The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would Daniel Bryan winning the Rumble be a risk?

+3
Fernando
Adam D
Dolphin Ziggler
7 posters

Go down

Would Daniel Bryan winning the Rumble be a risk? Empty Would Daniel Bryan winning the Rumble be a risk?

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 22 Jan 2015, 4:58 pm

A long lay-off, a career threatening injury, a recovery that seems to have confused him, no real knowledge of whether his injury might flare up again all of a sudden...

Would it be a risk giving Daniel Bryan the Royal Rumble win and the main event slot at WrestleMania after only a couple weeks back wrestling?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Would Daniel Bryan winning the Rumble be a risk? Empty Re: Would Daniel Bryan winning the Rumble be a risk?

Post by Adam D Thu 22 Jan 2015, 4:59 pm

Put his shot up for grabs at Fastlane in a Rumble shot on a pole match.

#adamRusso

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Would Daniel Bryan winning the Rumble be a risk? Empty Re: Would Daniel Bryan winning the Rumble be a risk?

Post by Fernando Thu 22 Jan 2015, 5:07 pm

Right now i wouldn't pit him or Reigns against Lesnar due to differing reasons mainly being more interested in Rollins/Lesnar. I think the reaction Lesnar got on Raw when battering Rollins was largely over then usual booing and i think it could work tbh.

Not convinced Reigns is ready but then again do you risk Lesnar not signing a new deal and walking away before he could put Reigns over...?

Bryan injury worry will stop him from being in the Main Event id expect so yes that being said he didn't seem too worried by it considering still throwing himself about.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 23 Jan 2015, 1:32 pm

He's an Everton fan so he shouldnt win anything

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeliever Fri 23 Jan 2015, 1:51 pm

I think you need to take into account Cena when considering the Main Event at Wrestlemania. I can't see the Cena won't be involved in that, so I imagine it will be a Triple Threat. From the workings of the WWE I would guess the pay off from letting Lesnar go over him in such a brutal style is that is that he will take the Belt off him at Wrestlemania.

Assuming the above does happen, Bryan would, imho, be the addition that would make that main event attractive to me and would also allow him to be 'looked' after during the build up (splitting the attention 3 ways) and to ensure no further injury to his neck - so I don't think it would be a risk if he won the Rumble.

While I would be disappointed to see Rollins miss out, it would give the opportunity for the Shield to fight it out for the No. 1 contenders slot although preferably I'd like to see a longer build up to that match up.

EDIT: I'm assuming Lesnar wil retain at the Rumble PPV

Unbeliever

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 23 Jan 2015, 2:41 pm

I think we are heading for a DB / Rollins WM main event.  In terms of crowd reaction this is the biggest face / heel combo WWE have right now, so I think they go with that.

I don't think it is a big issue that he's just back from surgery as they can avoid in-ring action to a large degree for DB on the build up.  I think we could see from DB's couple of matches since coming back that either he's gone out on his own, or he's been encouraged to go out, and test it.  He's come through a couple of physical matches afawk so I think I'd be happy with that.

At the same time they can replay the idea from the Edge encounter whereby a curb-stomp could end DB's career / life.  They can also run another DB / Authority story on the run up to Mania, which they know worked last year.  So, I think this sells.  

For the main event.  DB has enough experience and headlined WM last year, so he's a safe pair of hands.  Rollins doesn't but I think he's at a stage now where he can be coached through it.  And we can see interference from the Authority.  I'm not sure we see a Sting / HHH WM match this year.  If we don't, Sting can make the difference again.  

As for Lesnar and Cena.  If I assume that Lesnar is moving on, then I see a "loser retires" kind of match and Cena gets to retire the one who beat the streak at the last WM.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 23 Jan 2015, 2:54 pm

If Reigns isnt in the main event then hes taking on Rollins, Cena or Lesnar. I think they'll want him main eventing even if it isnt the full main event.

I'd be very surprised if Cena is near a title match

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 23 Jan 2015, 3:04 pm

In my fantasy booking world Reigns ends Rusev's streak (who puts him out of the Rumble).

It'd get him a big pop, and they can keep building him. I don't think he's main event ready this year. I clobbering 10 minute match. The biggest problem with that is Rusev holding the US Belt (which WWE has failed to utilise), but I think a fighting champ can work for him.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 23 Jan 2015, 3:20 pm

Prometheus wrote:I think we are heading for a DB / Rollins WM main event.  In terms of crowd reaction this is the biggest face / heel combo WWE have right now, so I think they go with that.

I don't think it is a big issue that he's just back from surgery as they can avoid in-ring action to a large degree for DB on the build up.  I think we could see from DB's couple of matches since coming back that either he's gone out on his own, or he's been encouraged to go out, and test it.  He's come through a couple of physical matches afawk so I think I'd be happy with that.

At the same time they can replay the idea from the Edge encounter whereby a curb-stomp could end DB's career / life.  They can also run another DB / Authority story on the run up to Mania, which they know worked last year.  So, I think this sells.  

For the main event.  DB has enough experience and headlined WM last year, so he's a safe pair of hands.  Rollins doesn't but I think he's at a stage now where he can be coached through it.  And we can see interference from the Authority.  I'm not sure we see a Sting / HHH WM match this year.  If we don't, Sting can make the difference again.  

As for Lesnar and Cena.  If I assume that Lesnar is moving on, then I see a "loser retires" kind of match and Cena gets to retire the one who beat the streak at the last WM.
I dont disagree with any of that.

However, its great to see that the WWE have realised that someone who is need of the streak rub is going to get it!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 23 Jan 2015, 3:28 pm

Adam D wrote:

However, its great to see that the WWE have realised that someone who is need of the streak rub is going to get it!

Sorry, tired. Missing the point.

I know that it's been said that whoever beats Lesnar benefits from the rub of beating the man who beat the streak. But beating Lesnar is rub enough! The man is a beast, you beat him in a well worked match who cares what happened last year. The biggest rub was for whoever beat UT.

I'm of the opinion (and I'm sure this has been aired on the podcast before too) that Lesnar just happened to be UTs opponent when Vince decided the streak should end. I mean he was the youngest at the time (?) WWE champ, a champ in MMA, he's built like a gorilla. Vince is the master of doing the fairground sell (and Heyman is at the same level) neither of them really needed Brock to also beat the streak to get him over.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 23 Jan 2015, 3:36 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Adam D wrote:

Sorry, tired.  Missing the point.

I know that it's been said that whoever beats Lesnar benefits from the rub of beating the man who beat the streak.  But beating Lesnar is rub enough!  The man is a beast, you beat him in a well worked match who cares what happened last year.  The biggest rub was for whoever beat UT.  

I'm of the opinion (and I'm sure this has been aired on the podcast before too) that Lesnar just happened to be UTs opponent when Vince decided the streak should end.  I mean he was the youngest at the time (?) WWE champ, a champ in MMA, he's built like a gorilla.  Vince is the master of doing the fairground sell (and Heyman is at the same level) neither of them really needed Brock to also beat the streak to get him over.

I agree again but the point I was making is that Cena doesnt need the rub of being the one to beat Lesnar, irrespective of whether he took the streak. 

And I apologise for just how badly worded my comment was!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 23 Jan 2015, 3:43 pm

Sorry. It's my lack of sleep.

I do get you, but I'm not sure how much is in this 2nd hand rub. I think for Vince much much less than making Cena look strong.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 23 Jan 2015, 4:52 pm

I don't really see any standout feud at all for Lesnar heading to WrestleMania other than Seth Rollins, if Lesnar isn't going 1 on 1 against Rollins for the World Title then I'm thinking he's going to have a re-match with Taker, I'd imagine something big is planned for someone like Lesnar so they either start planting the seeds early, which could be the case with Rollins or they spring it on you after No Way Out/Elimination chamber/Whatever its called now - Historically they tend to plant seeds but in recent years due to Takers inactivity they've had to wait until he decides to re-appear post Feb's PPV

I know he has history with Cena but a WrestleMania match between those two ahould have been the first match bwtween them, while I still think it'd be a decent spectacle it has nowhere near the allure it once had due to how many times they'll have faced each other on PPV from Summerslam to Mania

So for Lesnar I'm thinking its either Rollins for the belt or Taker, the big black flag for me is how does Rollins get a 1 on 1 Title match as a challenger when he already has the MitB case, its possible that he wins the Rumble and then has a double chance at Mania

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 23 Jan 2015, 5:09 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:I don't really see any standout feud at all for Lesnar heading to WrestleMania other than Seth Rollins, if Lesnar isn't going 1 on 1 against Rollins for the World Title then I'm thinking he's going to have a re-match with Taker, I'd imagine something big is planned for someone like Lesnar so they either start planting the seeds early, which could be the case with Rollins or they spring it on you after No Way Out/Elimination chamber/Whatever its called now - Historically they tend to plant seeds but in recent years due to Takers inactivity they've had to wait until he decides to re-appear post Feb's PPV

I know he has history with Cena but a WrestleMania match between those two ahould have been the first match bwtween them, while I still think it'd be a decent spectacle it has nowhere near the allure it once had due to how many times they'll have faced each other on PPV from Summerslam to Mania

So for Lesnar I'm thinking its either Rollins for the belt or Taker, the big black flag for me is how does Rollins get a 1 on 1 Title match as a challenger when he already has the MitB case, its possible that he wins the Rumble and then has a double chance at Mania

I have WWE Logic Theory it's crap but defo WWE verging on Russo Logic angel Have Rollins lose at WM to Lesnar, Have Lesnar celebrate with Heyman, Heyman with the low blow, Seth with the Curb Stomp. New Champ has MITB been done at WM? Heyman could pull many reasons out his ass to screw Brock without aligning with Seth if needed.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri 23 Jan 2015, 6:43 pm

Anyone know if Randy Orton will be back before Mania? Think whether he is or not has a pretty big bearing on things, because he'd be the obvious one to go in against Rollins?

I think Bryan will win the Rumble, and to be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing him against any of Cena, Lesnar or Rollins in the Main Event at Mania.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 25 Jan 2015, 3:18 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:A long lay-off, a career threatening injury, a recovery that seems to have confused him, no real knowledge of whether his injury might flare up again all of a sudden...

Would it be a risk giving Daniel Bryan the Royal Rumble win and the main event slot at WrestleMania after only a couple weeks back wrestling?

There is a further point to this, Roman Reigns has been back 15 days longer then Daniel Bryan? Hernia's can easily flare up again if not healed properly and we know what WWE are like for rushing people back. So Reigns is a risk of re-injuring himself too angel

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 25 Jan 2015, 3:30 pm

Quite a lot of difference though. Hell, they know why Reigns has healed, Bryan himself doesn't understand why he's better or how long it may last

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 25 Jan 2015, 3:32 pm

There is still doubt though consider he could easily re-injure a hernia with the type of work he does so either one could be a risk. Would be ironic if Reigns got re-injured after winning the rumble though.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 25 Jan 2015, 3:52 pm

I would worry that a man who some thought, including the man himself, would have to retire. An injury that wasn't just a problem cos he couldn't wrestle, but couldn't use his arm. I actually think people are being very unrealistic to expect WWE to be happy to throw the WrestleMania main event to him after two matches.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down