The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Controversy as interviewer asks Bouchard and Serena to twirl

+7
hawkeye
Haddie-nuff
temporary21
kingraf
Silver
HM Murdock
It Must Be Love
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Controversy as interviewer asks Bouchard and Serena to twirl  - Page 2 Empty Controversy as interviewer asks Bouchard and Serena to twirl

Post by It Must Be Love Fri 23 Jan 2015, 1:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

The BBC have been fuming this week, after an interviewer asked both Bouchard and Serena to twirl.

Bouchard said she was 'ok' with it, adding 'I'm not offended'; but the journalists at the BBC are very offended on her behalf.
Serena was angrier than Bouchard, saying 'she wouldn't ask Nadal or Federer to twirl' but she didn't clarify if she thought the incident was sexist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/30943738

What do you guys think ? Sexist, or a harmless bit of fun ?

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Controversy as interviewer asks Bouchard and Serena to twirl  - Page 2 Empty Re: Controversy as interviewer asks Bouchard and Serena to twirl

Post by kingraf Sat 24 Jan 2015, 5:26 pm

Lots of men have had to be rent boys. It's hardly a well kept secret. And it being different sounds a lot like what's good for the goose being toxic for the gander
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Controversy as interviewer asks Bouchard and Serena to twirl  - Page 2 Empty Re: Controversy as interviewer asks Bouchard and Serena to twirl

Post by temporary21 Sat 24 Jan 2015, 5:26 pm

[/quote]

Ha ha! Did she really? It's different for men. They don't have a history of having to sell themselves in order to earn a crust. It's to do with power and money. If you don't understand maybe your clever girlfriend might want to explain it to you. I've got enough to worry about now with Anderson... zen[/quote]

I wonder if you realise just how sexist what you just said here is...

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sat 24 Jan 2015, 5:33 pm

hawkeye wrote:

kingraf wrote:So Hawkeye...

You rate Pam Shriver was a creepy sex pest when she asked Nadal to do an on court interview shirtless?

Ha ha! Did she really? It's different for men.
Double standards Hawkeye ?

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 24 Jan 2015, 5:40 pm

hawkeye wrote:I respect the great Billie Jean because of what she has done not only to promote women in tennis but to promote women in general. She is familiar with what a sexist pig looks like and is not scared of shouting out when attempts are made to undo all her hard work.

kingraf wrote:So Hawkeye...

You rate Pam Shriver was a creepy sex pest when she asked Nadal to do an on court interview shirtless?

Ha ha! Did she really? It's different for men. They don't have a history of having to sell themselves in order to earn a crust. It's to do with power and money. If you don't understand maybe your clever girlfriend might want to explain it to you. I've got enough to worry about now with Anderson... zen

Well good for you HE I happen to think she is a hypocrite frankly

And women do not have to sell themselves HE they chose to do so. Get off your cross we need the wood.
.So what did men have to do when they need to earn a crust ??  Why do you think there are more robbers and thieves among men and there are more men in prisons than women.
They dont have such a commodity to sell.  Face it HE most women today in that profession, of which there are many areas, enjoy what they do.. If you could see the local paper here there are four pages of photos of WOMEN selling themselves.. its a lucrative business and oldest profession in the world.
You and other feminists keep telling me that women have choices... yes we do.. and rightly so.. so why do they chose to do what they do. Grant you there are those who prey on young girls.. but that is only a part of the trade.

Maybe Im fortunate I have three dear men in my family none of which are male sexist pigs and treat women with respect so perhaps Im biased

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sat 24 Jan 2015, 5:46 pm

shivfan wrote:It's time the fans of The Sun's Page Three, who clearly frequent this messageboard, overcame their inherent hatred of women standing up for what they believe in.

hawkeye wrote:She is familiar with what a sexist pig looks like...

It's different for men ... if you don't understand maybe your clever girlfriend might want to explain it to you.

Wow.

Both of these posts and the implications within are pretty disturbing. Inherent hatred of women? Sexist pigs?

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Jan 2015, 5:50 pm

It's what I call Boy George syndrome Silver.

Once something loses it's unique appeal, they refuse to adjust to change that makes the unique more accepted in mainstream.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 24 Jan 2015, 5:56 pm

What really hurts is she basically said I'm too thick to get it, so I have to ask a clever woman to explain it to me :'(
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 24 Jan 2015, 5:59 pm

I agree Silver. I maybe among the minority but I will fight the case for women in certain areas of society when I feel the need to do so but I think that my sex is in danger of shooting themselves in the foot.  Women today must be feeling very insecure if they feel they have to defend their sexuality at every off the cuff innocuous remark made by a man. For me I have never felt a lesser human being because of my sex and neither have I felt my sexuality threatened. Intellectually I feel I can compete with my male counterpart.
I enjoy being a woman and treated as one. Im sorry for those who dont.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 24 Jan 2015, 10:22 pm

In terms of the 5 vs 3 set matches, I will take a Garcia v Bouchard or Williams v Giorgi over the first two sets of Nadal v Sela. The 3-set v 5-set idea seems to equate to 'physical' labor and trying to make the two genders do equivalent work.

legendkillarv2 wrote:Least it wasn't twerking!

Imagine the meltdown on social media! Wink

CBS executives would literally have a cow (if anyone can recall the Jackson fiasco). Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sun 25 Jan 2015, 12:00 am

It is mostly from a physical effort standpoint I guess. Particularly, it makes it easier for women to play both the doubles and singles scene to earn more money. Not all long matches are good, but a tense 5 setter has a bit of an aura to it nonetheless, and good five setters are the magic ones that people talk about years later.

I dont think you could schedule for 5 sets for both genders through the tournament, but it would be reasonable I think for the semis and final of the womens singles and doubles to be 5 sets.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sun 25 Jan 2015, 7:53 am

Haddie-nuff wrote:
Well good for you HE I happen to think she is a hypocrite frankly

And women do not have to sell themselves HE they chose to do so. Get off your cross we need the wood.
.So what did men have to do when they need to earn a crust ??  Why do you think there are more robbers and thieves among men and there are more men in prisons than women.
They dont have such a commodity to sell.  Face it HE most women today in that profession, of which there are many areas, enjoy what they do.. If you could see the local paper here there are four pages of photos of WOMEN selling themselves.. its a lucrative business and oldest profession in the world.
You and other feminists keep telling me that women have choices... yes we do.. and rightly so.. so why do they chose to do what they do. Grant you there are those who prey on young girls.. but that is only a part of the trade.

Maybe Im fortunate I have three dear men in my family none of which are male sexist pigs and treat women with respect so perhaps Im biased

kingraf wrote:What really hurts is she basically said I'm too thick to get it, so I have to ask a clever woman to explain it to me :'(

It's quite funny. This SHOULD be a storm in a tea cup. Top female tennis players offended by the line of questioning in a post match interview. It matters little that people here think that they shouldn't object, are not offended or want female players to continue to be asked to twirl. Serena, Bouchard, the Great Billie Jean and many other women will understand why this shouldn't have any place in a post match tennis interview. If others don't understand if they are interested enough they could try to find out?  But if not the feelings of the female tennis players should be respected. The line of questioning should and will stop. We have moved on so much from the days that the Great Billie Jean played Very Happy

Haddie I'm sure the three dear men in your family who are not sexist pigs won't be too upset if female players are not asked to twirl.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 25 Jan 2015, 1:25 pm

Keep digging HE.. YOU are boring me now

Try chaining yourself to some railings !!!!!!!!

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon 26 Jan 2015, 12:50 am

I didn't think that any of the players were actually bothered by it. Seems to me that it was more the bystanders, commentators and journalists that took offense for everyone.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2