The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season

+27
JDizzle
BamBam
Mat
GSC
Roller_Coaster
Hero
lfc91
FootballLight
Good Golly I'm Olly
Gerry SA
Ent
Hammersmith harrier
super_realist
guildfordbat
hampo17
freemo
Marky
Dolphin Ziggler
nadeem2099
Liam
westisbest
compelling and rich
Crimey
kingraf
VDT
NickisBHAFC
Fernando
31 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season - Page 2 Empty January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season

Post by Fernando Sun 28 Dec 2014, 4:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

With it opening in in a few days time who would you like to see your club bring in?

Elijero Elia has joined Southampton on Loan to go through on Jan 3
Nelson Oliviera has joined Swansea on loan to go through on Jan 3

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season - Page 2 Empty Re: January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season

Post by westisbest Wed 07 Jan 2015, 11:28 am

super_realist wrote:Why is the window open so long? Why don't they just make it a week then that would force people to do business quickly instead of leaving it to the last minute like someone leaving it to the last minute to study for an exam.

Bloody pantomime.

The last day is the best part of the transfer window.

Jim White getting carried away as usual.

Great viewing,(not as good as Natalie Sawyer though Very Happy )

westisbest

Back to top Go down

January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season - Page 2 Empty Re: January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season

Post by guildfordbat Wed 07 Jan 2015, 11:50 am

John wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:
LiamB wrote:Mark Schwarzer to Leicester City on permanent deal

With Krull and Elliott crocked, I thought Newcastle should have tried for Schwarzer on a short term signing.

He wanted a permanent move, we only interested in a month loan. Why would we want Schwarzer on a free transfer, when in a month we will have Krul & Elliott back, along with Darlow next summer.

I agree a month loan would have been ideal for you. With that not being acceptable, could you have tried to splash the cash and get him in for the rest of the season? Whilst he would have been unlikely to play beyond the first month, I think it would still have been money well spent if it helped stop the rot now.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jan 2015, 12:13 pm

Rumours of a United bid for Ron Vlaar at a measly £1.5m.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jan 2015, 12:20 pm

That's probably all United need, Vlaar to steady the ship at the back & with Amos leaving, signing up Victor Valdes. I don't see United going big again until the summer, when they've got back into Champions League football.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 07 Jan 2015, 12:27 pm

Arsenal linked with Isco.

Don't need him need a CB/DM. so it'll probably be welcome to Arsenal Isco as usual Laugh

Suso to join AC Milan in July

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 07 Jan 2015, 12:29 pm

John wrote:Rumours of a United bid for Ron Vlaar at a measly £1.5m.

£1.5m what a joke.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jan 2015, 12:35 pm

westisbest wrote:
John wrote:Rumours of a United bid for Ron Vlaar at a measly £1.5m.

£1.5m what a joke.

Nearing 30, six months left on contract, I'd say if you got £4m-£5m, you've done very well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 07 Jan 2015, 12:36 pm

LA Galaxy coach says Gerrard will join them in July.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 07 Jan 2015, 1:10 pm

Negredo basically isn't on loan btw, I think its structured that way because Valencia hadn't quite been taken over when he was signed but they are obligated to sign him, City can't get him back now. Also reportedly a personal matter for Negredo that he wanted to go back to Spain, believe there was an alleged infidelity.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jan 2015, 2:14 pm

Yeah, Peter Lim has been quite clever in the way he's structured permanent deals, but turned them into loans for this season, in pleasing the FFP rules. He's done it with Rodrigo, who they signed for £30m. Also signed Otamendi, Negredo & Enzo Perez from Benfica, I expect Valencia will be back in contention in the coming seasons & beating Real last week showed that progress.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 07 Jan 2015, 2:17 pm

Stoke have confirmed their interest in Shaqiri, so silly season has well and truly started.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 07 Jan 2015, 2:25 pm

Suso has agreed a move to Milan in the summer according to his agent, really annoyed by this as he could have been a very good player given the chance. Rodgers just seemed to keep him out in the cold though.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jan 2015, 2:31 pm

hampo171 wrote:Stoke have confirmed their interest in Shaqiri, so silly season has well and truly started.

Haha who could of ever imagined a line up like this at Stoke a few year back

-----------------CROUCH------------
ARNAUTOVIC--SHAQIRI----BOJAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jan 2015, 3:01 pm

LiamB wrote:That's probably all United need, Vlaar to steady the ship at the back & with Amos leaving, signing up Victor Valdes

Victor Valdes signed up, 18 month deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 07 Jan 2015, 3:19 pm

Not a bad signing as a back up keeper but it worries me more about De Gea. We need to get him signed up to a new contract fast with Madrid constantly sniffing around.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 07 Jan 2015, 3:21 pm

Id be worried too, Valdes will be a big chunk of money and I can't see him being too delighted being sat on the bench...

Maybe you can swap De Gea & some Wonga for Bale/Varane etc

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 07 Jan 2015, 6:22 pm

It's all preparation for De Gea becoming a Galáctico in July. At least this way, they don't suffer from hyperinflation in August when everybody knows United need a goalie.

Stoke for Shaqiri? Thats an interesting one, we should try sign him up if this is his ambition, we just got £30 million for Bony.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 07 Jan 2015, 6:24 pm

He's got Liverpool and Inter after him Raf, don't think a move to Swansea or Stoke will be high on his agenda.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 07 Jan 2015, 6:46 pm

Inter, Stoke, Pool, Swansea are roughly the same level at the moment. If we don't get him, there won't be tears, but I'd love a decent go at getting him.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 07 Jan 2015, 6:50 pm

Swansea are a level below Inter and Liverpool on pulling power buddy, also think Swansea are performing punching above their weight and expect them to struggle once Bony goes.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 07 Jan 2015, 6:51 pm

Liam wrote:Not a bad signing as a back up keeper but it worries me more about De Gea. We need to get him signed up to a new contract fast with Madrid constantly sniffing around.

the lad has consistently over the last few years our best player, just chuck the money at him. he deserves it

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 07 Jan 2015, 6:59 pm

He'll sign a new deal before the Summer, i'm certain of that, we spent far too much money in the Summer to then let our best player leave. It's quite telling that I don't think any player has signed a new contract since LVG took over, the longer we leave it the less money we'll have to spend in the long run.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 07 Jan 2015, 7:08 pm

I'm not as anxious for De Gea as I was beginning of the season. Casillas has improved big time, and we're scoring for fun, which quietens the anti Iker brigade. Still, the longer he goes without a contract, the more I'm convinced we're gonna get him on the cheap. Conversely, the once he signs, I just think it means we're paying kings ransom for him. De Gea is a Madrileño though, the wrong kind, which does unfortunately mean realistically we'd have to either throw big money at him, and by him I mean him, not his club or Utd would have to be doing incredibly poor for this to ever be realistic. I just like making it sound like it's fait accompli to pis.si off Utd fans.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 2:39 pm

Shaqiri has joined Inter Milan then, another player Liverpool should and could have signed, doubt we would have offered him the same wage given the chance though.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Jan 2015, 2:50 pm

Liverpool have that type of player in Lallana/Coutinho already, not a massive blow missing out. It's sorting the defence out, signing a reliable keeper & a getting in a striker that can actually score, unlike Mario

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 08 Jan 2015, 2:58 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2901099/Is-Luis-Suarez-heading-England-Chelsea-Manchester-City-United-Arsenal-red-alert-Barcelona-turmoil.html

Go home Media you're drunk

Got another 25 days of crap like this Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Jan 2015, 3:35 pm

It's a stupid story, but hasn't surprised me that the Suarez move hasn't worked out & probably never will. Grass isn't always greener & was never going to be centre of attacks or oust Messi or replicate the goal scoring form of his Anfield days. Hasn't helped Enrique being out of his depth either. He won't be going anywhere but I doubt he will put up with playing second or third fiddle for more than two seasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Jan 2015, 3:48 pm

Olympiacos prepared to gamble on Balotelli? Surely it would bankrupt the Greek economy!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 08 Jan 2015, 4:43 pm

I said I didn't expect Suarez to do as well at Barcelona, but do think people are judging it well too early, he started playing in mid-October and will only just be reaching full match fitness. He's at a new club in a new league and playing a very different role than the one he has played throughout his career, it will take time to adjust and 3 in 12 isn't atrocious with that context. 

It's ridiculous that Barcelona are considered in turmoil when they're in contention for every trophy and have lost I think 4 times this season. I know off the pitch they're a mess, but on the pitch they're not actually doing too bad and it's ridiculous that this is what they consider a real problem. It does seem clear that Messi holds far too much power at Barcelona.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 08 Jan 2015, 4:47 pm

Well 2 directors have gone, The president has called an early election and the players aren't happy with Luis Enrique in charge.

Id say that's a turmoil to most

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 08 Jan 2015, 4:57 pm

If in years to come is revealed to be down to messi I wonder how it will effect his legacy.

Ronaldinho was the previous king of the camp nou and had started slacking in training etc and Guardiola got rid of him, also got rid of a peak eto'o for similar reasons.

Could be an interesting time ahead for barca- they've imploded from a successful position before and it took nearly a decade for them to get it back together.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 08 Jan 2015, 5:12 pm

Fernando wrote:Well 2 directors have gone, The president has called an early election and the players aren't happy with Luis Enrique in charge.

Id say that's a turmoil to most

Which is why I clarified between on the pitch and off the pitch, on the pitch they're doing pretty good, I know they've had a few losses but all in all even the best teams in Europe would be pretty happy being in Barca's position.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 08 Jan 2015, 7:26 pm

hampo171 wrote:Shaqiri has joined Inter Milan then, another player Liverpool should and could have signed, doubt we would have offered him the same wage given the chance though.

Not a massive miss Hampo, far too inconsistent, he'll have one brilliant game but then follow it up with a lot of dross for weeks, even in his brilliant games he's incredibly wasteful.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Jan 2015, 7:36 pm

Incredibly wasteful, not sure about that. I remember him running rings around Ferguson's United & wasn't wasteful when he helped Basel knock them out of the Champs Lge a few seasons back. Tough for him at Bayern & not given a chance. Agree, it's not a huge miss, seeing as he's similar to Lallana/Coutinho types, but still a good player, who with first team football could develop even further.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 08 Jan 2015, 7:45 pm

LiamB wrote:Incredibly wasteful, not sure about that. I remember him running rings around Ferguson's United & wasn't wasteful when he helped Basel knock them out of the Champs Lge a few seasons back. Tough for him at Bayern & not given a chance. Agree, it's not a huge miss, seeing as he's similar to Lallana/Coutinho types, but still a good player, who with first team football could develop even further.

So one game disproves that he's wasteful and woefully inconsistent?

I can remember Valencia running rings around Ashley Cole but that one game years ago doesn't make him a world beater.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 7:49 pm

It's not so much the player we missed out on, it's more that it is another player we've missed out on, missed out on too many lately.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 08 Jan 2015, 8:05 pm

So turns out Lampard was never a New York player but signed to the Sheikh's company who could move him about as he wished...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/08/frank-lampard-manchester-city-premier-league-response-new-york-city-fc?CMP=share_btn_tw

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 08 Jan 2015, 8:13 pm

Surely that's third party ownership which the FA don't allow?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 09 Jan 2015, 12:21 am

There's some decent loans and players knocking about. The likes of Salah or Joel Campbell must be shouts.

Vlaar being out for six weeks at least stops the scrutiny of his every move this window

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 09 Jan 2015, 1:18 pm

Fernando wrote:So turns out Lampard was never a New York player but signed to the Sheikh's company who could move him about as he wished...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/08/frank-lampard-manchester-city-premier-league-response-new-york-city-fc?CMP=share_btn_tw

A big overreaction from the media. Here's what really (probably) happened and will happen.

Lampard agrees a deal in principle to join New York City in March 2015.
Man City approached Lampard who was still a free agent and offered him a deal until January.
Lampard shows he's still got it, and Man City manage to extend his deal until May.
Everyone thinks it's a big scam even though the Premier League said no-one's broken any rules.
Lampard will still join New York City at the end of the season.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Jan 2015, 2:31 pm

Blanc states PSG have ruled themselves out of signing Moussa Sissoko. Ashley's £25m price tag put them off. Arsenal won't stump up that either, so I'm pretty confident he's going nowhere this window.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 11 Jan 2015, 7:20 pm

Someone is pitching for a move already Laugh Whistle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2905572/Arsenal-club-heart-reveals-Newcastle-midfielder-Moussa-Sissoko.html

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jan 2015, 8:03 pm

What a load of ****

Arsenal might be in your heart, but they won't be making a £25m offer for you son, so pipe down & get back to preparing for Southampton next weekend. Daily Fail can f*** off too printing this garbage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Jan 2015, 4:36 pm

Haha well done Pardew. Yaya 'I'm a massive pile of poopie' Sanogo is joining Palace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Jan 2015, 5:35 pm

At least Palace have a manager & WILL sign players this window

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 12 Jan 2015, 5:56 pm

Someone ring Pardew and tell him Nolan fancies a crack at things at Palace

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Jan 2015, 7:01 pm

LiamB wrote:At least Palace have a manager & WILL sign players this window

Pipe down, son. You don't know anything about football, judging from your posts.

We will have a manager by next week & I'm sure we will bring in at least one, probably Diego Capel, who's basically on a plate for us

@DZ - Palace taking on chicken dance boys wages, slimmer than slim! Palace are getting loans be usse they've blown their budget on compensation Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Mon 12 Jan 2015, 9:35 pm

Guillem Balague claims Cristiano has told his Real Madrid teammates he wants to return to Manchester United one day...

How you at CB Ronny?

LvG 'desperate' to land German Mats Hummels, reports claim a bid of £40m has been tabled. Also linked with French youngster Aymeric Laporte from Bilbao for £25m.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 12 Jan 2015, 9:40 pm

Matija Nastasic is heading to Schalke on loan, Which has prompted Benedikt Howedes rumors with Arsenal/United linked.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 13 Jan 2015, 2:28 am

Guardian today claim United are on red alert to go after Messi. I can only see Gerry thinking that's possible

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next