The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They don't make em like that any more........

3 posters

Go down

They don't make em like that any more........ Empty They don't make em like that any more........

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 03 Feb 2015, 12:18 pm

Oliver Reed

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

They don't make em like that any more........ Empty Re: They don't make em like that any more........

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 Feb 2015, 12:28 pm

I liked Reed in The musketeers, Venom and other stuff...........Hugely charismatic man that stole every film he was in pretty much including Gladiator.....

But I wouldn't have wanted to know him...........Bet he was a right pain in the rectum..

People with no inhibitions can be very intimidating..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

They don't make em like that any more........ Empty Re: They don't make em like that any more........

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 03 Feb 2015, 12:33 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I liked Reed in The musketeers, Venom and other stuff...........Hugely charismatic man that stole every film he was in pretty much including Gladiator.....

But I wouldn't have wanted to know him...........Bet he was a right pain in the rectum..

He was a great actor when he could be bothered.

Big time charactor who would be crucified if he was around today. Remember his freak out on Wogan..........classic.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 Feb 2015, 12:36 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I liked Reed in The musketeers, Venom and other stuff...........Hugely charismatic man that stole every film he was in pretty much including Gladiator.....

Big time charactor who would be crucified if he was around today. Remember his freak out on Wogan..........classic.

Quite the reverse...Actors are so PC these days I think Reed's outbursts would be more appreciated.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Feb 2015, 2:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Quite the reverse...Actors are so PC these days I think Reed's outbursts would be more appreciated.
Didn't work for Russell Crowe when he thought he was Charlie Big Bollox did it? And let's not forget Tina thinks Hugh Jackman is a Grade A c**t.

I loved the "After Dark" programme where Reed turned up hammered, kissed a lesbian and proceeded to offend everyone before wandering off set before the end of the programme. Also watched him on "The Word" when he turned up (hammered...naturally) wearing a leather ensemble and mumbled a version of "Wild Thing" whilst peppering his song with random outbursts where he spoke in a thick Caribbean patois.

Heard this story where he was drinking in a country pub near his house and he invited the local rugby team back to his house for an evening of laddishness. Apparently they all carried barrels of ale back on their shoulders. The following morning the locals were shocked (but somehow unsurprised to see Ollie and the rugby boys taking and early morning run...stark bo!!ock naked.

And that's how the Didsbury 2nd eleven were set upon their current path!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 Feb 2015, 2:27 pm

Russell Crowe is Charlie Big Bollox.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Feb 2015, 3:14 pm

No he isn't...he's a decent actor...no more...no less. Threatening people backstage because they pulled the plug on his impromptu reading of some self-penned self congratulatory poetry is not big or clever. The fact they gave the Oscar that year to Denzel Washington to spite Crowe shows just how insignificant he is in the great scheme of things

Jackman however, he's a different kettle of fish

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Tue 10 Feb 2015, 7:37 pm

DAVE667 wrote:No he isn't...he's a decent actor...no more...no less. Threatening people backstage because they pulled the plug on his impromptu reading of some self-penned self congratulatory poetry is not big or clever. The fact they gave the Oscar that year to Denzel Washington to spite Crowe shows just how insignificant he is in the great scheme of things

Jackman however, he's a different kettle of fish

Russell Crowe seems to have a bit of a thing for poetry. He named his son Tennyson, for Chrissake. Actually, it's not a bad name, IMHO, but it's a rather pretentious thing to do.

Ollie Reed, on the other hand, was a top bloke who would have been more likely to name his son Johnny Walker, or Jack Daniels, or Grouse or something like that. Didn't Ollie once have a legendary drinking session with Lee Marvin on the set of "Shout At The Devil". I seem to remember reading somewhere that it held up filming for three days (including recovery / hangover time).

The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Feb 2015, 10:05 pm

I read that Lee Marvin hated the guy and kept away from him..

Like I said I admire his talent but am wary of people with no inhibitions..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down