The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judgement Day III - 25th of April 2015

+9
Luckless Pedestrian
PenfroPete
Higher_Ground
The Saint
bedfordwelsh
GavinDragon
wayne
maestegmafia
Cardiff Dave
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Judgement Day III - 25th of April 2015 - Page 2 Empty Judgement Day III - 25th of April 2015

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jan 2015, 8:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Blues vs Ospreys
Dragons vs Scarlets

Tickets are now priced at £10 each, £10 for 2 games of Rugby at the Millennium Stadium in order to try and boost attendances which dropped last year to 30000 from 38000.

I think its a very good deal, and it looks like they might be trying to target the students as well to boost the attendances, it could well be a good turnout.

Back to top Go down

Judgement Day III - 25th of April 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Judgement Day III - 25th of April 2015

Post by LordDowlais Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:39 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Why should Dragons give two hoots about boosting any other region's attendances? Your ignorance is staggering.

Where have I complained about attendances? Is that a lie, much like the one where you said most people on the Rodney Parade terraces still believe they are Newport?

You must stop this, or back up your wild claims/lies

You were arguing with me about the attendances on the very thread you have mentioned above.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Judgement Day III - 25th of April 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Judgement Day III - 25th of April 2015

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 2:02 pm

Yes, the thread you said you wanted a debate and then wouldn't accept other views. Much like now, where the MS has no poor seats etc.

Again, I'll ask you to show me where I complained about attendances, as I don't see it.

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 29 Jan 2015, 3:01 pm

The Millennium Stadium does have poor seats. I now won't touch any thing in the Lower Tier. Been in there 4 times, all different areas, all sh!te - the rake of the seating is too shallow. Middle or Upper every time OK
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 3:03 pm

PenfroPete wrote:The Millennium Stadium does have poor seats. I now won't touch any thing in the Lower Tier. Been in there 4 times, all different areas, all sh!te - the rake of the seating is too shallow. Middle or Upper every time OK

The very front row of the lower tier feels like it's actually below the pitch. You can't make out the play if it's at the far side of the field. The ones at the very back have the middle tier above your head. So you don't see any up and unders at all. Or most touchfinders.

How they charge what they do for these seats I don't know.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 29 Jan 2015, 3:23 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
PenfroPete wrote:The Millennium Stadium does have poor seats. I now won't touch any thing in the Lower Tier. Been in there 4 times, all different areas, all sh!te - the rake of the seating is too shallow. Middle or Upper every time OK

The very front row of the lower tier feels like it's actually below the pitch. You can't make out the play if it's at the far side of the field. The ones at the very back have the middle tier above your head. So you don't see any up and unders at all. Or most touchfinders.

Blydi Hell Chunky .... WE AGREE Hug I can't work out the pricing structure at all Headscratch A few years ago - £75 in the corner of the Lower, £50 on the 22 in the Upper Shocked
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 4:10 pm

Vote with your feet. I haven't been for 5 years now. The very sight of Roger's Palace depresses me.

Which is annoying as it is the view from my office window.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 29 Jan 2015, 5:05 pm

Epic ticket allocating feck up, shock horror.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 29 Jan 2015, 5:09 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:

Like watching the game sat in a pillbox.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 29 Jan 2015, 5:36 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:Vote with your feet. I haven't been for 5 years now. The very sight of Roger's Palace depresses me.

Voting with your feet won't work unless the other 70 odd thousand do it as well which we know they won't and Lewis doesn't care about the odd fan anywhere all he is interested in is the corporate side of things.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 29 Jan 2015, 5:58 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:Vote with your feet. I haven't been for 5 years now. The very sight of Roger's Palace depresses me.

Voting with your feet won't work unless the other 70 odd thousand do it as well which we know they won't and Lewis doesn't care about the odd fan anywhere all he is interested in is the corporate side of things.

Wasn't there a humongous flag covering empty seating at the MS during the AIs?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 29 Jan 2015, 6:21 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

There was yeah but four games in a row is to much, do you honestly think you will see that in the 6 Nations and do you honestly think Lewis and Co give a feck. Come next season we will still have 4 AI games in 4 weeks and it will still be the same but they corporate side will still be full and that's all they care about.

Next weeks Friday night game isn't for the benefit of the fans it because the WRU get a bigger slice of the TV revenue by agreeing to play on a Friday night.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Thu 29 Jan 2015, 6:25 pm

Just to be awkward, I've been both times sat about 3 or 4 rows back on the lower tier and have had a great view and a good time with supporters of all the Teams, excellent day out and well worth the money, and for some who posted earlier we've been 2nd match up on both occasions and have got there early, this time we are first up and our little party will be there from start to finish.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 29 Jan 2015, 6:26 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

There was yeah but four games in a row is to much, do you honestly think you will see that in the 6 Nations and do you honestly think Lewis and Co give a feck.  Come next season we will still have 4 AI games in 4 weeks and it will still be the same but they corporate side will still be full and that's all they care about.

Next weeks Friday night game isn't for the benefit of the fans it because the WRU get a bigger slice of the TV revenue by agreeing to play on a Friday night.

Now includes Gareth Davies and I believe he does give a feck.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 29 Jan 2015, 6:37 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

There was yeah but four games in a row is to much, do you honestly think you will see that in the 6 Nations and do you honestly think Lewis and Co give a feck.  Come next season we will still have 4 AI games in 4 weeks and it will still be the same but they corporate side will still be full and that's all they care about.

Time will tell then Dave
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 29 Jan 2015, 6:41 pm

wayne wrote:Just to be awkward, I've been both times sat about 3 or 4 rows back on the lower tier and have had a great view and a good time with supporters of all the Teams, excellent day out and well worth the money, and for some who posted earlier we've been 2nd match up on both occasions and have got there early, this time we are first up and our little party will be there from start to finish.

If people go or not is their choice I guess but what I don't understand is those that to go but don't take in both games. You watch one as a neutral and one supporting your Region, but its always happened. Even when the had SWALEC double header semis there before Regions it happened and it happens in the London Double Header to, again their choice just seems bit daft to me.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 29 Jan 2015, 6:51 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Time will tell then Dave

I have faith. Just. The 4 need a boot up the jacksy though btw.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 29 Jan 2015, 6:59 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
wayne wrote:Just to be awkward, I've been both times sat about 3 or 4 rows back on the lower tier and have had a great view and a good time with supporters of all the Teams, excellent day out and well worth the money, and for some who posted earlier we've been 2nd match up on both occasions and have got there early, this time we are first up and our little party will be there from start to finish.

If people go or not is their choice I guess but what I don't understand is those that to go but don't take in both games.  You watch one as a neutral and one supporting your Region, but its always happened.  Even when the had SWALEC double header semis there before Regions it happened and it happens in the London Double Header to, again their choice just seems bit daft to me.

At the Ricoh 2009, EDF semi finals, many didn't watch the Ospreys get tuned prior to us tuning Northampton.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 29 Jan 2015, 7:59 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

If people go or not is their choice I guess but what I don't understand is those that to go but don't take in both games.  You watch one as a neutral and one supporting your Region, but its always happened.  Even when the had SWALEC double header semis there before Regions it happened and it happens in the London Double Header to, again their choice just seems bit daft to me.

At the Ricoh 2009, EDF semi finals, many didn't watch the Ospreys get tuned prior to us tuning Northampton.

I was there that day Dave had a cracking afternoon and evening in the old working mans club sort of place just outside the ground. The people who owned it couldn't believe that you had four sets of fans and some neutrals like me all in one place all having a laugh and drink together.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 29 Jan 2015, 8:20 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

I was there that day Dave had a cracking afternoon and evening in the old working mans club sort of place just outside the ground.  The people who owned it couldn't believe that you had four sets of fans and some neutrals like me all in one place all having a laugh and drink together.

I couldn't believe the cost of a pork roll. Tried haggling, but they wouldn't haggle. Must have had loads left over.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 8:51 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:

If you don't mind giving more money in the MS bars than you have to, good for you. Personally I'd rather watch my own team and then go to some nice pub with decent beer (before and after).

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 29 Jan 2015, 8:59 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

If you don't mind giving more money in the MS bars than you have to, good for you. Personally I'd rather watch my own team and then go to some nice pub with decent beer (before and after).

I tend not to drink when in ground for any game and would rather the bars be shut just before kick off as I get extremely p****d off with people up and down all the time because they either can't go with out a drink for 80 minutes or can't hold their bladder. I just like to watch live rugby and I wouldn't get to watch the other Regions unless they are playing against us so makes a nice change.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 29 Jan 2015, 9:32 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

I tend not to drink when in ground for any game and would rather the bars be shut just before kick off as I get extremely p****d off with people up and down all the time because they either can't go with out a drink for 80 minutes or can't hold their bladder.  I just like to watch live rugby and I wouldn't get to watch the other Regions unless they are playing against us so makes a nice change.

They'd be the Mikey Rayers I guess. Best suited to terracing as you can shuffle and step aside to make way, no problem.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 29 Jan 2015, 9:34 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

I tend not to drink when in ground for any game and would rather the bars be shut just before kick off as I get extremely p****d off with people up and down all the time because they either can't go with out a drink for 80 minutes or can't hold their bladder.  I just like to watch live rugby and I wouldn't get to watch the other Regions unless they are playing against us so makes a nice change.

They'd be the Mikey Rayers I guess. Best suited to terracing as you can shuffle and step aside to make way, no problem.

Ah I remember those good old days before the MS in the old terrace lol
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Thu 29 Jan 2015, 9:47 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Spot on

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 29 Jan 2015, 10:13 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Ah I remember those good old days before the MS in the old terrace lol

Reminds me of the not so old days of CCS. That's why CAP and Rodders are so great; they cater for all drinking habits. Tiz a shame the new Argus doesn't have a touch of terracing, but there we are.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:15 pm

Personally I am not overly interested in watching games live unless I have some interest in them. I find it strange just sitting there and not singing etc. I also don't tend to go to the toilet during games myself, but I see no harm in me liking a drink (when possible).

I would also find it more social to be with a group of my fellow supporters somewhere before and after my team's game, to build up to our game and then talk about it after (usually what went wrong).

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 30 Jan 2015, 10:09 am

Rev,

As ex RAF of 26yrs trust me I like a drink and have drunk n forgot things all over the world but just so annoying when people up n down all game.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jan 2015, 1:05 pm

Wasn't having a pop. Just trying to justify my drink problem Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 30 Jan 2015, 8:33 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Wasn't having a pop. Just trying to justify my drink problem Wink

I've stopped trying to justify mine wastes time lol
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 30 Jan 2015, 8:40 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Personally I am not overly interested in watching games live unless I have some interest in them. I find it strange just sitting there and not singing etc. I also don't tend to go to the toilet during games myself, but I see no harm in me liking a drink (when possible).

I would also find it more social to be with a group of my fellow supporters somewhere before and after my team's game, to build up to our game and then talk about it after (usually what went wrong).

Nor me. Toilets are always too far away and when you gotta go, you gotta go as they say.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jan 2015, 9:16 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Personally I am not overly interested in watching games live unless I have some interest in them. I find it strange just sitting there and not singing etc. I also don't tend to go to the toilet during games myself, but I see no harm in me liking a drink (when possible).

Nor me. Toilets are always too far away and when you gotta go, you gotta go as they say.

I went to stay with a female English friend of mine a number of years back while in uni. She lived with her parents in the countryside in Surrey somwhere - think posh English, owned a bit of land, horses, Land Rover, etc. Her rather well to do father (think wax jacket and coloured chinos), upon hearing that I was Welsh, told me a story about his one visit to the old cardiff arms park (national stadium) for a Wales v Enland game. Stood on the terrace he suddenly felt a presence and turned around to find a 'local' having a p*ss in the pocket of his Barbour jacket! Gotta love the good old days!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 30 Jan 2015, 9:33 pm

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I went to stay with a female English friend of mine a number of years back while in uni.  She lived with her parents in the countryside in Surrey somwhere - think posh English, owned a bit of land, horses, Land Rover, etc. Her rather well to do father (think wax jacket and coloured chinos), upon hearing that I was Welsh, told me a story about his one visit to the old cardiff arms park (national stadium) for a Wales v Enland game. Stood on the terrace he suddenly felt a presence and turned around to find 'Risca Rev' having a p*ss in the pocket of his Barbour jacket! Gotta love the good old days!

Fixed.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 12:48 am

If only he didn't turn round.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 12:37 pm

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I went to stay with a female English friend of mine a number of years back while in uni.  She lived with her parents in the countryside in Surrey somwhere - think posh English, owned a bit of land, horses, Land Rover, etc. Her rather well to do father (think wax jacket and coloured chinos), upon hearing that I was Welsh, told me a story about his one visit to the old cardiff arms park (national stadium) for a Wales v Enland game. Stood on the terrace he suddenly felt a presence and turned around to find a 'local' having a p*ss in the pocket of his Barbour jacket! Gotta love the good old days!

Should have replied with how your dad took a urine in someones jacket once at a Wales v England game and watched his reaction Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 1:10 pm

IronMike wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I went to stay with a female English friend of mine a number of years back while in uni.  She lived with her parents in the countryside in Surrey somwhere - think posh English, owned a bit of land, horses, Land Rover, etc. Her rather well to do father (think wax jacket and coloured chinos), upon hearing that I was Welsh, told me a story about his one visit to the old cardiff arms park (national stadium) for a Wales v Enland game. Stood on the terrace he suddenly felt a presence and turned around to find a 'local' having a p*ss in the pocket of his Barbour jacket! Gotta love the good old days!

Should have replied with how your dad took a urine in someones jacket once at a Wales v England game and watched his reaction Wink

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 02 Feb 2015, 8:17 pm

Are there still holes in the middle tier concrete floor, down the front? Watch out below!

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 9:18 pm

I heard about that. Was it actually true?! Ha!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2