The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WBC Order Purse Bids.

4 posters

Go down

WBC Order Purse Bids. Empty WBC Order Purse Bids.

Post by hampo17 Fri 27 Mar 2015 - 16:24

A fight fans have craved for some time now has moved a step closer, after the WBC announced that it had has ordered that purse bids for Adonis Stevenson to defend his world title against rival Sergey Kovalev take place on April 17th.

Yvon Michel, president of Stevensons promoter GYM has expressed his excitement at the possibility of this fight finally happening; "We went ahead because Adonis and his team (adviser Al Haymon and head trainer Jevan Sugar Hill) wanted this awesome fight to happen," Michel explained. "My boxer (Stevenson) wants to give his fans, not only from Quebec but from around the entire world, the fight they really want.

"Adonis was unfairly accused of ducking Kovalev last summer but his ultimate goal has always been to prove he is the King of the Light Heavyweights."

"Everybody talks to me about Sergey Kovalev," WBC, The Ring and lineal world light heavyweight champion Stevenson added. "I am fully focussed on Sakio Bika right now, but I really want to unify the titles. I am the king of my division and ready to prove it."

It is a fight that really divides fans, and one that nobody can be sure who will win. While Kovalev has shown he can go in to the later rounds and still hurt his opponents, he has also shown he can be caught and if he gets caught by Stevenson it could be all she wrote.

However, before this fight can be set in stone both fighters have to come through their next opponents with Stevenson set to fight Sakio Bika on April 4th, while Kovalev has 90 days to face his mandatory challenger for the IBF title Nadjib Mohammedi.

One thing is for certain though, fights like this one, and a certain one happening in Las Vegas in May are great for the fans, and great for the sport that they can be made.

http://www.v2boxing.co.uk/#!WBC-Order-Purse-Bids-For-Stevenson-vs-Kovalev/c1xmj/551583b60cf21e26bab4c6c4

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

WBC Order Purse Bids. Empty Re: WBC Order Purse Bids.

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 27 Mar 2015 - 16:42

Can't see this happening still but hope i am wrong

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 27 Mar 2015 - 17:13

I've got a funny feeling that Bika is going to spoil and stink the place out, winning a debatable SD, leaving this fight dead in the water. Just a hunch.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 27 Mar 2015 - 19:50

Bika never gets a nod over Stevenson in a close fight. Stevenson sells , Bika smells
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down