The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impact tonight - who is giving it a go?

+3
crippledtart
Prometheus
Adam D
7 posters

Go down

Impact tonight - who is giving it a go? Empty Impact tonight - who is giving it a go?

Post by Adam D Sun 18 Jan 2015, 5:55 pm

I watched the first proper episode for destination America and really enjoyed the new style to the show. Not a huge change but some nice differences.

So who is watching tonight and going to give them another go?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Impact tonight - who is giving it a go? Empty Re: Impact tonight - who is giving it a go?

Post by Prometheus Sun 18 Jan 2015, 6:25 pm

I'd forgotten it was tonight. But I had it set up to record already. I'll give it a go later in the week when I get round to it. From what I've read, I'm not that excited, but am willing to give it another go.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Impact tonight - who is giving it a go? Empty Re: Impact tonight - who is giving it a go?

Post by crippledtart Sun 18 Jan 2015, 6:27 pm

Not me, I'm waiting until TNA changes its booking approach.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 18 Jan 2015, 11:14 pm

I watched it and enjoyed it more or less, still waiting to see where it goes and if they've learned from the mistakes of the past

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 19 Jan 2015, 1:36 pm

Other than the cosmetic changes and presenting style things seem much the same.

While I'm still enjoying the individual matches (in-ring talent was never the problem) I am still finding myself perplexed and irritated by the storylines.

Only the second show of the year and already 2 titles have changed hands twice!

Heavyweight title has gone from Lashley to Roode and back again.

X Division title similarly has gone from Low Ki to Aries and back again.

Also, now we have not one but 2 factions - MVP's newly-formed "Beat Down Clan" (would've thought Beatdown Crew sounded better myself) and Storm's Revolution which still hasn't stated what its purpose is.

Seems like they're just reworking old ideas, only not as well as before.

- Titles are apparently still going to be handed round regularly, so everyone gets their turn.

- Heels will be unable to win matches without interference / cheating

- Its still difficult to really get behind anyone, other than a few old stalwarts (such as Aries - who never really seems to change his character - and Roode)

I can't even really get interested in Storm. He's obviously a bad guy now but what's his agenda? What is the purpose of the Revolution?

This year's Feast or Fired should throw up a few surprises but it depends on how they decide to play it. Magnus will be involved - it would be nice if he got another title shot...preferably better scripted than his first one.

I think until they fire the entire creative department and get some people in who know what they're doing, it'll be "as you were".
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 19 Jan 2015, 1:46 pm

I hated the fact that the X Division changed hands again but I guess they are using that as the reason for the heel turn by Low Ki (still hate it though).

The world title change on to Roode happened back in November so dont have a massive opinion on it and predicted it on the podcast a few weeks ago - its a way to make the BDC look strong and turn Lashley face. 

As for the BDC, I like that Kenny King is doing something now and can see him in the Orton type of role from Revolution eventually but more charasmatic.

As for Storm, they do need a reason but I do like the way they are building the stable. I like the entrance music and think it is working way better than the Wyatt Family ever did. I also thought the way they were overlooking the tag match this week, was visually brilliant.

I really liked the presentation style of the overlaid graphics and new music - it felt like early Smackdown to me.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 19 Jan 2015, 9:01 pm

Yeah, I broadly agree with what direwolfe is saying.

I've mostly been watching NXT and Lucha Underground lately. Compared to those I found most of the in-ring action a bit slow. With the result that I'd mostly lost interest in the Roode EY match when the piledriver ending came.

Some odd things for a TV show too. Starting matches during commercials. And cutting away from live matches to show a backstage segment featuring an empty dressing room. Also, I'm not a fan of non-wrestling talent in the ring, so the build up to the Borash stuff is totally lost on me.

Its not that I didn't enjoy some of it, like the tag match. But this will probably be 3rd or 4th on my wrestling watch list each week.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 20 Jan 2015, 11:59 am

Prometheus just reminded me of something else I REALLY hate about the new-look Impact.

Probably what bugs me more than anything is the fact they regularly cut to commercials right after a match has started. I know they used to do it mid-match, which was also rather annoying, but to do it just moments after the bell has rung is absolutely infuriating (to me anyway).

As to the factions, BDC has a great front man / spokesman in MVP and the fact he's been getting a lot of camera time lately means you're always clear about what their intentions are. Also agree the individual characters are good / interesting.

As to their new recruits, I don't think I've ever see Samoa Joe as a heel before and certainly never EY. Joe has the brooding intensity and attitude to be a convincing heel...but EY? Low Ki was a real surprise as he's only been an occasional performer. Looks like he's sticking around for a while now...also has the attitude to be a good heel.

Storm is a great heel, but at the moment he and the Revolution are getting relatively limited camera time and even then Storm usually just makes some cryptic comments. It was good to begin with but is getting a little old now...they need to start developing the story. Hopefully that will start with the next Tag Team title match.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 20 Jan 2015, 12:02 pm

Last weeks episode was the first time I have enjoyed EY in a long time.

Crazy Eric (and the comments from King/MVP) was very good.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 20 Jan 2015, 12:06 pm

I was upset that I'd missed his fight with the lawnmower, cos he seemed to have taken a hell of a beating in that match Very Happy
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 20 Jan 2015, 12:21 pm

Is it Feast or Fired next? I'm interested in that especially as
(kind of really mild WWE Raw spoilers):

I think the fired, can be done great if a wrestler needs to leave for surgery. Or I'd like them to become some masked avenger running in and causing havoc then with the wild speculation on who they are until the truth is revealed - which in fairness doesn't have to be that bigger deal, it can even be Blue Blazer-like, just enough to fool Tazz, which can't be much.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 21 Jan 2015, 1:47 pm

Prometheus wrote:
I was upset that I'd missed his fight with the lawnmower, cos he seemed to have taken a hell of a beating in that match .

Lol! Its funny how they usually shave their heads to some extent and grow some facial hair when they turn heel...of course only the former option was open to EY. Any more beard and he'd have looked like a ginger Santa.

Is it Feast or Fired next? I'm interested in that especially as
(kind of really mild WWE Raw spoilers):
WWE has IMO made such a botch of the Authority losing control and 3 Superstars being fired, only for all of them to be brought back at about the first opportunity by John Cena

I think the fired, can be done great if a wrestler needs to leave for surgery. Or I'd like them to become some masked avenger running in and causing havoc then with the wild speculation on who they are until the truth is revealed - which in fairness doesn't have to be that bigger deal, it can even be Blue Blazer-like, just enough to fool Tazz, which can't be much..

I know its happening soon - don't know if it will be before or after the Maximum Impact tour though.

Magnus and Bram have stated their intention to be involved but thats all so far. Would be a great opportunity for some of the talent who've been on the sidelines for a while.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:22 pm

Both WWE and TNA are shocking for how they put adverts in the middle of a match, it's just blatantly saying that they don't give a s**t about the match and that is just a distraction to getting cash in.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:23 pm

Is it just me or whenever a face is in control going into the break the heel is in control by the time they get back? I swear thats the case 99% of the time.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:24 pm

Maybe TNA should get some kind of App. So you can watch the bits you miss. And so Tazz can talk thru step by step h-o-w t-o d-o-w-n-l-o-a-d a-n a-p-p cos its surely the present day equivalent of programing the VCR for Vince.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down