The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News concerning the v2 wrestling podcast

+5
Dolphin Ziggler
Crimey
Marky
Prometheus
Adam D
9 posters

Go down

News concerning the v2 wrestling podcast Empty News concerning the v2 wrestling podcast

Post by Adam D Tue 10 Mar 2015, 1:15 pm

Hi all.

At the moment, the v2wrestling podcast is going through a bit of a rethink and we want all of your opinions. Over the years, features have come and gone but the panel has remained constant.

So this thread is designed for two reasons:

1. How could we improve the show? What would you like us to change? Are there any old features that you miss? Whatever you want, let us know!

2. Would you like to be part of the podcast team going forward? Due to certain commitments, the panel is likely to change soon and we are looking for people who can commit to taking part on a regular basis. We usually record on a Tuesday at 8pm, so if you want to take part, that is the evening that you need to have mostly free.

If you are interested in joining the team or would prefer to give discreet feedback, then please PM me or post below.

Cheers

A

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

News concerning the v2 wrestling podcast Empty Re: News concerning the v2 wrestling podcast

Post by Prometheus Tue 10 Mar 2015, 1:59 pm

Even in the short time I've been listening you've gone through a few different approaches and have arrived back (I think) somewhere close to where you started. That would be to me a roughly 1 hour show, split between a discussion of TNA and WWE.

I like the show. I don't want this to come over wrong, but I like how the show sounds more like a show by fans than someone seriously trying to analyse wrestling. I'm not saying that you don't do analysis, but wow some shows take themselves seriously.

I'd even go so far as to say that what I think should be a great weakness of the show on paper, actually ends up being one of its strengths on recording. So, you'd expect that the minimum level of preparation for the show would be to watch wrestling. But does anyone other than you Adam watch Impact consistently? And vice-versa, how many actually catch Raw by the time of the taping? In theory, that really shouldn't work. But in practice I find some of the most interesting discussion comes out of having to explain what happened to the parties who are just catching up with events then.

And, I hope that didn't sound bad, it was meant to illustrate what I find vibrant and endearing about the show. And I should say (though I can't remember who was on the show... Hero?) that the "special" you did on Brock Lesnar to me was still one of the best standalone wrestling podcasts I've ever heard.

So to summarise, a new format for the show could be.
Minutes 1 - 10. Talk about a fantasy football league and how I can get the best insurance for my car.
Minutes 10 - 15. I'd like to hear more about your favourite chipolte sauce recipes and when the latest batch of T-shirts are shipping form China.
Minutes 20 - 25. Cover Ring of Honor's lighting and tell their workers to slow down.
Minutes 25 - 30. I was going to say plug DDP yoga, but don't give him any air time, instead find an old Mr Motivator video in a car boot sale and plug that.
Minutes 30 - 60. Tell stories about yourselves and make sure you use the name Big Dick as many times as you can.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

News concerning the v2 wrestling podcast Empty Re: News concerning the v2 wrestling podcast

Post by Marky Tue 10 Mar 2015, 3:07 pm

You forgot to mention territories.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 10 Mar 2015, 3:18 pm

'Working the Southern Territories with Big Dick' has to be a euphemism.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Mar 2015, 3:22 pm

I'd be interested in taking part in the podcast, can't always commit to the Tuesday 8pm, but if you give me a couple of days notice, I'd be able to let you know if I can.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 10 Mar 2015, 4:31 pm

You'll to start watching TNA, cos I certainly aint

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Tue 10 Mar 2015, 4:41 pm

I have no real wrestling knowledge to call upon and can't commit to a regular gig but based on recent podcasts I don't think either of those affect the selection process for identifying contributors so what the hell I'm in Smile

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 10 Mar 2015, 5:52 pm

Can either of you make next Tuesday?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Mar 2015, 5:59 pm

Adam D wrote:Can either of you make next Tuesday?

Should be able to.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 10 Mar 2015, 6:13 pm

How about tonight Laugh

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Mar 2015, 7:22 pm

Adam D wrote:How about tonight Laugh

Would if I had a microphone

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 10 Mar 2015, 7:23 pm

Do you have a landline we can call on?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Mar 2015, 7:33 pm

Adam D wrote:Do you have a landline we can call on?

Unfortunately not, I'm in my student house right now, so only mobile.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 10 Mar 2015, 7:34 pm

Does your phone not have Skype?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Mar 2015, 7:40 pm

yes...

Doh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 10 Mar 2015, 7:42 pm

Just dropped you a pm.

Starting in 10 minutes!

Saddle up! Don't worry it's a short one tonight.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 11 Mar 2015, 5:30 pm

Similar to Prometheus I enjoy the fact the show is aimed at fans by fans and although I dont catch it every week I enjoy the ones I do manage to listen to... However a very small critic is that the sound quality isn't great... Some peoples voices are recorded very quietly so I have to turn up my headphones to hear them clearly and then other are recorded at a normal level which nearly deafens me when they pitch in... Just a small criticism but it does affect me staying tuned in at times.

In terms of format I always liked the dirtsheet headline discussion during the first 20 mins... It adds something additional to the show that isnt just a play by play of what happened on raw/TNA.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 11 Mar 2015, 5:56 pm

I've found the best podcasts are the ones that sound like a bunch of friends just shooting the Poopie and discussing something they all enjoy

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 12 Mar 2015, 2:03 pm

why not post it on YouTube so more people can hear it.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down