The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+9
Rowley
Union Cane
Adam D
Galted
seanmichaels
JuliusHMarx
kingraf
rIck_dAgless
Pal Joey
13 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey Mon 08 Dec 2014, 7:41 am

Raf wrote:Newcastle not being relegated, ey?

Черная вдова Японии взимается в связи со смертью 4 мужем
A Japanese black widow is to be charged with the death of her 4th husband.

Подробнее здесь ...
Read more here ...

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Wed 17 Dec 2014, 8:52 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Cultural reasons)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 08 Dec 2014, 7:43 am

Whattup TLD, think you got the thread split...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey Mon 08 Dec 2014, 7:47 am

Fine thanks, rick.
Is the 991st post the chosen one?
I wish I'd known... would have written something more profound like pithy mopoke clap.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 08 Dec 2014, 7:56 am

rick_dagless wrote:It is the fried food, cold weather and horrendous amounts of flesh on display from birds who dress for the body they want rather than the one they have...

Nightclubs are sometimes like watching a room of lava lamps...

Nightclubs in Johannesburg are quite similar at times. I remember an occasion when I was still close with the barkeeper's wife when we went out and I was harassed by shamu the whale in a figure hugging outfit. Would have been hilarious if I wasn't unsuccessfully trying to plow my seed into the barkeeper's wife.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 08 Dec 2014, 7:57 am

I believe it is TLD...

It is better than some of the recent efforts, so do not be too hard on yourself....

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 08 Dec 2014, 8:03 am

Morning again LD. Fine thread split. An immeasurable improvement on the incumbent one
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 08 Dec 2014, 8:17 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:Fine thanks, rick.
Is the 991st post the chosen one?
I wish I'd known... would have written something more profound like pithy mopoke clap.

You've given us a sports-related thread split OP. You've cast us all in a bad light.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 08 Dec 2014, 8:21 am

Thanks rick & Cesc.

Jules, just put "mopoke" in there somewhere.

OK, I'll admit - I changed the last OP from #ff3333 (red) to a more subtle #993300 colour.

Did anybody notice? I was a little surprised nobody mentioned it.

We must play on....

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 08 Dec 2014, 8:39 am

I did actually.... I thought I'd just imagined it...

Do you think Clarke wrote that himself? It was a beautiful eulogy. If my best mate dies before me, I'm lifting the last stanza word for word
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Dec 2014, 8:43 am

kingraf wrote:
Do you think Clarke wrote that himself? It was a beautiful eulogy. If my best mate dies before me, I'm lifting the last stanza word for word

Jetski through to tea?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 08 Dec 2014, 8:49 am

Not sure if he wrote it all himself, raf. The last para is quite moving. Also liked how he made references to fans and players around the world.

A piece about the Test on now. A kid in South Delhi just saying: "as in Hughes the cricket will still be alive in the game"

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 08 Dec 2014, 8:56 am

Dam you, sean.

I'd like to see raf power through some serious swells on his jetski. Shred some Pacific.
The dam seems a little too tame for all that power. Am I being too harsh, kingy? Cool

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 08 Dec 2014, 8:56 am

Yeah, I have my doubts myself, but he is a columnist for some paper down under isn't he? Maybe he's just got a gift for the grandstand statement?

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Dec 2014, 9:03 am

Watched my lot play indoor cricket last night. The were phucking woeful, embarrassing. May result in me coming out of the winter hibernation for the last game next week.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 08 Dec 2014, 9:06 am

I've never gone in open water before, but I'm sure looking forward to trying to. We'll be in Port Elizabeth from around the 20th till the 30th, which isn't too far from Jeffreys Bay. if I could convince a few mates that there is no risk of a shark attack over there, I might try it out there.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 08 Dec 2014, 9:07 am

Oi! Who subtly changed the text colour of the original post?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 08 Dec 2014, 9:07 am

Having looked it up, there was a fatal shark attack in Jay Bay three days ago. phuck a dick
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 08 Dec 2014, 9:17 am

Just power out of their nose wake when they start to surface. Easy.

On the subject (apologies Marxy) I saw these people on TV testing shark propelling devices. They were face to face... the shark hovering about 2 feet away. The bloke had eye contact and the big fish was actually quite docile (or had just been fed). Could have sworn it was smiling and wanted to please its new wet-suited (and tasty seal-like) friend.

If only we all could show such respect to others... regardless of species.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Dec 2014, 9:21 am

kingraf wrote:Having looked it up, there was a fatal shark attack in Jay Bay three days ago. phuck a dick

No one told me about sharks when I was balls deep there. Remember there being plenty of jelly fish, and a few mentally slow yocals

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 08 Dec 2014, 9:31 am

It wasn't too bad till recently Sean. No idea what's changed. Probably Al Gore and his acolytes.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 08 Dec 2014, 9:32 am

Galted wrote:Oi! Who subtly changed the text colour of the original post?

T'was me. I think a Carry On movie was on during a half time break and I felt all inspired all of a sudden. It's not often that I feel the urge to express my ancient British ancestory through mutli media... but something just came over me... honestly.... I swear.

Raf & Sean,
I've been stung by blue bottles plenty of times. Mostly back in the 80s though. music
I remember one particular day when there were millions thrown onto the beaches. They were so juiced up with venom. I got stung about 3 or 4 times just walking along the beach for 10 seconds... their stingers were practically transparent so if you misjudged a step you'd get this immense pain shooting through your feet and around your ankles. Pure agony!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 08 Dec 2014, 9:42 am

This is why the dam is better. No chance of such happening. I did once manage to hook my thigh on the rare occasion I thought I'd actually fish there. Hurt like phuck.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 08 Dec 2014, 9:52 am

The Loaded Dog wrote: I got stung about 3 or 4 times just walking along the beach for 10 seconds... their stingers were practically transparent so if you misjudged a step you'd get this immense pain shooting through your feet and around your ankles. Pure agony!

I've been stung by one of them. It had washed up and I tried to impress the other beachgoers by stamping on it but the force of the stamp due to my muscular legs flung the tentacle up and over my flip-fop. Would never have happened if I'd been wearing even a single Hi-Tec.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 08 Dec 2014, 9:56 am

Don't know about better... all the other perfect days make up for a couple of freak events.

I suppose the other thing to look out for would be submerged logs... or the occasional light aircraft surfacing when the drought really kicks in.

We had that here at Lake Burrendong. It was 7 times Syd Harbour at one stage... then less than half after years of below ave. rain.
All these planes and boats suddenly appeared. Islands became connected to the mainland.... some of them now half a km or so from the shoreline. It was like our own little Aral Sea.

They started grazing sheep on the lake bed again.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:00 am

Imagine if that happened and all the boats and planes from the Bermuda Triangle suddenly popped up... or if none did!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:22 am

Might have exaggerated slightly... not 7x. About 3 times.

The next Americas Cup will be interesting. On the Bermuda Triangle.

KP has just arrived in Melbourne! A star at the Stars. It all makes sense.
He sounds as innocent as ever. He is still an immense player in my eyes (ignoring the all the politics and ego positioning).
I hope he does well. What chance of him getting a call up for the WC... if he finds some form?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:27 am

I got stung by a blue bottle in Byron bay. Didn't really hurt that much, felt more like an insect bite at the time. Much worse was the paralysis, thought I'd done my groin.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:28 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
I hope he does well. What chance of him getting a call up for the WC... if he finds some form?

No chance. He'd never displace the 'in form' Cook at the top of the order.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:31 am

seanmichaels wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

No chance. He'd never displace the 'in form' Cook at the top of the order.

Pity. He was always entertaining to watch.

How long do you think they can persist with Cook, sean?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:34 am

He's been rubbish in domestic competition since he got booted. Any recall would be undeserved. Nice guy though (unless he disagrees with you, I guess), met him and Damien Martyn at the sixes last month
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:46 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
How long do you think they can persist with Cook, sean?

I think he'll go after the world cup. HIs dogged determination to prove doubters wrong is now just plain delusion.

I'd go Hales, Ali, Taylor, Root, Bopara, Morgan, Buttler, Jordan, Broad, Anderson, Finn

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:51 am

I'd go for Hungerdunger, Hungerdunger, Hungerdunger, and McCormick.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:52 am

Or had he been out there Rashid for Jordan.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:54 am

I don't think Rashid qualifies for Jordan. He'd have to play for England.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:56 am

Just cos he was born in a stable....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:56 am

Good weekend Jules?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:57 am

seanmichaels wrote:Good weekend Jules?

I got drunk for the first time in about 10 years.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:59 am

Laugh

Any embarrassing anecdotes?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 08 Dec 2014, 11:01 am

No - I think I just managed to stay on the right side of embarrassing. As far as I know.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 08 Dec 2014, 11:38 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:No - I think I just managed to stay on the right side of embarrassing. As far as I know.

Only when you lean we'll need to shown concern.

Good to see you letting your hair hang down.

Any afterglow whilst lying down afterwards?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 08 Dec 2014, 12:22 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Good weekend Jules?

I got drunk for the first time in about 10 years.

Julius: venit ergo. venit ergo. tibi stupri volo quidam ex me
Mrs Marx: Julius derelinquet eis, modo relinquere eis. ipsi erant 'non dignitas is

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Dec 2014, 1:52 pm

Laugh

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 08 Dec 2014, 1:55 pm

Not nice to see "dignitas" referenced in a message directed at Jules.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 08 Dec 2014, 2:06 pm

I have no idea what that means Galted. Can't be arris'ed to look it up either. Suspect it's some sort of insult though.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 08 Dec 2014, 5:35 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I have no idea what that means Galted. Can't be arris'ed to look it up either. Suspect it's some sort of insult though.

You'd be wrong, very wrong.

It translates at...
Julius: Come on then!  Come on then!  You phucking want some of me
Mrs Marx: Julius leave them, just leave them. they're not worth it.

Hopefully once there's a new original post this recent awkwardness will pass.  I feel as though my big, until recent red, arse has driven a wedge between us.  Perhaps then I'll realise my ambition of calling you "Jay" or "J".

I love you, Julius.  Phucking love you, man.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 08 Dec 2014, 5:55 pm

Et tu Galtedus.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 09 Dec 2014, 8:25 am

Primitus

Morning all...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 09 Dec 2014, 8:29 am

Vino blanco.

Good Grigio to you all.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 09 Dec 2014, 8:46 am

I need a poo but can't be arsed to go down to the ground floor.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 09 Dec 2014, 8:50 am

Morning everyone.
Prop
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next