The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we ready to play the Mayweather v Manny game ???

4 posters

Go down

Are we ready to play the Mayweather v Manny game ??? Empty Are we ready to play the Mayweather v Manny game ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 Feb 2015, 10:37

It's really boring........ So Monopoly, Cluedo, and Trivial pursuit suppliers don't worry !!............

In this game we have two teams..............One is the Mayweather team and the other is the Manny team..............

The Mayweather team
-------------------------

Your job is to put the case that beating a currently successful legend that is ranked 4th in the World is a legacy enhancing win !!....After all how often do Top 5 p4pers face off ??........After the fight it's your job to make wavering doubters believe he belongs in the Top 10 !!

The Manny team
-------------------

Your job is to put the case that because Mayweather didn't fight in 2009 it's a meaningless win and it's not legacy enhancing !!.....BUT!!!!!! After the fight should Manny win.....Your job is to say it isn't meaningless after all...........As it shows Manny was better all along and that Mayweather is a fraud !!............

Available in all good retail outlets .............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Are we ready to play the Mayweather v Manny game ??? Empty Re: Are we ready to play the Mayweather v Manny game ???

Post by Rodney Thu 26 Feb 2015, 10:44

My question is lets say Manny wins seems to be counted out for some reason.. Will those guys who have Floyd in their top 10 ATG all of a sudden include Manny ?
I'd say Manny has a better CV of victims than Floyd at this stage but is considerably ranked below him.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Are we ready to play the Mayweather v Manny game ??? Empty Re: Are we ready to play the Mayweather v Manny game ???

Post by Derbymanc Thu 26 Feb 2015, 11:05

The fights 6 years past when they both should have faced off, sets a bad example for other top boxers facing each other and if they charge a fortune for the PPV could set a bad precedent going forward.

BUT the fight obviously still has value as they are still both number 1 and 2 ad the fight therefore still holds significance and can hold a yardstick as to who the better man is. They're both rumoured to have slipped a bit and whoever wins will either leapfrog the other or be confirmed by all but the biggest fanboys as the better fighter.

I'm of the opinion that this could lead to a trilogy of fights between the pair (unless one gets completely wiped out) as the money it will make is staggering.

But again, for me it's too late and I won't be giving my money to either of them.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Thu 26 Feb 2015, 11:55

I am changing my mind, and rather than see Pacquiao win, I am now hoping that the fight is a clear cut draw, with each winning six excellent rounds with no room for arguement.- because neither man deserves to have his legacy spoiled by a loss in this one, and the muppets amongst each man fans will definately try to do that.
Both men are nailed on ATGs and deserve the respect that should be afforded to such status. Pac man's willingness to to engage in series of fights against his closest rivals, such as Morales, Barrera and JMM, seems to suggest that he, out of the two, has displayed a greater desire to test himself against the best, and that's more in tune with the the spirit of the sport from us fans point if view, but to suggest as many do that Floyd is a serial ducker, rather than than pragmatic professional who has taken the most sensible fights from a financial view is just daft.
A draw in a fight in which both display the heart, skill and determination that has made them the best of their generation would leave both their ego's intact, and each set of fans from having to make excuses.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down