The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

+67
Dr Shoe
gw
wisden
Hero
mikey_dragon
greengoblin
Alistair
Holymiky
Blade
Enforcer
hornbloweroafc
ShockmasterV2
Hammersmith harrier
profitius
MichaelT
Jermaine2015
Geordie
Knowsit17
President Trump
jimmyinthewell68
Hoggy_Bear
MIG
SecretFly
Simon West
Azzy
ONETWOFOREVER
dummy_half
compelling and rich
lfc91
RinoGattuso
bluestonevedder
Mind the windows Tino.
SirJohnnyEnglish
RuggerRadge2611
nadeem2099
Dr Gregory House MD
Nakatomi Plaza
The Beast
The_Enigma
hampo17
Bull
kingraf
Gwlad
trottb
Rowley
guildfordbat
Duty281
westisbest
Ent
JDizzle
Mike Selig
superflyweight
Breadvan
Crimey
The Saint
Mad for Chelsea
Soldier_Of_Fortune
seanmichaels
Galted
rIck_dAgless
TRUSSMAN66
Mr Bounce
Derbymanc
Stella
Pete330v2
incontinentia
Adam D
71 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 3 Empty The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Adam D Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Quite enjoyed rec 3 although it's not really much to do with the first 2 films.

If it had been a standalone film, I think the critical response would have been better. For me it was really entertaining.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Mr Bounce Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:16 pm

Monday's film this week was Horrible Bosses 2. I had a feeling this would follow pretty much the same path as the other film, and although there's a little bit of difference, it's essentially a bunch of gags (some of them quite funny actually) held together with a REALLY flimsy storyline.

However, there's a cracking cast in the film - really it's just a bunch of Hollywood peeps having a good old laugh, plus getting Jennifer Aniston to say lots of utterly filthy things - this is something she does rather well!

This is not a great film, but it is good for a giggle with some mates. I give it 5/10, but arguments can be made for higher (funny bits) or lower (gets a bit tedious and silly).

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Guest Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:38 pm

The Salvation - Mads Mikkelson plays an immigrant who travels to "Wild West" in the 1800's to make a new life. He leaves behind his wife and son and is reunited seven years later. The same day, they are killed by the brother of the local badass (nice role for Jeffrey Dean Morgan who I believe played 'The Comedian' in Watchmen but feel free to correct me on that). Mads exacts his revenge and our bag guy demands his personal vengeance in return.

Was expecting much more from this but it was fairly slow moving, held little in the way of surprise and was rather formulaic basically petering out at the end.

4/10

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:56 pm

Class Of 92

The story Giggs etc of the famous Utd youth side. Most of the stories, like Fergie catching out Giggs and Sharpe at a party, are ones we knew anyway. Good watch though, and they all seem like good lads.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:02 pm

Stella wrote:Class Of 92

The story Giggs etc of the famous Utd youth side. Most of the stories, like Fergie catching out Giggs and Sharpe at a party, are ones we knew anyway. Good watch though, and they all seem like good lads.

Stella - does the film cover as well the young lads who didn't make the top grade or only lived it for a short time? I find life stories like that more interesting and less predictable than the success stories of the likes of Beckham and Scholes.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:12 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Stella wrote:Class Of 92

Stella - does the film cover as well the young lads who didn't make the top grade or only lived it for a short time? I find life stories like that more interesting and less predictable than the success stories of the likes of Beckham and Scholes.

Very briefly. They showed and mentioned a player, who according to Eric Harrison, was as talented as any of them. The player in question said himself that he didn't have the right attitude.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:32 pm

I watched Interstellar last night and I quite enjoyed it. It's long, but at no point did I feel like I was losing concentration and was gripped all the way through. Some very good performances all round really (MM, Chastain and the young Murph), even if the ending is very, very trippy. 8.5/10.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:12 pm

Stonyhurst Asylum - based on an Edgar Allan Poe story about an Alienist (early term for clinical psychologist) who begins work at a local asylum run by the very strange in manner, Ben Kingsley. Fairly predictable thriller with phone-it-in-for-the-cash performances from Kingsley, Brendan Gleeson and Michael Caine. Love interest from Kate Beckinsale who spends most of the time without doing anything too taxing throughout.

Watch it, don't watch it...I don't care.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:24 pm

Tried watching Lincoln Saturday. It was boring and sh*t and not leading anywhere so I gave up halfway through!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:07 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Tried watching Lincoln Saturday. It was boring and sh*t and not leading anywhere so I gave up halfway through!

You should check out Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

All you need to know about Abe but with Vampires in it too.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:12 pm

Adam D wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:Tried watching Lincoln Saturday. It was boring and sh*t and not leading anywhere so I gave up halfway through!

You should check out Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

All you need to know about Abe but with Vampires in it too.

I do remember seeing that advertised. Does it deliver on capturing him as a hero? Or is he more like the leather pant wearing sexually promiscuous fun boy from Gay Bar? chin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:57 am

The Monuments Men. Quite a remarkable film, to take two genuine a listers in Clooney and Damon, the best actress of her generation and a dream team supporting cast (Murray and Goodman) and give them a genuinely fascinating story and yet still manage to make a film so arse numbingly dull is quite an achievement. Well done all round.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:11 am

Watched the latest Godzilla movie... horrific, and not in the sense that you'd be satisfied with. There didn't seem to be any real development or direction, other than a big showdown (which wasn't even that good, considering the CGI available). I think I can see what the director was trying to do by not having a great deal of Godzilla actually in the movie, but to do that the characters need to good enough to keep the film going. They weren't.

Can someone please explain how this got fairly decent reviews, and a sequel is being planned? I really don't see it as being an improvement on the 1998 version.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:25 am

I actually prefered the 98 version, possibly helped by the fact I was a kid when it came out, but at least it was fun and good for a laugh.

The latest version was rubbish. Like trott I can see why the directors wanted the monster to appear as little as possible, but ultimately instead of building the suspense (as in Jaws or Alien, say, two masterpieces in that style), it just made it a boring film where nothing happens for an hour (I actually switched off after that). Lack of character development and all-round poor directing.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:39 pm

What We Do In The Shadows
Mockumentary about a group of vampires living in a houseshare in New Zealand.  Pretty good, quite a few funny moments, even one that brought me to the verge of pants-p1ssing hysteria.  Jermaine from Flight of the Conchords wrote and acted in it and, like Flight of the Conchords, Rhys Darby steals the show.  Would recommend.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:41 am

November Man….utter shoite
Locke…awesome

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:30 am

Gwlad wrote:November Man….utter shoite
Locke…awesome
Agreed, I "reviewed" it on here a while back...no-one cared...ar$eholes!

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:35 am

Last Vegas.

Not as funny as I though it would/could have been.
Did laugh out loud for a minute or so in the scene when they are showed to their room.
The bit when the guy was saying 50 cent had stayed there.

All rounnd was decent, with a good cast.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:52 am

I watched the remake of Robocop yesterday.

Surprisingly I didn't think it was that bad. If you forget the original and don't try to compare it endlessly (as every review seems to have done) you have a decent action movie I reckon. A couple of good shoot-out scenes as well. At times a bit heavy-handed and emotionally phoned-in but all in all a decent 2 hours entertainment. Much better than I thought it would be.
6.5/10

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:14 pm

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - Is it a kids film, is it a "serious" superhero film? Far too long and tiresomely complex (it tried too hard to be clever) with a million characters I couldn't give a f*ck about.

Could also be summed up by saying "I AM GROOT" and make of that what you will

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:29 pm

I watched "Live, Die, Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow" last night and really enjoyed it. It stars that guy from Top Gun and Emily Blunt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:19 pm

MediaCat wrote:I watched "Live, Die, Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow" last night and really enjoyed it.  It stars that guy from Top Gun and Emily Blunt.  
It's called "Edge of Tomorrow" it's just that some d!ck in the design office decided to put LIVE, DIE, REPEAT in f*cking great letters on the dvd/Blu-Ray covers...the complete ar$ehole!

Anyway, cracking film. I tend to dislike Cruise on general principle (BTW admit you're gay Tom and move on, eh fella?) but I really enjoyed this film. Will try and watch it in 3D but genuinely believe that by the time I get round to it, my 3D tv will be obsolete)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:32 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
MediaCat wrote:I watched "Live, Die, Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow" last night and really enjoyed it.  It stars that guy from Top Gun and Emily Blunt.  
It's called "Edge of Tomorrow" it's just that some d!ck in the design office decided to put LIVE, DIE, REPEAT in f*cking great letters on the dvd/Blu-Ray covers...the complete ar$ehole!

Anyway, cracking film. I tend to dislike Cruise on general principle (BTW admit you're gay Tom and move on, eh fella?) but I really enjoyed this film. Will try and watch it in 3D but genuinely believe that by the time I get round to it, my 3D tv will be obsolete)

Thanks for clarifying that.  I did wonder why they changed the title.  Pretty misleading, actually.  Perhaps they should have named the film after that old Carpenters' song, "Yesterday once more".

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:18 pm

Watched the new Hobbit film. My roommate convinced me it would be pretty good.
motherPhucker lied to me.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:19 am

DAVE667 wrote:

Actually originally it was called "All You Need Is Kill."

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:23 am

The Fault in Our Stars. Follows the story of 2 teens who meet at a cancer support group. It is an extremely well put together film and all the cast perform excellently. The script it suberb and provided some great laugh out loud moments, as well as, some truly dramatic scenes and completely heart wrenching story telling.

Definitely worth a watch.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:25 pm

Bull wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Actually originally it was called "All You Need Is Kill."
That's as maybe, the DVD cover is VERY misleading

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 pm

DAVE667 wrote:GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - Is it a kids film, is it a "serious" superhero film? Far too long and tiresomely complex (it tried too hard to be clever) with a million characters I couldn't give a f*ck about.

Guardians Of The Galaxy is in no way complex, even emore could understand that film Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:34 am

hampo171 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - Is it a kids film, is it a "serious" superhero film? Far too long and tiresomely complex (it tried too hard to be clever) with a million characters I couldn't give a f*ck about.

Guardians Of The Galaxy is in no way complex, even emore could understand that film Laugh
Who are the bad guys, who's stealing what and passing it to whom to double cross someone else? Maybe I just didn't care enough to pay attention

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:47 am

You take films far too seriously Dave, Guardians is the best Marvel film to date.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:53 am

I AM GROOT!

(Life's too short for sh!t films mate.)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:16 pm

Bull wrote:You take films far too seriously Dave, Guardians is the best Marvel film to date.

It was good, but wouldn't go that far. The Avengers and Captain America: Winter Soldier are better.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 pm

I think X-men days of future past is probably my favourite to date, although, I thoroughly enjoy them all.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:01 pm

Nah for me its Guardians, Captain America: The Winter Solider and then The Avengers.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:29 pm

Bull wrote:Nah for me its Guardians, Captain America: The Winter Solider and then The Avengers.

Most Marvel films have been corny and disappointing tbh. After Avengers they've thankfully all been on an upward curve; which will probably dip with the arrival of 'antman' picard

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:00 pm

Antman could be class if it's done correctly.

Guardians was brilliant, Dave's just a miserable git and had obviously read a OneTwo or Strongy article before watching it........

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:29 pm

Haven't watched Guardians, but with the exception of the Garfield Spiderman, I've enjoyed every Marvel movie since, say, Iron Man. Except Wolverine, the latest one.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:33 pm

kingraf wrote:Haven't watched Guardians, but with the exception of the Garfield Spiderman, I've enjoyed every Marvel movie since, say, Iron Man. Except Wolverine, the latest one.

Yeah, both of the 'amazing (so to speak)' Spiderman is turd. Too soon after the old batch as well. Iron Man trilogy is pretty rubbish and Tony Stark is an annoying character; I much prefer him in Avengers where he's in the spotlight a lot less. The Hulk movies are turd. Daredevil was turd. Man of Steel was turd... I've enjoyed all the X-men movies, in particular Days of Future Past (DOFP). X-men origins was poor, but I thought the Wolverine was pretty good. I hope they revisit that chapter because I don't really know what the hell is going on in the universe after DOFP.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:40 am

Boy Wonder

Came across this on Netflix. I was expecting a cliched ridden revenge flick, but it was more than that. Good acting, story, and ending.

8/10
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:58 am

Just been to watch the final installment of the hobbit and feel a little let down. Granted i expected it to be 3/4 pure battle but it just didnt recapture the awesomeness i felt when i first saw Helms Deep or the battle of Pelennor fields back in LOTR, although granted the Hobbit movies have fallen well short of the rings trilogy anyways

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:15 am

Just got around to watching Interstellar.... Mind is blown. I can't agree or understand with any negative reviews it's had on here, it was a great movie. Perhaps even a slight re-telling of 2001 too. If he isn't already, Nolan is going to be the best of generation.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:08 pm

I just want to reiterate how bad November Man is, wonder how Brosnan ever did Bond actually.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:27 pm

Just watched ride along. It was okay and had some funny moments. Was what I expected to be honest. 6/10

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:00 am

Prisoners 9/10
Hungover from work's Xmas party on Friday, I found I had a Saturday Night free and decided to finally get around to watching Prisoners. Staring Hugh Jackman & Jake Gyllenhaal, Keller Dover (Hugh Jackman) faces any parent's worst nightmare when his daughter along with her friend are abducted in broad daylight on Thanksgiving. With only one lead from an RV that was parked on the street earlier that day, Detective Loki (Jake Gyllenhaal) is assigned the case as the minutes turns to hours that turn into days in search of the missing children.

If you're a fan of Mystery | Crime | Thrillers, I would highly recommend. There's plenty of twists and turns throughout the whole 2 1/2 Hour Film that changes your minds on the survival of the victims several times. Very interesting twists with lost of questions answered as you dive deeper into the film.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:27 pm

Birdman (or the unexpected virtue of ignorance)

Very interesting film, brilliantly acted (Keaton, Norton and a surprise for me, Emma Stone wow) written and filmed. NOT however I suspect for everyone, there is not much of a story and the humor is quite dark. If you prefer stories over style/satire/dialogue not too sure, if you enjoy good writing and acting or want something different go for it.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:55 pm

The_Enigma wrote:Prisoners 9/10
Hungover from work's Xmas party on Friday, I found I had a Saturday Night free and decided to finally get around to watching Prisoners. Staring Hugh Jackman & Jake Gyllenhaal, Keller Dover (Hugh Jackman) faces any parent's worst nightmare when his daughter along with her friend are abducted in broad daylight on Thanksgiving. With only one lead from an RV that was parked on the street earlier that day, Detective Loki (Jake Gyllenhaal) is assigned the case as the minutes turns to hours that turn into days in search of the missing children.  

If you're a fan of Mystery | Crime | Thrillers, I would highly recommend. There's plenty of twists and turns throughout the whole 2 1/2 Hour Film that changes your minds on the survival of the victims several times. Very interesting twists with lost of questions answered as you dive deeper into the film.

Must try and watch this.
Heard other good things about it.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:01 pm

12 Years A Slave. I had doubts going into the movie & they proved to be right. Typical Oscar winning film, in terms of it's story & the importance of recognising slavery, but it was average from beginning to end. Incredibly slow & I never be getting those two & a half hours back. Friend told me today, you should of read the book, because the film is awful in comparison. Now they tell me.

3/10 - Not sure how Lupita Nyong'o won best supporting actress either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:28 pm

Just watched Gatekeepers which is about the Shin Bet. Awesome

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:06 am

The Beast wrote:Birdman (or the unexpected virtue of ignorance)

Very interesting film, brilliantly acted (Keaton, Norton and a surprise for me, Emma Stone wow) written and filmed.  NOT however I suspect for everyone, there is not much of a story and the humor is quite dark. If you prefer stories over style/satire/dialogue not too sure, if you enjoy good writing and acting or want something different go for it.

I'd pretty much agree with this. Was also surprised at Zach Galfalnakis, as I thought he gave a strong performance.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:51 am

Dumb and Dumber two, exceptionally average

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:31 am

The Lego Movie. Went into this one a little skeptical and what a pleasant surprise I found. A fun film that contains enough sharp and witty humour to ensure that it enjoyable for all ages. Completely unique concept and they pulled it off exceptionally well.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next