Superfly to say he's against it !!

Then Toppy will change his mind...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 4:21 pm

That the best response you could come up with......?

Feel free to get someone else to fight your battles for you. No shame in it, afterall your father in lwaw bought your house and sorted your job so you should be used to it by now.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 4:57 pm

Sorry Toppy, I meant rail fares. I know the HS2 is supposed to help things but it won't. The problem isn't trying to get more people down South or more people up North but getting the wealth spread evenly.

One way would/could be to start some industries back up again. The HS2 line is not actually going to help those on the bottom that need the help and as with anything involving the government, wait and see how much it overuns, how much extra it costs us and who is pocketing the extra.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 5:20 pm

Haha ok - that makes more sense Derby!

A rail fare freeze would indeed be welcomed by many!!

I think the rest of your post is pie in the sky thinking though, sorry. You can't just restart failed industries where we are totally uncompetitive as they'll just fail again - unless supported to the tune of significantly more cash than HS2 will ever cost.

Barely viable primary & secondary industries already getting a lot of subsidy/support, throwing good money after bad will just bankrupt the country.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 5:58 pm

I think we need to start somewhere though. Building the HS2 is like giving up and saying balls to the North we'll just keep all the best stuff in the South.

I'm not saying start up failed industries but we need to start planning/manufacturing for the future. I'd personally like to see the government take over certain business's (Gas, Public transport, Telecomms) and start trying to run them properly.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 8:52 pm

They prefer selling things off Derby....Grossly underpriced......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 9:45 pm

Labour support HS2 as well, don't they Truss?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:16 pm

You tell me......I'm voting for them through clenched teeth Mate...

I make up my own mind on what are good ideas and bad ones..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Tue 09 Dec 2014, 8:59 am

Derbymanc wrote:I think we need to start somewhere though. Building the HS2 is like giving up and saying balls to the North we'll just keep all the best stuff in the South.

I'm not saying start up failed industries but we need to start planning/manufacturing for the future. I'd personally like to see the government take over certain business's (Gas, Public transport, Telecomms) and start trying to run them properly.

It's not about keeping the best stuff in the South, but about keeping the best PEOPLE in the North. Businesses will be attracted to the subsequent increase in productivity and you'll get organic growth.

At least that's my thinking, realise it's not perfect.

As someone who believes in small government (the larger the more inefficient and more incapable/disorganised) I could never support nationalisation - they were shocking when the government ran them previously, why would they be any better now??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc on Tue 09 Dec 2014, 9:15 am

Because if companies can run them then why not the government. If they're run properly there's no reason they can't make a profit nor stay away from becoming the bloated crap that most things do with Government interference.

You'd need a massive change within th government itself for it too work but to me it makes the most sense.

- They can keep the cost of essentials like heating etc down
- Cost of trains doesn't have to go through the roof
- Depending on the profit being made it could help with a slight drop in tax's etc

Although I wouldn't trust the current government to pull this off.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Tue 09 Dec 2014, 9:22 am

Derbymanc wrote:Because if companies can run them then why not the government.

Because the public sector is utterly incompetent and has never shown it has the ability to run with private sector (no means perfect) efficiency.

Too many molly-coddled TU protected workers more interested in justifying their own existence. Had friends from Big4 firms go into various departments (particularly local government) for audits and they said it was shocking, almost eye-watering what went on.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc on Tue 09 Dec 2014, 9:40 am

Once again, I agree with you. There'd need to be a massive change in how the government does things to get it to work but I think it is doable.

From experience there's a lot of things that need changing with regards to the government, particulalry bloated departments, expenses, contracts and the way money is spent. Especially when it comes to computer systems.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 09 Dec 2014, 10:27 am

What this Country needs is a Pasty tax....Leave beer and bingo alone..

Where is the Big Society ??.....I thought we were "All in it together"..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Tue 09 Dec 2014, 10:29 am

It needs a pasty tax about as much as it needs a mansion tax......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum