The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby's drug problem.

3 posters

Go down

Rugby's drug problem. Empty Rugby's drug problem.

Post by MrsP Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:21 pm

UK Anti-Doping chief Andy Parkinson warns of growing culture of internet drug-taking among aspiring rugby players.

So we have just seen the 10th UK rugby player this year banned for drug offences. Is this really a problem that only exists in the amateur ranks? Are our Pro players better or just better at avoiding getting caught?

I have just read that the England U18 team last year were 2lbs a man HEAVIER than the England team from the 1991 RWC. That is lads who are still growing amd maturing!! Is that really all down to good food and good S&C?

What are we doing about this at grass roots level?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/drugsinsport/11266729/UK-Anti-Doping-chief-Andy-Parkinson-warns-of-dangers-of-easily-available-performance-enhancing-drugs-on-internet.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-2863758/Rugby-s-drug-problem-exposed-RFU-boss-admits-realise-s-issue-addressing-it.html

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Rugby's drug problem. Empty Re: Rugby's drug problem.

Post by MrsP Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:29 pm

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:39 pm

The curse of the 'general' page Smile

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:08 pm

I know! I actually thought I was seeing things earlier as I noticed that several people had posted on the "drugs" thread and yet when I checked it was empty!

Then I found the other one!!

I don't care where it gets discussed and it seemed daft to ask to merge this with the other one since there was nowt to merge! I reckon it was SSM getting his own back for that other thread!!

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Apart from the fact that this is an issue, being too big takes away from mobility, skills and being more elusive on attack.

The youngsters are in danger of relying too much on bashing and less on skills.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down