The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo

+47
ScarletSpiderman
EST
Captain_Sensible
Anglobraveheart
SirBurger
Manky-Flanker
WhiskyBluff
highland_scot
Heuer27
cp10
Totalflanker
Majestic83
R!skysports
teh_Dingmeister
whocares
cakeordeath
nickj
Tattie Scones RRN
lostinwales
JonnyEdinburgh
RuggerRadge2611
MacKnocked-on
Prothero
Dorothy_Mantooth
TheMildlyFranticLlama
mckay1402
Weegie Wizard
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Argybargy
justified sinner
Imperialbigdave
TJ
alive555
GLove39
VinceWLB
madmaccas
tigertattie
demosthenes
BigGee
IanBru
jimbopip
funnyExiledScot
Nematode
EWT Spoons
RDW
George Carlin
51 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo

Post by George Carlin Wed 17 Dec 2014, 7:24 am

Prehistorical Patter:
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo Fawlty11
https://www.606v2.com/t48240-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread
https://www.606v2.com/t51313-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-ii
https://www.606v2.com/t53119-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iii
https://www.606v2.com/t54519-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iv
https://www.606v2.com/t55409-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-v-the-fun-continues

A. Edinburgh
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo Elves10

1. League Results

Fri 5 Sep: Munster Rugby 13 - 14 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 12 Sep: Edinburgh Rugby 13 - 14 Connacht Rugby

Sun 21 Sep: Ospreys 62 - 13 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 26 Sep: Edinburgh Rugby 20 - 20 Scarlets

Fri 3 Oct: Ulster Rugby 30 - 0 Edinburgh Rugby

Sat 11 Oct: Edinburgh Rugby 24 - 10 Newport Gwent Dragons

Fri 31 Oct: Leinster Rugby 33 - 8 Edinburgh Rugby

Sun 23 Nov: Edinburgh Rugby 28 - 13 Cardiff Blues

Sat 29 Nov: Zebre 18 - 10 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 19 Dec: Edinburgh Rugby 48 - 0 Benetton Treviso

Sat 27 Dec: Glasgow Warriors 16 - 6 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 2 Jan: Edinburgh Rugby - 20 - 8 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 9 Jan: Connacht Rugby 13 - 16 Edinburgh Rugby

2. European Results

17/10/14: Bordeaux-Begles 13 - 15 Edinburgh Rugby

24/10/14: Edinburgh Rugby 25 - 17 Lyon

7/12/14: Edinburgh Rugby 25 - 13 London Welsh

14/12/14: London Welsh 6 - 24 Edinburgh Rugby

17/01/2015: Lyon 21 - 19 Edinburgh Rugby

23/01/2015: Edinburgh Rugby 38 - 20 Bordeaux-Begles

B. Glasgow
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo Orc10

1. League Results

Sat 6 Sep: Glasgow Warriors 22 - 20 Leinster Rugby

Sun 14 Sep: Cardiff Blues 12 - 33 Glasgow Warriors

Sat 20 Sep: Newport Gwent Dragons 13 - 33 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 26 Sep: Glasgow Warriors 39 - 21 Connacht Rugby

Sun 5 Oct: Benetton Treviso 23 - 40 Glasgow Warriors

Sat 11 Oct: Ulster Rugby 29 - 9 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 31 Oct: Glasgow Warriors 17 - 9 Benetton Treviso

Fri 21 Nov: Scarlets 19 - 9 Glasgow Warriors

Sun 30 Nov: Glasgow Warriors 19 - 15 Newport Gwent Dragons

Sat 20 Dec: Glasgow Warriors 21 - 18 Munster Rugby

Sat 27 Dec: Glasgow Warriors 16 - 6 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 2 Jan: Edinburgh Rugby 20 - 8 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 9 Jan: Glasgow Warriors 22 - 7 Scarlets

2. European Results

18/10/14: Glasgow Warriors 37 - 10 Bath Rugby

25/10/14: Montpellier 13 - 15 Glasgow Warriors

7/12/14: Toulouse 19 - 11 Glasgow Warriors

13/12/14: Glasgow Warriors 9 - 12 Toulouse

18/01/2015: Glasgow Warriors 21 - 10 Montpellier

25/01/2015: Bath Rugby 20 - 15 Glasgow Warriors

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat 31 Jan 2015, 12:44 pm; edited 6 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo

Post by RDW Wed 17 Dec 2014, 7:37 am

I see you've given up waiting on someone else to do it and have just done it yourself! Very Happy

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo

Post by George Carlin Wed 17 Dec 2014, 7:45 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:I see you've given up waiting on someone else to do it and have just done it yourself! Very Happy

Story of my life:
https://www.606v2.com/t56914-glasgow-warriors-v-munster-rugby-20-december
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 17 Dec 2014, 8:37 am

Are these threads being created on billable hours GC?

Is 606v2 going to get a rather sizeable invoice through the door in the future?

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:45 pm

Robbie Robinson could be an interesting punt for Edinburgh. Replace Struass, or possibly get some game time at 10.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:46 pm

An old, rusty birdcage that my Uncle Dougie found could replace Strauss.

There would be very little loss of utility.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 17 Dec 2014, 4:07 pm

I keep forgetting that we have Burleigh and Bezzy on the books as well. Two additional reasons why Strauss isn't required as both could do a better turn at 12.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 17 Dec 2014, 8:57 pm

There are children all over the world who can't sleep with excitement waiting for Chrimbo. I'm all atingle with anticip.....ation waiting to see poor Alex Dunbar try to cope with the pace and guile of Lightning McStrauss on the 27th. Run
I hope Toonie spoils us and unleashes the Coo too.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed 17 Dec 2014, 9:56 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:I see you've given up waiting on someone else to do it and have just done it yourself! Very Happy
That's what she said.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 17 Dec 2014, 10:12 pm

jimbopip wrote:There are children all over the world who can't sleep with excitement waiting for Chrimbo. I'm all atingle with anticip.....ation waiting to see poor Alex Dunbar try to cope with the pace and guile of Lightning McStrauss on the 27th. Run
I hope Toonie spoils us and unleashes the Coo too.

He has had three run outs for Currie now, so maybe we will see him soon. You just don't know what kind of player he is going to be now after such a long layoff. Perhaps he will be even better than before!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 18 Dec 2014, 11:07 am

Looks like all the big money European deals are being done just now - Carter to Racing, Adam Ashley-Cooper to UBB, James Horwill to 'quins.

Glasgow and Edinburgh obviously are no where near in the same league to attract these kind of players, but I do hope Lineen et al are doing their best to pick up what players they can.

Shopping list:

Glasgow -

2nd row
Openside
Scrum half
Centre (outside Dunbar and Bennett the quality drops significantly)

Edinburgh -

Tighthead (Andress is solid yet unspectacular)
6/8
Outside centre

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 18 Dec 2014, 12:26 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Looks like all the big money European deals are being done just now - Carter to Racing, Adam Ashley-Cooper to UBB, James Horwill to 'quins.

Glasgow and Edinburgh obviously are no where near in the same league to attract these kind of players, but I do hope Lineen et al are doing their best to pick up what players they can.

Shopping list:

Glasgow -

2nd row
Openside
Scrum half
Centre (outside Dunbar and Bennett the quality drops significantly)

Edinburgh -

Tighthead (Andress is solid yet unspectacular)
6/8
Outside centre
I think that list is damn-near accurate to where we are at the moment.

If we weren't concerned at all about players being Scotland-qualified, developing new talent, whether players would want to come (i.e. if it would scupper their international prospects), and whether we could actually afford them, who would you guys pick?

Just for fun, you are limited to one player from each country, and only one player from the other home nations.

For me,
Glasgow:
Lock - Joe Launchbury (ENG)
Openside - Michael Hooper (AUS)
Scrum half - Sébastien Tillous-Borde (FRA)
Centre - Screw it... Jean de Villiers (RSA) - in for a penny, in for a Rand.

Edinburgh:
Tighthead - Ramiro Herrera (ARG)
6/8 - Victor Vito (NZL)
Outside centre - Michele Campagnaro (ITA)
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 18 Dec 2014, 1:00 pm

I'm intrigued by the comment above that these players are out of our league.

What is our 'league', exactly? Am genuinely curious. As far as Glasgow is concerned, we finished runner up in one of the two UK pro leagues last year. That means that in addition to Leinster, we are only really competing against the top 6 English clubs and top 6 French clubs in terms of reputation.

Why wouldn't we be able to sign a Joe Launchbury, for example. I really hope to hell that Bomrys and Toonie favour overreaching rather than underreaching in this respect.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Thu 18 Dec 2014, 1:23 pm

George Carlin wrote:I'm intrigued by the comment above that these players are out of our league.

What is our 'league', exactly? Am genuinely curious. As far as Glasgow is concerned, we finished runner up in one of the two UK pro leagues last year. That means that in addition to Leinster, we are only really competing against the top 6 English clubs and top 6 French clubs in terms of reputation.

Why wouldn't we be able to sign a Joe Launchbury, for example. I really hope to hell that Bomrys and Toonie favour overreaching rather than underreaching in this respect.

Only out of their league in terms of the amount of money we could offer. The top four / six English clubs and many of the French clubs are in a league of their own in this respect.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 18 Dec 2014, 1:52 pm

Aye, when it comes to funding we are still a long long way behind the big spenders!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 18 Dec 2014, 2:32 pm

There's only one thing for it.

FES and Maj will have to sell their Stockbridge townhouses and move to a run-down caravan park in Crieff. I always had them down as selfless sorts.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Thu 18 Dec 2014, 3:55 pm

You know who I think we could get if we went all guns blazing, Richie McCaw.

He is unashamedly proud of his Scottish heritage, an accomplished pipe player, and has consistently shown that he's willing to turn down big money for passion.

If, and it looks like it may happen, Solomons is given the boot at the end of the season then why not offer to make the big man a player coach. Would obviously require someone else above him, but offering him a fast route into the next stage of his career, and a reasonably healthy paypacket, could tempt him.

Pie in the sky I know but one can only dream.

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Thu 18 Dec 2014, 4:47 pm

The more I think about it the more this is a winning idea!

Take Solomon's salary and combine it with a marquee player salary and we may be able to offer him something healthy.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo 5441403

madmaccas

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 18 Dec 2014, 4:47 pm

Who says that the lord of offside would be a good coach?

Good players dont always make good coaches! Just ask martin Johnson!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Thu 18 Dec 2014, 4:54 pm

tigertattie wrote:Who says that the lord of offside would be a good coach?

Good players dont always make good coaches! Just ask martin Johnson!

I'm willing to bet my porridge he's better than Solomons. Susan Boyle would be a better bet, in fact I think she'd be a better 12 than Strauss to boot.

madmaccas

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 18 Dec 2014, 4:58 pm

George Carlin wrote:I'm intrigued by the comment above that these players are out of our league.

It's a fair question. Wasps aren't exactly rolling in cash, and are about to move to Coventry. I certainly wouldn't live there, it's even worse than Glasgow.... vomit

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 18 Dec 2014, 4:59 pm

The Dark Lord may yet make a good side but let us not forget he is quite OCD about playing in a winning side. Scotstoun is the only port of call for him then. Unfortunately we're rather chokker with good coaches at the moment but I suppose he could play while Fozzie's ankle gets better. Whistle

Last edited by jimbopip on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Utterly shocking spelling)

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 18 Dec 2014, 5:05 pm

IanBru wrote:
For me,
Glasgow:
Lock - Joe Launchbury Sean Cox (ENG)
Openside - Michael Hooper Matt Dunning (AUS)
Scrum half - Sébastien Tillous-Borde Piri Weepu (NZ)
Centre - Screw it... Jean de Villiers Ben Atiga (NZ) - in for a penny, in for a RandGreggs.

Edinburgh:
Tighthead - Ramiro Herrera Owen Franks (NZ)
6/8 - Victor Vito Duane Vermeulen (SA)
Outside centre - Michele Campagnaro Wesley Fofana (FR)

Updated

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 18 Dec 2014, 5:11 pm

Jim and FES Laugh

Alas, I won't be able to make it to this year's annual mascara massacre. Sucks the big one, but family needs are family needs - got a brother at a loose end that day, and he'll need entertaining.

AndrewBru's wife has drawn the short straw (perhaps the shortest since the one that brought young Heathcote off the bench in the Aberdeen test), so she's working in A&E on Christmas day, boxing day and the 27th as well. Don't get me wrong, she's lovely, but she's also a trainee surgeon - there's only so many roast dinners she can ruin by describing the feeling of having her hands in some guy's chest, right as I'm chomping on some particularly juicy hind-quarters. vomit
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Thu 18 Dec 2014, 5:13 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
IanBru wrote:
For me,
Glasgow:
Lock - Joe Launchbury Sean Cox (ENG)
Openside - Michael Hooper Matt Dunning (AUS)
Scrum half - Sébastien Tillous-Borde Piri Weepu (NZ)
Centre - Screw it... Jean de Villiers Ben Atiga (NZ) - in for a penny, in for a RandGreggs.

Edinburgh:
Tighthead - Ramiro Herrera Owen Franks (NZ)
6/8 - Victor Vito Duane Vermeulen (SA)
Outside centre - Michele Campagnaro Wesley Fofana (FR)

Updated

Harsh on Sean Cox in my opinion, he never let the side down and always gave 100%, Van der Westhuizen was a much much bigger failure.

Glasgow should really recruit an enforcer in the 2nd row someone in the mould of Aly Muldowney.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 18 Dec 2014, 5:51 pm

IanBru wrote:Jim and FES Laugh

Alas, I won't be able to make it to this year's annual mascara massacre. Sucks the big one, but family needs are family needs - got a brother at a loose end that day, and he'll need entertaining.

AndrewBru's wife has drawn the short straw (perhaps the shortest since the one that brought young Heathcote off the bench in the Aberdeen test), so she's working in A&E on Christmas day, boxing day and the 27th as well. Don't get me wrong, she's lovely, but she's also a trainee surgeon - there's only so many roast dinners she can ruin by describing the feeling of having her hands in some guy's chest, right as I'm chomping on some particularly juicy hind-quarters. vomit

Ian that's a blow. Does this mean that I'm drinking for you? I can gaze all doe eyed at Lady Schiz for you but it was your turn to administer his medication.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 18 Dec 2014, 6:07 pm

Jimbo - tell Schiz to get his erse back on here. I miss his glue-sniffing inspired banter.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 18 Dec 2014, 7:41 pm

Fester will you be there to witness the Luvvies being chastised? If so why not tell him yourself, in the Scout hut over something liquid?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:56 pm

I should at the Murrayfield game on the 2nd but not the Glasgow home leg sadly.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:58 pm

FES, I've got a seat if you want it. PM me.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 18 Dec 2014, 11:32 pm

I can only say that that is typical of your good self Brubrother. But it wont save your stones. Shocked

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 19 Dec 2014, 10:38 am

Sorry we really are going to get humped this year eh
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 19 Dec 2014, 12:29 pm

tigertattie wrote:Sorry we really are going to get humped this year eh

I'll save my detailed, insightful analysis until GC sets up the thread proper, but anything could happen over these games - you know what derbies are like.

Yes Glasgow are going to win both games and get a try BP in at least one of them, but I think Edinburgh will put up a decent fight for the first 60 minutes or so of the Murrayfield leg - they normally tend to.

A lot will come down to injuries I think and what players both teams can get back.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 19 Dec 2014, 1:17 pm

IanBru wrote:FES, I've got a seat if you want it. PM me.

That's extremely kind, however my issue is less lack of ticket and more lack of liberty due to BabyfES. Thanks anyway though.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 19 Dec 2014, 3:38 pm

Think I've found the solution to the woeful crowds at Edinburgh...
Migrant workers in Qatar get one dollar an hour for sitting in the stadiums and pretending to have fun, to applaud and to do the wave, AP reports.
http://rt.com/news/215363-qatar-fifa-fake-fans/

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 20 Dec 2014, 8:52 am

GLove39 wrote:Think I've found the solution to the woeful crowds at Edinburgh...
Migrant workers in Qatar get one dollar an hour for sitting in the stadiums and pretending to have fun, to applaud and to do the wave, AP reports.
http://rt.com/news/215363-qatar-fifa-fake-fans/

Could any of them play inside centre per chance?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 20 Dec 2014, 9:07 am

My pantaloons wearing brothers...you're on a winning run: please don't change that team. Fingers Crossed

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 20 Dec 2014, 9:34 am

In other news, the 1872 A game will take place on Monday. Glasgow's team is TBC, but Edinburgh have listed a strong squad with some exciting young players (which may change as some of those players played last night)

Edinburgh A team v Glasgow A, BT Murrayfield (back pitch), Monday 22 Jan, k/o 7.30pm

15 Ruairi HOWARTH
14 Damien HOYLAND
13 Chris DEAN
12 Joaquin DOMINGUEZ
11 Tom BROWN
10 Jade TE RURE
9 Sean KENNEDY

1 Nick BEVAN
2 Stuart McINALLY
3 Simon BERGHAN
4 Ollie ATKINS
5 Alex TOOLIS
6 Jamie RITCHIE
7 Hugh BLAKE
8 Magnus BRADBURY

Substitutes
16 James HILTERBRAND
17 Struan CESSFORD
18 Jason HILL
19 Callum HUNTER-HALL
20 Ally MILLER
21 Alex GLASHAN
22 Carl BEZUIDENHOUT
23 Grant McCONNELL
24 Callum ANDERSON

Very interested to hear how our new 7 and 10 get on, and it is great to see Dean and Hoyland getting some gametime.

Bezzy back from injury too which is good.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 20 Dec 2014, 9:38 am

I just watched the fisticuffs from last night's game. Listening to the ref, Grayson Hart gets "only a yellow" because he can't actually throw a decent punch! Now I abhor violence at any level... but that's embarrassing. It reminds me of the time Tommy Smith and Mike England were ordered off after trading right hooks in a Liverpool v Tottenham match. On the Monday morning at training Bill Shankly told Tommy Smith he was fining him a week's wages ,
" You're a disgrace. You punched that man three times. And he was still standing, you're a disgrace I tell you." Whistle
Let's hope there's none of that next week.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 20 Dec 2014, 1:17 pm

Well if glasgow select Mr Attitude problem then we're almost guaranteed a kerfuffle!

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 20 Dec 2014, 2:26 pm

Well having saved up for the last year and with our Sunday best on, I took Mrs RDW-to-be down to Stockbridge and we had a coffee at the Raeburn.

Quickly saw that Grayson Hart, Tonks and Beard were there too - Hart sporting a nice shiner on his face so the guy obviously landed a few on him!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Sat 20 Dec 2014, 6:45 pm

The 1872 game is shaping up well.

Glasgow aren't performing on all cylinders and Edinburgh are on a rich vein of form. I think Glasgow will win, but I don't think they'll be running away with it.

Edinburgh's defence was very strong against Treviso, with a good scrum and lineout. Also the kicking was very encouraging.

The 3 players to watch from Edinburgh and Glasgow for me would be:

Roddy Grant - Was immense vs Treviso and has been consistently good for Edinburgh. Potential here to outplay Holmes/Fusaro and get into the Scotland squad, and hopefully get a [deserved] first cap.

David Denton - Against Treviso he was very good, running the ball back well and supporting play out on the wing. Also instrumental in quite a few mauls.

Matt Scott - With Dunbar playing so well, and pressure from Mark Bennett, Matt Scott needs to show his best. I reckon we could see him at 12 and Beard at 13.

Maitland - Needs to show he's a better option than Visser. Would be good to see some of his kicking skills, and running skills.

Russell/Weir - Will need to reaffirm their places - Russell has been iffy recently and Weir needs to attack the line better. Against hopeful Tonks and Heathcote (whose kicking was exemplary vs Treviso), this will be a good test.

Ryan Grant - Would be tempted to put whole Glasgow front row. Dickinson is loving the new scrum laws surely, the Edinburgh scrum was like an Olympic sprinter last night. His work in the loose is also encouraging. Should be a good dual.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 20 Dec 2014, 8:29 pm

GLove39 wrote:Well if glasgow select Mr Attitude problem then we're almost guaranteed a kerfuffle!

You may have kerfuffles in the less salubrious parts of Yestown but in the people's republic of Glasgow we have; rammies, barneys or if you're really lucky stairheid stramashes. I'm so looking forward to the Slaughter of the Effeminates.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Dec 2014, 8:55 am

Well it's 3 days before Christmas, and I'm at work on a building site. So since all the men actually doing the building have gone home for Christmas, I have absolutely hee haw to do at work for the next few days! Yahoo

Therefore to make up for GC's tardiness, I'm going to get started on an 1872 thread.... king

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Dec 2014, 9:48 am

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 22 Dec 2014, 11:31 am

So now we have two locations in which to mock the exfoliators. Slightly spoiled for choice. I have it on good authority that the motivational video on the Luvvies coach through to Scotstoun was to be "Billy Elliot" but after complaints from the players they decided to stick with "PS I love you". Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo 3754190863

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Dec 2014, 1:34 pm

Teams named for the 1872 A team game tonight. Most importantly, the Coo is named starting for Glasgow!

Glasgow
15. Glenn Bryce
14. Lewis Young (Scotland 7s)
13. Gregor Young (Scotland 7s)
12. James Downey
11. Rory Hughes
10. Fraser Lyle
9. Ali Price

1. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
2. Fergus Scott
3. Mike Cusack
4. Scott Cummings
5. Al Kellock (Captain
6. Tommy Spinks
7. Will Bordill
8. James Eddie

Replacements from:

George Hunter, James Malcolm, Roussow De Klerk/ Zander Fagerson, Rob McAlpine (Ayr), Jonny Agnew (Glasgow Hawks), Lewis Wynne (Stirling County), Matt Smith, Blair McPherson (Ayr), David Armstrong (Ayr), Gavin Lowe, Reuben Norville (Scotland U20), Danny McLuskey (Ayr), Paul Ramsay (Glasgow Hawks), Robbie Fergusson (Ayr)

Edinburgh A team v Glasgow A, BT Murrayfield (back pitch), Monday 22 Jan, k/o 7.30pm
15 Ruairi HOWARTH
14 Damien HOYLAND
13 Chris DEAN
12 Joaquin DOMINGUEZ
11 Tom BROWN
10 Jade TE RURE
9 Sean KENNEDY

1 Nick BEVAN
2 Stuart McINALLY
3 Simon BERGHAN
4 Ollie ATKINS
5 Alex TOOLIS
6 Jamie RITCHIE
7 Hugh BLAKE
8 Magnus BRADBURY

Substitutes
16 James HILTERBRAND
17 Struan CESSFORD
18 Jason HILL
19 Callum HUNTER-HALL
20 Ally MILLER
21 Alex GLASHAN
22 Carl BEZUIDENHOUT
23 Grant McCONNELL
24 Callum ANDERSON

Edinburgh team probably looks stronger on paper, with trialists Jade Te Rure and Hugh Blake getting gametime.

Would be good to go to this tonight if I could - anyone able to? 7:30 Murrayfield back pitches

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 22 Dec 2014, 1:36 pm

I think a simple threat to leave them in Glasgow rather than drive them home if they lose would suffice, no need for a video.

Slightly "out of the blue" choice of movies there Jimbo.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 22 Dec 2014, 1:39 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Would be good to go to this tonight if I could - anyone able to? 7:30 Murrayfield back pitches

I'll try but I suspect I've used up my chips going to the Treviso game.

Mike Cusack vs Nick Bevan. This should carry an 18 certificate.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 22 Dec 2014, 1:41 pm

Delighted that Hoyland is fit and playing. Hoyland to right wing Mr Solomons and Fife to 13. Also good to see Dean getting a game, and Bezzy back in the reckoning.

I had thought Alex Toolis was out on loan, but maybe we called him back with Gilchrist and Bresler out.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next