Goodbye Sweet Prince

Go down

Goodbye Sweet Prince

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 1:47 am

It looks nothing could break Rey's fall and, due to Reigns' push, Mysterio has been moved to the alumni page. All the staff here at 606v2 would like to wish him well in his future endeavours and thank him for all the fetish play inspiration over the years.

Goodbye Rey, we'll remember you for being small

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Re: Goodbye Sweet Prince

Post by psycho-gooner on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 8:23 am

Thank god, I got sick at him winning nearly every single math of his. His win/loss ratio is on par with Cena. I'll always remember his great feud with Cody Rhodes as when he finally started putting people over.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 11:04 am

Rey was fantastic. He brought energy and invention to WWE, which often came as a welcome start to a PPV or break from big men.

Unfortunately, like most things that WWE find are successful, they can't stop then. And it got to the point where I couldn't bear to see another set up for a 619.

Still, I thought his feud with Big Show was the best work that Show has done. The image of Show throwing Rey round was great.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 11:14 am

Maybe he wasn't the main reason, but his feuds with Eddie (I'm your Papi), Punk and Jericho were superb. Obviously the face in peril needs to play his role properly to make the heel look so good in those feuds, so credit for those.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 12:17 pm

The greatest midget in wwe history. After hornyswaggle obviously.
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 12:24 pm

Rey & Edge vs Angle & Benoit is still one of the best tag matches ever.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 12:28 pm

I'm generally not a fan of wrestlers in masks (barring El Generico of course my fellow smarks) as I feel it restricts them. The human face tells a story in itself, the emotions it portrays etc, this is especially true for a underdog babyface, you need empathy with a character, being unable to see that characters facial expressions seems daft.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 12:43 pm

I like quite a few of the masked guys in Lucha Underground such as Mille Mortes and Prince Puma - both have something great about them.

And although I agree with Hero to some extent, sometimes the lack of expression adds, like with Manik and Mille Mortes

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 4:50 pm

A massively underrated career if this thread is anything to go by. A bona fide industry-changing wrestler who has achieved far more than anybody would have ever dreamed.

crippledtart
V2 Journal
V2 Journal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 4:54 pm

It highlights the problems of staying too long as ruining your legacy. I think it's why Rey wanted out, he was being remembered as this comic book, child friendly chancer rather than an amazing wrestler and a bit of a trail blazer to some extent.

If they pick their time he could be a Hall of Fame headliner, but you get the feeling he won't get such respect. But I think Foldy could have too

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 4:55 pm

I'd watch if he appeared in Lucha Underground, just for he pop, let alone the more high profile Mexican Feds, one in particular whose name escapes me

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart on Sat 28 Feb 2015, 12:04 am

The thing is, he made a lot more money doing a lot less damage to his body in WWE than on the way there.

He did the smart thing. Just like Piper, Dibiase, Guerrero and Bryan, he arguably had a better body of work elsewhere, but in WWE he found a way to work within a formula and make a lot less mean a lot more.

crippledtart
V2 Journal
V2 Journal

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo on Sat 28 Feb 2015, 7:42 am

Dolphin Abuser wrote:It highlights the problems of staying too long as ruining your legacy.

I think that sums up Rey's WWE tenure pretty well. I dont think anyone can argue he didnt deserve his first World title, as he had been a top babyface for some time. However, outside a <2 hour WWE title run and another World title when Kane cashed in its really tough to remember anything of note he did.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sat 28 Feb 2015, 11:29 am

crippledtart wrote:The thing is, he made a lot more money doing a lot less damage to his body in WWE than on the way there.

He did the smart thing. Just like Piper, Dibiase, Guerrero and Bryan, he arguably had a better body of work elsewhere, but in WWE he found a way to work within a formula and make a lot less mean a lot more.

Sticking around WWE was smart financially and for his health, probably, but that's beside the point on legacy. It's a worthwhile balance, but that doesn't change that his body of work will be tainted by fresher memories and younger audiences remembering him as the man who wasn't Daniel Bryan in the 2014 Rumble and a bit of a joke come his last few years

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum