The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadal: My favourite Australian Open memory is the 2012 final

+8
temporary21
Jahu
laverfan
Danny_1982
LuvSports!
socal1976
HM Murdock
It Must Be Love
12 posters

Go down

Nadal: My favourite Australian Open memory is the 2012 final  Empty Nadal: My favourite Australian Open memory is the 2012 final

Post by It Must Be Love Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:30 pm

My hero confirms there's nothing he loves more than losing Wink

I do see this as evidence actually of great mental strength, willpower and determination; viewing such a bad loss as 2012 in that light- great heart.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Nadal: My favourite Australian Open memory is the 2012 final  Empty Re: Nadal: My favourite Australian Open memory is the 2012 final

Post by HM Murdock Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:51 pm

A mild surprise but it wasn't really a bad loss. As he says, it was the match where he realised he'd turned the corner against Novak.

Does anyone else think his eyebrow raise has become even more extended? It's almost vertical now!

Last edited by HM Murdoch on Sat 10 Jan 2015, 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Nadal: My favourite Australian Open memory is the 2012 final  Empty Re: Nadal: My favourite Australian Open memory is the 2012 final

Post by socal1976 Sat 10 Jan 2015, 6:21 am

It was a feat of athleticism especially by Novak who had a war with Murray just two days before that went almost five hours. The match point played by Djokovic was really brilliant, he knew he had to go for it and finish Nadal off.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jan 2015, 11:15 am

The most boring match in living memory (ok probably second to Isner Mahut).

I've had more fun watching the London marathon.

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 10 Jan 2015, 11:28 am

The ceiling of "physicality" was hit, maybe never to return....

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sat 10 Jan 2015, 11:31 am

socal1976 wrote:It was a feat of athleticism especially by Novak who had a war with Murray just two days before that went almost five hours. The match point played by Djokovic was really brilliant, he knew he had to go for it and finish Nadal off.

Yeah, when the incredible athletic effort of that final is analysed it is often forgotten that Novak came through a similar war 2 days before. Over 10 hours of top level competitive sport in 48 hours. Bet he slept well that Sunday night.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 10 Jan 2015, 12:24 pm

emancipator wrote:The most boring match in living memory (ok probably second to Isner Mahut).

I've had more fun watching the London marathon.

ghost

emancipator

I loved it, you can call it boring if you like I enjoyed it.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jan 2015, 12:57 pm

I enjoyed the last point. It was great. Other than that it was an average quality match made boring by the fact that every point was played the same way. Oh and the fact that it was twice as long as necessary! Watching Nadal scramble and moonball from behind the Melbourne sign is not my cup of tea. Even the commentators sounded tired by the end.

Last edited by temporary21 on Sat 10 Jan 2015, 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Libellous and Inflammatory claims)

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 10 Jan 2015, 1:04 pm

emancipator wrote:I enjoyed the last point. It was great. Other than that it was an average quality match made boring by the fact that every point was played the same way. Oh and the fact that it was twice as long as necessary! Watching Nadal scramble and moonball from behind the Melbourne sign is not my cup of tea. Even the commys sounded tired by the end.

I also don't believe for a moment that Djokovic managed that physical feat without some 'assistance', and of course there is always a huge cloud of suspicion around Nadal.

ghost

emancipator

Well again your suspicions are your suspicions far be it from me to dissuade someone of something that exists only in their own head and in their beliefs. But short of evidence of a tangible nature I don't make too many assumptions about either player.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jan 2015, 1:14 pm

socal1976 wrote:
emancipator wrote:I enjoyed the last point. It was great. Other than that it was an average quality match made boring by the fact that every point was played the same way. Oh and the fact that it was twice as long as necessary! Watching Nadal scramble and moonball from behind the Melbourne sign is not my cup of tea. Even the commys sounded tired by the end.

I also don't believe for a moment that Djokovic managed that physical feat without some 'assistance', and of course there is always a huge cloud of suspicion around Nadal.

ghost

emancipator

Well again your suspicions are your suspicions far be it from me to dissuade someone of something that exists only in their own head and in their beliefs. But short of evidence of a tangible nature I don't make too many assumptions about either player.

Well.. if the Spanish government hadn't destroyed the evidence and instigated a proper investigation we may have got to the bottom of it. Ah well.. here's hoping to more bagels for the physical one. Bubbly

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 10 Jan 2015, 1:18 pm

emancipator wrote:
socal1976 wrote:

ghost

emancipator

Well.. if the Spanish government hadn't destroyed the evidence and instigated a proper investigation we may have got to the bottom of it. Ah well.. here's hoping to more bagels for the physical one. Bubbly

Well I hope he gets bagelled whenever he plays Novak so I can go along with you on that one.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sat 10 Jan 2015, 1:25 pm

The ITF revealed a few years ago that EPO testing was exclusively targeted at players who had a blood screening which indicated (but didn't prove) EPO use.

Between 2008-2009 it was Federer who was tested the most times.

Blah blah...if you want I have some more speculation or whatever; but in absence of real hard evidence assuming things is not correct.
Funnily enough it's those who hate Nadal and his style of play most (emancipator called him 'Nadull' the other day) who always seem to bring this up and speculate away with unfounded allegations against the player they happen to dislike. Not really surprising.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jan 2015, 1:28 pm

socal1976 wrote:
emancipator wrote:
socal1976 wrote:

ghost

emancipator

Well I hope he gets bagelled whenever he plays Novak so I can go along with you on that one.

Hehe.. tennis get so much more fun when the Nadull eats bagels. Yum yum Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sat 10 Jan 2015, 1:29 pm

Nadal isn't going to be facing Djokovic anytime soon, not in singles anyway.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jan 2015, 1:30 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:The ITF revealed a few years ago that EPO testing was exclusively targeted at players who had a blood screening which indicated (but didn't prove) EPO use.

Blah blah...if you want I have some more speculation or whatever; but in absence of real hard evidence assuming things is not correct.
Funnily enough it's those who hate Nadal and his style of play most (emancipator called him 'Nadull' the other day) who always seem to bring this up and speculate away with unfounded allegations against the player they happen to dislike. Not really surprising.

Sorry Red, I meant Nadal Very Happy

But it is kinda sad seeing him lose all his hair (although it's remarkably started growing back again Erm ) Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 10 Jan 2015, 1:54 pm

To me this part of the final was scary, to say the least. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhCzXwdUs_U

Mountaineering (one of the toughest endeavors - and I do not consider it a sport) comes to mind seeing this part.

If MS finals has stayed 5-setters, some of these encounters would like watching Boxing.

But if IMBL and SoCal are a fan of this style, so be it.

@IMBL... what is your evaluation of Nadal's recovery after the Stem Cell procedures?

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 10 Jan 2015, 2:21 pm

LF, kiss for New Year kiss (missed you Smile)

(bit of self-pleasure topic this, see I am already using better non-sexual words this 2015 Smile)
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sat 10 Jan 2015, 2:28 pm

Ok right, enough of the baiting everybody. Ive just had to delete YET another libellous claim, on two separate players. Seriously, the founders of this site dont have the money to be taken to court and they've already been warned.

This is a warning, further libellous claim from anyone will result in suspension. Now everyone get along.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 10 Jan 2015, 4:50 pm

And no fun either from you plectrum. Detention Haemoglobin. Nibble leave orifice alone!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 10 Jan 2015, 5:37 pm

emancipator wrote:
socal1976 wrote:

ghost

emancipator

For JC sake dont bring that garbage up again.., we are in 2015 let it drop will you

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jan 2015, 5:38 pm

Certainly not one of tennis's shining moments.

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat 10 Jan 2015, 5:42 pm

The direction this thread has taken reminds me Of Djokovic's play in his final service game against Karlovic yesterday. He knew he was beaten but couldn't handle it emotionally so resorted to irrational play. Similar to how Rafa's 14 has the effect of making some throw all their toys out the pram in an act of petulance Whistle

Back on topic. Rafa is crazy! He often says he loves the competition and has said more than once that he enjoys playing close nail biting matches rather than those easy 6-3, 6-2 wins. I'm half convinced he deliberately lets a lead slip or goes down a set and a break just to make it interesting Wink Very Happy

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 10 Jan 2015, 5:44 pm

Actually HE I think he gets off on the adrenalin rush ... it can be addictive you know even to those anti-Nadal posters who are urging him to lose !!!!!!! Whistle

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 10 Jan 2015, 5:48 pm

So we are not allowed to say anything about special stuff?
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Sat 10 Jan 2015, 5:50 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:The ITF revealed a few years ago that EPO testing was exclusively targeted at players who had a blood screening which indicated (but didn't prove) EPO use.

ahh but Amri that's not fair to just list Federer as Nadal, DelPotro, Roddick and others were on that exact same testing list as having been flagged in the screening and retested multiple times..  Federer was tested I think 2 or 3 more times because he was dealing with Mono which as you and I discussed before causes one to be looked at harder for EPO use.  

We must say that Federer and the others including Nadal when given that more stringent test- passed.    though the EPO use they were testing for at that point was already old technology and a top player doping would have moved far beyond that. Whole thing was a meaningless excerise in pretending to try and catch dopers.

To bring that up with Fed as the example and not mention the others is a cheap shot. " funnily enough it's those who hate (Federer) that.... not really surprising"

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 10 Jan 2015, 5:58 pm

Is there any mileage in regurgitating this line of discussion again. Sorry but I not see it relating to the topic and apart from the warnings that have already been given concerning 606v2 I think it only serves to alienate fans of both camps yet again we are back to using the word "hate"

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sat 10 Jan 2015, 6:12 pm

This entire topic is pointless. We dont know exactly how they test or if anything is going on. Without it, this just serves to annoy and get people riled up. Its best moved on from.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sat 10 Jan 2015, 6:16 pm

TRuffin wrote:

ahh but Amri that's not fair to just list Federer as Nadal, DelPotro, Roddick and others were on that exact same testing list as having been flagged in the screening and retested multiple times..  Federer was tested I think 2 or 3 more times because he was dealing with Mono which as you and I discussed before causes one to be looked at harder for EPO use.  

We must say that Federer and the others including Nadal when given that more stringent test- passed.    though the EPO use they were testing for at that point was already old technology and a top player doping would have moved far beyond that. Whole thing was a meaningless excerise in pretending to try and catch dopers.

To bring that up with Fed as the example and not mention the others is a cheap shot.  " funnily enough it's those who hate (Federer) that.... not really surprising"
I talk about Federer because emancipator brought it up, and he is a Federer fan. If I had wanted to I could have talked about about anybody.

I don't think Federer is doping, and there is no real evidence to suggest we should assume such a thing. That was the point I was trying to make, not that we can assume things for any player, be it Nadal or Federer.

Last edited by It Must Be Love on Sat 10 Jan 2015, 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat 10 Jan 2015, 6:21 pm

temporary21 wrote:This entire topic is pointless. We dont know exactly how they test or if anything is going on. Without it, this just serves to annoy and get people riled up. Its best moved on from.

But I like the article about Rafa's crazy competitive nature. It's extremely annoying when a topic is disrupted by posters who clearly don't want to discuss the subject up for discussion mad

Why can't we have a sticky for irrational hate fueled accusations. Then posters who are interested could all simmer in isolation. It could be called the "sticky DEFAMATION thread" censored

Last edited by hawkeye on Sat 10 Jan 2015, 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sat 10 Jan 2015, 6:24 pm

hawkeye wrote:The direction this thread has taken reminds me Of Djokovic's play in his final service game against Karlovic yesterday. He knew he was beaten but couldn't handle it emotionally so resorted to irrational play. Similar to how Rafa's 14 has the effect of making some throw all their toys out the pram in an act of petulance Whistle

Back on topic. Rafa is crazy! He often says he loves the competition and has said more than once that he enjoys playing close nail biting matches rather than those easy 6-3, 6-2 wins. I'm half convinced he deliberately lets a lead slip or goes down a set and a break just to make it interesting Wink Very Happy

I think mentally Nadal is one of the, if not the, strongest players I have seen.
I don't think he would ever give a point away, but he loves competing.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sat 10 Jan 2015, 6:24 pm

hawkeye wrote:
temporary21 wrote:This entire topic is pointless. We dont know exactly how they test or if anything is going on. Without it, this just serves to annoy and get people riled up. Its best moved on from.

But I like the article about Rafa's crazy competitive nature. It's extremely annoying when a topic is disrupted by posters who clearly don't want to discuss the subject up for discussion mad

Why can't we have a sticky for irrational hate fueled accusations. Then posters who are interested could all simmer in isolation.

The disrupted topic is entirely pointless He, plus its derailed the thread

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sat 10 Jan 2015, 6:25 pm

temporary21 wrote:
hawkeye wrote:

Why can't we have a sticky for irrational hate fueled accusations. Then posters who are interested could all simmer in isolation.

Correct, hopefully we can move on and not let trolls drag the discussion down.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sat 10 Jan 2015, 6:26 pm

After getting destroyed by Federer:

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat 10 Jan 2015, 6:29 pm

temporary21 wrote:
hawkeye wrote:

I know! But the article is good. Couldn't the pointless stuff be moved?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 10 Jan 2015, 6:29 pm

Why can't we have a sticky for irrational hate fueled accusations. Then posters who are interested could all simmer in isolation

Albeit that the accusations are as old as Methuselah but Im sure there must be a few who would like to pick over the bones Rolling Eyes

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sat 10 Jan 2015, 6:31 pm

Thats a lot of moving, which will come with a lot of complaint. I'd rather trust you all to move back into the topic of the thread naturally and be nice to one another.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat 10 Jan 2015, 6:36 pm

temporary21 wrote:Thats a lot of moving, which will come with a lot of complaint. I'd rather trust you all to move back into the topic of the thread naturally and be nice to one another.

OK. The last thing that is needed is lots of complaints disrupting the topic too...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sat 10 Jan 2015, 6:45 pm

I was shocked Nadal was more fond of 2012 final than 2009.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 10 Jan 2015, 6:53 pm

For me (I know this is not 2012) my favourite has to be the semi-final Nadal v Verdasco 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg1zgLWo6nI

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 10 Jan 2015, 8:19 pm

Verdasco played the best tie break i've ever seen. He hit like 5 winners to win it 7-1 and take it to a 5th.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 10 Jan 2015, 8:22 pm

LS it goes down as one of the best matches Ive seen. Verdasco proved in that he had the talent to be right  up there. It was an incredible match played at the top of their games.. made more interesting because they were friends, patriots and both L Handers
A match that neither deserved to lose

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 10 Jan 2015, 9:03 pm

Especially on that note (double fault).

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 10 Jan 2015, 9:15 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 11 Jan 2015, 5:20 am

TRuffin wrote:

To bring that up with Fed as the example and not mention the others is a cheap shot.  " funnily enough it's those who hate (Federer) that.... not really surprising"

Do you have to pull your I am the Chairman of the Federer Defense league routine and constantly attack those that voice any criticism of Federer? IMBL made a good point as the ITF used increased testing of those that as a result of previous testing raised some sort of flag for EPO use but the test was not a conclusive positive test. It was not in anyway a cheap shot at Federer. It is a fact that was raised as a result of innuendos directed at Nadal.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 11 Jan 2015, 3:45 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:LS it goes down as one of the best matches Ive seen. Verdasco proved in that he had the talent to be right  up there. It was an incredible match played at the top of their games.. made more interesting because they were friends, patriots and both L Handers
A match that neither deserved to lose

I personally prefer this match as well. It was a fantastic match, with some fascinating shot making. I wish Verdasco had achieved a bit more for all his efforts.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Tue 13 Jan 2015, 1:23 am

give me AO 09 any day..sets 2-4..I mean, I actually went on you tube watch and watched the whole match again.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down