The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Kirkland

+2
88Chris05
spencerclarke
6 posters

Go down

James Kirkland  Empty James Kirkland

Post by spencerclarke Fri 12 Dec - 7:47

Morning all,

Simple question. What's happened to James Kirkland? Looked like he was going to go on to some big fights but he's not been seen since the humdinger against Tapia a year ago. Just had a look on boxrec and he has had his ranking removed. Did that fight take too much out of him? Is that the end of his career or have I missed something else as I know he's had a fairly colourful past.

Cheers

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

James Kirkland  Empty Re: James Kirkland

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 12 Dec - 9:34

Bit of a mystery to me as well, mate. I really liked Kirkland back before his first spell doing porridge - saw him taking apart Vera on the Malignaggi-Hatton undercard and thought he was a fighter I'd love to see contesting world titles and featuring as a headliner one day; a raw talent but an exciting one, with big power but a leaky defence. A guaranteed excitment kind of deal. Also thought there was some stuff in that fight to suggest he was adding just a bit of craft to his brawling as well.

Gets jailed about a year after that from memory and hasn't really recovered from it. Flattened by a traditional non-puncher in Ishida, comes back with wins over Angulo and an unsatisfactory one against Molina and then it's all gone quiet. Might be my memory playing tricks on me as I've pretty much lost interest in him, but I think I have heard stuff about him being in some kind of legal trouble again. Maybe with the law, maybe in a promotional sense (he signed with the eternal prat Fifty Cent, didn't he?) but either way the impression I got is that he probably won't be fighting again any time soon.

I'm sure there'll be someone who can clarify it all, though.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by thelastbellender Fri 12 Dec - 12:04

The Anglo fight was a corker mind a proper Pheonix from the ashes fight.

thelastbellender

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 12 Dec - 13:30

Cheers for that. Would make sense that he is having legal trouble again. It's a shame too many boxers are ruining their careers with legal disputes or being held up with promotional problems.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 12 Dec - 14:00

I think Kirkland lacks brain cells.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 12 Dec - 14:17

Seanusarrilius wrote:I think Kirkland lacks brain cells.

After seeing you make out that Eubank Jr was the next Ray Leonard the other week...

He'll take that as a confidence booster..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Fri 12 Dec - 15:34

guy turned down 1.5 million, mad head.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down