The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reigns Or Ryback

+7
Dolphin Ziggler
Kay Fabe
Ché Guerrero
Crimey
Samo
Paul Mac 6CW
Shot 21 LCFC
11 posters

Go down

If You Had To Pick One To Replace Cena, Who Would It Be?

Reigns Or Ryback Vote_lcap15%Reigns Or Ryback Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
Reigns Or Ryback Vote_lcap85%Reigns Or Ryback Vote_rcap 85% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 13

Reigns Or Ryback Empty Reigns Or Ryback

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 05 Dec 2014, 2:54 am

When Ryback debuted people were thinking he was the heir apparent to John Cena. Then he turned heel and it all went down the drain. Then Roman Reigns came along and was buit up massively with such performances as those at Survivor Series and Royal Rumble. Once The Shield split it was all of a sudden looking like he was the next number 1 babyface in waiting. Then he got injured and Ryback came back as a face and seems to be picking up where he left off before creative screwed him up. So when Reigns returns you will have 2 monster faces who WWE at one time had plans for with regards to taking over from Cena. So who will. After everything Reigns accomplished and the records he broke they can't forget about him. But also, surely they are not going to ruin Rybacks momentum for a second time? But can they both carry on as they have been at the same time? Or will WWE cop out and turn one of them heel? Who would your prefer to be the top face once Cena leaves if you had to choose one? In fact I will add a poll for that. It will be interesting to see how they handle this situation.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Reigns Or Ryback Empty Re: Reigns Or Ryback

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Fri 05 Dec 2014, 8:13 am

Why would Cena leave? - He's only 37 so probably has a while left yet and tbh his movie opportunities have dried up unless its a WWE production so outside activities don't hold the draw they used to

Ryback is only four years younger, rubbish in the ring and on the mic. There must be so many more guys in the queue ahead of him

Reigns - Has the knowledge of the business through his family and definitely looks the part but can he do it on the mic?

From WWE's perspective they will be looking at draw and merchandise sales and I can't imagine either guys have the longevity to offer what Cena has over the last ten years, but then from a business model why would you look to build one guy to that level again when you should build up the roster after all the whole should be greater than the sum of their parts

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 05 Dec 2014, 8:38 am

Reigns is being stifled alot by the WWE when it comes to his promos. If you watch him perform interviews outside of the WWE he really is quite charismatic. I just never shows on TV because they would rather do ridiculous 'Live via satelitte' promos that always fail to deliver.

Reigns is the next big thing. Being only 29 he's got youth on his side, they'll get more mileage out of him so should invest more in him.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 05 Dec 2014, 11:40 am

Yeah Roman Reigns all the way, he's already miles ahead of Ryback in terms of in-ring talent, mic-work and look. Ryback has very little going for him. Think with his acting lessons, more time working as a singles competitor Reigns will only get better. Just think how much he has improved since when the Shield first emerged, if he can keep up that rapid level of improvement he will be very good.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Fri 05 Dec 2014, 1:08 pm

Ryback will have the 'dangerous to work with' tag for the rest of his career now

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 05 Dec 2014, 2:21 pm

Was Ryback ever tipped to succeed Cena? I'd be amazed if anyo e actually believed that, I do think given that he was a face that they tried to build him up with more intention than if he were a heel but I don't think anyone ever had any great belief that Ryberg would be a big hit.

Maybe if they had him go over Big Show clean at WM29 things might have panned out differently but losing to Mark He ry the  turning heel the next night on RAW to be Cena's spring bitch just confirmed the obvious for me.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Dec 2014, 3:24 pm

Can I say neither?

I can't say either fill with great viewing pleasure. Reigns arguably the more agile of the 2. Whenever I see Ryback setting up a Meat Hook, I want JBL to run in and give him the Clothesline From Hell! I am not sold on Reigns to be honest. The Superman Punch annoys the crap out of me. When I heard Vince say Cesaro lacked charisma, I would say this applies to most of the roster. Reigns and Ryback are similar in which they need a more charismatic opponent to look good. It's weird to think that Reigns has leaped ahead of Rollins and Ambrose as the guy to be the first to reach the top.

The broody character would work perfectly on Reigns, sadly Ambrose does it that much better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 05 Dec 2014, 3:36 pm

I really like Ryback, I think hes actually very funny. Most of them seem to have far more charisma than WWE allows. Once they get a push they seem to get hauled in by the office and told to do step by step acts. Ryback clearly wasnt cared about when he got dropped with Curtis Axel and he became funny cos he could do what he wanted.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 05 Dec 2014, 5:46 pm

Ryback is awful. Reigns has something to offer, but I feel he is held back. Personally, I think WWE is pretty awful atm. I only get interested when Brock comes back. The storylines are awful, everything is too safe. After listening to Punk's story i'm not in the slightest bit surprised. He's spot on with everything he says and summed up how clueless creative, vince and triple h are and have been. WWE has the talent atm to produce fantastic show after fantastic show, yet we now for some reason have ryback's push going on almost identically to how he was pushed last time, except for some god awful reason adding 'THE' before his name. Everything is just boring and repetitive. I keep an eye on spoilers to keep updated but once i've read them I just shake my head and move to another section on the board, which is a shame because I am a wrestling fan at heart and always get pulled back in, like I said mainly due to Lesnar.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 05 Dec 2014, 6:48 pm

To say Ryback is awful is just stupid and not true.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:42 pm

Im not actually watching the product right now tbh. Maybe when Bryan finally returns i will be inclined to

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sat 06 Dec 2014, 12:00 pm

Liam wrote:WWE has the talent atm to produce fantastic show after fantastic show, yet we now for some reason have ryback's push going on almost identically to how he was pushed last time, except for some god awful reason adding 'THE' before his name.

dont worry that's not an actual thing Daniel Bryan just calls him The Ryback as they were on the road together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cngBoXgkNAA

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 07 Dec 2014, 12:01 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:To say Ryback is awful is just stupid and not true.

I think it is, I don't think he has anything to offer. He's bad in the ring, bad on the mic, looks silly and hasn't shown any sign of improvement in the last 2 years.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 07 Dec 2014, 12:12 am

Ryback hurt Punk, Ryback badman.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 07 Dec 2014, 12:58 am

Disagree on every single one of those points Crimey.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sun 07 Dec 2014, 1:47 am

I'm a fan of the Big Guy.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content