The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 7 Homepage VII

+9
Ozzy3213
ChequeredJersey
Steven_Sharks
dammit_chris
Driver
CJB
prop_lyd
Sgt_Pooly
SirJohnnyEnglish
13 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 4 Empty Season 7 Homepage VII

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun 22 Feb 2015, 3:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 4 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Famous win for Wasps at Franklins Garden sees Saints fall off top spot for the first time this season while the battle for Champions Cup qualification intensifies with important wins for Saracens, Bath & Falcons

Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 4 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2013/2014 – London Wasps
2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers 
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons 
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons 
2009/2010 – Saracens 
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 4 12Sale Sharks * 1814045014455656406465
2Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 4 6London Wasps *1814135124615155426265
3Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 4 9Northampton Saints     1813054954514451427564
4Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 4 7Harlequins *1810264994544550423652
5Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 4 4Leicester Tigers18918444442237390846
6Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 4 48Exeter Chiefs *18747435454-1936400742
7Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 4 1Bath Rugby *  18819459468-944441939
8Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 4 2Gloucester *1871104684662444211039
9Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 4 8Newcastle Falcons *187110449472-2341422839
10Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 4 11Saracens187110443476-3338450938
11Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 4 50London Welsh184014418481-6334490925
12Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 4 5London Irish182214431488-57365211223

Welcome to Season 7 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (SJE) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (SJE) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 20 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1992. 

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page. Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.
Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.
  • Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the National League Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.
  • Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Open Window

Open transfer window, teams have unlimited bids provided they have the financial resources to cover them.  Teams may only bid for one player at a time.

The window will open from the 9th of June but only to those sides that finish 8th and below at first. They will have a week to make one signing each before the window is open to all.     

Player Releases wrote: 
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the National League Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be European Rugby Champions Cup, European Rugby Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday. Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday. Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday. Failure to meet these deadlines is punishable by the addition of three match points to the oppositions final score, unless both sides fail to do so. Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday. Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 15:00 hours on Sunday. Managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box. 
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

For domestic competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

For European competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 6 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions 
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc upto a maximum of £5m per fine.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (SJE) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation (foreign transfer value) in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by SirJohnnyEnglish on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:00 am; edited 5 times in total

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 4 Empty Re: Season 7 Homepage VII

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 07 Mar 2015, 2:31 pm

Genia's decent form didn't last long, he was pretty dire today as was JOC with the boot, don't think he made one kick.

Waratahs decent but didn't really need to get out of 2nd gear against a poor Reds.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Mar 2015, 2:40 pm

Delaney is a dreadful player. Was awful for clermont. Was he capped ?? Is he in Japan these days

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 07 Mar 2015, 2:59 pm

Delaney is playing for Clermont as far as I'm aware and he's put in some good shifts when I've caught hi this season. He's signed for Falcons for next season, pretty happy with him tbh, he's a good solid all rounder.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Mar 2015, 3:18 pm

Has he signed for Falcons ?? Can't see that working out. Reckon your worries at ten will continue. Amazed he got capped

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 07 Mar 2015, 3:23 pm

To be honest 10 is not really an issue. Catterick has came on leaps this season and gives us a real attacking threat with fantastic distrubution. The only thing he lacks is a bit of control and his kicking from the tee can go a bit off at times (usually away from home).

Delany is a good solid option and has a strong boot on him, he'll be a good foil for Catterick, I'm more than happy with him signing on.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Mar 2015, 3:29 pm

Bit of a pension chaser. I knew it would happen with Cowan for us. Reckon you will find the same. All blacks have had some funny one cap wonders over the years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 07 Mar 2015, 3:51 pm

Maybe we will, maybe not. He's certainly better than Godman & Clegg so I'm happy with that. Catterick has been a revelation this season, really happy with him.

Wish I could say the same about the scrum, we've only got any against Gloucester and have 4 TH's out injured.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Mar 2015, 6:47 pm

Stunning performance by handre pollard today. 29 points vs cheetahs

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 07 Mar 2015, 7:07 pm

Does anyone know how Jacques du Pleases is doing for the Bulls at lock at the moment? Sounds like that's where they've moved him to.

Also has Nykane the prop been moved to tighthead? Haven't managed to watch any SA s15 so far this season.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 07 Mar 2015, 7:09 pm

Did you see the game?

I seen the first 50 or so and he's was having a bit of a rough time bar his try. He's been pretty awful this season to be fair, I thought he was having a bit of 2nd season syndrome, even his defence has been poor and he's normally solid.

Bulls must have took control in the 2nd because there wasn't too much in it. Rhule scored a nice try and the Bulls FB looked good. Him and WLR were the best players on the pitch by a distance from what I seen.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 07 Mar 2015, 7:11 pm

Nykane not too great Chris, he had a rough time in the scrum and sure it was him that missed a tackle for Rhule try. Looks pretty poor at TH I thought.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Mar 2015, 11:23 pm

Handre pollard has been on fire all season. That is universal. He was amazing today. Hard to play bad and get 29 points http://www.superxv.com/m/item.asp?id=45739.
Du plessis has been injured or 4 Chris. He is some player although sentiments are he will be an impact sub internationally. A Dannie to roussouw type. Thinking is that Arno Botha will take Alberts place and both him and du pleassis will come off bench. For
Me alberts arguably best 6 in world and Botha despite being capped and a freak talent has been injured loads and has much to prove. Al

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Mar 2015, 11:26 pm

Nyakane is poor chris. Ousthuizen been great at th in autumn internationals and s 15 and seems to have come of age but i still
Think it's a waste of his athleticism and breakdown work playing him there. Van de Merwe the th is a talent and will
Become a int I think. Great position and set up under new laws

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Mar 2015, 11:30 pm

Certain players you see as a youth you know will
Make it like Etzbeth, ford, may, itoje, PDT,Arno Botha, Savea x2, Mckenzie, Joc etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Mar 2015, 11:59 pm

Deallende has started season so well at centre. Bumped off lambie and Coetzee so well.

Looks the heir to devilliers. Juan dejongh such a fine player. If he was NH would have 50 caps. So good defensively and exceptional in attack. As good as serfontein is I would move him to 12
And de Jongh 13 with Allende as sub if no deviliiers. Great talent in SA englebrecht is a quality 13 also.

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sun 08 Mar 2015, 12:06 am

Matt it's difficult to really take on board when all you do is say how good your players are. Why the need?

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Mar 2015, 12:25 am

???? Hardly any of those mentioned are my players ??? Wish I had Allende he seems to be developing well?

Pollard has been great its fact ?? Can't understand what you are saying Luke? Also mentioned de jongh??

Should i slate you for bigging up
Matfield????

I discuss rugby and suggest you do the same !!!
Good greenwood article http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/11453948/Time-is-running-out-for-England-but-sickly-hurt-of-defeat-will-make-them-a-better-side.html

Get annoyed by people saying robshaw is growing
As a captain: he has had more
Than 30 goes so should be no talk of development

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Mar 2015, 12:52 am

LukeLovesLuka wrote:Matt it's difficult to really take on board when all you do is say how good your players are. Why the need?

A few sniffs of the bar maids apron strings I suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 08 Mar 2015, 3:10 am

Thats a hell of a list of self bigging....highly impressive for one drunken rant!

Pollard has been anything but sensational this season Matt, he's really struggled. Have you seen any games?

It sounds to me like you didn't see the game, I did. Pollard may have got 29pts but he didnt actually play that well. He wasn't poor but "sensational" strikes of somebody who has looked at 29pts and came to a conclusion.

To prove I'm not picking on your players, Ouost had a decent game in the scrum, very good in the loose and Rhule is really coming along, scored a great try.

I'd just like to reiterate, Pollard has not been great this season so far.

Last edited by Sgt_Pooly on Sun 08 Mar 2015, 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 08 Mar 2015, 3:37 am

LukeLovesLuka wrote:Matt it's difficult to really take on board when all you do is say how good your players are. Why the need?

Haha....not a truer word has been said on here since I joined. He's not wrong my Matt to be fair, all fun and games, at least we know what you're like Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Mar 2015, 8:14 am

I meant Luke had been at the Barmaids apron.

Seen lots of Pollard and apart from first game has been great. Bulls ever improving although may need some props.

Deallende has been probably the most impressive player for a surprisingly good stormers team. I thought stormers would be in for a poor season but some players have really stepped up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 08 Mar 2015, 8:21 am

So you weren't inebriated when you went on that huge bigging up session......wow.

You must have watched different games to me. He had his best game by a distance yesterday and he was decent.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Mar 2015, 8:22 am

Did not realise cummins was back in s15. Good news for aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Mar 2015, 8:24 am

"Huge bigging up session " lol

I think the entire rugby world watches a different game to you pooly so not surprised there. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 08 Mar 2015, 8:42 am

If your players played as well as you thought every week you'd have 5 AP titles under your belt lol....

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sun 08 Mar 2015, 10:35 am

Had been at the theatre so no not as your suggestion. Id say there's a diff between saying good to see Matfield answering back critics to what you do.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 08 Mar 2015, 11:58 am

If anyone is around for any deals, have the following available

HK Rob Webber (England - Saxons Squad)
PR Trevor Nyakane (South Africa) (1)
PR Adam Jones (Wales) (3)
LK Sam Twomey (England)
LK/BS Mitch Lees (Australia)
OS/BS/N8 Julien Bonnaire (France)
BS/OS Magnus Lund (England)
N8/BS/OS Sam Jones (England)
N8 CJ Stander (South Africa)
SH Mike Phillips (Wales)
FH Rhys Priestland (Wales)
FH Nick Evans (New Zealand)
CE Regan King (New Zealand)
WG/CE Vereniki Goneva (Fiji)
WG Napaloni Nalaga (Fiji)
SH/WG Nikola Matawalu (Fiji)
FH/CE/FB James Hook (Wales)
HK Scott Spurling (England)
HK Rhys Marshall (New Zealand)
SH Rhodri Williams (Wales)
FH Will Hooley (England)

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Mar 2015, 12:06 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/11457263/England-do-not-have-to-play-sexy-rugby-to-win.html

Most sensible article I have seen on England.

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 08 Mar 2015, 12:13 pm

Think the issue we have Mat is that currently Lancaster hasn't picked the style he wants us to play - should have stuck to what we did so well against NZ a few years back.

Sounds as though Burrell is going to be dropped for Barritt, with Lawes and Brown straight back in - Brookes, Parling and Wood to the bench. Be interesting to see whether they opt for Slade ahead of Twelvetrees on the bench, not sure how many more chances the latter will get from Lancaster!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Sun 08 Mar 2015, 1:07 pm

Didn't realise Chiefs were second in the league at the moment!

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Mar 2015, 1:42 pm

We need to play boring rugby its our only chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Sun 08 Mar 2015, 2:01 pm

You say 'boring' rugby, any form of rugby is good rugby! To be honest I like seeing our pack dominate and allowing us to mount up points be the boot. Perhaps we need a fully firing Faz back, but until we find a link the midfield that allows us to fully compliment our forwards, lets just win games - it mind result in us winning a world cup!

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sun 08 Mar 2015, 2:16 pm

Awesome from wade

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sun 08 Mar 2015, 2:18 pm

Wow even better from daly

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Mar 2015, 2:25 pm

Daly is in form of his life at momebt

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Sun 08 Mar 2015, 2:25 pm

Going to be a good game by the looks of things luke!

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 08 Mar 2015, 2:34 pm

Daly was great against us, love to see backup to Brown at FB.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 08 Mar 2015, 2:37 pm

Daly the form 13 in the AP at the moment, last 6 games he's been fantastic. If Lancaster opts for Twelvetrees or Goode on the bench ahead of him then it's ridiculous.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 08 Mar 2015, 2:39 pm

I don't think he's up standard at 13 defensivley but could be a top FB

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 08 Mar 2015, 2:43 pm

Haven't seen any issues defensively this season with him at 13 this season, Wasps defence coach has got the whole team defending very well. Only issue Wasps have had at 13 is when they have been over exposed by Wade's positioning, but again that's been sorted out and Wades doing a good job.

Dalys pace makes him a good defender.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 08 Mar 2015, 2:45 pm

Have to agree to disagree Chris, seen him have some nightmare games in defence. Let's not do this one again lol

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Mar 2015, 2:50 pm

Daly will miss the odd tackle due to his size but will also make tackles others will not due to his pace and reading of the game. Balances out

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 08 Mar 2015, 2:55 pm

Seen every wasps game this season and under Brad Davies our defence coach all players have improved there. Amazing how different Wasps are now they are at the Ricoh - really exciting team to watch, such a contrast to Sarries style!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 08 Mar 2015, 2:56 pm

He's not better than Joseph or Tuilagi imo.

I've seen him have stinkers Chris, me and Flux I think have commented on it a few times.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 08 Mar 2015, 3:06 pm

He's not a beast of a defender but no issues for me to stop him being an England player. Would love to see him on the bench as opposed to Twelvetrees or Goode, but under Lancaster no chance!

So many good youngsters coming through at the moment, Itoje has been great first half! Also liking Slade at Chiefs, he's put a great run together.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 08 Mar 2015, 3:08 pm

Again agree to disagree, we have different opinions on his defence. I'd happily see him cover FB.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 08 Mar 2015, 3:11 pm

We're beating Tigers! Blow the final whistle!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 08 Mar 2015, 3:12 pm

Itoje could be a WC bolter, he's been excellent

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 08 Mar 2015, 3:25 pm

They've properly done a number on Hughes today as well - haven't seen that happen this year. Having a bad game for us today.

Sarries must set a record for kicking today

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 08 Mar 2015, 3:34 pm

Stopping Hughes stops a lot of Wasps momentum as so many attacks stem off him and him drawing defenders. We done it to a limited amount of success a few weeks back but gave Daly space doing so.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next