Ever look at your teams past line ups and think...

Go down

Ever look at your teams past line ups and think...

Post by kingraf on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:37 am

The selectors were committing suicide in the worst way? Just looking at our teams from past world cups, I thought to myself Lance Klusener was certainly good enough to make our top six, so I looked at who was keeping him down... so to speak. Almost beggars belief that consecutive world cups Mark Boucher batted at six for us. It genuinely leaves me perplexed as to how anyone would think this is a viable tactic. Nothing against Mark as he was a great servant to cricket, but how he managed to consistently bat above Klusener will forever mystify me.

If you trawled through your past... Or even present line ups, any repeated faux pas, I mean almost running gags, which you can think of?
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Re: Ever look at your teams past line ups and think...

Post by VTR on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:56 am

Any England team from the 90s! Talking mainly about tests, where there was a high propensity to pick not good enough in either discipline all rounders and bat them at 6.

Then in the nearer past, the obsession with supposed extreme pace giving us the joys of Saj mahmood and amjad khan

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:50 pm

I remember Saj Manhood. Don't remember much about him, but I do remember Jacques Kallis hitting him for five cover drive boundaries in a single over. Looking back, it's amazing to think neither captain nor bowler thought it prudent to bowl a different line in that over.
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:51 pm

To be fair, it might have been four cover drives and one clip down leg side
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle on Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:06 pm

kingraf wrote:I remember Saj Manhood. Don't remember much about him, but I do remember Jacques Kallis hitting him for five cover drive boundaries in a single over. Looking back, it's amazing to think neither captain nor bowler thought it prudent to bowl a different line in that over.

You make the error in thinking Saj had any idea where it was going himself.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:53 am

England using the ODI team, to groom a new test skipper. I'm thinking Nasser, Vauhgan, Cook.
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum