The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NXT results 14/1

+2
Prometheus
Samo
6 posters

Go down

NXT results 14/1 Empty NXT results 14/1

Post by Samo Thu 15 Jan 2015, 6:06 pm

Renee Young, Alex Riley and Rich Brennan have the call as JoJo gets us straight into the action.
Finn Balor vs Tyson Kidd

Balor hits an immediate dropkick before he heads up top, then Kidd bails outside and Balor gives chase and rolls him back in the ring. Kidd rolls out the other side so Balor follows him again, but Kidd slams him into the barricade and kicks him a few times. Kidd rolls him inside and hits a legdrop, then he taunts Balor a bit and hits a neckbreaker. Kidd applies a side headlock before he puts Balor in tree of woe position, then he stomps Balor a few times before Balor kicks him in the face. Balor hits a reverse bulldog and an enziguri, then Kidd falls outside so Balor hits a suicide dive on the ramp. Kidd connects with a kick to the head, then he hits a springboard elbow drop for two before he applies a Sharpshooter. Balor gets to the ropes to break, then he pulls Kidd through the ropes and hits an inverted elevated DDT (Bloody Sunday), followed by a top rope diving kick to the head for the win.

Winner – Finn Balor

Excellent match. Kidd was an MVP of NXT last year, so a loss here doesnt hurt him, and Balor looked great coming out of it.

Devin Taylor is backstage with Bull Dempsey, who says Baron Corbin isn’t the only one undefeated in the next match, and it’s going to be a short fight. He says he is the last of a dying breed, and all Corbin will hear at the end of it is “Bull! Bull! Bull!”.

Bull Dempsey vs Baron Corbin

Baron goes right after Bull and they trade punches on the floor, then Baron slams his head on the mat and rolls him back in. Bull kicks him a few times before he hits a running splash, then he heads up top but Baron rolls away from a diving headbutt and hits End of Days for the win.

Winner – Baron Corbin

This is what it had to be. Two big brutes in a fight. I think it could and maybe should have went a bit longer, but they were saving time for the main event. I dont think this feuds over. Corbin was the right man to go over here. He has a charisma and ring presence that Dempsey just doesnt have. Keep an eye on this big guy, he's gonna be a big player one day.

Charlotte & Natalya vs Becky Lynch & Sasha Banks

Becky and Nattie trade headlocks before Becky takes a cheap shot, then Nattie gets peed and nails her with several forearm shots to the head. Nattie connects with a baseball slide kick before getting a near fall, then Charlotte hits her before Nattie assists with a wheelbarrow slam for two. Nattie kicks Banks in the back of the head and leaps over her, then she hits a basement dropkick before Banks knees her in the stomach. Banks gets a near fall, then she applies a straightjacket choke before Nattie breaks it and makes the tag. Charlotte hits a neckbreaker, then she hits the ropes when Becky runs in, but Nattie pulls her outside, and Banks hits a neckbreaker and hooks the tights for the win.

Winners – Becky Lynch & Sasha Banks

Not a bad match, but not a great one. A solid B+. Flair and Natalya have great chemistry together but it looked a bit awkward tonight. Both Banks and Flair are ready for a call up to the main roster. Only Paige and AJ are better than them right now - and even then its close.

NXT Championship
Adrian Neville vs Sami Zayn (c)

Sami reverses a headlock and tries to backdrop Neville, but Neville lands on his feet and hits the ropes before he sends Sami into the corner with a hurricanrana. They have words in the middle of the ring and Neville goes for a cheap shot, but Sami hits him with a forearm shot before they trade punches. Sami misses a clothesline and Neville shoves him over the ropes, then he runs across the ring and dives onto him. We get back from a break to see Neville hit a hurricanrana slam for two, then Neville stomps Sami and heads up top. Sami stops him and Neville elbows him a few times, then he attempts a spin kick but Sami connects with a Blue Thunder bomb for two.

Sami hits two German suplexes before Neville counters a third with a back handspring into a reverse hurricanrana slam, then the referee checks on Sami to make sure he is OK. Sami looks to be out of it but says he can continue, then he ducks a clothesline and hits a reverse belly-to-belly throw. Neville rolls outside so Sami tries to dive through the ropes and hit a DDT, but Neville kicks him in the face and heads up top. Neville calls for Red Arrow but Sami rolls away, then he misses a Helluva Kick and Neville rolls him up for two. Sami comes right back with an exploder suplex into the turnbuckles, then he follows with the Helluva Kick for the win.

Winner – Sami Zayn

Sami celebrates his win, but is attacked from behind by Kevin Owens, who powerbombs Sami and then kicks him in the head. Owens kicks Sami once more, then he stares back at him before leaving.

Not as good as their match from R Evolution, but still a great match. These guys have chemistry thats rare. The kind of chemistry Steamboat-Flair and The Rock-Austin had. Everytime they get in the ring they deliver. Sami Zayn looks a great champ coming out of a hard won defence, and Owens is getting good heel reactions now. I cant wait till these two finally come to a head on NXT.

Its a shame the Standard NXT shows are only an hour long, because im always left wanting more. That said I would rather they stay an hour long than go longer and water down the product. (Cough RAW Cough).

Samo

Back to top Go down

NXT results 14/1 Empty Re: NXT results 14/1

Post by Prometheus Thu 15 Jan 2015, 8:34 pm

Samo wrote:
Its a shame the Standard NXT shows are only an hour long, because im always left wanting more.  That said I would rather they stay an hour long than go longer and water down the product. (Cough RAW Cough).

I had the exact same thought. I'm greedy, so I'd really like more (90 mins?) of NXT, but the fact of the matter is that the 1 hour keeps me wanting more and I look forward to the next week's show.

I'd consider myself a relatively big wrestling fan, but I don't want to devote 3 hours of my life (that I won't get back again) to Raw every week. So, many weeks I watch none of it, and other weeks I'll just watch one or two of the matches skipping the Authority promo and all the filler. Probably that is my problem, I'm a wrestling fan so I like NXT, whereas Vince is trying to do Sports Entertainment with Raw.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 16 Jan 2015, 11:19 am

Prometheus wrote:
Samo wrote:
Its a shame the Standard NXT shows are only an hour long, because im always left wanting more.  That said I would rather they stay an hour long than go longer and water down the product. (Cough RAW Cough).

I had the exact same thought.  I'm greedy, so I'd really like more (90 mins?) of NXT, but the fact of the matter is that the 1 hour keeps me wanting more and I look forward to the next week's show.  

I'd consider myself a relatively big wrestling fan, but I don't want to devote 3 hours of my life (that I won't get back again) to Raw every week.  So, many weeks I watch none of it, and other weeks I'll just watch one or two of the matches skipping the Authority promo and all the filler.  Probably that is my problem, I'm a wrestling fan so I like NXT, whereas Vince is trying to do Sports Entertainment with Raw.

That's not even a problem to me, the problem is that Raw is lacking the Entertainment part.

NXT is Wrestling, and it's Sports Entertainment, and it's entertaining.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 16 Jan 2015, 11:23 am

My tongue was firmly in my cheek when I wrote that
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 16 Jan 2015, 11:27 am

Of course Whistle

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 16 Jan 2015, 11:37 am

Who do you think is coming up from NXT next?

I can see both Neville and Balor making the step up. Which is good in a sense that they can be on a bigger platform. But also fills me with dread because they are not WWE big guys. If WWE had any interest in cruiserweights I think they'd put on some great matches, especially with other NXT alumni like Kidd and Cesaro. But I can just see them going the route of Bo Dallas and Adam Rose.

I also think that elevating the Lucha Dragons would have been a better idea than the Ascension. The Lucha Dragons could have worked some good stuff with the Dust Brothers and The Usos.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 16 Jan 2015, 11:51 am

Prometheus wrote:Who do you think is coming up from NXT next?

I can see both Neville and Balor making the step up.  Which is good in a sense that they can be on a bigger platform.  But also fills me with dread because they are not WWE big guys.  If WWE had any interest in cruiserweights I think they'd put on some great matches, especially with other NXT alumni like Kidd and Cesaro.  But I can just see them going the route of Bo Dallas and Adam Rose.

I also think that elevating the Lucha Dragons would have been a better idea than the Ascension.  The Lucha Dragons could have worked some good stuff with the Dust Brothers and The Usos.
Seem to vaguely remember him.

Was he in Right to Censor?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 16 Jan 2015, 12:09 pm

Adam D wrote:
Prometheus wrote: Bo Dallas

I've been secretly hoping that the relaunched SD would be a half-way house, between NXT and Raw.  If you catch my drift, it would be like when Heyman had creative control of SD and they had the SD 6.  I guess I can live in hope, but there is a lot of good wrestling talent that is falling between the stones in Raw as there is (over 3 hours) no time to give them matches, meaningful angles or mic time.  And I do think if used correctly there'd be a good brand.[/quote]
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 16 Jan 2015, 12:11 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Adam D wrote:
Prometheus wrote: Bo Dallas

I've been secretly hoping that the relaunched SD would be a half-way house, between NXT and Raw.  If you catch my drift, it would be like when Heyman had creative control of SD and they had the SD 6.  I guess I can live in hope, but there is a lot of good wrestling talent that is falling between the stones in Raw as there is (over 3 hours) no time to give them matches, meaningful angles or mic time.  And I do think if used correctly there'd be a good brand.

There seems to be a load that are falling between the cracks. They just dont have enough air time for these guys - maybe they should make it a 4 hour show each week  Wink

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 21 Jan 2015, 11:08 pm

The rumour going round is that Neville is going to debut on the main roster with a Mighty Mouse style gimmick.

No, really.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 21 Jan 2015, 11:17 pm

Its a worry isnt it? I can see some sense in him being a bit of an underdog, but hes not Rey Midget size, hes just not 6'6.

The only bonus is that the theory with it must be that he wins against the big guys or its really not worth talking about

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down