We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 6:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Silva has just won me a tidy £640, next goalscorer and City to score at least five, woohoo.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down


We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 4:37 pm

Duty281 wrote:Thank Heaven Michael Carrick is England's most overlooked player, otherwise England's midfield would still be getting overrun by the likes of Montenegro and Poland!

You're right, we've found a plethora of successful holding midfielders since. Or great passers. It's always a bonus when Milner is one of our options in there...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23330
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 4:37 pm

Rooney 3-0 game over. Tottenham have been awful. Rooney different gear.

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11658
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 25
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Fernando on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 4:37 pm

Spurs take Townsend off & put Chadli out there. Walker getting dominated still. Get the hint Mauricio he's Poopie not the protection Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 36439
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 28
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 4:41 pm

I think Tottenham should declare at half time.

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11658
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 25
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by PaulHv2 on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 4:41 pm

The saviour of English football has done a lot in this game then Whistle
PaulHv2
PaulHv2
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9004
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 32

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Fernando on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 4:42 pm

hampo171 wrote:The saviour of English football has done a lot in this game then Whistle

Flat track bully like Suarez Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 36439
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 28
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by PaulHv2 on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 4:43 pm

Fernando wrote:
hampo171 wrote:The saviour of English football has done a lot in this game then Whistle

Flat track bully like Suarez Whistle

Don't compare him to Suarez, he's not fit to sharpen the great mans teeth.
PaulHv2
PaulHv2
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9004
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 32

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Fernando on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 4:47 pm

hampo171 wrote:
Fernando wrote:
hampo171 wrote:The saviour of English football has done a lot in this game then Whistle

Flat track bully like Suarez Whistle

Don't compare him to Suarez, he's not fit to sharpen the great mans teeth.

Laugh Out of his 26 goals - 4 has come against top 4 sides. if stretch to top 6 then he has 5 angel

#Saviour

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 36439
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 28
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Duty281 on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 4:48 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Thank Heaven Michael Carrick is England's most overlooked player, otherwise England's midfield would still be getting overrun by the likes of Montenegro and Poland!

You're right, we've found a plethora of successful holding midfielders since. Or great passers. It's always a bonus when Milner is one of our options in there...

The search isn't over!

No need to revert to a man who was never a successful holding midfielder for his country, nor a great passer.

And at least Milner offers workrate.

Duty281

Posts : 21486
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by PaulHv2 on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 4:50 pm

Fernando wrote:
hampo171 wrote:
Fernando wrote:
hampo171 wrote:The saviour of English football has done a lot in this game then Whistle

Flat track bully like Suarez Whistle

Don't compare him to Suarez, he's not fit to sharpen the great mans teeth.

Laugh Out of his 26 goals - 4 has come against top 4 sides. if stretch to top 6 then he has 5 angel

#Saviour

You're right, he's no Bendtner Laugh
PaulHv2
PaulHv2
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9004
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 32

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Fernando on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 4:55 pm

hampo171 wrote:
Fernando wrote:
hampo171 wrote:
Fernando wrote:
hampo171 wrote:The saviour of English football has done a lot in this game then Whistle

Flat track bully like Suarez Whistle

Don't compare him to Suarez, he's not fit to sharpen the great mans teeth.

Laugh Out of his 26 goals - 4 has come against top 4 sides. if stretch to top 6 then he has 5 angel

#Saviour

You're right, he's no Bendtner Laugh

That's Lord Bendtner to you Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 36439
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 28
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 4:56 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Thank Heaven Michael Carrick is England's most overlooked player, otherwise England's midfield would still be getting overrun by the likes of Montenegro and Poland!

You're right, we've found a plethora of successful holding midfielders since. Or great passers. It's always a bonus when Milner is one of our options in there...

The search isn't over!

No need to revert to a man who was never a successful holding midfielder for his country, nor a great passer.

And at least Milner offers workrate.

Michael Carrick isn't a great passer, Jesus I don't know what game you watch Duty!

We'll never change with the "at least Milner offers workrate" attitude

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23330
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 4:57 pm

4 against the top four sides isn't a bad strike rate...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23330
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 4:58 pm

Carrick is the best passer of a ball England have, his return and our best match occurring at the same time is no coincidence.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 4:58 pm

Good to see the Kane haters out in force after one half....make it a bit more subtle next time fellas
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47122
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Duty281 on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 4:59 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Thank Heaven Michael Carrick is England's most overlooked player, otherwise England's midfield would still be getting overrun by the likes of Montenegro and Poland!

You're right, we've found a plethora of successful holding midfielders since. Or great passers. It's always a bonus when Milner is one of our options in there...

The search isn't over!

No need to revert to a man who was never a successful holding midfielder for his country, nor a great passer.

And at least Milner offers workrate.

Michael Carrick isn't a great passer, Jesus I don't know what game you watch Duty!

We'll never change with the "at least Milner offers workrate" attitude

Oh don't worry, that was a last resort. In the sense of - at least Milner offers workrate, more than the bone-idle Carrick.

And no, he isn't a great passer. Decent, but not great. Rarely incisive.

He's a cheap Paul Scholes, all in all.

Duty281

Posts : 21486
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:01 pm

Looks like we're alone Dolph in rating the brilliant Michael Carrick, you don't become an integral part of 5 league titles and 3 European finals without being a bit good.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by kingraf on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:01 pm

Carricks alright, never been overly enamoured with him. Good passer, but not in the Xavi, Scholes, Alonso bracket. Jesús weeps though if he gets kept out by Milner.

Truth be told, I genuinely like Milner. Good solid professional, and won't disgrace himself playing anywhere in the midfield.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16143
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 25
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by PaulHv2 on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:05 pm

Olly wrote:Good to see the Kane haters out in force after one half....make it a bit more subtle next time fellas

Nobody hates him Olly, but people will get a bit bored of him being made to be the saviour of England.
PaulHv2
PaulHv2
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9004
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 32

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Hero on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:10 pm

It's a well held but incorrect belief that Carrick is a crab type passer. 2 years ago when Utd won the league he had the most forward passes in all of the top European leagues (1376 in the season compared to Xavi's 1318)

Hero
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28290
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 43
Location : Work toilet

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:12 pm

I like Milner, but he's been ruined by being a little bit of everything. Jack of all trades master of none nowadays.

Man United have only played decent football this year when Carrick has played. He's a slot down from the kind of greats listed by Raf, but that's not a bad place to be!


Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23330
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:13 pm

What Carrick can do is pass with both feet with an air of confidence and calmness that no other English midfielder can. He doesn't run anywhere near as much as Milner, but that's to his credit and not Milner's. Got to question why a player is known for a strong work ethic when there's a football to be used

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23330
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:14 pm

hampo171 wrote:
Olly wrote:Good to see the Kane haters out in force after one half....make it a bit more subtle next time fellas

Nobody hates him Olly, but people will get a bit bored of him being made to be the saviour of England.

I don't think anybody has ever said that - but he's the top scorer in all competitions this season. People are allowed to get excited about it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47122
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:16 pm

Michael Carrick is a throwback to the great Italian midfielders of the 80's and 90's. He'd have taken to Serie A like a duck to water during its heyday.

He'd probably be more respected for it, now, too.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:16 pm

Still not entirely sure how Newcastle are gonna avoid the drop this year
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47122
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by PaulHv2 on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:19 pm

Olly wrote:
hampo171 wrote:
Olly wrote:Good to see the Kane haters out in force after one half....make it a bit more subtle next time fellas

Nobody hates him Olly, but people will get a bit bored of him being made to be the saviour of England.

I don't think anybody has ever said that - but he's the top scorer in all competitions this season. People are allowed to get excited about it

It's the hype Olly, in this country people are constantly set up to fail. Remember when Andros Townsend was once in the same position as Kane is now? No point calling people "haters" for not jumping on the hype bandwagon.
PaulHv2
PaulHv2
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9004
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 32

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:22 pm

Olly wrote:Still not entirely sure how Newcastle are gonna avoid the drop this year

Not surprising this result.

Take a look at the table mate, that how we're avoiding relegation, you seem to be stuck in September 2014.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:29 pm

People already getting on Kanes back after one game. Gotta love English supporters.

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11658
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 25
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:31 pm

hampo171 wrote:
Olly wrote:
hampo171 wrote:
Olly wrote:Good to see the Kane haters out in force after one half....make it a bit more subtle next time fellas

Nobody hates him Olly, but people will get a bit bored of him being made to be the saviour of England.

I don't think anybody has ever said that - but he's the top scorer in all competitions this season. People are allowed to get excited about it

It's the hype Olly, in this country people are constantly set up to fail. Remember when Andros Townsend was once in the same position as Kane is now? No point calling people "haters" for not jumping on the hype bandwagon.

Not entirely sure how he's being setup to fail - he's a good young prospect who's been brilliant this season.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47122
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by PaulHv2 on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:36 pm

Olly wrote:
hampo171 wrote:
Olly wrote:
hampo171 wrote:
Olly wrote:Good to see the Kane haters out in force after one half....make it a bit more subtle next time fellas

Nobody hates him Olly, but people will get a bit bored of him being made to be the saviour of England.

I don't think anybody has ever said that - but he's the top scorer in all competitions this season. People are allowed to get excited about it

It's the hype Olly, in this country people are constantly set up to fail. Remember when Andros Townsend was once in the same position as Kane is now? No point calling people "haters" for not jumping on the hype bandwagon.

Not entirely sure how he's being setup to fail - he's a good young prospect who's been brilliant this season.

It's the English way Olly, build someone up and laugh when they fall. Happened to plenty of players in the past, will happen to plenty of players in the future. I'd happily be proven wrong, but the second season is always a lot harder than the first.
PaulHv2
PaulHv2
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9004
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 32

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:41 pm

Rooney has been everywhere today

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11658
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 25
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:44 pm

Have this shower of Poopie had a shot yet?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23330
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:45 pm

Well they have now

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23330
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:51 pm

Ridiculous how close its got for City now. Manuel certainly looks like he'll be gone

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23330
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by westisbest on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 5:57 pm

Olly wrote:Still not entirely sure how Newcastle are gonna avoid the drop this year

I'll eat my sh1t for a year if Newcastle go down.

westisbest

Posts : 7259
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 6:06 pm

Its quite possible Newcastle could lose all their games and still stay up. Burnley look the most likely to fight back of the bottom three and they need 10 points just to level things up.

For Newcastle woes I don't think they're a worse side than Burnley, QPR, Leicester, Hull, Sunderland or Villa

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23330
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by westisbest on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 6:19 pm

Its 3 from those 6 you mentioned dolph.

Im going with

Sunderland
Leicester
QPR

Leicester seem to be unlucky from what I hear, dont quite have enough to stay up.

QPR, similar to Leicester.

Sunderland's confidence must be zapped after we showed them how to play the game yesterday Whistle
Not sure Poyet will be able to keep them up. Have been hovering around the trap door for some time and I think they will fall through it.

Burnley are showing the fight to stay up.
Hull I think will finish 17th.
As for us. Well confidence is up playing better than what we have been. Confident we will be ok.

westisbest

Posts : 7259
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Hero on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 6:51 pm

One person that's not been mentioned but who was also fantastic for Utd this afternoon is Ent's fave Mata. Quality today from him.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28290
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 43
Location : Work toilet

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 7:22 pm

United fans chanting Fellaini of all people & applauding Mata like he was some kind of hero as he was subbed off. That sums up how Spurs performed & what they allowed United to do, it really was truly embarrassing. Liverpool (a) for United won't be anything like this.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 8:40 pm

Mata just passes the ball around lovely. Herrera seemed to enjoy playing that side around him, whereas Fellaini was good with Young and Blind

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23330
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 8:42 pm

westisbest wrote:Its 3 from those 6 you mentioned dolph.

Im going with

Sunderland
Leicester
QPR

Leicester seem to be unlucky from what I hear, dont quite have enough to stay up.

QPR, similar to Leicester.

Sunderland's confidence must be zapped after we showed them how to play the game yesterday Whistle
Not sure Poyet will be able to keep them up. Have been hovering around the trap door for some time and I think they will fall through it.

Burnley are showing the fight to stay up.
Hull I think will finish 17th.
As for us. Well confidence is up playing better than what we have been. Confident we will be ok.

Burnley will go down...............Last time they played City and drew 2-2 when they should have won............They were turned over by a crap team the week after.....

Sunderland will do enough..............Leicester and QPR are doomed..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39030
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 8:58 pm

westisbest wrote:
Olly wrote:Still not entirely sure how Newcastle are gonna avoid the drop this year

I'll eat my sh1t for a year if Newcastle go down.

Reading it back - I didn't mean it as Newcastle will go down (reading back does seem like I'm saying that)

Think what I mean is I'm not really sure how they've managed to get the points they have done - whenever I've seen them they've looked like cannon fodder and the squad is hardly inspiring
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47122
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by GSC on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 9:41 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Thank Heaven Michael Carrick is England's most overlooked player, otherwise England's midfield would still be getting overrun by the likes of Montenegro and Poland!

You're right, we've found a plethora of successful holding midfielders since. Or great passers. It's always a bonus when Milner is one of our options in there...

The search isn't over!

No need to revert to a man who was never a successful holding midfielder for his country, nor a great passer.

And at least Milner offers workrate.

Michael Carrick isn't a great passer, Jesus I don't know what game you watch Duty!

We'll never change with the "at least Milner offers workrate" attitude

Oh don't worry, that was a last resort. In the sense of - at least Milner offers workrate, more than the bone-idle Carrick.

And no, he isn't a great passer. Decent, but not great. Rarely incisive.

He's a cheap Paul Scholes, all in all.

Well said
GSC
GSC

Posts : 39097
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 28
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 9:53 pm

But Andy Reid...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23330
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by GSC on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 9:59 pm

England would kill for a footballer of his vast technical ability.

And his stash of kit kats
GSC
GSC

Posts : 39097
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 28
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 10:03 pm

Olly wrote:
westisbest wrote:
Olly wrote:Still not entirely sure how Newcastle are gonna avoid the drop this year

I'll eat my sh1t for a year if Newcastle go down.

Reading it back - I didn't mean it as Newcastle will go down (reading back does seem like I'm saying that)

Think what I mean is I'm not really sure how they've managed to get the points they have done - whenever I've seen them they've looked like cannon fodder and the squad is hardly inspiring

look at our results before Xmas, that's how we've managed to get points on the board & is the reason we are in the position we're in. if you need help reading the table, I can explain it to you in laymen's terms.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by GSC on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 10:07 pm

As long as the layman is Ollys dad and brother
GSC
GSC

Posts : 39097
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 28
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon 16 Mar 2015, 12:06 am

Telegraph saying Poyet will be sacked. Allardyce expected to be high on their list of targets. Torn as ever, but regardless of feelings towards him I could see why he'd go. Not respected by supporters or one of the chairmen, could well be gone at the end of the season anyway, chance to stick two fingers up at the Toon, go in and sort Sunderland out which is the kind of job he succeeds in, probably money in the long term and the basis of a squad he'd love. Cattermole, Wickham, Larsson, Brown, Pantilimon

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23330
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Azzy on Mon 16 Mar 2015, 8:42 am

Every paper I've read today, every online story, every radio piece, all say 'United are back and better than ever'.

ONE GAME. That's all it was. Against a very poor Spurs side. Play like this until the end of the season, finish 4th or higher, then we'll talk. I'm astonished at how loved-up the media are with United.

Azzy

Posts : 5015
Join date : 2014-04-07

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by mystiroakey on Mon 16 Mar 2015, 11:20 am

you shouldn't be astonished!!

But there is no guarantee- Liverpool are playing even better- United may however have the edge with players like rooney and de gea that work every game like its their last.


mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 42
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum