The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Much for the Floyd v Pac match?

+7
Coxy001
AdamT
Scottrf
Derbymanc
Rodney
hampo17
Adam D
11 posters

Go down

Who and how much?

How Much for the Floyd v Pac match? Vote_lcap8%How Much for the Floyd v Pac match? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
How Much for the Floyd v Pac match? Vote_lcap8%How Much for the Floyd v Pac match? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
How Much for the Floyd v Pac match? Vote_lcap25%How Much for the Floyd v Pac match? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]
How Much for the Floyd v Pac match? Vote_lcap50%How Much for the Floyd v Pac match? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 6 ]
How Much for the Floyd v Pac match? Vote_lcap0%How Much for the Floyd v Pac match? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How Much for the Floyd v Pac match? Vote_lcap0%How Much for the Floyd v Pac match? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

How Much for the Floyd v Pac match? Empty How Much for the Floyd v Pac match?

Post by Adam D Thu 26 Feb 2015, 1:25 pm

Quite simple really but do you think that Sky (assuming they show it) will charge for the event?

Factors to consider:

Its in the middle of the night unlike other Sky PPVs.
Boxnation usually show Floyd fights
(and for Strongy) Hearn isnt involved

Vote below where you think this will end up and for how much.

Last edited by Adam D on Thu 26 Feb 2015, 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

How Much for the Floyd v Pac match? Empty Re: How Much for the Floyd v Pac match?

Post by Adam D Thu 26 Feb 2015, 1:25 pm

I've gone for Sky and I think it will be £25

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

How Much for the Floyd v Pac match? Empty Re: How Much for the Floyd v Pac match?

Post by hampo17 Thu 26 Feb 2015, 1:30 pm

I'd be surprised if BT don't really try and get this fight, I know they're involved in negotiations. Could be a huge money spinner for them.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 26 Feb 2015, 1:32 pm

hampo171 wrote:I'd be surprised if BT don't really try and get this fight, I know they're involved in negotiations. Could be a huge money spinner for them.
Will it be PPV in that case or just like the old Setanta where you just need to subscribe for a period?

And would it be free effectively for BT Internet subscribers like the sports channel?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 26 Feb 2015, 1:38 pm

No idea, wouldn't be surprised if they just up the price for new subscribers.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 26 Feb 2015, 1:53 pm

I have just seen the odds according to Paddy Power:

1/9 Sky
6/1 BT
20/1 Boxnation
33/1 ITV
33/1 BBC

Now I dont see how the BBC can be at the same odds as ITV to be honest. WIth ITV, the investment comes from a return from advertising. The BBC would be paying out of the license payers money. So to put them at the same odds is nonsensical to me.

Having said that, I dont see ITV getting the gig either!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 26 Feb 2015, 1:55 pm

Sky at the £17.95 they charged for Froch/Groves more than likely..

I'd pay double if I didn't have to listen to any of the Sky team.. And letting Halling loose on it makes me feel a tad queasy..

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 26 Feb 2015, 1:58 pm

Sky @ at least 40 quid to set a precedent for the next 'big' fights.

Although I hadn't seen BT and Hampo's made a good point, they don't seem to mind throwing money about, and if they can throw in a minimum subscription charge it'll all be good for them.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 26 Feb 2015, 2:00 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Sky @ at least 40 quid to set a precedent for the next 'big' fights

They can Fook right off if thats the case..
Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 26 Feb 2015, 2:39 pm

Sky £19.95.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 26 Feb 2015, 2:44 pm

sky £22.50

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 26 Feb 2015, 2:50 pm

I've gone for under £10. They've figured out no one will pay much above that to listen to the team of thundertwonks talk cack before/during/after the main event.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 26 Feb 2015, 2:52 pm

Sky at possibly £29.95. Aren't the TV rights astronomical?

Can't see it being less than £20. Rupert needs a new yacht you know.

Eddie is a small time ass wipe compared to sinister Murdock.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 Feb 2015, 2:55 pm

Murdoch....

Depends whether Boxnation bid and how much.. ............I imagine it will be cheaper than people think...

Something is better than nothing being the modus operandi............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 26 Feb 2015, 3:01 pm

And how about that B.A Baracus he ain't much better Wink

Think everyones erring on the side of caution at the moment. It's got to be more than normal really to justify it's once in a generation feel.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 Feb 2015, 3:04 pm

I know one thing Derby.............Everyone who thinks it's meaningless can't stop going on about it...

They'll be watching I bet ya !! Wink Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 26 Feb 2015, 3:06 pm

GGG knocking out binmen is great but the 2 best fighters of a generation finally going head to head means little. Rolling Eyes

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 Feb 2015, 3:08 pm

AdamT wrote:GGG knocking out binmen is great but the 2 best fighters of a generation finally going head to head means little.  Rolling Eyes

You know it's the biggest fight of all time and so do I.........

Wouldn't worry about a few idiots..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 26 Feb 2015, 3:09 pm

Would go with around £16.95. However would not surprise me to see if they try to put on a decent/stacked domestic card on the same night with a view to testing the water with regard to charging more.

Can't see it landing anywhere other than Sky. On a huge fight like this I can't imagine the promoters wanting to try any unknown quantities in terms of providers. Whilst Sky might not be working with the respective promoters currently they have a proven track record of being able to promote, sell and show big events without any technical glitches going back years. Better the devil you know and all that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 Feb 2015, 3:11 pm

Rowley wrote:Would go with around £16.95. However would not surprise me to see if they try to put on a decent/stacked domestic card on the same night with a view to testing the water with regard to charging more.

Can't see it landing anywhere other than Sky. On a huge fight like this I can't imagine the promoters wanting to try any unknown quantities in terms of providers. Whilst Sky might not be working with the respective promoters currently they have a proven track record of being able to promote, sell and show big events without any technical glitches going back years. Better the devil you know and all that.

I think that it will be a huge sell in America................Over here though they don't transend like a Tyson or even Lewis.......Hence it will show in the price.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 26 Feb 2015, 3:16 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Rowley wrote:Would go with around £16.95. However would not surprise me to see if they try to put on a decent/stacked domestic card on the same night with a view to testing the water with regard to charging more.

I think that it will be a huge sell in America................Over here though they don't transend like a Tyson or even Lewis.......Hence it will show in the price.....

Truss you would be suprised. Most ones I have been speaking to have been talking about getting the fight. Half of them don't follow boxing but will get this. Regardless what people saying about it happening 5 years ago. The fact that it didn't actually makes it bigger to the casual at the very least.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 26 Feb 2015, 3:20 pm

[/quote]

You know it's the biggest fight of all time and so do I.........

Wouldn't worry about a few idiots..[/quote]

I know you don't do sarcasm.. So WTF ?? A 37 and 38 year old going at 6-7 years too late is boxings biggest matchup ??
Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 26 Feb 2015, 4:34 pm

Just can't see people paying £20+ for something at 4am
involving no Brits. As much as a big deal they make this, boxing is still a fringe sport.

People get involved in the Super Bowl but how many people would pay to watch it, let alone in the middle of the night.

90% of British people are unaware of the super bowl even being on, and I think this fight will be the same. Can't see the casual or the hardcore shelling out loads and at 4am what bars will be showing it?

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down