The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abraham vs Smith II

+15
Hammersmith harrier
Lance
CallMeBenji
Coxy001
TopHat24/7
milkyboy
Strongback
TRUSSMAN66
hazharrison
RanjitPatel
catchweight
wheelchair1991
Dipper Brown
Derbymanc
rob-glos
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Abraham vs Smith II - Page 2 Empty Abraham vs Smith II

Post by rob-glos Mon 08 Dec 2014, 7:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Made for February 21st in Berlin. 

Smith lost the first fight by a couple of rounds and the only reason we're getting this rematch is because of the laughable score on one card. 

Abraham took him lightly, is a bit shopworn, isn't anything like the force he was at MW but should still have more than enough to win. If we're honest, Smith is Euro level on his best day!

Fair play to Eddie for getting a second payday for Smith.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Abraham vs Smith II - Page 2 Empty Re: Abraham vs Smith II

Post by catchweight Wed 10 Dec 2014, 10:37 pm

Abraham is pretty usless and will need a steady diet of C and D list opponents to hang onto his title. Whoever the judge was that turned in the bent card is probably on the Christmas list for both Hearn and Sauerland. Hearn gets a second nice payday for Smith, Sauerland gets a soft opponent for the crap but ticket shifting Abraham. Everyones a winner.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu 11 Dec 2014, 1:42 pm

Fair play to Eddie Hearn for getting him a rematch, it really is not needed though he clearly won the first fight and nothing will change second time round. To be honest i probably wont even make any effort to watch this on TV so it is gonna be tough to sell tickets for this in Germany.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 11 Dec 2014, 7:41 pm

I think the fight will sell very well.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 12 Dec 2014, 2:54 pm

Abraham is a decent fighter but pretty one dimensional, he does have power but his punches are pretty easy to see coming and I think this is why he has not been knocking people out of late, and he is getting on now. That being said I do not think Paul Smith is that world level, and is euro level at best.

I think it might have been a case of the Groves Froch syndrome where he was not motivated for the fight and under estimated Smith.

So for me Abraham comes into this fight with a bit more fire and will to beat Smith and it will be a similar fight but a bit more convincing in favour of Abraham. That being said we could also see an old Abraham come to his end and you can never tell with age. I don't think Smith has proved enough beyond this match up to indicate he is world level though.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 12 Dec 2014, 2:58 pm

Abrahams punching power took a noticeable dip when he went up to SMW.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat 13 Dec 2014, 12:28 am

It's common knowledge A A is not the same fighter at ST as he was at MW, but even then he was nothing more than a solid, plodding, low output,puncher.

Paul Smith has it in him to win, he can outbox him easily, whether he can for twelve rounds, against a forward fighter who is going nowhere other than straight at you for 36 minutes, is another matter. Added to this is the fact is its in Germany. The odds are stacked against Smith, though it's not a foregone conclusion.

I hope he wins and gains another decent payday against groves or degale, or, imagine hus first defense against callum, that would he history in the making!

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Mon 22 Dec 2014, 12:31 pm

I'm tempted to go back and read the thread from that night's action because I think one or two who have stated in this thread that from memory Abraham won comfortably didn't feel that way at the time.

Anyway, good luck to Paul for it. Have a feeling Abraham will raise his game and possibly stop Paul but hope I'm wrong. It depends if Abraham is really past it or if he underestimated Smith first time around.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2