The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adams weekly Ross Report rant (AWRRR for short)

3 posters

Go down

Adams weekly Ross Report rant (AWRRR for short) Empty Adams weekly Ross Report rant (AWRRR for short)

Post by Adam D Thu 05 Feb 2015, 8:51 am

For listeners of the v2 wrestling podcast (both of you), you will most probably have noted a trend recently of me ranting about how bad JRs podcast is.

So rather than pepper threads about my dissatisfaction at one of the "leading wrestling minds" thoughts, I thought I would start a thread to allow people to comment on "one of the most listened to podcasts on any topic" here.

So anyway, this week, he had the Iron Sheik on the show. I was actually quite looking forward to this but it turns out that the Sheik is genuinely insane.

He claims that he would beat Lesnar in 1968 when he was in his prime, even though as JR pointed out, he would be giving away over 100 lbs. He also claimed that he coined the phrase "jabroni". Havent finished it yet but it does appear that he is the Prince Phillip of pro wrestling - old and making stuff up for giggles.

Other things to note is how Jim Ross was very complimentary about Lucha Underground this week, stating he never misses a show. This is the same JR who last week who didnt know the name of the guy in the mask who has main evented pretty much every week since its debut (its Prince Puma for you doubters that I dont know! Looking at you Promotheus).

So if you enjoy long adverts for fantasy football and car insurance, as well as ramblings (and I mean he rambles on and on and on) of Jim Ross before he gets to his guests, you should really check it out.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Adams weekly Ross Report rant (AWRRR for short) Empty Re: Adams weekly Ross Report rant (AWRRR for short)

Post by Prometheus Thu 05 Feb 2015, 9:36 am

I put this in another thread, but it belongs here better now.

[About Reigns]
9:33 "Sometimes you get a gut feeling that someone might not be ready"

Yes, a week and a half after the Rumble.  JR, with his years of knowledge, insight this wrestling mind reveals to his audience a gut feeling that Reigns might not be ready.  

I listened to 20 minutes of Sheik.  But I was replying to the podcast thread.  And realised I'd not got a clue what the crazy loon was on about, so I'm going to have to try to listen to it on the commute home again.  All I did glean is that he's absolutely stone cold bonkers.

Oh and you want rambling podcasts?  I downloaded SCSA's at the weekend.  This is your fault.  It had Al Snow in the title, and I didn't look into it more than that, so I was just wondering how SCSA would interview Al, especially if Al decided to go kayfabe again.  He spent the first 30 minutes driving round his ranch!!!!   He spent 10 minutes talking about Al E. Gator.  Yes, we absolutely see what you did there Steve.  He was trying to introduce an alligator onto what is in reality a radio talk show!  It was so boring that after a while, I just started shouting "What!" at the podcast when he paused for breath.  Dunno if he ever did interview Al, as that only kept me entertained for 2 more minutes.  

I gave up with Twitter when I came to the conclusion that the more insight you got into what people were thinking, the more likely you were to start to conclude they are morons.  I may be heading in the same direction with podcasts (present company excepted).

I'm not going to recommend it to you because it has all the shilling of JRs podcast and there's a review of the Rumble with Dave Melzer. But if you go to about 35 mins in there's a really good interview with Wade Barrett on Jericho's podcast.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Adams weekly Ross Report rant (AWRRR for short) Empty Re: Adams weekly Ross Report rant (AWRRR for short)

Post by Adam D Thu 12 Feb 2015, 7:03 pm

This weeks guest was Adam Cole who seemed to be like a really clever and articulate guy. It's a shame that he obviously was in awe of talking to JR as nothing was really said that wa that interesting.

JR just repeats the same rubbish each week;

ROH has terrible lighting and the wrestlers move too fast.
I didn't know I had destination America
Lucha underground is great. I like that masked guy.
My chipotle ketchup has sold out.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 12 Feb 2015, 7:32 pm

I was really embarrassed for the lad when he talked about trying out for WWE and JR couldn't remember him.

It came over that Ross hadn't seen him wrestle and just got him on to make his points about how to improve RoH.

I turned it off after 30 mins.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 12 Feb 2015, 7:36 pm

I don't know why I put myself through listening to it each week!

The sheik was impossible to understand and jr is so out of touch it's unreal. But I know what to do if I want to buy a new car in Oklahoma

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 12 Feb 2015, 7:39 pm

What I enjoy most is the "we want to keep this podcast free for you". Really, JR. for us? Cos I'll let you in on something, if your podcast were a dollar a show there'd be no one listening, that's the value you offer. Free is the only way you maintain any listeners.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 12 Feb 2015, 7:43 pm

Would you pay a dollar for our show?

Don't answer that!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 12 Feb 2015, 8:05 pm

Ha!

JR has Meltzer on a while back. I'm pretty sure his VIO access is 9.99. And I'm sure for his subscribers that's great value. But I'm thinking, so if I have 9.99 I can get the network or a dirt sheet. To me it's no competition.

Anyway, if I had a dollar more I'd rather give it to you than JR. not sure about the other guys on the show though Wink
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 12 Feb 2015, 9:24 pm

Ah shucks, you are just saying that!

Why don't you just but some v2 chipotle ketchup? But hurry up, as stocks are low.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 12 Feb 2015, 9:42 pm

Ditch the guy who keeps harping on about TNA and I'd pay 2 Smile

Apparently Bobby Roode will be his guest on 21 April.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Mon 16 Feb 2015, 1:32 pm

So anyway, this week, he had the Iron Sheik on the show. I was actually quite looking forward to this but it turns out that the Sheik is genuinely insane.

Yes would agree but would say the sheik was the most coherent I have heard him, and some good background to him.

Other things to note is how Jim Ross was very complimentary about Lucha Underground this week, stating he never misses a show. This is the same JR who last week who didnt know the name of the guy in the mask who has main evented pretty much every week since its debut (its Prince Puma for you doubters that I dont know! Looking at you Promotheus).

What JR said was the interviews, backstage were good, he didn't say much on the in ring which is why he doesn't say much abou the masked guy. He says on most of his podcasts that he doesn't watch any regularly he watches WWE and the others if he has time.

So if you enjoy long adverts for fantasy football and car insurance, as well as ramblings (and I mean he rambles on and on and on) of Jim Ross before he gets to his guests, you should really check it out.

I enjoy his Rambles as you put it, he gives his feedback on whats happened this week and a bit of fantasty booking, and so what there are adverts? Its free so why bitch and moan, if you don't like it why bother listening?

Yes, a week and a half after the Rumble. JR, with his years of knowledge, insight this wrestling mind reveals to his audience a gut feeling that Reigns might not be ready.

JR said previously he thought Reigns should win the Rumble but when he got injured suggested that he would change that as Reigns didn't have the exposure needed to ready. So he said this before the RUmble also in the episode following the Rumble ( so recorded the day after) he said about Reigns maybe not being ready.

Also you have to remember JR gets a lot of emails and tweets so this is one way of angering those questions generally.

I would say you are in a minority here Adam I agree with a lot of what you say in the past but in this case I think you are wrong. JR's Podcast is one of the most highly listened to podcasts in the world JR cant be doing too much wrong.

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 26 Mar 2015, 3:59 pm

Quite enjoyed Ken Shamrock this week.

I also particularly liked when good Ol' JR confidentally predicted that Lesnar would return to the UFC or Bellator. Still havent finished listening yet, so I do not have a status update on any of his Tshirts or sauces.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:01 pm

I guess I'll have to listen to this as certain other podcasts don't seem to be available Rolling Eyes
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:11 pm

Prometheus wrote:I guess I'll have to listen to this as certain other podcasts don't seem to be available Rolling Eyes
We recorded it on Tuesday evening (as always) - I even offered to post it if Chris had sent it! Talk to him!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:16 pm

Adam D wrote:
Prometheus wrote:I guess I'll have to listen to this as certain other podcasts don't seem to be available Rolling Eyes
We recorded it on Tuesday evening (as always) - I even offered to post it if Chris had sent it! Talk to him!

Erm

I'm listening to JR right now. 10 minutes in and he's advertised his show in San Jose twice already.

And yes, I hold you directly responsible for me listening to JR
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 24 Apr 2015, 3:07 pm

Never before have I wished that a man would choke to death on a croissan'wich
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 24 Apr 2015, 3:25 pm

Prometheus wrote:Never before have I wished that a man would choke to death on a croissan'wich
I found it funny on this weeks show that he was talking about losing weight on a strict diet. No mention of the delicious croissan'wich not that BK have stopped sponsoring him!  Laugh

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 24 Apr 2015, 3:37 pm

I strongly get the impression that he'd sell anything for a couple of bucks.

"Crack cocaine for babies. That's right folks for babies. It'll give them extra energy and let them entertain themselves for hours. And it's so easy to deliver, just put a couple of rocks in their bottle of milk and let them sip away on that happy juice. I hope you are giving your little ones crack cocaine for babies, because I sure know I am. But you know if you have problem with kids running on your lawn. And I sure know I do. Then landmines are today's answer. We used to use bear traps, but some of those wily infants can actually see those big steel traps through the leaves you use to cover them. So, buy a landmine and plant that in your garden, it'll keep those critters off. Or blow them sky high!"
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 24 Apr 2015, 4:02 pm

Laugh
That is spot on!

I tried (and failed) to do it for carpets on this weeks show!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 24 Apr 2015, 4:24 pm

I liked your carpet spot.  

I suspect that BK dropped JR after JR went into one of their fast food joints every single day and told their young people that they were working too fast. Just slow down, okay. And get some better lighting.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:12 am

17 minutes in to this weeks show and all we have had so far is an advert for mick filets network show, jr enjoying himself at the wwe nxt tapings, burger kings croissantwich, Amazon link and flowers for mother day where you get a free base.

I've learnt so much about the wrestling business so far.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:57 am

Adam D wrote:17 minutes in to this weeks show and all we have had so far is an advert for mick filets network show, jr enjoying himself at the wwe nxt tapings, burger kings croissantwich, Amazon link and flowers for mother day where you get a free base.

I've learnt so much about the wrestling business so far.

He should do a show with Abdullah the Butcher.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:59 am

Damn autocorrect!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down