The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka - Spoilers

4 posters

Go down

NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka - Spoilers  Empty NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka - Spoilers

Post by Fernando Wed 11 Feb 2015, 5:01 pm

(1) Sho Tanaka def. Yohei Komatsu

(2) Tiger Mask & Mascara Dorada def. Manabu Nakanishi & Captain New Japan

(3) Jushin Liger & Hiroyoshi Tenzan def. Rob Conway & Chase Owens

(4) Kota Ibushi def. Tomoaki Honma

(5) The Young Bucks def. reDRagon (c) and The Time Splitters to WIN THE IWGP JR. TAG TEAM TITLES.

(6) Kenny Omega (c) def. Ryuske Taguchi to retain the IWGP Jr. Title.

(7) Okada & Sakuraba & Toru Yano def. Bad Luck Fale & Takahashi & Tama Tonga

(8) Yuji Nagata & Sotoshi Kojima & Tetsuya Naito def. Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii & Yoshi-Hashi

(9) Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson def. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata (c) to WIN THE IWGP TAG TEAM TITLES.

(10) AJ Styles def. Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) to WIN THE IWGP WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka - Spoilers  Empty Re: NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka - Spoilers

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 11 Feb 2015, 5:17 pm

Is this Funaki style wrestling?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka - Spoilers  Empty Re: NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka - Spoilers

Post by Prometheus Wed 11 Feb 2015, 9:45 pm

Only seen the first 2 bouts so far. Well worth getting NJPW World free Feb to give it a go.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sat 14 Feb 2015, 6:44 pm

I'm probably the only one watching this. But The New Beginning: Sendai, Ishii v Honma from about 2:45 on the PPV is well worth watching.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 20 Feb 2015, 10:40 pm

Finally got finished watching all of this, Osaka was about what I expected match quality wise, three way tag stole the show for me, Ibushi/Honma was fun and the competitors in the title match meant it couldn't be anything less than very good

The Sendai show far exceeded my expectations though, obviously motn was Ishii/Honma, brilliant match probably in my top 5 this year, it's strangely ironic that Makabe had to vacant the title due to flu, only for it to be won by Ishii who's been injured since last July and is basically held together by gaffer tape at this stage, still as great as that match was, you kind of know what to expect by two performers of that calibre, the surprise of the night for me was the NWA title match between Conway and Tenzan, a guy as old and broken down as Tenzan and a worker as mediocre as Conway have no right to be having a match that good, for US fans it would be the equivalent of Sting and Adam Rose having a 4* match in 2015, just so much better than I expected, other surprises were how good Jay White was in his showing against ReDragon, New Japan have a real prospect there, the main event had a great build up that transcended the need to speak the language, while the match was slightly underwhelming it was still pretty good and the way it played out suggests that Nagata will come again and his 'veterans last run at glory' story isn't over, one last though, given the Sendai show saw the teaming of 'The Golden Star' Ibushi and 'The Stardust Genuis' Naito, does that make their team name 'Golden Stardust'? I think the Rhodes brothers might sue somebody.

My main disappointment of both shows was Okada's continued involvement with Bad Luck Fale, why NJPW feel the need to waste one of their premier talents to occupy this bum every year is beyond me.

Still all in all two good shows with one MOTY contender, coupled with NXT rival in the middle a really good week of wrestling.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down