Cavendish crashes at the Tour of Qatar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cavendish crashes at the Tour of Qatar

Post by Adam D on Mon 07 Feb 2011, 3:39 pm

Mark Cavendish suffered his second nasty crash within a month as his front wheel collapsed during the opening prologue of the Tour of Qatar.

The HTC-Highroad sprinter cut and bruised his face, and broke his helmet, after bunny-hopping over a speed hump.

His team must decide whether Cavendish, who cut his face at the recent Tour Down Under, will race the first stage.

Rabobank's Dutchman Lars Boom denied Olympic time-trial champion Fabian Cancellara victory on Sunday.

Cancellara is still searching for his first win of 2011 after Boom, 25, clocked a time of three minutes 7 seconds for the 2.5km course to leave his Swiss rival, racing for his new Leopard-Trek team, back in second place, four seconds adrift.

Another Dutchman, Tom Veelers, was a further second back and took third place, while three-time race winner Tom Boonen of Belgium - competing for Quick Step - was seventh.

Despite the short distance, the entire course was cobble-stoned, with a lot of corners, and buffeted by strong winds.

"I'm in good form," said Boom, a former under-23 world time-trial champion.

"I've just come out of the cyclo-cross season and this technical circuit really suited me well.

"Beating Cancellara is really special - he's not the world time-trial champion for nothing. It's given me a bit of confidence."

Manxman Cavendish - a 15-time stage winner at the Tour de France - was forced to finish stage three of January's Tour Down Under among dense road traffic after he had suffered damaging cuts and bruises after a fall near the end of stage two of the Australian event.

source - bbc website http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/9389057.stm

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavendish crashes at the Tour of Qatar

Post by Davie on Mon 07 Feb 2011, 3:44 pm

Hobo wrote:The HTC-Highroad sprinter cut and bruised his face, and broke his helmet

Ouch! :crying:

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by barcascouse on Tue 08 Feb 2011, 10:36 pm

Hope his teeth are OK - :lol:
barcascouse

Back to top Go down

Post by SpenB on Wed 09 Feb 2011, 11:12 am

Is he still going out with that page 3 model he took to the sports personality awards?

SpenB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum