The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deontay Wilder - You've hit the jackpot....Now don't lose the ticket !!!!

+24
88Chris05
trottb
sittingringside
hazharrison
Knowsit17
wheelchair1991
Atila
lfc91
smashingstormcrow
tunes666
AdamT
Steffan
ShahenshahG
catchweight
Rowley
ONETWOFOREVER
theanimal316
Hammersmith harrier
mobilemaster8
kingraf
Dipper Brown
Coxy001
Derbymanc
TRUSSMAN66
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Deontay Wilder - You've hit the jackpot....Now don't lose the ticket !!!! - Page 3 Empty Deontay Wilder - You've hit the jackpot....Now don't lose the ticket !!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 11:22 am

First topic message reminder :

Unbeaten, charismatic-ish, Aesthetic-ish, Exciting and most of importantly American......Wilder has hit the jackpot. A titlist in the Blue riband division.

Usually a good Heavy division is synergetic so let's hope it's the start of a new chapter....With Joshua flowing through the ranks good things may come to the greatest Division in Boxing..

Like it or not...Wilder has become the golden boy of Boxing....The new apparent-saviour to the Heavy division ....hopefully !!.

Now you've hit the jackpot and money and fame is all yours here is what you do...

1. Hit every show and News channel you can and make sure everyone knows you're the Heavy champ......Even go on The View and charm Whoopi....

2. Don't unify with Klitty bang bang. You don't need him !!. No one in America is interested in him. Don't give him the chance to stink out the MGM !!.. and more importantly take your piece of pie and put Boxing through another couple of years of monotony. Just ignore him and hope he goes away.......You have America......Let him have Europe !!.

3. Defend against Tyson Fury.....He'll think he has a chance against you... so I'm sure he'll turn down klit for you!!....He's got a big gob, the hype will be great and he'll have a lot of Irish fans to bring to the party !!......He's the only contender out there liable to make Klit look interesting. So steal his thunder !!..You'll beat him and he'll make you look good !!

4. Put on 10/15 pounds.............Do some squats and build up them legs............You can carry more weight without it being a problem....219 is way too light....

5. Don't answer any more calls from Charlie Zelenoff ! Cool

Boy done good................Now keep it going..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Deontay Wilder - You've hit the jackpot....Now don't lose the ticket !!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Deontay Wilder - You've hit the jackpot....Now don't lose the ticket !!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Jan 2015, 1:53 pm

DuransHorse wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:TRUSS, when it comes to boxing knowledge you know your stuff... .

You should have stopped there !! Wink Cool

Haha.  Touché.

Are you happy having some boring stinker that never leaves Germany holding the greatest prize in sports ??

At least now we have a guy who's exciting with a piece of pie....who may be defending in 50/50 fights..

We've got some interest back in the Heavies...........Let's not lose it !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Deontay Wilder - You've hit the jackpot....Now don't lose the ticket !!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Deontay Wilder - You've hit the jackpot....Now don't lose the ticket !!!!

Post by DuransHorse Mon 19 Jan 2015, 2:01 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:TRUSS, when it comes to boxing knowledge you know your stuff... .

Haha.  Touché.

Are you happy having some boring stinker that never leaves Germany holding the greatest prize in sports ??

At least now we have a guy who's exciting with a piece of pie....who may be defending in 50/50 fights..

Hand on heart Truss, I'd rather a true king than have an inferior guy taking the spotlight and making false claims. Unfortunately, If you are the best it matters and at the moment Wlad is exactly that. If Wilder can beat him great, if not then Wlad deserves credit, the crown, and the respect... even if he stinks the place out.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 19 Jan 2015, 2:06 pm

Tyson Fury is a contender

You know what Deontay Wilder is...he's a tomato

And when this pretender to the throne comes to the Isles...Fury is gonna take his 0 and the title

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Jan 2015, 2:07 pm

DuransHorse wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Haha.  Touché.

Hand on heart Truss, I'd rather a true king than have an inferior guy taking the spotlight and making false claims.  Unfortunately, If you are the best it matters and at the moment Wlad is exactly that. If Wilder can beat him great, if not then Wlad deserves credit, the crown, and the respect... even if he stinks the place out.

Not suggesting Wlad isn't the true king..........

I am suggesting however that you can keep him............Boxing is in the entertainment business..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Jan 2015, 2:10 pm

Steffan wrote:Tyson Fury is a contender

You know what Deontay Wilder is...he's a tomato

And when this pretender to the throne comes to the Isles...Fury is gonna take his 0 and the title

As the Land of the Free's first real champ since Foreman.........(pretender Briggs). You honestly believe he's coming here !!

Get real..

If he is shrewd and media friendly......A huge market has opened up for him and it ain't the British one.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Mon 19 Jan 2015, 2:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Haha.  Touché.

Hand on heart Truss, I'd rather a true king than have an inferior guy taking the spotlight and making false claims.  Unfortunately, If you are the best it matters and at the moment Wlad is exactly that. If Wilder can beat him great, if not then Wlad deserves credit, the crown, and the respect... even if he stinks the place out.

Not suggesting Wlad isn't the true king..........

I am suggesting however that you can keep him............Boxing is in the entertainment business..

It's not JUST an entertainment business to the boxer and the true fan though is it? We don't/didn't want to see Floyd v Manny just for the entertainment did we? Any boxer that gets near the top should think "I wonder if I can become THE best" and any fan of Wilder should be wanting to see if he can do it as well, rather than fight guys he's more likely to beat and KO.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 19 Jan 2015, 2:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:As the Land of the Free's  first real champ since Foreman.........(pretender Briggs).  You honestly believe he's coming here !!

Get real..

If he is shrewd and media friendly......A huge market has opened up for him and it ain't the British one.
He has to come here. Only way he is going to make serious money

Beating Eastern European stiffs ain't gonna open up that market as much as you think

If he want's Wlad then he needs to go to Germany

Maybe...just maybe he can negotiate with Fury to have the fight in MSG

And of Joshua turns out to be the real deal then Eddie will want a stadium sellout over here

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Jan 2015, 2:21 pm

Of course it's an entertainment business..........First and foremost............

Whittaker was p4p number 1 and couldn't sell s**t.......

So all the guys like me that didn't want to see him legging it like a thief and constantly twisting his opponents illegally in his awkward southpaw stance .. weren't true fans !!..

Pretty patronising to suggest you know what a true fan of the sport is...anyway

My guess is it's someone who has it's best interests at heart !! Wink Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Mon 19 Jan 2015, 2:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Of course it's an entertainment business..........First and foremost............

Whittaker was p4p number 1 and couldn't sell s**t.......

So all the guys like me that didn't want to see him legging it like a thief and constantly twisting his opponents illegally in his awkward southpaw stance .. weren't true fans !!..

Pretty patronising to suggest you know what a true fan of the sport is...anyway

My guess is it's someone who has it's best interests at heart !! Wink  Cool

I smell something.... what is it.... it's.... wait for it....  ( "....'s" just for you Truss )

Last edited by DuransHorse on Mon 19 Jan 2015, 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 19 Jan 2015, 4:18 pm

Steffan wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:As the Land of the Free's  first real champ since Foreman.........(pretender Briggs).  You honestly believe he's coming here !!

Get real..

He has to come here. Only way he is going to make serious money

Beating Eastern European stiffs ain't gonna open up that market as much as you think

If he want's Wlad then he needs to go to Germany

Do you not think Wlad might fancy, from an ego/legacy POV, one massive Vegas fight?? It will pay more than any one fight in Germnay, maybe as much as 3 or 4, and if he's confident in his ability it shouldn't matter where he's fighting. I know he's Eastern Bloc, but surely every boxer dreams of the name up in lights in Vegas?? Avenge the Brewster nightmares too........

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Jan 2015, 4:56 pm

He can stay in Germany. We've shipped him out once already !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Mon 19 Jan 2015, 5:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He can stay in Germany.   We've shipped him out once already !!

Bit different if you have a heavyweight with a knockout reputation that many will believe can beat him and finally restore pride to the nation don't you think?

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Jan 2015, 5:26 pm

Don't want to watch Wlad fight anybody but Joshua.......

Wilder v Fury.....Wouldn't mind seeing that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 19 Jan 2015, 6:08 pm

Wilder - Fury would be 2 minutes of knockdown-filled delight.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue 20 Jan 2015, 1:02 pm

Wlad vs Wilder would struggle to produce more than two variations of shot if it went 12 rounds.  It'd stink.

But, it remains THE fight.  It'd sell like hot cakes.  I'd buy it.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 20 Jan 2015, 1:09 pm

KingMonkey wrote:Wlad vs Wilder would struggle to produce more than two variations of shot if it went 12 rounds.  It'd stink.

It's a stinker..............So it would sell like hot cakes !!..

I'd watch it on SKY but I wouldn't pay..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue 20 Jan 2015, 1:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
KingMonkey wrote:Wlad vs Wilder would struggle to produce more than two variations of shot if it went 12 rounds.  It'd stink.

It'll stink YET it'll sell like hot cakes. We're not talking about rational thinking here, nor are we talking about the hard core fan. It's the biggest HW clash since Haye and Wlad which I though would stink and that sold. And I bought it. It's the hope that kills!! I just HOPED it'd be good.

The casuals buy it without thinking. They're expecting a Rocky film.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 20 Jan 2015, 1:21 pm

KingMonkey wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

It'll stink YET it'll sell like hot cakes.  We're not talking about rational thinking here, nor are we talking about the hard core fan.  It's the biggest HW clash since Haye and Wlad which I though would stink and that sold.  And I bought it.  It's the hope that kills!!  I just HOPED it'd be good.

The casuals buy it without thinking.  They're expecting a Rocky film.

Bollox..............Haye was Wlad's ticket back to the big time outside Germany ...with their "Superfight" ...and it stunk like crazy !!

The Who were right when they sung "Won't get fooled again".....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 20 Jan 2015, 1:25 pm

Nah, TRUSS is right!  It's an entertainment business and nobody wants to see the no.1 heavy going for title of the longest reign in heavyweight boxing v's the ( now consensus ) no.2 heavyweight, who happens to be American, with an almost 100% KO record...  Nobody except this forum minus Truss. But then Truss knows because he is a true fan that puts the good of the sport first... like Don King does.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 20 Jan 2015, 1:42 pm

DuransHorse wrote:Nah, TRUSS is right!  It's an entertainment business and nobody wants to see the no.1 heavy going for title of the longest reign in heavyweight boxing v's the ( now consensus ) no.2 heavyweight, who happens to be American, with an almost 100% KO record...  Nobody except this forum minus Truss. But then Truss knows because he is a true fan that puts the good of the sport first... like Don King does.

All compliments accepted..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 20 Jan 2015, 1:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:Nah, TRUSS is right!  It's an entertainment business and nobody wants to see the no.1 heavy going for title of the longest reign in heavyweight boxing v's the ( now consensus ) no.2 heavyweight, who happens to be American, with an almost 100% KO record...  Nobody except this forum minus Truss. But then Truss knows because he is a true fan that puts the good of the sport first... like Don King does.

I was thinking about your stance on all this and you sound like a Wilders promoter only you won't be making any money out of him. I don't get it?

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 20 Jan 2015, 1:44 pm

DuransHorse wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

I was thinking about your stance on all this and you sound like a Wilders promoter only you won't be making any money out of him.  I don't get it?

If you read the OP it may make things clearer for you...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 20 Jan 2015, 1:48 pm

Your opening post is great if you are looking to prolong his career and make money out of him I guess.
Your second point sounds like a Hearn quote if he has a fighter he thinks will lose to another fighter.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 20 Jan 2015, 1:56 pm

I will just add, I don't entirely disagree with you Truss. I actually don't want Wilder to fight Wlad next, there are some great fights out there for him and he can gain some more publicity to generate more interest, but I definitely want them to meet at some point when Wilder has ironed out a couple more flaws.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 20 Jan 2015, 6:04 pm

He's only got 18 more defences to make to equal the record, so he is pretty close you're right there.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 20 Jan 2015, 9:24 pm

Sorry Hammer, I think that's gone over my head.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 20 Jan 2015, 9:31 pm

His alphabet title reign comes nowhere near Louis' 25 title defence record.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 20 Jan 2015, 9:41 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:His alphabet title reign comes nowhere near Louis' 25 title defence record.

Would you like a tin opener for your can of worms?

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 20 Jan 2015, 9:43 pm

No can of worms at all, an alphabet title isn't the equal of being a genuine world champion.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 20 Jan 2015, 9:43 pm

Word around the camp fire is that ALLEGEDLY Stiverne came into camp weighing 290 and spent fight week in a sauna. Self-inflicted (like I said).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 20 Jan 2015, 9:51 pm

What a Meat trombone soloist.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 21 Jan 2015, 7:01 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:No can of worms at all, an alphabet title isn't the equal of being a genuine world champion.

There's always another perspective, reason, or augment for and against any reign's "greatness". I rate Loius, but don't dismiss Wlad so easily, he's beaten everyone bar his brother ( another can ) that has come along and raised a challenge so, one title or not he deserves some credit and if he does get that record he will get it in years to come.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3