NXT Results 21/1

Go down

NXT Results 21/1

Post by Nakatomi Plaza on Thu 22 Jan 2015, 5:29 pm

A well-produced video package recapped the attacks by Kevin Owens on Sami Zayn post-Takeover and after last week's NXT title rematch... In his office, GM William Regal announced that the next NXT special will take place on February 11. He also announced that tonight will see the beginning of a No.1 contender's tournament to find Sami Zayn's next challenger. Finally, he announced that Charlotte will be defending the NXT Women's Championship against Sasha Banks tonight...

The opening video played... Sami Zayn made his entrance with a never-before-seen intensity. He entered the ring where Tye Dillinger stood waiting. Zayn never stopped; he went right after Dillinger with a vicious assault. He disposed of Dillinger to ringside, grabbed a microphone, and then angrily called out Kevin Owens.

William Regal's music hit and he came out asking Sami what the hell he was doing. Zayn demanded a match with Kevin Owens. Regal was hesitant because he didn't want to give the impression that people could attack the champion post-match and think that earns them a title shot. Zayn demanded the match regardless, and told Regal to make it non-title if he has to. Regal understood how much Zayn wanted this, so he agreed and announced Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens in a non-title match at the February 11 special...

Backstage, William Regal announced that the contract signing between Zayn and Owens would take place in the ring next week... Curtis Axel made his entrance to kick off the No.1 contender tournament. Finn Bálor was out next. Corey Graves on commentary mentioned the atmosphere created when Finn enters the arena.

1. Finn Bálor vs. Curtis Axel in the first round of the No. 1 contender tournament. Axel was in control for the first minute until Bálor caught him with a good dropkick. Axel rolled to ringside and was wiped out with a flipping tope from Bálor. Back in the ring, Axel kicked out Bálor's leg and took control with a clothesline to the back of the head.

Axel went on a run of boring offense and I was distracted by something on Twitter. He hit a dropkick and a knee and some other stuff. He missed a diving elbow and Finn fired up with running forearms and the pele kick. Finn hit the Slingblade and a shotgun dropkick before connecting with the diving double stomp for the win.

Finn Bálor pinned Curtis Axel in about 5 minutes to advance to the semi-finals of the No. 1 contender tournament.

The commentators mentioned that Bálor calls his finish the Coupe de Gace. They then transitioned to a graphic showing Bálor advancing in the tournament brackets. The other matchups are Itami vs. Breeze, Neville vs. Kidd, and Bull vs. Baron...

A replay showed Sasha picking up the win over Charlotte in last week's tag match... Backstage, Sasha Banks said that she pinned Charlotte next week and she'll do the same tonight for the championship. She said nobody has Charlotte's back. "Any more questions, Devin? Don't care," Sasha closed as she flipped her hair in Devin's face...

Backstage, a hairy man was rubbing his hands together. It was Bull Dempsey talking about how he had the win in his hands last week and let it slip away. He said that it wouldn't again happen next week; he'd win and the whole arena would be chanting "Bull..."

Sasha Banks made her entrance accompanied by Becky Lynch. Champ Charlotte was out next. Full formal in-ring introductions for both competitors.

2. Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks (w/ Becky Lynch) for the NXT Women's Championship. Sasha and Charlotte jawed back and forth with Sasha's expressiveness standing out. Early on, Charlotte was in firm control and even managed to fend off Becky at ringside. Charlotte hit a Thesz Press when Becky ran in and attacked her.

Charlotte defeated Sasha Banks by DQ in about 2:22.

Post-match, both heels briefly showed tension before turning their attention to Charlotte. Bayley ran down to make the save and was received with a loud "Bayley" chant. Bayley picked up the championship and gave it a good look. Charlotte ripped it out of her hands and Bayley responded with the Belly-to-Bayley which was also well-received by the crowd.

William Regal's music hit and he announced a Fatal Four-way match for the NXT Women's Championship at the February live special. Charlotte didn't look thrilled, but held the title high; Bayley was quietly stoked and looked thankful; Becky was not-so-quietly stoked; and Sasha was peed at missing out on a one-on-one shot. Finally, Becky and Sasha got into a bit of a shoving contest. Everyone responded completely logically. Yay, simple storytelling.

Backstage, a new backstage interviewer approached Kevin Owens and Owens questioned if the guy even worked there. The guy wanted a comment from Owens on Zayn, but Owens said that whatever he has to say to Zayn, he'll say to him in-person next week...

The Vaudevillains made their entrance. No entrance for Blake and Murphy.

3. The Vaudevillains vs. Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy. The Vaudevillains were in control of Murphy early with relatively unspectacular offence. When they went to hit the same backbreaker into a suplex that they used previously, Murphy reversed and Blake came in hot. Blake hit a big powerslam for a two count. Moments later, Blake rolled into the ropes with English behind him and ducked, enabling Murphy to hit a kick to the head from ringside. Blake made the cover and scored the win...

Blake and Murphy beat The Vaudevillains in about 4:00.

Blake and Murphy celebrated like this was the biggest win of their careers. Rightfully so... Tyler Breeze told everyone that he'll be in action next... Hideo Itami vs. Tyler Breeze was hyped as the main event up next... [C]

Backstage, Blake and Murphy were celebrating. They said this wasn't an upset, this was a clean win 1-2-3. Murphy said 2015 is their year. He said that they want to challenge the Lucha Dragons for the NXT Tag Team Championships...

Adrian Neville vs. Tyson Kidd and Baron Corbin vs. Bull Dempsey in tournament matches was hyped for next week. The contract signing between Zayn and Owens was hyped as well... Tyler Breeze made his entrance for the main event. Hideo Itami was out next.

4. Hideo Itami vs. Tyler Breeze in the first round of the No. 1 contender tournament. The crowd was begging for the GTS right out of the gate. Itami kept throwing high kicks with Breeze ducking out of the way. Breeze briefly took control with a low kick but Itami regained control with a kitchen sink followed by the penalty kick to the chest. Itami hit a chop, but Breeze pulled Itami into the turnbuckle and sent him crashing to ringside.

Back in the ring, Breeze hit a dropkick for a two-count and continued the attack on Itami. The crowd got on Breeze's case for being boring when he sat in an extended chinlock. Itami tried to fight out, but Breeze put him right back down with a spinning neckbreaker.  Back from break, Itami was right back in a grounded chinlock.

The commentators announced that The Lucha Dragons had accepted Blake and Murphy's title challenge for next week. Itami began to fire up with a series of kicks. Itami hit his over-rotated tornado DDT into a hangman and followed up with a springboard clothesline for a near-fall. Breeze looked for a piledriver (or something) but Itami reversed with a fisherman suplex for another near-fall.

Itami hit a stiff kick to the chest of Breeze from the apron, but moments later Itami ate the Supermodel Kick from Breeze for a good near-fall. Breeze fired away with punches and stomps in the corner, and a short time later connected with a crucifix driver for another good near-fall. Breeze berated Itami and threw punches, but Itami "Itami'd Up" and fired away with his series of strikes. He hit the ropes with a kick and then finished up with a running single-leg dropkick for the pinfall.

Hideo Itami over Tyler Breeze in about 10:30 to advance to the semi-finals of the No. 1 contender tournament.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Re: NXT Results 21/1

Post by Samo on Thu 22 Jan 2015, 5:43 pm

Was literally just about to post this.  I cant wait for Zayn - Owens for the first time in WWE.  Zayn looked great and it was a new side to his character.  Im glad that it wont be for the title.  The match doesnt need it and its too early in Zayns run to lose and its too early in Owens NXT Career to lose.

I think Charlotte is going to drop the title at Takeover.  Its time for her to move to the big leagues.  I'd have Sasha cheat to win leading to a feud with Bayley.

Thats how you sell a big win for a tag team.  The commentary team did a great job putting over Blake and Murphy.  I can sell the Vaudevillians screwing them next week, leading to a No.1 contenders match between the two teams.

Next weeks tournament matches should be good.  I dont know how they're going to do Dempsey - Corbin two.  Maybe a Corbin win and Dempsey screwing him out of a final spot vs Itami?  Or could Corbin win the whole thing? Edit: Just realise I got the brackets confused, and Itami vs Balor is in two weeks. Holy Poopie I cant wait for that.

This weeks matches were both good.  Balor looks brilliant, and Itami and Breeze worked well together.  I cant call how this one is going to go.  I think Neville will beat Kidd and Corbin will beat Dempsey, but I cant pick a winner from the four.  I doubt it will be Neville, but either Corbin, Balor or Itami could win it.

Once again NXT leaves me looking forward to next week.  It continues to do things the WWE doesnt.  Enchancement matches replace filler matches.  Compelling match-ups.  Evolution of Characters.  An undercard that actually has interesting stories (imagine that!).  

Im such a mark.  Dont even care.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 on Thu 22 Jan 2015, 6:26 pm

Unfortunately read the spoilers so know the final match of the tournament.

As always a good episode. Balor is my current favourite on the NXT/WWE roster. Would mark the f out if his music hit at the rumble and he came out with the face paint.

A great way to sell NXT would be to have Zayn in the Rumble and Owens come through the crowd and throw him out. Even if it only sells a couple of network subs it will make more money than having low carders in the match.

Balor vs Itami is apparently a very good match so can't wait to see that!

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza on Thu 22 Jan 2015, 6:31 pm

Thought this was another good NXT, although slightly down in quality from last week.

One thing NXT have done better than the main roster is built for the next special event. Zayn/Owens had to happen. Like the logical booking of a non-title match. The writers, Regal and Zayn deserve credit for summing up all the bullet points for the match in about seven minutes. Had this taken place on Raw, it would have lasted about 30 minutes.

There were hints that the Vaudevillians may be splitting up. One of the commentators said something about Gotch being relutant to shake English's hand during their pre-match routine. I hope I'm wrong, as they're a really entertaining team.

I was initially a bit disappointed that the women's match had a false finish, but it made perfect sense, seeing as it was Charlotte and Sasha's third meeting in quick succession. Great fire shown by Bayley. I'd go with your booking as well Samo. The temptation to put the belt on Bayley may be strong, but I think there's more mileage in her winning the title in a one on one match.

Breeze's match with Hideo was both men best showing on NXT. Itami/Balor promises to be ridiculously good. I'm also interested in Marcus Louis feuding with Breeze. I think he's got loads of potential.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Fri 23 Jan 2015, 12:40 am

Once again NXT shows how easy it is to put the belts over, build feuds and work a path forwards on shows to PPVs.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC on Fri 23 Jan 2015, 2:10 am

I have now jumped on the NXT bandwagon. I always kept an eye on results etc and watched R Evolution but now I have the Network I have started watching it and saw the last 2. This tournament is going to throw up some amazing matches. Neville v Kidd and Itami v Balor. Wow.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum