What is 'going to far' in wrestling

Go down

What is 'going to far' in wrestling

Post by Danny on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 3:01 pm

Hi all,

First time thread maker on this board.

Read an insightful column on a wrestling board, the link to which I have posted below. (Hope it is ok to post links, and that it works) There is a video within that column, which I would like to get the views of the members on this forum. Personally I am in agreement with the writer of the column, in that the events that took place were taking things a little too far for purposes of entertainment. Maybe you guys might feel differently, but whatever your views I would be interested to know.

Thanks for reading

http://www.lordsofpain.net/columns/chairshots/Chair_Shots_Presents_How_Far_Is_Too_Far.html

Danny

Back to top Go down

Re: What is 'going to far' in wrestling

Post by Adam D on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 3:15 pm

Havent read the article yet but I saw a video this morning that genuinely shocked me - I will see if I can find it. JR was commentating and it was a woman who took a chair shot and then a release powerbomb (which looked really dangerous)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 3:17 pm

Adam D wrote:Havent read the article yet but I saw a video this morning that genuinely shocked me - I will see if I can find it. JR was commentating and it was a woman who took a chair shot and then a release powerbomb (which looked really dangerous)
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=856138597784052&set=vb.645926782138569&type=2&theater

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 3:21 pm

Hi Adam,

That is indeed the same video. The release power bomb (razors edge?) move just seemed shockingly dangerous. No idea why he has to run across the ring to do it in the first place. Whatever the context, I cannot see that doing it as he did and releasing her when he did, he could deem it as doing the move safely?

Danny

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 4:23 pm

I think if a move can be performed safely it doesnt really matter who takes it.

I think the guy put alot more force into it than necessary, forgetting the lassie probably weighs about 10 stone.

While I think chair shots to the head still have a place in wrestling, that one looked brutal, and I would say just crosses the line of acceptable.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x on Thu 05 Mar 2015, 9:02 am

I agree with Samo...if a move is safe then it doesn't matter who takes it...I also have no issue with intergender wrestling as there are some great female wrestlers out there who can really make the angle work.

The chair shot looked brutal but in my opinion sometimes wrestling needs to go that step further in an angle and if everyone is ok with it then go for it. I'm more worried about the Razor's Edge than the chair shot.

For instance, at PWG 11 the Young Bucks were dropping the tag titles to Joey Ryan and Candice LeRae after holding them for the record breaking reign. This moment needed to be big so they had a Guerrilla Warfare match (Extreme Rules). In the match Nick Jackson superkicks LeRae with a shoe with pins attached to the bottom and he nails her causing her to be split open...a lot of people complained but LeRae went on record saying the match needed that moment to show that she could hang against the best tag team in the world. She said that both her and Nick knew they couldn't hold back and not only did she take the shot but she finished the match proving she was tough enough.

In my opinion, if a moment like the video is the really sell something and put it over then I'm ok with it...the issue is when it's just a throw away moment.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Thu 05 Mar 2015, 9:25 am

Not that I was looking but the male wrestler had a quite visible b0ner

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x on Thu 05 Mar 2015, 9:38 am

Adam D wrote:Not that I was looking but the male wrestler had a quite visible b0ner

Ok, THAT is going too far in Wrestling.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum