The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest Organisational press releases/post fight statements?

3 posters

Go down

Greatest Organisational press releases/post fight statements? Empty Greatest Organisational press releases/post fight statements?

Post by kingraf Mon 23 Feb 2015, 14:52

All this talk of middleweight titles and WBC champions took me back a few years. Now, boxing alphabet soup organisations are incoherent messes, with neither rhyme nor reason for why they make their decisions, but every now and then, they produce a rather special decision, and an equally press statement on why they've done it. A recent example would the humorous release on Mayweather being a once in a generation fighter, and once in a generation fighters deserving once in a generation occasions. Therefore, Mayweather vs Maidana 2 will be for the Welterweight AND Super welterweight title.

As many of you recall, Martínez got shafted quite badly by WBC in 2011 so Chavez could be gifted a shot. The press release on why Martínez wasn't shafted though, was gold Nothing more, nothing less.
"The WBC is proud to
announce the appointment of Sergio Martinez as
Emeritus Champion. Sergio Martinez is a two-
time world champion, as he conquered the WBC
super welterweight championship and then
defeated great champion Kelly Pavlik to conquer
the WBC middleweight championship. He then
defeated Paul Williams with a dramatic
“Knockout of the Year.” Sergio Martinez is a true
example for the youth outside the ring and is
constantly active in the WBC Cares Program,
visiting children’s hospitals, underprivileged
children’s housing, and has a formal company in
support of abused women making him a true
influence all around the world. With Sergio
Martinez’ designation as Emeritus Champion and
Ambassador of Good Will and Peace, WBC
interim champion Sebastian Zbik of Germany
becomes the WBC world middleweight champion
and must face the mandatory contender Julio
Cesar Chavez Jr."

Who would need an alphabet world title if you can be an alphabet global ambassador for peace and goodwill?

Last edited by kingraf on Mon 23 Feb 2015, 15:42; edited 2 times in total
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Greatest Organisational press releases/post fight statements? Empty Re: Greatest Organisational press releases/post fight statements?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 23 Feb 2015, 15:27

My Wife is the....."Interim Silver WBC Inter Continental Jr Straw weight Global Ambassador for Peace and Will champion....... "

We are very proud of her even though she demanded on a catchweight !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Greatest Organisational press releases/post fight statements? Empty Re: Greatest Organisational press releases/post fight statements?

Post by hazharrison Mon 23 Feb 2015, 15:32

Totally unrelated but I needed an irreverant thread to post this.

Eamonn Magee (who almost beat Ricky Hatton years ago) has just been jailed for four months for beating up a woman in a flat. He claimed he was the victim of an assualt and offered the most bizarre defence I've seen in a long time:

“That girl can fight, as she went down she was punching me something shocking. She can fight like a man,” he told the court.

“My ribs were the worst, she was punching me, she was (Marvin) Hagler.”

My question is: Why didn't he use Mayweather?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 23 Feb 2015, 15:35

Eamonn Magee was a tough S.O.B.......

Hatton may have beaten him in the ring...........But I know who I would have picked on the street........

Yep we know Mayweather is a Wife beater...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 23 Feb 2015, 15:36

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Eamonn Magee was a tough S.O.B.......

Hatton may have beaten him in the ring...........But I know who I would have picked on the street........

Ha! Didn't mean it that way - was poking fun at the Hagler-Floyd bi-monthly bun fight.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 23 Feb 2015, 15:40

hazharrison wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Eamonn Magee was a tough S.O.B.......

Ha! Didn't mean it that way - was poking fun at the Hagler-Floyd bi-monthly bun fight.

I still remember Hatton - Magee.......Got up from his stool waited for Hatton waited for Hatton.... took loads of shots and sat down......

One of the toughest fighters I've seen................

Shame he didn't accomplish more considering that his useless namesake won a "World" title............Pitiful surrender to Kessler....Dreadful !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down