The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NXT results 18/3

4 posters

Go down

NXT results 18/3 Empty NXT results 18/3

Post by Samo Thu 19 Mar 2015, 4:38 pm

NXT is on the road for the first time ever, coming from the Arnold Classic in Columbus Ohio. Rich Brennan, Corey Graves and Jason Alberts have the call.

Tyler Breeze vs. Kalisto

The crowd is fired up. Breeze does a lot of posturing early, but is quickly taken down with armdrags and a headlock takedown. Kalisto does a spot rebounding off the ropes where he walks on his hands, kips up and hits a headscissors takedown. Breeze with a superkick to counter a springboard splash. He puts on a rest hold to set up a commercial break.

The crowd builds momentum for Kalisto, who fights out of the hold but runs into a standing dropkick off the springboard. Kalisto with kicks and a step-up enzuigiri. He sets up for a top rope dive and connects with a 450 splash for a nearfall. Kalisto with a handspring spinning wheel kick; Breeze counters Solida del Sol with the Beauty Shot for the win.

Winner: Tyler Breeze

-They air a video package for tonight’s match between Kevin Owens and Alex Riley. It’s PPV quality good.

-They air footage from the Arnold Sports Festival including Arnold putting over Triple H’s career, and Triple H’s Hall of Fame induction speech. Plus footage from Alexa Bliss returning home, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair, the NXT live matches, all the autograph signings and more. Triple H noted, “nobody left. All day long they sat there; this place was packed all day. These fans already knew who these NXT Superstars were. They’re more engaged now than ever. That’s not a developmental brand anymore. That’s a brand.”

-Enzo comes out and does his usual shtick, and everyone in the building talks along with him. Carmella actually gets a lot of heat. Big Cass cuts a promo about the Arnold Classic and pumping iron, then tells Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy to pump the breaks, and makes fun of “the Australian one”. The crowd eats it up.

Wesley Blake vs. Big Cass

Cass is super over. Everyone is chanting “how you doin?” He uses his size to bully the champ around the ring for several minutes. Blake responds correctly, going full heel mode by stomping a mudhole in the corner. He locks on a rest hold, but Cassidy powers out with a backbreaker. He fires off with a few shoulder tackles and connects with a big corner splash, followed by the Black Hole Slam. Cass does the SAWFT fist-pumps. He kicks Murphy off the apron but gets distracted by Carmella being taken out, and Blake rolls him up for the 1-2-3.

Winner: Wesley Blake

-We get a “coming soon” package for Dana Brooke, who was on stage at the Arnold Classic as a body builder.

Sasha Banks vs. Alexa Bliss

The crowd is actually split, despite Bliss being the hometown girl here. Lots of dueling “Sasha’s ratchet/no she’s not” chants. Sasha does a drop toehold into the bottom turnbuckle and hits the double knees in the corner spot. Bliss eventually fights back with elbow and a nice clothesline, leg sweep and standing moonsault combo. They brawl to the floor. Bliss goes hard into the apron, but ends up throwing Banks off the ring post and sliding back into the ring to beat the count at 10.

Winner: Alexa Bliss (via count-out)

-Sasha and Alexa are backstage arguing with William Regal, who books a championship rematch between the two next week.

-Kevin Owens cuts a promo about Alex Riley being a moron for giving up his posh job on commentary just to have his in-ring career killed tonight. He talks about beating Finn Balor and continuing his reign as the most dominating champion in NXT and the WWE.

Kevin Owens vs. Alex Riley

The crowd chants “Kill Owens Kill” and “Owens Gonna Kill You” and are about 80/20 in favor of the heel champion. There’s actually a small “Mr. Wrestling” chant from the Steen fans that remember.

Owens carries the start of the match with a traditional heel brawl, that caps off with a cannonball splash in the corner. The beatdown continues for several minutes until Riley fires up with right hands. Owens tries for another cannonball, but Riley moves and hits him with a spinebuster. They have a good back-and-forth that ends with Owens hitting the pop-up powerbomb.

Winner: Kevin Owens

-KO celebrates his victory, but goes after Riley. He sets up for a powerbomb on the apron, but Finn Balor comes out and stares him down. Balor flies off the set (not the traditional NXT set, but a 5-7 foot platform near one of the entrances) with a forearm shot. They fight back into the ring with Finn getting a dropkick. He sets up for the double foot stomp, but Owens bails from the ring and up the ramp. We get a staredown between the two to end the show.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A good show for NXT this week which certainly hints and becoming a touring brand. A lot of positives to take away from it so I'll work my way through the card.

The opener was a good match. Tyler Breeze gets another good win under his belt and Kalisto looked good in a long singles match. This guy really has bag loads of potential and could be the next Rey Mysterio if booked right. The crowd were more behind him as a singles guy than they have been as a tag team, but that might be because its not in FSU this week.

God damn I love Enzo and Cass, and its encouraging to see their popularity outside FSU. One of the best reactions of the night. Its good to see NXT buck the trend slightly and have a champ win in a non-title match.

Says all you need to say about Sasha Banks when shes getting a better reaction than a hometown star. Bliss is getting better, but needs to calm down with the fake tan a bit. Sasha is just perfect. I would give it to her in the missionary position while she cuts heel promos on me. Looking forward to their title match next week, Banks sold frustration at the announcement perfectly, like a heel champ should.

Kevin Owens is just perfect. I would give it to him in the mis... shouldnt say that out loud. The way he carries himself in the ring, his mannerisms, his banter with the crowd. Brilliant. Riley looked good and got in enough hope spots to make it not a total squash. Balor coming out at the end and getting in a scrap with Owens was great and builds excitement for their match next week. Owens getting a parting shot on Riley on the way out was the icing on the cake.

The crowd were awesome all night and shows the popularity NXT has outside of FSU. It should be a confidence booster to the guys, and show to Triple H that taking NXT on the road might actually be an avenue worth goind down.

Samo

Back to top Go down

NXT results 18/3 Empty Re: NXT results 18/3

Post by psycho-gooner Sun 22 Mar 2015, 7:53 pm

Enjoyable episode as always with NXT. Spend the last week catching up on 5-6 episodes of NXT including R.Evolution. Always enjoy Breeze but I am 99% sure he'll get squashed when on the main roster. Kalisto will be a solid mid-carder and that's probably as far as he'll get.

The Womens divison is just perfect now, every talent is worth watching. Sasha will definitely rise to the top if given decent time on the mic.

As someone whom has only ever heard of Kevin Steen but never watched any of his work, he always a bit of an urban legend to me. But only after seeing him for a couple months, I'm certain he is the real deal and is far too talented to not get to the main event.

I look at Owens and Zayn and feel they both fill the CM Punk-shaped hole in my heart. They both literally have it all. Do others feel Owens/Steen and Zayn are comparable (if not better) than Punk?

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun 22 Mar 2015, 9:37 pm

I thought this was one of their poorer shows.

No surprises that Enzo and Cass got a great live reception. If Cass were a bit more ready (and ripped) he'd be a great entrant in the Andre the Giant Memorial.

Owens is a bigger star every week, I can't deny that. I hope his surgery doesn't set him back too much.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:51 pm

psycho-gooner wrote:
I look at Owens and Zayn and feel they both fill the CM Punk-shaped hole in my heart. They both literally have it all. Do others feel Owens/Steen and Zayn are comparable (if not better) than Punk?

I think its tough to compare as whole characters, but I think Zayn is the best of Punk as a face and Owens is the best of Punk as a heel, almost like Yin and Yang to each other.

Zayn has a natural connection with the crowd which is incredibly rare. He doesnt have to do anything special to get the crowd to love him, just his energy and his happy go lucky attitude are enough. He is all that John Cena should be without being a self-righteous douche about it.

On the other side of the coin, you have Kevin Owens who is a natural born heel. Its really tough to articulate why he is great, you just have to watch him. His little interactions with the crowd, his mannerisms, his facial expressions, it all adds up. Plus his demeanor, and the way he goes about things. By claiming he is fighting for his family, he does so without honour. He's doing the wrong things for the right reasons. I think the comparisons with Brock Lesnar are fair in that regard.

I havent seen either man in the opposite role, so I dont know how Zayn would fair as a heel or vice versa for Owens. I think Owens is universally held in such a high regard he could probably pull it off no problem, and Zayn is that loved as a face that a heel turn would be a big deal.

Cm Punk can easily be regarding as one of the greatest of all time, and I think it says alot that it takes two of the most promising prospects in NXT to make up one of him. In my mind anyway.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Mon 23 Mar 2015, 2:08 pm

Cheers Samo OK

Any feuds for Zayn and Owens that you're hoping to see when they move up? I can see Zayn working well against guys like Orton and Rollins & Owens going up against Cena.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 23 Mar 2015, 3:08 pm

Zayn had a couple of incredible matches on NXT with Cesaro, I'd love to see more of them two.

Owens could get a good match out of a broom, but a match between him and someone like Ziggler would be money.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 23 Mar 2015, 3:34 pm

Samo wrote:Zayn had a couple of incredible matches on NXT with Cesaro, I'd love to see more of them two.

Owens could get a good match out of a broom, but a match between him and someone like Ziggler would be money.

If he ends up feuding with Baron Corbin, I'm going to claim that you should have had a spoiler on that Very Happy
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:22 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Samo wrote:Zayn had a couple of incredible matches on NXT with Cesaro, I'd love to see more of them two.

If he ends up feuding with Baron Corbin, I'm going to claim that you should have had a spoiler on that Very Happy
Kenny omega could get a goodatchbup out of a broom.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:05 pm

Kenny Omega is just the best. I saw him put over a 7 year old girl and it was almost perfect.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum